[OCG] September 2013 Banlist.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Original plan for TCG was rumored to be 3 a year starting next year, right? I think the smart way to go would be to confirm that announcement and roll with it instead of keeping lists at 2.

I think 4's a bit much myself, even with good maintenance, because three months really is a pretty short window for things to completely change, and it means the list changes become much more minor. That might be considered a good thing, but based on how Konami keeps having design issues every step of the way, it's not enough time to have sufficient research, in my honest opinion.

Sticking to two lists would be stupid, though. At least keep some kind of pace with the OCG.

I personally dont see the need in having 4 banlists a year. 3 months isn't much time to even play around with new decks, and I doubt stupid things will be hit during these time.

I know they're trying to make the game more diverse, but this is just getting silly. Plus having 5 cards banned in 1 format should put shame on Konami

3 months is a surprisingly long amount of time to play around with new decks. And with a new booster every format, they'll undoubtedly hit stupid things from past packs.

Also, no one will want to buy something for too high since there's a banlist every 3 months, so there'd be a cheaper metagame overall. You'd like that, right?

They should do this, and Tewart should be f*cking fired.

Well, he doesn't sound too bad.

What could he have done to stuck a cord with you?

He's not exactly had a history of doing good things to make the TCG a good game. The last good thing I think he even did was persuade Konami's OCG department to make Noble Knights a TCG exclusive archetype.

I thought Tewart's biggest issue was the fact he seemed to make official statements and rulings that utterly contradict the OCG and/or how the card(s) were always ruled, and risked breaking the Xyz mechanic from Day 1. Anyone remember the "Xyz Material are on the Field" uproar because Tour Guide (a TCG exclusive at the time) -> Sangan -> Number 17 -> detach Sangan = 2500 ATK monster and search? Thankfully, the R+D department put an end to that.

And then there was the Mirror Gate thing. Tewart apparently misunderstood the Problem-Solving Card text reprint of Mirror Gate and ruled that if one of the battling monsters is destroyed before the End Phase, the other monster won't switch back. Which had absolutely no basis on anything other than the word "both". The OCG still switched it back. The TCG had switched it back up to that point. Tewart read the text and changed it.

I'm not even sure if the Mirror Gate ruling is still considered TCG official, though. It was a card no one ever used, anyway. And PSCT has gotten much better.

I don't get why they make the rulings and stuff different between the two. Aside from Tewart being an ass who wants to try and break the game one card at a time.

I mean, I ask again, how does that affect something like Worlds where the two different formats come together?

I think in World's, the OCG rules take priority. But if that's the case, that seems kind of confusing, because if cards are ruled entirely differently in your own region, are you really qualified to be a representative at Worlds? You presumably won tournament(s) that weren't using the correct rules...

To be fair, there really aren't that many cards ruled entirely differently in the TCG and OCG. There are some, but those can usually be attributed to poor wording in the card text, which PSCT is intended to help fix.

And what's bad about that too?

Come on, everyone is entitled to their opinion, like you guys, but come on. It seems like biased things are going on.

Pojo is, almost indisputably, the worst yugioh forum. From what I've gathered, when Pojo says a card is bad, it's actually good, and vise versa.

And what's bad about that too?

Come on, everyone is entitled to their opinion, like you guys, but come on. It seems like biased things are going on.

Pojo users from my experience of them, are self entitled idiots with horrifying views on what's healthy for the game. And are terrible at making decks. And terrible at making objective arguments. Well the YGO ones. If that sounds harsh, it's because well.. that's the impression they've left.

It's pretty much second to DNF nowadays. DNF is actually awful from what I've seen :mad:

DNF is improving slowly. It's just because there so many people there the bad just happens to stick out more. And we only share the crap stuff. And there are some complete idiots with the worst ideas of banlist logic in history.

There's some hope there.

Archived