A Certain Incredible Institute [IC]

Aix

Rather than any degree of great surprise or shock, Rangi found himself more... disappointed. Less in the fact that Gin was indeed the trouble maker, he was upset that he had been recognized as the one who pulled him out, which means nothing but trouble further down the line. This man and his constant instigating of trouble had weakened everyone before the stone-spirits just so happened to show up, giving him the benefit of the doubt. If he had stayed his mouth and hands, perhaps everyone could have put up a more solid defense and less people would've been injured.

"Haha, well, you can just call me Rangi! Nice to officially meet you!"

Putting on his best fake smile, he held his hand out to shake. He wouldn't be forgiven for his meddling so easily, but there's no use in revealing this at the moment. Perhaps he can redeem himself later?

After a firm shake, the thought of the festival quickly came to mind.

"Oh, yes. Isn't there a... festival, was it? Coming up soon. Since we are roommates, I say that we join the same event. What do you say?"

A man can't redeem himself if you don't give him the chance, right? While speaking, Rangi was already up and naked, switching out of his traditional dress and into his school uniform. The tie for it was missing, however, until he had remembered that was the only school-related item he was wearing at the time. He occasionally glanced over to Gin, trying to observe him. Decipher him. He seemed cheerful enough, and not necessarily malevolent, but it seemed that he was the kind of guy that would strive for a source of any sort of entertainment, no matter how twisted and no matter how many people got involved.

...With any luck, Rangi wouldn't become the play toy of this man.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lucky Girl and The Sickly Girl Again

"Clubs?" Following Cheria's question, Sena pondered to herself for a while. It is true that this is her second year at Stavvgoll, but her physical strength simply didn't allow for much after school activity. Plus, she had much less control over Clocktower Queen then. "Hmm... Lessee... I wasn't really in any clubs back then, and I'm not interested in any of the new ones..." She paused, with her arms crossed and her expression showing that she's trying to remember. "Last year I made a literature club, but it didn't have any members beside myself, so that got disbanded within a month or something. What about you, Cheria? Anything that interests you?" She replies. 

An Unexpected Meeting

"Oh you have got to be kidding me." Mihoshi quietly said to herself as a familiar face walked through the door. Mihoshi closed the magazine she was reading and hopped out of bed after the girl's hello. "Yes, yes. Hello to you as well." Mihoshi walked over towards Yumi. "I suppose we just got off on the wrong foot. Let's try this again. Name's Mihoshi Karura." After coming into terms that she will have to spend a whole year with the person that broke her prized weapon, Mihoshi swallowed her pride and offered her roomate a handshake. 

Having placed her slip in for consideration for the student council, Rin left the office and attended her morning classes, before walking into the cafeteria for lunch. Walking into the line to wait, she stood there and watched everything that was happening around her. To the annoyance of those in the line around her, Aegis and his friend got invited straight into the line near the front, ahead of them. As the line moved on and she got her lunch, she finally got around to having a look through the events for what she could do. "Lets see, House of Mirrors sounds fun, and maybe if I choose the café as well. If I remember right there was a notice or something that the student council members had to do at least two, so I'll sign up for both of these, just in case I do get in." Her choices made, she sat back to finish enjoying her lunch.

[Yumi/Mihoshi's dorm room : A new beginning?]

Yumi nodded and returned Mihoshi's handshake.  "I am Yamashita Yumi," she said.  The following few moments felt like an eternity as Yumi searched for something else to say.

And then it hit her.

"I wonder..." Yumi said, "You wouldn't be a... magician... would you?  What kinds of magic can you use?" Yumi asked, with any hesitation from before now gone.  A glint could be seen in Yumi's eyes as she waited for her answer.

[hr]

[Outside the Cafeteria : Passing Strangers]

"Hello!"

Yumi was pulled from her thoughts by a freckled young man.  He looked somewhat familiar; Yumi figured he might actually be in her class or something.  He continued speaking, asking Yumi about what events she was participating in.

"Oh, I signed up for the play and talent show," Yumi said, pulling herself away from the wall.  "I was just trying to think of how my esper ability could be used to help make those events run more smoothly."  The area was pretty empty right now; perhaps most of the students had already signed up.  "Aren't you in my class?  Class 11-A?"  Yumi asked, walking over to the young man.  "I'm Yamasita Yumi."

The Oddest pair

Gin's eyes light up with excitement at the mention of the festival.  "Sounds like a plan!" The boy was practically singing, as he jumped from his bed. "At this rate, we'll be late for first class though... So lets meet up at lunch."  Scooping up his school bag , the shadow user made his way towards the door, only stopping to flash his roommate a devious smile. "I'll make sure to cook up all kinds of fun for us this year, Rangi-kun." Satisfied with the vagueness of his message, Gin stepped into the hallway, chuckling to himself as he began walking to his first class.The shadow mage had noticed his roommate's strange behavior, and had found it quite enjoyable to keep up his "Evil" appearance. 

​Outside the Cafeteria

Gin yawned, as he looked over the activities list for the festival. He had somehow managed to stay awake through the entirety of his first class, but the lack of action was really starting to take an effect on him. Scanning the board once more, Gin decided to sign him and Rengi up for the talent show, Play,Cafe, and the haunted house, all of which seemed to already have at least one person Gin already knew. Smiling at the thought of harassing the Aegis, or the Arcane body, Gin strolled into the cafeteria, taking a seat near the door.

