[OCG] September 2013 Banlist.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im still waiting on a remake of Mind Master actually, that's actually only once per turn.

Lets get extreme:

Flaring Brain
FIRE / Level 4
[Psychic/Effect]
You can pay 1000 Life Points and return 1 other Psychic-Type monster you control to the bottom of your deck: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Psychic-Type Tuner from your Deck. The effect of "Flaring Brain" can only be activated once per turn. This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material monster.
ATK 1600 / DEF 300

Gishkill is a very good deck that needs to be dealt with, just not right now. I'm being serious.

Not to mention a treasure trove of horrible design and an extreme intent to promote nothing but solitaire.

Toot has the right idea hitting Gishki, just the wrong format for it.

The ideal banlist update:

Forbidden:

- Super rejuvenation: game breaking card

- spellbook of judgement: game breaking card

- leviair the sea dragon: The graveyard has long been a joke so far as the death of monsters is concerned and the banishment zone has arisen as a place where a monster is truly dead..... but leviar makes a joke of that now (so do e-drags which is why those need a big hit too). What are we going to need next to truly kill a monster if even banishment doesn't work? is a super-banishment zone going to have to be created? This card is the only reason why rescue rabbit is OP. Banish is banish, end of. If konami insists on playing with the banishment zone they could create a xyz monster that requires 3 level 6 monsters or something with the same eff. Then it would be balanced by difficulty to summon.

- necroface: Game breaking card. If you disagree with this it's only because you have never encountered a deck abusing it along with e-drags and banishment cards. I would like to see you disagreeing with this after you've faced a 74,000 ATK dragon of Ra.

- Eradicator epidemic virus: a card that can kill the opponents entire hand for 3 turns? The cost is nothing in a dark world deck

- Deck destruction virus: same as above.

- Royal tribute: almost the same as above. gravekeepers have descendant, they don't need this to be a good archetype.

- T.G hyper librarian and formula sychron: pot of greed syncro monsters.

- Gateway of the six: I am pretty sure konami made a typo and typed 2 instead of 1 when they made this card. It would have been a nice and balanced addition to the deck. as it is now, it is broken. This should be banned and konami should just make a new card with the same eff but without the typo. A correction a-la tribe infecting virus/tribe-shocking virus and rescue cat/rescue rabbit

- exodia the forbidden one: Yeah, I know, it's a classic, however there are just too many draw cards in the game now and it's a waste of time for the opponent to just sit and do nothing while you just play solitaire. If you really like solitaire so much just open up solitaire in windows and play that, don't waste people's time doing it.

Limited:

- Machina fortress: A boss monster way easier to summon than BLS and way more powerful. only banish effs can really kill this guy.

- Grapha: The exact same as above.

-assault mode stardust dragon: While harder to summon than the above, this monster is a instant gg. This needs to be banned if it becomes any easier to summon than it currently is now.

- sangan: banning this gives non-archetype specific decks very few options with regards to searching. Hence discouraging intelligent deck designs. needs to be limited again.

- Tour guide from the undead: making this limited will balance out unbanning sangan

- All 4 main e-drags: The reasons why could make up an entire master thesis.

- Big eye: it's a snatch steal with 2600 ATK. nerfing the e-drags will make this difficult to summon however so it doesn't need a complete ban.

- lavalval chain: Why is foolish burial limited when this is not?

- Goyo guardian: killing the pot of greed syncros (see above) will make this harder to summon. In any case it's a syncro version of big eye... which is unlimited at the moment.

- Ophion: Now, I have personally never had any trouble with ophion because none of my 3 main decks run any monsters above level 4 except BLS and chaos soc, but i can see how it would unfairly brick anything that isn't a trap card deck or a xyz deck.

- draccosack: draccosack is the boss monster of mecha decks. The problem with this card is actually the summoning requirements which should have been restricted to mecha monsters making him too easy to summon in non mecha decks like harpies and e-drags. Limiting this will help but it would be best if konami just redesigned the card with modified summoning requirements. mecha is a perfectly fine archetype.

Semi limited:

- reinforcement of the army: to encourage creative deck designs and to compensate for the removal of gateway of the six.

- The baby e-drags: just to be on the safe side

- judgement dragon: a boss monster that wins the game at the cost of 1000 lifepoints. Basically a hard to summon version of chaos emperor dragon. This should be semi limited though because due to the way lightsworns work, there is a very high chance of 1 being milled.

