[OCG] September 2013 Banlist.

Also, what is DNF?

=

And still no proof for the Kevin guy.

Dueling Network Forum. Essentially it's just a place of many many idiots. Where the bar of what is considered good is so low that I can pass for a good player. And I barely understand the rules of the game.

Oh yeah, it's also got a Troll who thinks that LTGY was the most glorious set that Konami has ever made, and is looking forward to the profitable powercreep in years to come, who is at the same time sexist, can't argue, and thinks any card that couldn't keep up with the top two decks of the banlist last format could be unbanned. (However the vast majority want him gone)

Then there's one who cannot argue objectively, (Who joined from Pojo) and argued that the following of cards should come back: Restrict
Yata, Sinister, Metamorphosis, Restrict,  Dustshoot, Goyo,  Victory, DMOC,  PoG, Trish, Coldwave, Trunade, Exchange of the fucking Spirit.

As well as refusing to believe that E-Drags are badly designed, dismissing any deck not involving Dragons as a competitive entitiy, and ignore all forms of conventional logic.

That's how bad the forum can get. (But the smart people do accept they are idiots and should be gone, which is a decent proportion of the forum) Oh and there's guy who copied my account there to try and use it to convince others I was going to kill myself.

It's just below or above Pojo.

And if the majority of the members are a certain way, you can infer that Tewart is a similar way. Given he essentially created an entire second format where Wind-Ups were a thing by giving them shark.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dueling Network Forum. Essentially it's just a place of many many idiots. Where the bar of what is considered good is so low that I can pass for a good player. And I barely understand the rules of the game.

Oh yeah, it's also got a Troll who thinks that LTGY was the most glorious set that Konami has ever made, and is looking forward to the profitable powercreep in years to come, who is at the same time sexist, can't argue, and thinks any card that couldn't keep up with the top two decks of the banlist last format could be unbanned. (However the vast majority want him gone)

Then there's one who cannot argue objectively, (Who joined from Pojo) and argued that the following of cards should come back: Restrict
Yata, Sinister, Metamorphosis, Restrict,  Dustshoot, Goyo,  Victory, DMOC,  PoG, Trish, Coldwave, Trunade, Exchange of the fucking Spirit.

As well as refusing to believe that E-Drags are badly designed, dismissing any deck not involving Dragons as a competitive entitiy, and ignore all forms of conventional logic.

That's how bad the forum can get. (But the smart people do accept they are idiots and should be gone, which is a decent proportion of the forum) Oh and there's guy who copied my account there to try and use it to convince others I was going to kill myself.

It's just below or above Pojo.

And if the majority of the members are a certain way, you can infer that Tewart is a similar way. Given he essentially created an entire second format where Wind-Ups were a thing by giving them shark.

which is why Zazu fits in perfectly over there. 

And still no proof for the Kevin guy.

He was the one who put Tour Guide from the Underworld into the game, which singlehandedly made the TCG format completely different from the OCG in the worst possible way. And as if that wasn't enough, he then made up a ruling about how Xyz work- emphasis on MADE UP- that gave cards like Tour Guide and Tengu infinitely more power than he had ALREADY given them, which, fun fact, boosted the price of a single Tour Guide to about $350.

And let's not forget who he is to make up these rulings. He's the HEAD of the TCG. Every and ALL rulings go through him. He is the head judge. If he makes up a ruling, it has to be taken as fact because there's no one to counter his points until the OCG and R&D talk him out of it. (and they aren't doing well with the whole putting him on any sort of leash thing) So we get the sort of shit that evilfusion has talked about, etc. Also, he's on Pojo, and the stupidity on that site is abhorrent.

And then there's the whole arguing for Chicken to not get limited. Yeah, that was pretty stupid.

Ah, DNF, where new people come to stay and old players never touch. The wasteland of YGO players.

(Oddly like YCM itself.)

...we have old people here and most of our new people come from other forums. Not to mention that the old people tend to spend time elsewhere (dgz, etc.) and come here to try to inject non-stupidity into the site, and when they do, the members actually listen to them and understand what they're saying. We get a few idiots, but the majority of the members here either know the extent of their knowledge in comparison to others or don't, but are still willing to listen and learn.

It's actually a very good base, even if the game-IQ isn't as good as places like dgz. Though most of the members here are more tolerable and take more time to help newer members than the people I've seen on dgz... does byak still come here? Cause he's a good example of someone that knows what he's doing and while not doing much to make sure he can help newer members, is an excellent bridge between the more knowledgable player-base that tries to help newer members and the well-knowledged playerbase that doesnt'... really... Also, Koko and peeps.

But yeah, good base and all. YCM could be a great place for a larger community if that base doesn't get drowned out by new members. The main thing standing in that way is really the main attraction of YCM... cardmakergetfixeddamnit

We have old people here and most of our new people come from other forums. Not to mention that the old people tend to spend time elsewhere (dgz, etc.) and come here to try to inject non-stupidity into the site, and when they do, the members actually listen to them and understand what they're saying. We get a few idiots, but the majority of the members here either know the extent of their knowledge in comparison to others or don't, but are still willing to listen and learn.

