[OCG] September 2013 Banlist.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name="The Notorious B.I.G." post="6253882" timestamp="1376082197"].Wat is obvious alt, needs to be banned.   Unlike Chaos Emperor Dragon obviously.[/quote] Wat Oh i quad posted thats cool... Also i think something like reborn should be banned now or like avarice or something idk i feel like konamos gonna ban some spell

I stopped taking your post seriously after I saw Goyo Limited...a lvl 6 2800atk reusable snatch steal at one...really? Then I saw Dracosack...the card is perfectly fine at 3...sure it's annoying but it far from broken. Also Semi limiting JD does nothing to LS...Even at 1, if it's milled they have many ways to get it back to their hand. Also Semi-Limiting Constellar Pleidas does nothing...if you're to making a 3rd you're either trying to "win moar" or you're losing. Summoner Monk and Goblind work in two completely different ways...I don"t see why you're comparing them. Then your BLS argument is just bad....most cards in the game can be countered..so that argument just makes the entire idea of a ban list pointless.

To be honest, the only reason i thought goyo might be ok is because its unlimited on the TBC format, which is far more balanced than konami's forbidden list. I have never even seen anyone summoning goyo in a TBC match. Also, I did not know it was 2800 ATK, I thought it was 2600. 2800 would indeed be too much and in that case it should definetely stay banned.

I don't understand your comment about draccosack, it seems you are agreeing with me, yet taking the tone of disagreeing with me. What I said about draccosack is that it's the summoning conditions which are broken because they are able to be too easily summoned in other decks like e-drag and harpie decks which are not related to mecha decks. The monster itself is not broken at all, it just needs to have the summoning condition changed to "2 level 7 mecha monsters". since konami can't just change a card like that, a temporary solution would be to limit the monster and make a new boss monster for mecha decks that is exactly the same as draccosack except with the stricter summoning requirements. When that monster gets made and released, then ban draccosack.

my point about BLS is that it is so easy to counter him, but other boss monsters are far more difficult to counter, such as grapha and machina fortress which can only be defeated by being banished somehow. My point is that the graveyard means death for BLS but means nothing for the other boss monsters. my point is that it doesn't make sense that those monsters, which are more powerful than BLS, remain unlimited while BLS remains limited. My point is that it's so stupid to call for BLS to be banned while ignoring these more powerful monsters.

[quote name="Cavani." post="6253898" timestamp="1376083079"]Mind Control IMO is another possibility.[/quote] Even tho its not used like zat all it could get hit lile randomly because theres always those i dont understand cards lol Also is it just me or am i more excited about new banlists more than playing the game And yeah avarice could go with the new avarice

To be honest, the only reason i thought goyo might be ok is because its unlimited on the TBC format, which is far more balanced than konami's forbidden list. I have never even seen anyone summoning goyo in a TBC match. Also, I did not know it was 2800 ATK, I thought it was 2600. 2800 would indeed be too much and in that case it should definetely stay banned.

I don't understand your comment about draccosack, it seems you are agreeing with me, yet taking the tone of disagreeing with me. What I said about draccosack is that it's the summoning conditions which are broken because they are able to be too easily summoned in other decks like e-drag and harpie decks which are not related to mecha decks. The monster itself is not broken at all, it just needs to have the summoning condition changed to "2 level 7 mecha monsters".

my point about BLS is that it is so easy to counter him, but other boss monsters are far more difficult to counter, such as grapha and machina fortress which can only be defeated by being banished somehow. My point is that the graveyard means death for BLS but means nothing for the other boss monsters. my point is that it doesn't make sense that those monsters, which are more powerful than BLS, remain unlimited while BLS remains limited.

BLS is so stupidly splashable and he's a topdeck that easily turns around or seals games. I always make space for him in anything that uses LIGHT and DARK monsters and he works like a charm winning all my games. The fact that something can be countered is never an argument.

Mind Control is an example of a card that Konami balanced at the time without being able to foresee the future and it's outdated now.  They should release a new card that prevents Synchros and Xyzs with the monster that's taken control. As is, it's just not right. 

Switching control is never good news.

To be honest, the only reason i thought goyo might be ok is because its unlimited on the TBC format, which is far more balanced than konami's forbidden list. I have never even seen anyone summoning goyo in a TBC match.

You mean this list? The list that has freaking Brionac unlimited, Naturia Exterio banned, Cyber Jar limited, Giant Trunade limited?

my-head-hurts.jpg

That list sucks. More balanced than Konami's list? Not even close.