- neo space grand mole. Better than penguin soldier in some ways, worse in other ways. This can be semi-limited

- penguin soldier: 99.99% of yu gi oh players don't know how to use this card, but that doesn't mean he isn't one of the best monsters in the game. Had him in my deck since the very beginning in 2005, together with monster reborn and MST and I will always have him in.

- constellar pleidas: can be a gg for many decks due to it's penguin soldier eff.

Unlimited:

-tsukuyomi: Seriously, this card is just a shittier maestroke. I have yet to duel with someone online who uses it.

-magical stone excavation: -2 to get heavy storm and dark hole. lol. not worth it.

- summoner monk: This is a shitty version of goblinderbergh. unless many powerful xyz monsters that can only be summoned with spellcasters are created this will be weak. only warriors and dinosaurs have powerful type specific xyz monsters anyway.

- All the other 4 pieces of exodia: with the head banned, these can be made unlimited.

- Rescue rabbit: with leviair banned, this can go back to unlimited and help in creating more original decks.

By the way, I can't believe people are complaining about shock master, it has only 2300 ATK, costs 3 monsters to make, and is useless if not used on the first turn. Even using it on the first turn requires knowledge of the opponents deck first. I summon kusanagi way more often than I summon this guy. Besides, who the hell is going to be able to summon 3 of them in one duel? mind you, my main deck is a level 4 swarmer so I think I know what I'm talking about. Also, why do people bitch about BLS? have you ever even seen grapha or machina fortress?! seriously WTF you guys. BLS is so easy to pop and is harder to revive than many boss monsters. The only thing that can be considered OP about BLS is his ability to banish face down monsters, but that doesn't mean he should be banned.