It's actually a very good base, even if the game-IQ isn't as good as places like dgz. Though most of the members here are more tolerable and take more time to help newer members than the people I've seen on dgz... does byak still come here? Cause he's a good example of someone that knows what he's doing and while not doing much to make sure he can help newer members, is an excellent bridge between the more knowledgable player-base that tries to help newer members and the well-knowledged playerbase that doesnt'... really... Also, Koko and peeps.

But yeah, good base and all. YCM could be a great place for a larger community if that base doesn't get drowned out by new members. The main thing standing in that way is really the main attraction of YCM... cardmakergetfixeddamnit

Most online forums are filled with idiots though. So you really can't fault Pojo. I don't frequent the site much but I'm sure based on its popularity it has a somewhat decent player base. Also..game IQ (in the sense of what's good for the game and what's not) is rather subjective as a lot of people have their own idea of what makes a good game. For example, let's look at what makes for a good format. I personally  LOVED the Saber format BECAUSE of the "set 5 pass" play style, but a lot of people will argue that it was one of the worst formats in the history of the game due to the lack of risk involved with over extending your back row. At the same time people will argue that Goat Control was a great format, which to me it really wasn't due to all the decks being basically the same and it honestly came down to who opened/drew better IMO. The point is everyone (unless you're a compete idiot) has an idea of what the game should be and everyone is slight baised towards their play style, so game IQ is a bit subjective. 

On the Pojo topic, even if they have some outstanding degenerates there, there are quite a good amount of good and unidiotical people there. The archetype guides and discussion there are quite legit. Also, there's several brilliant deckbuilders there. The idiots there sadly, are the most vocal.

But any of this don't apply for the banlist subforum, especially during banlist season. It just really bad there. Any intelligence there are drowned and overshadowed by the amount of trolls and brain dead retards. It's a nice place to lose your faith to humanity's ability to be logical, and you should go there if you want to euthanize your brain. Still quite entertaining though.

On the subject of Kevin Tewart, hopnestly I have no qualms or anything about him. He just make some very questionable decisions regarding the metagame and the sets(especially about the world premieres and the crap secrets). Him visiting Pojo have nothing to do with him being incompetent(and lately he just distanced himself from pojo, it has been months tbh).

Can we return to discussing the list? To be honest, all this out topicness might start something undesirable.

He was the one who put Tour Guide from the Underworld into the game, which singlehandedly made the TCG format completely different from the OCG in the worst possible way. And as if that wasn't enough, he then made up a ruling about how Xyz work- emphasis on MADE UP- that gave cards like Tour Guide and Tengu infinitely more power than he had ALREADY given them, which, fun fact, boosted the price of a single Tour Guide to about $350.

And let's not forget who he is to make up these rulings. He's the HEAD of the TCG. Every and ALL rulings go through him. He is the head judge. If he makes up a ruling, it has to be taken as fact because there's no one to counter his points until the OCG and R&D talk him out of it. (and they aren't doing well with the whole putting him on any sort of leash thing) So we get the sort of shit that evilfusion has talked about, etc. Also, he's on Pojo, and the stupidity on that site is abhorrent.

And then there's the whole arguing for Chicken to not get limited. Yeah, that was pretty stupid.

You act like change is a bad thing to a 16 year old card game (Trademarked in 1996).

And who the FÜCK buys cards anymore? Really? I play online now. What is the goddamn point of wasting so much money one 1 piece of cardboard?

Well, can't someone else say something else? Is he elected? And yes, browsing Pojo, it seems really sh!tty.

What's with Chicken? I've never understood the whole Fire Fists archetype. Seems complicated.

Chaos Sorcerer going to 2 makes no sense when BLS is still at 1. 

Oh dear god I hope you're joking.

BLS at 1 is fine. At 2 it would be really OP.

You act like change is a bad thing to a 16 year old card game (Trademarked in 1996).

And who the FÜCK buys cards anymore? Really? I play online now. What is the goddamn point of wasting so much money one 1 piece of cardboard?

Well, can't someone else say something else? Is he elected? And yes, browsing Pojo, it seems really sh!tty.

What's with Chicken? I've never understood the whole Fire Fists archetype. Seems complicated.

I'm just going to say I have never seen someone defend Tewart like this, and badly I should say.

Change can be a good thing, but it can also be done very badly. Saying that the infamous Tour Guide ruling was a good change is like saying Cyber Stein was a good change when it existed. Newsflash, it wasn't.

Plenty of people buy cards. Playing IRL is generally a lot more fun, and skillful too really, then playing online. It's near impossible to make the same reads online that you can IRL, and it promotes a different level of skill and is generally more fun to play face to face.

They can say something, but if he doesn't agree, they lose.

It's horribly designed and pretty much breaks the deck. Without Chicken they would still be good, but Chicken puts them on another level. One card shouldn't do that.

Offtopic: Is it really that important to bypass the censor?

Apparently it is. :'D

Guys, can we stop bashing/defending Kevin and talk about what'll happen tomorrow? Keeping Rooster limited in TCG imo, won't affect product sale much, since JOTL is filled with chase cards. Remember that secondary market doesn't profit Konami at all.

Don't you mean what'll happen on Tuesday?

I dont really know what will happen. Things have been all over the place with this new ban list system and all.

Archived