"I wonder where Rangi-kun is..."

[Cheria Autriche]~ "Ahhh bah! I'll just join  the Light Music club nothing!"

Cheria continued to wonder which club but as more time is wasted, she slowly began losing the current interest in joining any sort of club. She screamed while scratching her head. "Gaaah! I can't decide! This is annoying!" eventually giving up, she looked at her senior. "Sena-senpai, I'll just stick to being a no clubber. Besides, it's not like it's a requirement." she explains. "Hmm...I won't attend my 1st class so, I'll take a break at the dorm. I gotta go Sena-senpai! Thanks!" and with that the lucky girl left to take a short break at her dorm room.

[Cheria Autriche's class]

The teacher was supposedly looking through the students to check their attendance. The teacher heard no response when he mentioned Cheria's name, when he mentioned the name of the student next to Cheria on the list, he accidentally checked Cheria's name on the list. The teacher didn't notice this and ended his attendance check and proceeded with his class.

[hr]

[Yue Itsuki] A new student! The warrior of love and honor appears!

Just in front of the institute's entrance, a elegant black limousine stopped by. A butler, who's about 40 years old, unboarded the vehicle from the driver's seat and opened the door at the far end of the limousine. From there, a young blonde girl came out, flicked her hair and crossed her arms.  "Thank you, Shinou, you can take your leave now." said the girl. "But ojou-sama! I can't! The fact that I won't be able to take care of you anymore is unbearable! I might as well hang myself now!" replied the butler. "Also, I won't be able to stop those filthy savages  from touching my ojou-sama!" he follows up. "Geez, you're overreacting again. Don't worry about me, I can handle myself! I happen to be Yue Itsuki! Ohohohoho!" the girl did the typical ojou-sama laughter.  "Okay then ojou-sama, I shall trust that you shall be well." the butler took out a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his dramatic tears. "I won't forget you, ojou-sama!" the butler comically ran at the speed of light towards the Itsuki mansion, forgetting to bring the limousine behind. 

"That Shinou, siiigh, so hopeless." the girl,disappointed by the butler's mistake, facepalmed. "Well, I think he'll probably remember to bring the car back home." the girl diverted her attention at the academy. "Stavvgoll Institute, I wonder what interesting things they have for me...Not to mention the cute guys that the school may have! Ahh the idea is too much!" blushing, the girl takes her first steps inside the institute. Not a while longer, 1 of Yue's cellular phones vibrated in her pocket, checking the text messages, it read "Ojou-sama, we have yet to apply you for a dorm room, please wait for further instructions." ~ Love Shinou ❤. "Ohhh...okie..." ignoring the "love" attempts of the butler, Yue proceeded, walking towards the cafeteria. "I should ask around first, fufu~". 

Outside cafeteria - Too lazy to make good title

The girl Sam had addressed replied, and walked over to him. She said something about them being in the same class. Thinking about it, he realized that he HAD seen her in the classroom earlier. He hasn't really payed attention to any of the other students, except for noticing Shinka and making sure to sit as far from her as possible.

"Yumi, huh? Yeah, I'm in 11-A. I think I remember seeing you now. My name's Sam Lawrence." He stood up as she walked over to him. "I only decided to join the talent show. Acting isn't my strong suit, and that's putting it lightly." He quickly glanced inside the lunchroom, and found that the line had moved imperceptibly, if at all. That wasn't really a bad thing. This Yumi didn't seem to be obviously insane, which put her above a chunk of the other students in Sam's book.

So then, might as well continue conversing. "Did you say something about using your ability to help out at the events? What ability is that, out of curiosity? My own wouldn't be particularly helpful, unless we need somebody to turn into concrete for whatever reason..."

Leaving the classrooms

Both Dani and Chronix were walking out of their classes when they encountered each other. They really had nothing to say, but Dani started the conversation.

"Class seem fun?"

"No."

"Ah. That sucks."

Chronix didn't like the class to be honest. He wasn't learning the things he wanted, so it was all pointless to him. Dani however was okay with the class, it made him feel somewhat at home. That aside, he felt it would be better to enjoy the class, since he might learn about his possible powers, if he ever would acquire any at all.

And entering the haven for the hungry

Entering the cafeteria, they saw already a large number of the students already signing up for the activities list for the school festival. Chronix remembered hearing about how Student Council members had to partake in five of the activities, or something like that. Not much to go by, but he felt he should probably do it. Dani liked the school festival however, as he liked the idea of having fun and relaxing with friends and such. He adored the idea of partaking in multiple events. They both signed up for the events: Haunted House, House of Mirrors, Theatrical Play, Talent Show, and... Cafe?

Yes, Chronix signed up for the cafe activity, in hopes of possibly increasing his chance at being the VP. Hopefully, he wouldn't have to serve anything to the guests, but instead stay behind and cooked, cleaned, or whatever. Hopefully. Dani liked people, and loved being around them, so he would be happy to be a waiter, serving people their foods. If he doesn't muck it up.

"As much as I dislike people, I suppose I can grit through it. All for the sake of resource materials for my studies. But this cafe? This is beneath me."

"Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I can't wait for these activities, being with people can be so much fun."

