[OCG] September 2013 Banlist.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, yeah, but that just makes it a defined Tragoedia. If there's anything that makes me think, "Well, shit, now what do I do," it's having two monsters come onto the board at once.

The only think in rank 4 Gadgets that I play that can get over Gorz normally is Ouroboros. And I mean, that's fine if I can bounce it and it's no big deal. The more prevalent issue to me seems to be the token, meaning that having two available means two monsters for one play.

I'm just waiting for the Synchro builds to start popping up. The Beast variant I've been seeing with the Tanukits is pretty good.

run masquerade. seriously, RUN MASQUERADE. also, uhhhhh you do know ouroboros has 50 more attack so bounce the token and hit gorz?

run masquerade. seriously, RUN MASQUERADE. also, uhhhhh you do know ouroboros has 50 more attack so bounce the token and hit gorz?

I do know that. I was making a point that only having to hit Gorz back to hand to smack harder and not having to deal with a token would be slightly more efficient than the way it is now.

And yeah, I'm already testing it.

Oh guys look another list...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eatNayI8Nqs&feature=player_detailpage

Banned:
Monster Reborn

Limited:
Spellbook of Judgment
Spellbook of Secrets
Spellbook Magician of Prophecy
Super Rejuvenation
Magician of Faith
Evilswarm Ophion
Number 11: Big Eye

Semi-Limited:
All Dragon Rulers (except babies)
Gladiator Beast Bestiari
Fire Formation - Tenki
Atlantean Dragoons
Lonefire Blossom

Unlimited:
Advance Ritual Art
Tsukuyomi
E - Emergency Call
The Agent of Mystery - Earth
Reasoning

IDK if this is old news though I haven't seen this posted here yet since the last few pages...

[quote name="kingdom Neos" post="6257330" timestamp="1376579464"]Oh guys look another list...   [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eatNayI8Nqs&feature=player_detailpage]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eatNayI8Nqs&feature=player_detailpage[/url]   Banned: Monster Reborn Limited: Spellbook of Judgment Spellbook of Secrets Spellbook Magician of Prophecy Super Rejuvenation Magician of Faith Evilswarm Ophion Number 11: Big Eye Semi-Limited: All Dragon Rulers (except babies) Gladiator Beast Bestiari Fire Formation - Tenki Atlantean Dragoons Lonefire Blossom Unlimited: Advance Ritual Art Tsukuyomi E - Emergency Call The Agent of Mystery - Earth Reasoning   IDK if this is old news though I haven't seen this posted here yet since the last few pages...[/quote] Nah the list we got now is the real one

Oh guys look another list...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eatNayI8Nqs&feature=player_detailpage

Banned:
Monster Reborn

Limited:
Spellbook of Judgment
Spellbook of Secrets
Spellbook Magician of Prophecy
Super Rejuvenation
Magician of Faith
Evilswarm Ophion
Number 11: Big Eye

Semi-Limited:
All Dragon Rulers (except babies)
Gladiator Beast Bestiari
Fire Formation - Tenki
Atlantean Dragoons
Lonefire Blossom

Unlimited:
Advance Ritual Art
Tsukuyomi
E - Emergency Call
The Agent of Mystery - Earth
Reasoning

IDK if this is old news though I haven't seen this posted here yet since the last few pages...

Monster Reborn being banned? Nope.

And Spellbooks only being slightly hit? I hope not.

Apparently, the Japanese are tweeting that the list is real and Sorc and Tenki are @2, and Reasoning @3. (according to a dgz guy) An Org member is saying that 2ch is agreeing with Reasoning, but no word on Sorc and Tenki.

EDIT: http://ygorganization.com/sept2013list/

AUG 15 2013, 22:30 PM EDT:
Reasoning is Unlimited, says the big source!

I'll give my take on what I want to happen and what actually might happen

Forbidden

Card Destruction: Although I do have a slight attachment to this card as I am a Dark World player(yes ladies start crying ;p) I do agree it is unhealthy for the game as the only decks that use it abuse it.

Pot of Avarice:This card is just annoying too see, it almost rewards bad play (make a whole field, get destroyed, its cool lemme just do it agen) its basically pot of greed and a plus 5 in the deck....my morphing jar otk doesnt like that...

Spellbook Of Judgment: While this card and Super Rejuv share the same purpose in the deck they're played in( go +6 at end phase) this card was broken the second it came out while super rejuv took e dragons to actually see some play outside of exodia/ftk decks. However I'm not certain if konami will ban this outright they might limit along with secrets or something but I feel all you need to do is ban this card. They can have 6 secrets or little blue boys but without this card they have no real way to maintain advantage.

Limited

Super rejuv: Go plus 8 at end phase, I think not..When I was playing my bujin control deck on dn winning agianst dragon rulers came down to if they had this card or not.. also it only sees play in dragons and exodia, 2 degenerative decks imo

Number 11:Big Eye: I dont want to look at you no longer (no pun intended..well maybe) This cards effect bares resembalance with a number of banned cards (Change of heart/snatch steal/brain control/goyo guardian)it was only a matter of time before a deck could abuse it. Big eye go home!

Atlantean Dragoons: Mermails are still an amazing deck, people seem to have forgotten that because of the black cloud that was once over us being prophecy and dragons. So if those 2 decks get nerfed, the fish cannot come back at full power it would be tyranny all over again. The Sea Horsemen to 1! (you should not be able to search moulenglacia...)

