[OCG] September 2013 Banlist.

[quote name="The Notorious B.I.G." post="6254796" timestamp="1376211779"] All of those ideas were pretty horrible.[/quote] Yah like mezuki at 2 like it should be at 3 obv Also i think theyll hit fire fists with tenki at 2 and rekindling at 1 I dont think rekindling banned since at: 1 it will be more of a topdeck card that doesnt necesarily win

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no, it wasn't obvious..... anyway, burial from a different dimention brings back cards that the opponent probably exhausted his resources just to get them banished so they would stay dead. Monsters such as, yes I'm going to mention them again, grapha and machina fortress. As long as they remain unlimited, dd burial needs to stay limited.

What the hell are you talking about? Burial from a Different Dimension doesn't help Grapha or Fortress in any way. And for the love of god, stop stating that is Grapha / Fortress deserve to be hit in any way. They don't, stop being so butthurt because you lost against a Machina / DW deck.

[quote name="Zincoshine" post="6254777" timestamp="1376207344"]no, it wasn't obvious..... anyway, burial from a different dimention brings back cards that the opponent probably exhausted his resources just to get them banished so they would stay dead. Monsters such as, yes I'm going to mention them again, grapha and machina fortress. As long as they remain unlimited, dd burial needs to stay limited.[/quote] Oh i didnt see this post but i loled really hard No one ever ever useds burial fadd to bring back fortress or grapha, like ever Bfadd is only used in like zombies and a few other bad decks

What the hell are you talking about? Burial from a Different Dimension doesn't help Grapha or Fortress in any way. And for the love of god, stop stating that is Grapha / Fortress deserve to be hit in any way. They don't, stop being so butthurt because you lost against a Machina / DW deck.

Grapha doesn't need to be hit?

Stop being silly.

Grapha doesn't need to be hit?

Stop being silly.

Yeah, I guess I was being silly about Grapha back there. Anyways, I was more so dumbfounded by Zincoshine still going on about that Machina Fortress deserves to be hit, so I guess I wasn't paying much attention to what I was saying.

Yeah, I guess I was being silly about Grapha back there. Anyways, I was more so dumbfounded by Zincoshine still going on about that Machina Fortress deserves to be hit, so I guess I wasn't paying much attention to what I was saying.

I think he's just doesn't like the fact it has a built in revival effect along with two other really good effects. I'm not a fan of the card myself since I think it should not be able to discard itself as part of its cost, but I don't think it needs to be hit.

I don't know how to quote, so @Big.

e77.jpg

Explain to me why that is terrible, and which parts are? Well, you said all, which means that my anti-Goyo is apparently horrible as well, which I honestly hope you don't think is horrible. Onto what I think you mean, the limiting/semi limiting of the cards I said, in which case what is wrong with that? PSZ would help Synchro Decks see more light considering they have been in the shadow cast by Xyz since Xyz has been released, only seeing top tier play in 3 Axis, and only 2 Synchros are included in the Deck that actually come out on a consistant basis, the rest of the ED being occupied by Xyz. Now that I have touched on PSZ, time for Mezuki. Mezuki adds much needed speed, consistency, and overall power plays for Zombie Decks. Vampires won't be competitive as is, and so they'll do things that will boost their playability, even questionable things (see Judgment Day and Dragon Incarnates) to make sure they see some light or people won't buy the set. Mezuki at 2 wouldn't break the meta, unless Konami actually aims for a slow format next list, in which case I'd be against the semi on Mezuki, but this game isn't going to get slow for quite a while. Currently, all the semi on Mezuki would do is make a semi-considerable deck viable again, that being Zombie Synchro, which even in its prime couldn't keep up with today's meta.

Now for my semi-joking Plant arguement: I, again, don't mind losing to an interesting, skillful deck. Plants are one of those decks that require nice forethought (to an extent, mind you) and a skilled pilot. Seeing them get a power boost would be nice, though maybe not as much as I said. I would rather Bulb be unlimited (which, since it is a OPD effect, wouldn't be different then a limit) than to see Lonefire semi-limited, but I wouldn't mind Lonefire if Bulb didn't happen (basically, one or the other, not really both).

Now for Trishula. It takes 3 to get out, a giant push in usually a single turn (usually requiring some nice set up prior to the play) to get rid of 2 cards (a 0 upon Summon) and slight Graveyard disruption (something that needs to happen considering the Graveyard is a toolbox). Now I wouldn't argue any more then 1 being allowed, but I definitely preferred this legal. It made Synchros have a boss, and currently, we're seeing Xyz Monsters have equally broke or even more broke effects than this that are easier to Summon (resource wise AKA requiring less monsters to make. A Synchro with any of the Rank 5/6/7 monster's effects would be banworthy on the spot). More so, again, just an attempt to make Synchro Summoning viable again, as it has fell and it would be more interesting to see Synchro and Xyz Decks both in the meta game.