After they signed up for the events, they proceeded to the lunch line for their foods, and exited the line to find some seats. Chronix looked over, and saw that shadow manipulator, Gin, sitting by himself near the exit. "Oh by Aethyrius not him..."

Seeing no one else, he figured it would be dreadful to sit by Gin. However, it's him, or some random git they (Dani and Chronix) never met before. Both proceeded to the table where Gin sat.

"Y'know him?"

"Yes... unfortunately."

The two silently made their placement at the table, while setting down the trays were recognizable. Chronix pulled out a book from his satchel, titled, "The Great Chasms of Magic" while Dani began eating away.

[Outside the cafeteria : An Unexpected Reaction]

"Concrete, huh,"
Yumi said.  That's definitely not an ability she knows about.  Even though it sounds like an esper ability, Sam had caught Yumi's interest.  "I'd like to see that sometime."

*thump*

Yumi... felt something in her head.  It wasn't a familiar feeling; Peak Performance usually takes care of things like headaches.  Ignoring it for the time being, Yumi removed her bracelet from her arm, and held it in her hand.  Each bead of the bracelet began to light up from a bulb inside of each one.

"There's an LED in each bead, and my abilty lets me power each one," Yumi said, proud of how developed Peak Performance has become.  "But that is just one facet of..."

*thump* *thump* *thump*

Pausing mid-sentence, Yumi raised her hand to the side of her head.  She was definately having a headache.  "What is this?" she asked out loud.  "I shouldn't be getting headaches with Peak Performance active!"  Looking around, the other people seemed to be fine.  "Sam, do you feel anything at all?"  she asked, a little panicked.  Little did she know the source, one named Yue Itsuki, was coming their way.

Outside cafeteria - Spontanious Random Telepathy

"Ha ha...I can show you later. All I need is a sidewalk." As Yumi began taking off her wristband, Sam leaned forward. She explained that her ability could be used to light the LEDs that were apparently within the bracelet.

"But that's just one facet of-" Out of nowhere, the girl stopped talking, and raised a hand to her head. Sam looked back up at her. "Hey, are you OK?" Evidently, she wasn't. "What? Peak Performance? Um...oh, is that your ability?" He saw her look around, and she asked if he felt anything. She sounded scared at this point. "I don't feel anything weird. Are...are you having a stroke or somethi-"

He then became the second person in the conversation to break a sentence off in the middle. A blonde girl had just walked into view. Although Sam didn't know it, this was Yue Itsuki, who was giving Yumi's head a hard time. Instantly, his face turned bright red. "Uh...eh...erm...ah..." He felt an irresistible urge to go over to her, and took a step forward. He was about to take a second, when he stopped himself. "Wait! What the hell? What am I doing? Who is this girl?" Sam just stood there, staring blankly at the new arrival. He could feel the need to go over to her, to talk to her, to protect her from those who would do her harm...wait, what? Was she getting in his head? That would also explain Yumi's headache. He addressed the blonde girl. "Um...are you...ah...doing something to my h-head?"

[Yue Itsuki] The Impulse Break's Influence- "Whaaa!~ This is gonna be fun!"

Walking around the school's premises, Yue notices certain people looking her way, though unlike her previous schools, she can't spread her influence as much, fully aware of why,however, she notices quite a few people immune to her Pheromone Reflex.. "Hmmm.. those people must be mages or Level 4 espers, Stavvgoll's really interesting~ fufu!"  Thinking who should she approach, she notices a pair of a man and a woman. The man wasn't to her taste but she was intrigued at the  reaction of the woman with him. "Oh? How interesting, that's an unusual reaction to my power. I guess I should ask them~". She skips towards the two. Seeing as the man has been completely caught by her power, she decided to play with him for a bit.

"What's the matter?Your face is so red! Could it be love at first sight? Fufufu~" she giggles as she places her hand at the man's face, she diverts her attention to the suffering woman. "How 'bout you? Is there anything I can do for you? Oneeeeee-chan?~ Teehee." says Yue while slightly tilting her head, giving off a playful smile towards the woman. 

Outside cafeteria - The ruination of a perfectly good conversation

The approaching girl totally ignored Sams protestations, and proceeded to skip over to him and Yumi. And immediately following that, she made Sam blush even more (which he would have found impressive if he'd had a mirror available) by placing her hand on his face and saying something about love at first sight. He jerked back from her, almost stumbling into Yumi. "Wha- Hey, what? Y-you are doing something to...to me, aren't you?!"

But once again the boy's cries went unheeded as the girl turned to Yumi. "No! Don't let her turn away! Keep talking to he- wait, what am I thinking? Get away from me!" As Sam went through a mild internal crisis, he managed to turn his head away from the intruder into his discussion, and focus his attention on the cafeteria. The freakin' line seemed as long as ever, and most people were too busy waiting or eating to look outside the room. At least not everyone had seen this incredibly embarrassing ordeal.

"OK, OK. Leave Yumi to deal with the crazy lady for the moment. Focus on...girl...no! Just...look at that tile pattern on the lunchroom floor! That must be the greatest pattern I've ever seen!" Now, Sam just stood in the hall, desperately thinking of anything besides the mind-screwing girl who was talking to Yumi behind him.

Watching Gin leave their dorm room, Rangi's face quickly changed from a fake smile to... more of a grimace.