[quote name="Zincoshine" post="6253740" timestamp="1376065682"]The ideal banlist update:   Forbidden: - Super rejuvenation: game breaking card - spellbook of judgement: game breaking card - leviair the sea dragon: The graveyard has long been a joke so far as the death of monsters is concerned and the banishment zone has arisen as a place where a monster is truly dead..... but levpiar makes a joke of that now (so do e-drags which is why those need a big hit too). What are we going to need next to truly kill a monster if even banishment doesn't work? is a super-banishment zone going to have to be created? This card is the only reason why rescue rabbit is OP. Banish is banish, end of. If konami insists on playing with the banishment zone they could create a xyz monster that requires 3 level 6 monsters or something with the same eff. Then it would be balanced by difficulty to summon. - necroface: Game breaking card. If you disagree with this it's only because you have never encountered a deck abusing it along with e-drags and banishment cards. I would like to see you disagreeing with this after you've faced a 74,000 ATK dragon of Ra. - Eradicator epidemic virus: a card that can kill the opponents entire hand for 3 turns? The cost is nothing in a dark world deck - Deck destruction virus: same as above. - Royal tribute: almost the same as above. gravekeepers have descendant, they don't need this to be a good archetype. - T.G hyper librarian and formula sychron: pot of greed syncro monsters. - Gateway of the six: I am pretty sure konami made a typo and typed 2 instead of 1 when they made this card. It would have been a nice and balanced addition to the deck. as it is now, it is broken. This should be banned and konami should just make a new card with the same eff but without the typo. A correction a-la tribe infecting virus/tribe-shocking virus and rescue cat/rescue rabbit - exodia the forbidden one: Yeah, I know, it's a classic, however there are just too many draw cards in the game now and it's a waste of time for the opponent to just sit and do nothing while you just play solitaire. If you really like solitaire so much just open up solitaire in windows and play that, don't waste people's time doing it.     Limited: - Machina fortress: A boss monster way easier to summon than BLS and way more powerful. only banish effs can really kill this guy. - Grapha: The exact same as above. -assault mode stardust dragon: While harder to summon than the above, this monster is a instant gg. This needs to be banned if it becomes any easier to summon than it currently is now. - sangan: banning this gives non-archetype specific decks very few options with regards to searching. Hence discouraging intelligent deck designs. needs to be limited again. - Tour guide from the undead: making this limited will balance out unbanning sangan - All 4 main e-drags: The reasons why could make up an entire master thesis. - Big eye: it's a snatch steal with 2600 ATK. nerfing the e-drags will make this difficult to summon however so it doesn't need a complete ban. - lavalval chain: Why is foolish burial limited when this is not? - Goyo guardian: killing the pot of greed syncros (see above) will make this harder to summon. In any case it's a syncro version of big eye... which is unlimited at the moment. - Ophion: Now, I have personally never had any trouble with ophion because none of my 3 main decks run any monsters above level 4 except BLS and chaos soc, but i can see how it would unfairly brick anything that isn't a trap card deck or a xyz deck. - draccosack: draccosack is the boss monster of mecha decks. The problem with this card is actually the summoning requirements which should have been restricted to mecha monsters making him too easy to summon in non mecha decks like harpies and e-drags. Limiting this will help but it would be best if konami just redesigned the card with modified summoning requirements. mecha is a perfectly fine archetype.   Semi limited: - reinforcement of the army: to encourage creative deck designs and to compensate for the removal of gateway of the six. - The baby e-drags: just to be on the safe side - judgement dragon: a boss monster that wins the game at the cost of 1000 lifepoints. Basically a hard to summon version of chaos emperor dragon. This should be semi limited though because due to the way lightsworns work, there is a very high chance of 1 being milled. - neo space grand mole. Better than penguin soldier in some ways, worse in other ways. This can be semi-limited - penguin soldier: 99.99% of yu gi oh players don't know how to use this card, but that doesn't mean he isn't one of the best monsters in the game. Had him in my deck since the very beginning in 2005, together with monster reborn and MST and I will always have him in. - constellar pleidas: can be a gg for many decks due to it's penguin soldier eff.     Unlimited: -tsukuyomi: Seriously, this card is just a shittier maestroke. I have yet to duel with someone online who uses it. -magical stone excavation: -2 to get heavy storm and dark hole. lol. not worth it. - summoner monk: This is a shitty version of goblinderbergh. unless many powerful xyz monsters that can only be summoned with spellcasters are created this will be weak. only warriors and dinosaurs have powerful type specific xyz monsters anyway. - All the other 4 pieces of exodia: with the head banned, these can be made unlimited. - Rescue rabbit: with leviair banned, this can go back to unlimited and help in creating more original decks.   By the way, I can't believe people are complaining about shock master, it has only 2300 ATK, costs 3 monsters to make, and is useless if not used on the first turn. Even using it on the first turn requires knowledge of the opponents deck first. I summon kusanagi way more often than I summon this guy. Besides, who the hell is going to be able to summon 3 of them in one duel? mind you, my main deck is a level 4 swarmer so I think I know what I'm talking about. Also, why do people bitch about BLS? have you ever even seen grapha or machina fortress?! seriously WTF you guys. BLS is so easy to pop and is harder to revive than many boss monsters. The only thing that can be considered OP about BLS is his ability to banish face down monsters, but that doesn't mean he should be banned.[/quote] In this post im going to hit a card like penguin soldier because once it got rid of my two monsters Im also gonna ban necroface because once it made my opponents ra over 9000 atk Also i think we should hit rainbow dragon because once some used it and equip axe of despair and destroys my blue eyes ultimate dragon, because of that i think we should also hit axe of despair

Im also going to ban a synchro that no one ever used that lets me draw a card And instead im going to unban 2800 atk snatch steal I also think gravekeepers are good because of decsendant

Excuse me? i just googled "yugioh banlist september 2013" and got taken to this thread. I really wanted to voice my opinion and so i made a account and posted...... or are you referring to the .Wat guy?

I googled it as well and didn't find this thread until page 3. I find that hard to believe.

I'm not saying you are, just that this has been a weird week. And that my position will grace you all of TCG with my short attention span. Because honestly, I can't be the only one to find this awkward? ._.

Anyway, back to the topic. The argument for BLS is that it can be countered? That isn't a good argument. You should be looking at cards individually, along with how they interact with them. Using other bad excuses for cards shouldn't be the measuring stick for if a card is bad.

Graceful Charity should be the measuring stick for Pot of Greed, ect.

EDIT: You do bring up a card we haven't talked about yet though. What is everyone's opinion on Sangan?

I'm not saying you are, just that this has been a weird week. And that my position will grace you all of TCG with my short attention span. Because honestly, I can't be the only one to find this awkward? ._.

Anyway, back to the topic. The argument for BLS is that it can be countered? That isn't a good argument. You should be looking at cards individually, along with how they interact with them. Using other bad excuses for cards shouldn't be the measuring stick for if a card is bad.

Graceful Charity should be the measuring stick for Pot of Greed, ect.