Oh, and also about the Fire Fist topic. Spirit would be a blow, and a semi-limit wouldn't kill the deck. With Emperor being able to recycle and 6 cards being able to search from Deck, it would still operate perfectly fine (well, I should say 5 as usually 2 Rooster are ran to my experience). If anything, the semi-limit would only make first turn Leopard/Spirit plays less consistant (Leopard + Tenki/Spirit = Horse Prince and Rooster with next turn Spirit) by making the odds of drawing the second piece down from 6/40 to 5/40.

w

Biecause a 2700 beater that constantly revives itself as a +1 is balanced card design. 

Anyway, I'm not really going to debate any points with you because you've proven to me time and time again that you have no idea what you're talking about.

I know what im talking about more than you lol
It can be hit but its not a problem right now and never really was
Well it could be with rank 8s in the future but idk

Guys, I doubt Konami will touch any Zombies on the list cause "Vampires" were only really added to Shadow Specters to please fans. They are like Archfiends in JOTL, Amazoness in DREV and Harpies in LTGY. They won't get any more support in later sets. Konamis focus will be more based on Bujins and Ghostricks with a side of Mecha Phantom Beasts

It's very possible, but I digress.

I agree on the point of their focuses.

Anywho, I changed my predictions some.

Banned

Monster Reborn (Too good. Has turned around too many games for my comfort, and just doesn't need to be here. If they made one for the user's graveyard only, maybe that card would be limited, but as it stands, I don't care for MR being limited) [From Limited]

Heavy Storm (In an attempt to slow down the game, perhaps they ban this/switch with Trunade) [From Limited]

Limit

Mermail Abyssmegalo (...) [From Unlimited]

Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Bear (Won't hit Tenki too hard, best follow up to hurt FF) [From Unlimited]

Trishula (More Synchro revival, plus Synchros need a boss and this card is amongst the best Synchros to date) [From Banned]

Zenmaighty (Wind-Up with this at 1 wouldn't cause too much of a splash, especially with Magician limited) [From Banned]

Spellbook of Judgment (...) [From Unlimited]

Spellbook of Secrets (With Masters in existance, this seems plausible) [From Unlimited]

Super Rejuv (Too much CA in a single card, and as Konami has proven, they hate CA in cards.) [From Unlimited]

Semi-Limit

The Big Rulers (...) [From Unlimited]

Mezuki (Vampire hints at possible Zombie Revival, no real reason to keep Zombies a dead Type) [From Limited]

Wind-Up Magician (Wind-Up needs help, and with their abusable ED Monster banned, this is fine at 2 or even 3, really.) [From Limited]

Gladiator Beast Bestiari (Konami may attempt to revive older archetypes for a more diverse meta) [From Limited]

Atlantean Dragoons (Mermail won't die with a single blow) [From Unlimited]

Evilswarm Ophion (Fuck this card)  [From Unlimited]

Tenki (Doubt it will get hit, but they won't hit 3 Axis seeing how Rooster is a money card) [From Unlimited]

Unlimited

Glow-Up Bulb (Melias and the Princesses hint at a possible Plant Revival from Konami, so this would be plausible) [From Banned]

I came across this just now. Apparently Konami posted a list and took it down after a short while, however, there were screen captures at the time it was up.

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/21...
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1227...
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/23...
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/89...

Probably fake, but meh, thought I'd let you decide for yourself.

if heavy gets banned, yugioh will just devolve into trench warfare, no one wants that. Heavy storm's true power is psychological. Furthermore, it won't slow down the game, it will just encourage more stall decks. No one wants that, certainly not konami. Also, monster reborn used to be banned and yugioh was so boring in those days.

@.Wat: Yes, yes I am. But despite this fact I still think all 3, and assault mode stardust dragon, and any other boss monster I forgot to mention that can only be killed by the different dimension, should be limited and not banned so lets leave it at that.

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/21...
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1227...
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/23...
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/89...

Probably fake, but meh, thought I'd let you decide for yourself.

I wonder what "special rule" could mean, if this is legit.

Sorry for double posting, but i can't figure out how to copy paste quotes.

There's a large number of people who assure us this was an actual leak and it can't be fake. I do still have my own personal doubts, but when I looked over the list, I felt like the changes were a bit healthy and well-decided, even if Konami may have accidentally just killed their tin sales.

Trunade for Heavy isn't too bad, as much as people have been saying that is, because it's a push-for-game card. Fire Fists are fine with you resetting Tenki and Tensu for them. Sure, it might've made them take more damage, but you literally just handed them RotA back. And having slower/slightly more inconsistent decks in the format was never a bad thing. Made for a healthier, more skill-incentivized Yugimons environment.