"...Yup. He's definitely going to be messing with me."

It appeared completely unavoidable at this point, as he seemed determined to do so. Now all Rangi could hope was that he wouldn't involve anyone else. Perhaps this will be a good patience and tolerance exercise?

*growwwl*

With this sound, it dawned on Rangi that he hadn't eaten in quite some time. He swiftly finished up any preparations he needed to, tidying himself up in a mirror, before making his way out of the dorms and towards the cafeteria.

It didn't take long for Rangi to find the cafeteria, as he was led by his gut and his nose the whole way. On that note, it probably would've been better to memorize the grounds, but he had more important things on his mind. All around him were magi's, espah's, and other extraordinary individuals, and he never actually gave it much thought. If this school became an army, it could probably rule the city, if not the nation! Perhaps even the world!

...his thoughts drifted to weird places, it would seem. A small gathering nearby soon caught his attention, nearing enough to see that it was a sign up board for the festival. It wouldn't hurt to check it out, would it? Apparently, Gin had already signed them both up for several of them.

"Let's see... Play... that's cool. Talent show... interesting. Cafe sounds nice... Lasty, we have...a haunted house?"

Haunted... it had been a long time since he had seen the word. But for some reason, it had a different weight now. He began to think, hard, digging through his memories. For a normally average word to suddenly hold such rank, there had to be a reason. Suddenly, his eyes shot incredibly wide. He knees began to feel slightly weak, and his stomach churned. He began to feel a little dizzy...

"Come on, Rangi! Hurry it up!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming!"

Rangi darted after Ahu, over fallen trees and under low branches. She had always been better at jungle running than he was, but these daily runs were really having him improve. He never felt lighter on his feet.

At least, until he ran headlong into a tree in his streak of self-confidence. With a loud "oof" and a thud, he found himself aching on the forest floor. He could vaugely here Ahu running back to where he was.

"Ooh, you big clutz! How can you run into a tree like that? These things are massive!"

Rangi couldn't help but chuckle at her overly flustered tone. She had always been so worried about him.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. It's not like anything bro-"

Just barely, out of the corner of his eye, he could see something. Something... strange. Ahu noticed too, oddly enough, as she was never too keen with barely visible objects. But it soon became apparent as to why she noticed; without noticing at all, Rangi was staring directly at the object. Almost beside himself, he stood up, slowly walking towards the object.

"H-hey, Rangi..."

Nearing it, he realized what it was very quickly. A shrine. A small thing, standing barely two feet high. It was scarcely decorated, which is odd considering the time of year.

"Hey, Ahu. Why is this out... here?"

Realizing her name was called, she became slightly flustered, nervously shaken her head and laughing.

"O-Oh, this old thing? It's nothing, trust me. Now come on, let's get back."

"Are... you sure? It feels... weird to me."

She was about to speak, but quickly changed it to a sigh. She knew full and well that Rangi had a certain... intuition about things. As a result, he was no fool.

"This running path always leads past this thing. I didn't want you to notice, but..."

"But?"

"This shrine is supposedly haunted."

Rangi almost did a spit take where he stood.

"Haunted? Are you joking?" said Rangi, beginning to take a step forward. With surprising speed, Ahu reached forward and grabbed his arm, yanking him back.

"No! Stay back! They say that misfortune occurs to all who approach this shrine. And in either case, this shrine is tapu, so stay away!"

Rangi, aside from slightly blushing, was surprised at Ahu's reaction. It's not often that she acts like this, so...

"Anyway, let's just go. We need to get back before supper."

"Y-yeah. You're right."

Ahu sprinted off down the path again, with Rangi just about to follow.

"Oh Rangi..."

He stood dead in his tracks, having heard his name. Ahu was way too far ahead to have been that loud, and it was a man's voice anyway.

"Why don't you come over here, Rangi?"

This time, the voice had direction. Even the dullest of ears was able to discern where it came from. He really didn't want to, at all. But, beside himself completely, he slowly turned to face the shrine behind him. Within a small gap in said shrine, one could see a small red... light. It almost looked like an eye, but it was completely different at the same time. He found himself staring directly into it, despite how much he wanted to turn away. Before long, he was moving... turning. He was slowly making his way towards the light.

...Wha...what am I doing? Why am I moving towards it? It's tapu! I can't!

There's no reason not to... you have a burning curiosity...

I have plenty reason not to! And Ahu told me not to anyway!

Why does Ahu's judgement matter so much to you?

Because... because...

Before long, he found his hand reaching right into the gap. It fingered its way around the entrance, slowly making its way inside. Without warning, however, his hand was quickly pulled inside with no warning, his shoulder touching stone. Now yelling with all his might, he felt the oddest sensation on his arm, as though it was being ripped apart and reconstructed. It didn't hurt, and at the same time, it was the most painful thing he had ever felt. Blackness began to overcome his senses, dulling out his eyes. He was short of breath. No matter how much he struggled, he could not free himself. His struggle slowed. He felt weak. He knew, at this point, that there was nothing he could do. Soon enough, blackness completely covered his eyes as he felt his conscience... fad..ing...

"RANGI!"