EDIT: You do bring up a card we haven't talked about yet though. What is everyone's opinion on Sangan?

I think that Sangan should stay banned because in the age of YuGiOh! we are at, a lot of the really good cards have low attack and are searchable by Sangan, so I think it is too good right now to come back.

Not to mention Tour Guide helped push Sangan over the edge and have it get banned.

[quote name="Legend Zero" post="6253778" timestamp="1376070544"]>Zazu get banned for alt accounting>Within a week the TCG gets 3 new members, effectively being the biggest gain all Summer for TCG.Now I'm not saying it is true, because I can't prove it. I'm just saying that this is extremely suspicious/coincidental.[/quote] Your implying like someone would make an account create a huge banlist with some badnchoices Then make another account and completely disagree to it Oh ok Sangan stay banneed like its too good

The ideal banlist update:

Forbidden:

- Super rejuvenation: game breaking card

- spellbook of judgement: game breaking card

- leviair the sea dragon: The graveyard has long been a joke so far as the death of monsters is concerned and the banishment zone has arisen as a place where a monster is truly dead..... but leviar makes a joke of that now (so do e-drags which is why those need a big hit too). What are we going to need next to truly kill a monster if even banishment doesn't work? is a super-banishment zone going to have to be created? This card is the only reason why rescue rabbit is OP. Banish is banish, end of. If konami insists on playing with the banishment zone they could create a xyz monster that requires 3 level 6 monsters or something with the same eff. Then it would be balanced by difficulty to summon.

- necroface: Game breaking card. If you disagree with this it's only because you have never encountered a deck abusing it along with e-drags and banishment cards. I would like to see you disagreeing with this after you've faced a 74,000 ATK dragon of Ra.

- Eradicator epidemic virus: a card that can kill the opponents entire hand for 3 turns? The cost is nothing in a dark world deck

- Deck destruction virus: same as above.

- Royal tribute: almost the same as above. gravekeepers have descendant, they don't need this to be a good archetype.

- T.G hyper librarian and formula sychron: pot of greed syncro monsters.

- Gateway of the six: I am pretty sure konami made a typo and typed 2 instead of 1 when they made this card. It would have been a nice and balanced addition to the deck. as it is now, it is broken. This should be banned and konami should just make a new card with the same eff but without the typo. A correction a-la tribe infecting virus/tribe-shocking virus and rescue cat/rescue rabbit

- exodia the forbidden one: Yeah, I know, it's a classic, however there are just too many draw cards in the game now and it's a waste of time for the opponent to just sit and do nothing while you just play solitaire. If you really like solitaire so much just open up solitaire in windows and play that, don't waste people's time doing it.

Limited:

- Machina fortress: A boss monster way easier to summon than BLS and way more powerful. only banish effs can really kill this guy.

- Grapha: The exact same as above.

-assault mode stardust dragon: While harder to summon than the above, this monster is a instant gg. This needs to be banned if it becomes any easier to summon than it currently is now.

- sangan: banning this gives non-archetype specific decks very few options with regards to searching. Hence discouraging intelligent deck designs. needs to be limited again.

- Tour guide from the undead: making this limited will balance out unbanning sangan

- All 4 main e-drags: The reasons why could make up an entire master thesis.

- Big eye: it's a snatch steal with 2600 ATK. nerfing the e-drags will make this difficult to summon however so it doesn't need a complete ban.

- lavalval chain: Why is foolish burial limited when this is not?

- Goyo guardian: killing the pot of greed syncros (see above) will make this harder to summon. In any case it's a syncro version of big eye... which is unlimited at the moment.

- Ophion: Now, I have personally never had any trouble with ophion because none of my 3 main decks run any monsters above level 4 except BLS and chaos soc, but i can see how it would unfairly brick anything that isn't a trap card deck or a xyz deck.

- draccosack: draccosack is the boss monster of mecha decks. The problem with this card is actually the summoning requirements which should have been restricted to mecha monsters making him too easy to summon in non mecha decks like harpies and e-drags. Limiting this will help but it would be best if konami just redesigned the card with modified summoning requirements. mecha is a perfectly fine archetype.

Semi limited:

- reinforcement of the army: to encourage creative deck designs and to compensate for the removal of gateway of the six.

- The baby e-drags: just to be on the safe side

- judgement dragon: a boss monster that wins the game at the cost of 1000 lifepoints. Basically a hard to summon version of chaos emperor dragon. This should be semi limited though because due to the way lightsworns work, there is a very high chance of 1 being milled.