And, as a side note, if people are still stuck on the fact that BLS is an issue before Trunade potentially causing minor problems, then you clearly haven't been paying attention to the backrow getting played nowadays.

[quote name="Zincoshine" post="6254990" timestamp="1376243121"]I wonder what "special rule" could mean, if this is legit. Sorry for double posting, but i can't figure out how to copy paste quotes.[/quote] Lol Its only to be able to use 6 dragon rulers i a deck Which is a cool idea

That's the third time I've seen that special rule, which is making me wonder. It's very much like Vanguard, and works out well in all ways I think. The deck is neutered, and the Dragons are still elemental support.

As for the list itself:

I dislike the list

Trunade coming back does no good for the format, it'll just make it more backrow heavy. Which is bad for the game.

I also doubt the list for two reasons: a) No Buff the Sycnchro's. They've been pushing them so much,some kind of tuner on the list should logically be moving up, not moving down. And secondly, nothing unlimited. They've been moving decent amounts of stuff up in recent years, so something moving to unlimited seems likely.

They aren't hard reasons to doubt it, but... it's enough of one.

There's a large number of people who assure us this was an actual leak and it can't be fake. I do still have my own personal doubts, but when I looked over the list, I felt like the changes were a bit healthy and well-decided, even if Konami may have accidentally just killed their tin sales.

Trunade for Heavy isn't too bad, as much as people have been saying that is, because it's a push-for-game card. Fire Fists are fine with you resetting Tenki and Tensu for them. Sure, it might've made them take more damage, but you literally just handed them RotA back. And having slower/slightly more inconsistent decks in the format was never a bad thing. Made for a healthier, more skill-incentivized Yugimons environment

The tins will sell because of bear, not the dragons on front.

Trunade coming back for heavy is a terrible choice, because we have no mass backrow removal. We have a backrow stun card instead. Backrow stun is used in most cases for OTK plays. Which are not something we want in the game. Heavy prevents people from running 20+ backrow in a deck, by punishing them for doing so, and making people think before they set cards. Trunade doesn't cost your opponent anything for doing that, because it doesn't destroy. So essentially the format will start turning into Set 5 pass.

That's the third time I've seen that special rule, which is making me wonder. It's very much like Vanguard, and works out well in all ways I think. The deck is neutered, and the Dragons are still elemental support.

As for the list itself:

I dislike the list

Trunade coming back does no good for the format, it'll just make it more backrow heavy. Which is bad for the game.

I also doubt the list for two reasons: a) No Buff the Sycnchro's. They've been pushing them so much,some kind of tuner on the list should logically be moving up, not moving down. And secondly, nothing unlimited. They've been moving decent amounts of stuff up in recent years, so something moving to unlimited seems likely.

They aren't hard reasons to doubt it, but... it's enough of one.

The tins will sell because of bear, not the dragons on front.

Trunade coming back for heavy is a terrible choice, because we have no mass backrow removal. We have a backrow stun card instead. Backrow stun is used in most cases for OTK plays. Which are not something we want in the game. Heavy prevents people from running 20+ backrow in a deck, by punishing them for doing so, and making people think before they set cards. Trunade doesn't cost your opponent anything for doing that, because it doesn't destroy. So essentially the format will start turning into Set 5 pass.

Setting five backrow is bad Yugimons.

Why is it so bad for slower decks to be more viable? You have more interesting games when you're not just facerolling with aggressive plays every day of the week. The only reason I ever saw Trunade coming back as amusing at this point is Bambooshoot, and that doesn't necessarily make Naturia immediately viable, either.

Heavy pushed a lot of things out of the format because hitting backrow prevented a loss of a potential OTK. Trunade has a chance to fail.

Setting five backrow is bad Yugimons.

Yes, and why should this change?

Why is it so bad for slower decks to be more viable? You have more interesting games when you're not just facerolling with aggressive plays every day of the week. The only reason I ever saw Trunade coming back as amusing at this point is Bambooshoot, and that doesn't necessarily make Naturia immediately viable, either.

It's not bad for slow decks to be viable, but slow =! backrow dependant. The reason the game is so fast is because there's no stoppers on how many monsters you can play in a turn. That's how you slow down the fucking game. The thing with S/Ts is that you can always play as many of them in a turn as you want, including setting 5. It's more mindless than having the option between monster a and monster b because you only get 1 NS a turn. March 2011 is the perfect example of this, really. In general, decks were overall slow because they had to adapt to the lack of heavy and it created a degenerate spiral, where more and more decks were resorting to heavier and heavier backrows. When traps rule the format, very few people are happy with the game.

Heavy pushed a lot of things out of the format because hitting backrow prevented a loss of a potential OTK. Trunade has a chance to fail.

Trunade is ONLY there for the OTK, it has no other actual use outside of incidental value.

Archived