His quivering legs quickly gave out beneath him, dropping to his knees. He breathing had escalated to a high rate, and he was sweating nonstop. He quickly began to say a small karakia, before propping himself to his feet. With any luck, he didn't attract too much attention to himself. However, worse than that is that... he didn't know what just happened. Of course, he remembered who Ahu was... and he knew of himself. And yet, he had no memory of the event. What just-

*growwl*

Even thinking of this new memory gave him unpleasant feelings, despite not even knowing when it occured. At the moment, though, he'd rather push the thought out of his mind. He'd have plenty of time to mull over it throughout the school year, now making food his top priority. Slightly unsteady on his feet, he made way into the cafeteria.

THE UNEXPECTED REUNION OF THE UNSATISFIED BYSTANDER AND THE WALKING MARIJUANA

during and after classes 

During classes Henry was bored due to him already knowing what they're being taught about and because the class was quiet, so it made him sleep the whole period. Much to the teacher/s annoyance. After classes, Henry went out of the classroom and decided whether he'll go to the canteen or just take a walk outside. Since Henry isn't hungry, he simply chose to go outside, walk around the campus and get some fresh air.

outside the cafeteria

As he reached the place where a brown haired girl (Yumi) and a small boy with red hair (Sam), Henry saw the brown haired girl seemed to be having a painful time. Having his curiosity switch flipped on, he decided to keep on observing the girl a bit longer. As he was having fun watching the girl, the red haired boy who was trying to help her stopped his speech as soon as the not so tall boy saw a blonde girl (Yue). By the time Henry saw the blond haired girl, a flashback started playing in his mind. After the flashback he started looking at the three of them, "a brown haired girl who's having a hard time, a boy who became tense and even surprised at the things that he's doing because of blondie over there." grins a little, "and finally a midget with blonde hair coupled with a dress that has frills and not to mention long legs!? No, it just can't be!"Still looking for some sort of evidence, Henry looked at the entrance and saw a black limousine. Henry chuckles at his conclusion and whispers, "It's not even festival  day yet and things are already becoming interesting." Henry looks back at the 3 persons with a large smile on his face and his eyes wide open, he shouts at them, "The walking marijuana's back!!!!!" 

Mihoshi's Dorm Room

"You wouldn't be wrong in saying that I am a magician. My magic is the power to judge people, and that's all you need to know." Mihoshi answered Yumi's question in a a rather cryptic way, she didn't want to reveal too much of her ability. 

"Speaking of abilities," Mihoshi said"What's yours? From before I can sense that you can move quickly.. What's the secret? Speed enhancement? Time dilation?" Mihoshi asked rather curiously. Someone who can break her cross simply by moving fast is very interesting to her. 

[Tokiko]

Bzzzzzzzzz

Bzzzzzzzzz

Bzzzz-*crash*

"Ah, how annoying." Tokiko said. It was only 6 in the morning, but her alarm buzzed against her setting and set her up for a bad mood for the rest of the day. "Damn, that's the third this month... Hm... I guess a nuclear-powered clock might be a better idea for now." Tokiko jumped out of bed and retrieved the ruins of her old alarm which she threw at a wall. After cleaning out the mess and changing into her training outfit, Tokiko left her dorm room for a morning jog. 

After several hours of jogging and beating up a random tree for training, Tokiko settled in at the cafeteria for her breakfast. She took a seat nearest to the outside of the cafe so she was able to look at the events going on at Stavvgoll. But before she can take a bite of her sandwich, she saw a familiar face not too far away from her. "Sena-chan!" She called out. 

[Sena]

"Oh.. ok. See you later, then." Sena was taken aback after Cheria just suddenly left her like that. She didn't really have anything to do. The first class wasn't interesting to her, but she felt that the day was just too good to pass just lazing about in her dorm.

Without having any idea where she's walking, Sena unwittingly found herself in front of the cafeteria. Things didn't seem too interesting, just the usual stuff at Stavvgoll. She was about to leave the area before hearing a voice calling out her name. She looked over to the one calling here, and to her surprise, it was Tokiko. Unlike the other people at Stavvgoll who shunned her, Tokiko actually tried to befriend. She didn't feel annoyed at Sena's ability or constant sickness. Sena got a cup of tea and sat down with Tokiko.

The nuclear girl, the sickly girl, and brain control

"You're looking good today, Sena. Finally stopped being sick?" Tokiko started the conversation, her mouth half full from the sandwich. 

"Hm.. I don't think so. I just fainted yesterday, but I feel better today. Maybe it was just luck?" She replied.

"Araa.. Well, glad you're fine." Tokiko's reply was almost unintelligible from the munching.

"Please don't speak when your mouth is full..." Sena smiled at her friend and drank her tea.

For a while, the two chatted to each other, with no interesting topics. With her sandwich finished, Tokiko picked up her coffee cup for a sip, but before she could drink it, she felt her vision blur as well as experience a strong headache, causing her to drop the cup and splatter hot coffee all over the place. 

"H-hey, are you ok?" Sena walked over to Tokiko and helped her wipe off the coffee from the ground. 

"I'm fine. That was realllly weird though. My sight went monochrome for a moment and I had a painful headache." She replied, dusting off the bits of ceramic from her lap. "This might be crazy, but that brown-haired girl over there also complained about a headache earlier. Do you think this is... connected? Aliens, maybe? Or is it a kind of magic?" Tokiko's eyes begin to shine when she explained about her theory.