- neo space grand mole. Better than penguin soldier in some ways, worse in other ways. This can be semi-limited

- penguin soldier: 99.99% of yu gi oh players don't know how to use this card, but that doesn't mean he isn't one of the best monsters in the game. Had him in my deck since the very beginning in 2005, together with monster reborn and MST and I will always have him in.

- constellar pleidas: can be a gg for many decks due to it's penguin soldier eff.

Unlimited:

-tsukuyomi: Seriously, this card is just a shittier maestroke. I have yet to duel with someone online who uses it.

-magical stone excavation: -2 to get heavy storm and dark hole. lol. not worth it.

- summoner monk: This is a shitty version of goblinderbergh. unless many powerful xyz monsters that can only be summoned with spellcasters are created this will be weak. only warriors and dinosaurs have powerful type specific xyz monsters anyway.

- All the other 4 pieces of exodia: with the head banned, these can be made unlimited.

- Rescue rabbit: with leviair banned, this can go back to unlimited and help in creating more original decks.

By the way, I can't believe people are complaining about shock master, it has only 2300 ATK, costs 3 monsters to make, and is useless if not used on the first turn. Even using it on the first turn requires knowledge of the opponents deck first. I summon kusanagi way more often than I summon this guy. Besides, who the hell is going to be able to summon 3 of them in one duel? mind you, my main deck is a level 4 swarmer so I think I know what I'm talking about. Also, why do people bitch about BLS? have you ever even seen grapha or machina fortress?! seriously WTF you guys. BLS is so easy to pop and is harder to revive than many boss monsters. The only thing that can be considered OP about BLS is his ability to banish face down monsters, but that doesn't mean he should be banned.

I stopped taking your post seriously after I saw Goyo Limited...a lvl 6 2800atk reusable snatch steal at one...really? Then I saw Dracosack...the card is perfectly fine at 3...sure it's annoying but it far from broken. Also Semi limiting JD does nothing to LS...Even at 1, if it's milled they have many ways to get it back to their hand. Also Semi-Limiting Constellar Pleidas does nothing...if you're to making a 3rd you're either trying to "win moar" or you're losing. Summoner Monk and Goblind work in two completely different ways...I don"t see why you're comparing them. Then your BLS argument is just bad....most cards in the game can be countered..so that argument just makes the entire idea of a ban list pointless.

I think chaos emperor dragon should be unbanned maybe to 3 because my opponenet will be able to stop it with solemn warning and 2 bottomless.

Also srsly wat do people think of cyber stein coming back.

Btwmi always have to write what as wat, oh sh..

I think chaos emperor dragon should be unbanned maybe to 3 because my opponenet will be able to stop it with solemn warning and 2 bottomless.

Also srsly wat do people think of cyber stein coming back.

Btwmi always have to write what as wat, oh sh..

Why don't we just unban everything.

[quote name=".Leo" post="6253858" timestamp="1376077906"]Why don't we just unban everything.[/quote] Yeah idk why pot of greed is still banned i can stop it with my dark bribe Also konsmi might unban rescue cat to further support xyz and to help them bring back some synchros and stuffnlike with their new lv 5 and 6 synchros which are actually good

Yeah idk why pot of greed is still banned i can stop it with my dark bribe Also konsmi might unban rescue cat to further support xyz and to help them bring back some synchros and stuffnlike with their new lv 5 and 6 synchros which are actually good

I hope the first line is sarcasm.
I truly hope it is.

Also Cat is never coming back. Madol's are a deck amongst other things.

[quote name="Barty Hard" post="6253866" timestamp="1376079201"]I hope the first line is sarcasm. I truly hope it is.   Also Cat is never coming back. Madol's are a deck amongst other things.[/quote] Wat is sarcasm? Is it that other banned card that lets u draw 3 cards and discard 2 cards? Becuase that should comeback aswell since i can stop it with cursed seal of the forbidden spell So madolches need a boost imo

[quote name="Barty Hard" post="6253866" timestamp="1376079201"]I hope the first line is sarcasm. I truly hope it is.   Also Cat is never coming back. Madol's are a deck amongst other things.[/quote] Wat is sarcasm? Is it that other banned card that lets u draw 3 cards and discard 2 cards? Becuase that should comeback aswell since i can stop it with cursed seal of the forbidden spell So madolches need a boost imo

Archived