[OCG] September 2013 Banlist.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's been a lot stating that Rooster is probably not going to hit and something about Heavy getting a hit in the TCG. (No confirmation, but apparently incredibly likely.) Just want to make people aware of it, not 100% confirmed in any way. The TCG list will almost definitely be different from the OCG list this year however.

Also 40 minutes woo

Ok if Heavy gets hit, I'm playing OCG for the entire format.

Rooster I can forgive not being hit, but lord, a hit on Heavy? That far to bit for him to consider doing isn't. Seperately from the OCG at least. Gods.

It's not really a far drop when you consider what people were complaining about in the format regarding Heavy forcefully removing decks that could deal with Rulers specifically from the format. All they had to do was Heavy and you technically had no way to stop their bombardment, when literally backrow was your only choice.

Yeah, sure, you can chain in response, but the activation of Heavy is so easy to use at the start of the turn, it isn't even funny.

At the same time, though, Gorz at 2, and how everyone's been upset over it, renders Heavy to be a slight concern if it leaves them with an open board, and a dead draw if they pass with an open board as well.

So there's bumps in being 100% perfectly justified in the ban, but I think it's a complaint Tewart could address, although at this point it'll be a bit late since Rulers won't be as fast and game-ending as they were in this last format.

It's not really a far drop when you consider what people were complaining about in the format regarding Heavy forcefully removing decks that could deal with Rulers specifically from the format. All they had to do was Heavy and you technically had no way to stop their bombardment, when literally backrow was your only choice.

Yeah, sure, you can chain in response, but the activation of Heavy is so easy to use at the start of the turn, it isn't even funny.

At the same time, though, Gorz at 2, and how everyone's been upset over it, renders Heavy to be a slight concern if it leaves them with an open board, and a dead draw if they pass with an open board as well.

So there's bumps in being 100% perfectly justified in the ban, but I think it's a complaint Tewart could address, although at this point it'll be a bit late since Rulers won't be as fast and game-ending as they were in this last format.

Yes, but the point is now those are decks are gone for the most part, banning heavy just means decks will start running set 5 pass because there is no reason not to, and it will likely work better than a lot of other decks especially with things like Mirror Force back at three.

It turns the game from being to aggresive to being to slow, and makes it overall more skillless. If people were moaning about Dragon Rulers beating you because Heavy destroyed your back: Blame the fucking degenerate deck, and address that, not the card that has been established over the course of time as a card better in the game at one than not.

Yes, but the point is now those are decks are gone for the most part, banning heavy just means decks will start running set 5 pass because there is no reason not to, and it will likely work better than a lot of other decks especially with things like Mirror Force back at three.

It turns the game from being to aggresive to being to slow, and makes it overall more skillless. If people were moaning about Dragon Rulers beating you because Heavy destroyed your back: Blame the fucking degenerate deck, and address that, not the card that has been established over the course of time as a card better in the game at one than not.

I think you'll find that allowing Heavy to prevent what could possibly be a reasonable matchup against what people considered a "degenerate" deck is why I constantly assert that hurting backrow outright is easily as bad as greatly helping it.

You're giving a practically Pojo-esque response to the loss of Heavy, which isn't really helping your case, either. Setting 5 backrow still won't be good Yugimons, and there's still reasonable amounts of removal in the format that it won't outright break everything.

See, now, yes, I think Heavy's not the greatest choice for a ban, but if for some reason Rulers aren't hit as bad on our list, I'll be stunned if there is absolutely no change with it.

Archived