"Hee-hee. Tokiko's theories are always sooo crazy~" Sena giggled.

"S-stop that!" Tokiko blushed, hearing Sena's words.

"I don't think your theory is right, but somehow that blonde haired girl interests me so..." Sena said, referring to Yue. Tokiko was confused, because she seemed like a normal girl to her. But she understood that Sena can see what she can't, and thus, she also placed an eye on Yue. 

-- GM Post --

"Well, we meet again, Will," said Yoshirou, turning to face the Chaos mage. "Please. Refer to me as Himura-sama from here on. It's general respect." He pulled on his Student Council President armband to draw attention to it. "So what events have you volunteered to help?"

The Aegis frowned as he found at William had joined two of the five events he himself was to take part in. "Ah, I am in both of those events as well. Well, in fact, I am in three more. I decided that I would set an example for the rest of the school to take initiative, so I had joined five events in total." Isamu tapped Yoshirou on the shoulder and Yoshirou turned around again to find that he had arrived at the front of the line. "Well... I'll take a pork cutlet and egg katsudon. Oh, it seems the cafeteria had also updated with western food as well. I'll also take a small fries." Upon receiving his food, he told Will that he would be taking his leave and he headed out to the Stadium where the Talent Show was to be set up.

Speaking with the backstage crew, he signed himself up to participate in the Talent Show itself writing vaguely "A display of my ability". Isamu stayed behind to speak with the technical crew and Yoshirou headed on towards the House of Mirrors, which was right beside and as it turned out, they didn't actually have the money to buy the mirrors required.

"Well, now we have a problem," stated Yoshirou.

[Yumi / Mihoshi Dorm Room : Meanwhile, one day ago]

"Ahh, I guess I'll get to see it in action sometime," Yumi said, a little disappointed, and a little more curious.  Mihoshi was being more secretive than Yumi would like, but it would make the payoff that much greater.  Still, judgment? Yumi thought to herself.  I wonder if she can judge criminals by sight or something...

Mihoshi then asked about Yumi's own abilities, surprised at the fact that she was moving so quickly when they met.  "Hmm..." Yumi thought for a moment, wondering how to best explain her power.  Settling on a practical demonstration, Yumi took off the bag she was carrying and offered her hand to Mihoshi.

"Let's shake again.  Don't worry, nothing bad will happen," Yumi said, this time channeling her power through her now bare hand.  She had no idea how tiring the day was for Mihoshi, but Yumi figured being affected by Peak Performance would surprise her regardless.

[hr]

[Outside the Cafeteria : A turn for the bizarre]

As Yumi struggled to adjust to the headache, another student approached Yumi and Sam.  A short girl with blonde hair, who seemed to be walking on air or something, the way she skipped around.  Sam knows her? Yumi thought when Sam moved towards the younger girl, but the following events... confused Yumi.

The girl thought Sam was in love with her, but decided to focus on Yumi's pain instead.  Sam turned away from the girls suddenly and seemed content at staring at the floor.  Yumi... still had the headache.  Fortunately, Yumi had adjusted to the pain enough to actually be somewhat functional.

"Just a headache that came out of nowhere, thanks," Yumi replied, calming down a bit.  The blond-haired girl seemed nice enough, if a little off, but the series of events still was too bizarre for Yumi's tastes.  It was strange for Sam, too, as he had his back to the two and altogether seemed unnerved.  Is he sick? Yumi thought to herself.  She could not just leave him like that.  "I think he might be in more trouble than I am," she said, releasing one of the tethers from the Universal Adapter she wore under her uniform.  As she walked around in front of Sam, Yumi grabbed the tether sticking out the top of the uniform and pulled it, extending the length.  "Are you alright?" Yumi asked, still holding the side of her head with her free hand.  "Here, hold on to this and we can get you to the nurse," she continued, placing the tether in Sam's hand, hoping Peak Performance would help stave off whatever problem he's having until he could get looked at.

[Yue Itsuki]~ The Cyber Girl, The Instant Crushee, The Impulse Break and The Old Friend.

Seeing as the woman was able to adapt to the pain, Yue began to wonder. "Hrmm..It's true my power may cause minor headaches but... This is a first that it lasted longer than 3 seconds." Yue kept watch as the woman attached some sort of cord around the man. Satisfied with what happened, she decided to help them with their problem. "You know onee-chan" Yue plays with her hair, twirling it around. "I actually know what the cause is, I also-" Yue was stopped mid-sentence by a scream from a familiar voice, she looked around to see Henry heading towards them. "Ohhh, it's him. So he studies here too, I'm not in the mood to talk to him as of now." Yue slowly approached Sam and hugged him from behind. "Oniii-chan, that man over there is a big bully and he's gonna hurt  Yue!" Yue pointed Henry while pretending to look like she's going to be in trouble, seeing as something interesting may happen, she giggles. 

Outside cafeteria - This is becoming a big event...

The great and mighty pursuit of floor-tile observation was, alas, not to be continued. Sam was interrupted by Yumi walking in front of him and handing him a cord that was sticking out of her uniform. As he touched it, he felt two things: A rush of energy, and a sudden headache. "Ow!" His right hand, not being used to hold the cord, went to his head. "Yumi, what? Is this your ability? It's a bit...painful...