Chaos Emperor Dragon-Envoy Of the End-His brother (BLS) and neffew (Chaos Sorcerer) are legal so why shouldn't this guy be. I mean realistically how many meta decks this format used BLS, lights and darks not even good anymore (It's all about the earths). And nowadays this guy can get veilered so unless your opponent is playing Upstart Goblin you are already an 8th of a way to ur doom

(Guys please have a sense of Humor...)

Semi-Limited

Gladiator Beast Bestiari-I do not want to pay half my life points anymore to bring out Prisma to pretend to be "Bestiari" yes Gyzarus is a good card but its not as good as it once was and Glads need the support. So Bestiari be free my brother be free!

Gale/Black Whirlwind-Blackwings are NOT i repeat ARE NOT no where near as good as they used to be, please give them some support, either 1 of these cards to 2 or both.

T.g Striker: Honestly this card can be at 3 ...so why isnt it.....

Mezuki/Plaguespreader:Zombies oh how I love me some of the undead! Especially with the new bloodsuckers on the way it would be wise Konami Logic(which is make as much money as possible) to bring one of these cards to 2..most likely Mezuki doe.

Transmigration Prophecy: This card is kinda like folk lore or like a neighborhood ghost tale that everywhere you go you here a different version of it. Does anyone really know why this card is at 1. Some'll say you can put power cards back in ur deck, ok.. Some'll say it'll mess up a reborn target (D.D crow does that better)This one really has me stumped it can go to 5 for all I care.

Unlimited

Pot of Duality: "Chain Maxx C"..... "Do you even duality Bro" This Card has all the right things about it, it's slow (You cant special summon the turn you activate it) it's fair (Your opponent sees what you add) and it gives lower tier decks the consistency they need so why even be at 2.

Agent of mystery-Earth: ..Earth has 1 good effect..to search 1 good card..who also has 1 good effect (Dem Shine Balls can be used with herald what do them KABAZULS do in ur hand BRO !?)so I Dont even....

Tsukuyomi: Tsukuyomi was banned (did nothing) Was at 1 (did nothing) was at 2 (well it did..NOTHING) so you can very well be at 3 girlfirend :)

But Chris what about the Dragons ?!?!?!

Well the thing about the dragons is its very difficult to say what to hit. However there was this one video about a leaked "Banlist" that had a special rule regarding the dragons. Which was you can only run 6 copies of the Dragon Rulers per deck. I thought this was an ingenious solution. Because not only does it make the dragons be used for the intended design (Earths in earth deck Fires in a fire deck Waters in a cloudian deck) it also solves all of the Limit the babies, limit dracosack, limit all the big dragons, ban rejuv,ban gold sarc ban big eye, ban Patrick Hoban (ok I am getting carried away) but you get the point. It allows Dracossack to be the boss monster for the archetype it was designed for (What!? other decks can make Dracossack) and not having to hit a million different cards. It also completely prevents anyone from abusing the dragon engine again.

Final Thoughts

Well theres 3 other cards I wanted to talk about that some people were mentioning on their predictions

Evilswarm Ophion: I played evilswarms when they first came out on Dn it's how I got most of the little rating that I have. The deck is certainly solid but it is only as it good as its match up. Even a deck like dragons that it is supposed to hard counter, still has a lot of outs (How many Wcq Evilswarm tops? yeah thats what I thought) Bujins,Constellars and Fire fists absolutely drop a habikiri on that ass!, So unless evilswarms prove that they are amazing next format I doubt Ophion and his Possee will have to worry about Konami cleaning up the infestation

Fire Formation Tenki: Will get hit...But not this Banlist. With Konami Just releasing The new Archetype The Yamatos (Yes the Yamatos because the deck is either Yamato or Rage quit) The import of Rooster (no its not a girl) and yaksha(Dem Fire kings) which are 3 decks that are completely reliant on Tenki.. I highly doubt it would be very wise Konami logic (Which is make as much $money$ as possible) to discourage you from wanting to pick up them $80 roosters in any way.

Thunder King Rai-Oh: The KING of Anti-Meta...Well not so much this format.(Madolches topped!?!..DaFuuu) A lot of people said that this card should come to 3 well ehh.. I understand but I mean think about it, what other straight up level 4 summonable monster comes with a built negation of an inherent summon, the ability to stop searching while whopping a big 1900 attack and requires no specific requirements to an archetype to be played. It is just an all around too good card...its fine at 2

So that concludes my banlist I hope you guys enjoyed lemme know what you think :)

This list is great and is going to be a lot of fun. I wonder how many of the changes that were outlined after the ban-list though (for tournaments) are going to carry over to the TCG.

Otherwise, I am excited to be getting back into yugioh.

Apparently, the Japanese are tweeting that the list is real and Sorc and Tenki are @2, and Reasoning @3. (according to a dgz guy) An Org member is saying that 2ch is agreeing with Reasoning, but no word on Sorc and Tenki.

EDIT: http://ygorganization.com/sept2013list/

AUG 15 2013, 22:30 PM EDT:
Reasoning is Unlimited, says the big source!

Tenki's at 2 and so is Chaos Sorcerer. So yay.

WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH

You can join this by following the Limit Regulation that’s going to be revealed on the third flip!2013 November, 2014 February, 2014 April, 2014 July are the dates for the upcoming Limit Regulation changes!
It’ll be four times a year, with the next one coming up in November!

If I'm reading this right:
1) FOUR ban lists per year
2) this one will only be in effect for two months.
Unless I'm misinterpreting "Limit Regulation".

Archived