Then he realized: His urge to go to the blonde girl had faded, mostly. It was still there, but he could tune it out. He grinned. "Wow! I have no clue what your ability is, but it's certainly helpf-" He was interrupted by a man (Henry) yelling from out of nowhere about "walking marijuana". "Uh...AAH!" Sams understandable confusion turned to surprise as he was hugged from behind rather forcibly. He stumbled, but managed to keep ahold of Yumi's cord thing. As he did, he felt the urge to help and protect the blonde girl coming back. It was evidently her who was embracing him, and saying something about a bully being mean to her.

"Uh...ha...wha...?" He shook his head, fighting back these thoughts. His headache intensified as he did so, and he winced. "OK...serious...serious question: What the f*** is...is going on?" Sam found himself wishing he's decided to just wait in the damn line.

Skipping classes, joining clubs and activities and "What?"

Mizuki pedals her way to school nervously because of what happened yesterday. She was so excited yesterday to be able to go to school after all she has been home studying as long as she remembers, but that excitement vanished when she heard the news about the golems. Well she did thought about it very carefully and decided to still go telling herself that everything would be fine.

She started adding speed to her pedals, as she pedals she stared seeing a black figure up ahead. "Hmmmm...... What is that?" she thought to herself. That was when she almost crashed into that black figure which was a black limousine. Well to avoid that crash she activated her ability at made her bike float in the air, she sighed in relief knowing that nothing happened to that car because if it did she might have to pay for it and she doesn't have money for that. As she floats she pushed her bike away from the car before landing to the ground. She parks her bike near the gate and looks around to see students talking, walking and etc. She makes her way inside the school to send her dorm appilcation and skipped classes. She got her bike and looked for a proper parking before she went to the cafeteria. 

As she makes her way to the cafeteria she notices some announcement about some festival and clubs. She thought everything over and decided to join the cooking club and music and for the festival she decided on the play. After that she stuffed herself with food since she haven't eaten anything and proceeded to go around and take a tour of the school. While she tours the school she sees a group of people talking to each other two girls and one guy and another guy looking at them then suddenly shouting about some marijuana "What?""What is happening there?" she said to herself.

"Just what are you planning?"
-Henry

After the big shout out that Henry just did to the 3 people, he calmed down a bit but with all of the unexpected events that just happened, his excitement was still rushing very rapidly. Henry just stood to where he was while watching the girl (Yumi) give the boy (Sam) a cord. As soon as Sam took the cord with his right hand, Henry saw that the boy was also in pain. Realizing that the boy and the girl were in the same situation, he tried to walk at the direction where the 3 people are. By the time he was getting closer to the group, Henry saw his old friend forcefully hugged the red haired boy and started hearing that he was a "big bully". After hearing
those words, Henry's curiosity rushed at the top of his head, making him want to confuse the boy (Sam) a lot more. He looks at the blond haired girl and tells her this,

"after so long... is this how you greet an old friend, or maybe you're plotting something twisted again."
After his small speech, Henry finally reaches the red haired not so tall boy face to face with a question inside his mind,
"I wonder what'll happen next."

[b][i]I'm Late! I'm Late! I'm Late![/i][/b] Babylon never made it back to the dorms. Despite his healing himself much faster than moden medicine did, the doctor insisted that he stay the night, and boy did he stay the night. He woke up the next day with the day already started. He jumped from his bed, got dressed with impressive speed, and left the hospital with all his things before anyone could get a word out to him. He quickly summoned a green chinese mana dragon - this one he calls Neo - and mounted it swiftly as it took off. Within a half hour he spotted the location of Stravvgoll and dove down into the courtyard in front of the cafeteria just as lunch was being served. He just as swiftly dismounted the dragon and it melted back into mana and disappeared around him. Such an entrance would certainly draw a crowd, but they seemed to be occupied with someone else entirely. It was a good thing, because Babylon was starving. He entered the cafeteria without hesitating and entered the line for lunch. [b][i]Shiraga Steals the Show Again![/i][/b] Shiraga, being the heavy sleeper that he was, slept through his alarm clock and woke to the sun hitting the window at just the right angle that it shined right on his face. This was at a much earlier time than Babylon's waking, so Shiraga didn't really rush. He felt bad for missing the first class of the day, but he got to school in time to be tardy for the next class. He noticed earlier that his roommate was nowhere to be found yet again, leaving him still unintroduced. Before he left, however, he saw evidence that Taha was indeed there that night. He figured Taha was a working-long-hours kind of guy, late to bed, early to rise. At school, he was scolded by his math teacher for his tardiness, and the rest of the day until lunch went on pretty smoothly. He was one of the first students to lunch, so by the time the rest of the school rushed to the cafeteria, he was already eating. After he was finished, he went outside to check the activities to sign up for. He decided to put his name down for waiting at the cafe and stage crew for the talent show. On the other side of the courtyard, a little girl, albeit his age, started causing a ruckus by the time she entered the grounds from her limousine. What a mess she started making, and in a matter of minutes no less! He decided to tactfully infiltrate the situation and resolve wthout another full-on war breaking out. Once a year was plenty for him. He was an avid brawler, but he knew when to quit, and when not to egg it on. Walking stick in hand, he approached the group that the girl got herself caught up in, and very abruptly announced himself by speaking up quite loudly. [color=#9F00C5]"Woah! What is going on here! I hope you're not trying to start something, little lady!"[/color] He swooped his arm around her shoulder and yanked her away from the guy she was hiding behind. [color=#9F00C5]"You'll have to excuse this one, everybody! She can't help but instigate stuff!"[/color] He slyly kissed her on the head - which was easy considering her head was at his shoulders - and spoke directly to her. [color=#9F00C5]"Now uh, small fry, could ya be a doll and - hehe - cut it out so we can get on with our day, hm? Greeeat, thanks a million. Ok, show's over, people! Back to your lunches, your manga, your cosplay, whatever it is you were doing!"[/color] He waved them all off with his cane. A well-known esper in some parts of the city, he was rather intimidating in a popular guy kind of way, and he was a pro at crowd control. He knew those that heard him would either dimiss him as an idiot or do as he says under fear of an ass-whooping. As for the few people involved, they would settle this out in a quieter manner.

Friends, and shadow... An almost normal lunch. 

Gin's eyes widened, as two of his friends from the Golem party sat down at his table. "Mr.Arcane body! I was wondering when we'd meet again." The shadow mage smiled warmly, but there was a slight jolt of electricity that seemed to form between him, and Chronix. "It turns out that I had a cracked a rib, from when we were playing the other day. I must of been having too much fun to even notice!" Gin let out an amused grunt as he flashed back to the epic clash between him, and the Arcane mage. 

"We should fight sometime too, Fullmetal-kun. It would be fun to see how tough that arm of yours REALLY is... " Gin looked over at Dani to gauge his reaction, before glancing back at the cafeteria entrance . "Only if you ever feel it though." Watching as Rangi shakily made his way towards the lunch line, Gin ordered his shadow to fetch his roommate. "Oh, there he is."  As instructed, the Gin's shadow shot out from under the boy's table, trailing under four other's before connecting to Rangi's shadow. Once at it's distention, the shadow manifested itself as a hazy black Gin, who proceeded to tap the tan boy on his back, and point towards were the others were sitting. 

Looking back at his two friends, Gin's eye lit up in realization. "Oh yea, I'm sure you guys will be happy to know, that I'm running for Vp~"   

The Two Musketeers... And Chronix...

"Must you call me by such a alias? Arcane body, such gall."

"Whoa, cracked rib? From you two fighting? How hard were you two fighting?"

"Not hard, considering there were handicaps between us."

"Wow. I wonder how bad you two would get if you went no holds barred..."

Dani admired the fact that these two in front of him had a fight during the Golem invasion. He never saw Chronix's abilities before, but he was fairly familiar with Gin's.

"But really, Fullmetal? I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. Isn't that from a anime, manga, or whatever, that's popular here in Japan? ... Wait, they usually all are popular here. Oh, and if it helps to know, my arm is multilayered with Silicon, Carbon Nanotubes, and Titanium Diboride."

"You really shouldn't give away information about yourself like that. It can pose a serious risk."

"Oh yea, I'm sure you guys will be happy to know, that I'm running for VP."

Chronix and Dani stopped what they were doing. Chronix as half-way biting into his loaf of bread, reading his book, until the news came up, and sighed, continuing his course; Dani just stopped eating for a second, and focused his attention to Gin.

"Wow, that's pretty cool. Arcane body he-"

"Chronix!"

"-Chronix, here's is also running for VP."

"And so are you, unfortunately."

Dani stopped. "Huh?"

"You're running for VP too. You filled it out. Don't you remember?"

"... I-I did? Oh well f*ck me..."

Dani didn't really want to sign up for the VP position, but since he apparently did, then he'd guess he'll have to grit through it. Hell, maybe some good can come out of it.

"So, uh, yeah. Guess we're all running for VP. May the best man win. Oh, and Gin, what festival events did you sign up for? We both signed up for: The Cafe, Haunted House, Talent Show, House of Mirrors, and uh, what was that last one... oh yeah, Theatrical Play."

[Outside the Cafeteria : 4 people?  5?  I've lost count]

When Sam began complaining about a headache as well, Yumi thought about cutting him off from Peak Performance.  What surprised her was what he said afterwards; that despite the headaches. her power seemed to be helping somehow.

If only things were that simple.

A black haired young man who called himself the 'walking marijuana' proclaimed his presence to the others in the area... which had started to grow larger.  Yumi raised an eyebrow at him in confusion, at which point the young girl with Yumi and Sam leaped onto the latter's back.  The girl said that the marijuana man was a bully of some sort.  Yumi had no idea whether or not the marijuana man was threatening the girl, but Yumi resolved to help keep things peaceful.

While she kept herself on guard, the marijuana man introduced himself as a friend of the girl, and accused her of mischief.  Another supposedly unrelated student came by, and *also* said that the young girl was a mischievous one...  before promptly taking his leave.

Huh?  You don't do something like that and just leave us hanging like that..., Yumi thought to herself, wondering about the mysterious student.  Turning back to the other three in the middle of everything,  Yumi sighed, still trying to focus despite the headache.

"I'm sorry if this is a little rude," Yumi said in the most pleasant voice she could muster under her circumstances.  "But who are you and what's going on here?  I still need to get Sam here to the nurse, after all."

I should probably have them take a look at me, as well...

Archived