Also i never understood why chaos sorc was at 1 with bls Like bls should of never cameback Also goyo cant comeback because then people wont want to use vulcan which is in the newest set

It was really only banned to kill of Chaos. Vulcan would still have its niche in stuff like Fire Fists, but of course Goyo can't come back.

It was really only banned to kill of Chaos. Vulcan would still have its niche in stuff like Fire Fists, but of course Goyo can't come back.

Or hts
Cuz if goyos back people wont consider them, and if people would consider them a lot of people would just buy more pacls to get them
Also can dewloren still be looped without brionac because i forget
Then it could come bacl tp 3 since i actually have a deck that could run 3 of it :-(

Also can dewloren still be looped without brionac because i forget
Then it could come bacl tp 3 since i actually have a deck that could run 3 of it :sad:

It was never Brionac's problem I thought. It was the fact you essentially had an infinite monster with 3 copies of it, since you've got the Premature that needs 3 things of the same name in the grave to be used.

I don't understand your comment about draccosack, it seems you are agreeing with me, yet taking the tone of disagreeing with me. What I said about draccosack is that it's the summoning conditions which are broken because they are able to be too easily summoned in other decks like e-drag and harpie decks which are not related to mecha decks. The monster itself is not broken at all, it just needs to have the summoning condition changed to "2 level 7 mecha monsters". since konami can't just change a card like that, a temporary solution would be to limit the monster and make a new boss monster for mecha decks that is exactly the same as draccosack except with the stricter summoning requirements. When that monster gets made and released, then ban draccosack.

If i'm reading your post correctly, what you're saying is Boss Monsters should only be played in their own decks?

I don't see a problem with Dracosack being a generic since the card is balanced.

Just recently ran into this forum, so I was wanting opinions on a few things.

Obviously, most everything relevent has already been pointed out, but I guess for the sake of prudency over future posts I'll post my specific list.

-Banned-

-Super Rejuvenation- (I'm debating between one and none, and over which would work best to slow the deck down. I'm of a firm belief that 1 wouldn't be that bad, as it would essentially become a card like Gateway of the Six is. Broken plays if it's drawn, but the deck would otherwise have to slow down)

-Spellbook of Judgement- (I probably don't have to say anything about this card. It's just too good, and allows Prophecies to plus massively off of otherwise bad plays. It basically says: "Oh, hey, you want to use your entire hand? Go for it! I got your back bro!" It's litterally just a degenerative card that rewards the player for overextending. Similar to Super Rejuv in my opinion. Although, I could honestly believe it just going to 1, like Super Rejuv also.)

-Pot of Avarice- (I honestly think this'll get hit just because of the Pot of Duplicity coming out. If the card happens to be Super Rare or higher, then Konami will want to push the otherwise inferior substitute on players. This obviously won't happen if we still have access to Avarice)

-Limited-

-Spellbook of Secrets- (Now, hear me out, I think this is a key card to slowing the deck enough without killing it. By limiting some of the search options, the deck will slow down to fit the next meta. Besides, you still have the little searcher [whatsisname] that can be abused by flipping back face down with fate for the extra search. This would make more sense if Judgment goes to 1 rather than 0)

-Gold Sarcophogus- (This would definitely slow the Dragon Rulers a bit more when limited in conjunction with the ban of Super Rejuv. Although, I could honestly see this at either 1 or 2)

-Thunder King Rai-oh- (This card is just something I can see getting limited due to the upcoming sets being released, and how Thunder King would be consistently good against most of them. Not too confident that this will happen, but you never know)

-Semi-Limitied-

-T.G. Striker- (I can see this coming back, especially with the return of Synchros. Although, Konami knows more about future releases than I do, so it might end up being too broken at 2)

-Spellbook Magician of Prophecy- (I think the one fake banlist got a few things right, but the Prophecy hit wasn't one of them. This ration seems to better balance the deck without crippling it. I can especially see it if Judgment was at 1 as well. It all depends on how much Konami really wants to hurt the deck)

-All of the Big Dragon Rulers- (Now, I think this is reasonable, in that it does limit the overall amount of plays the player would have at their disposal. Sure, they could still run as many baby dragon rulers as they want, but without Super Rejuvenation they wouldn't be plussing as massively off of their effects. Their play becomes a 2 card pitch for 1 resource that can't attack, and would need more resources put into it to make any XYZ plays. The typical plays that Dragon Rulers like to play would in with little hand advantage, even if they end up with the same field they usually had. Anything that would clear their field would devastate them, even if they could possibly use their graveyard as a resource next turn. They just would only have so many Dragon Rulers that they could use)

-Mystical Space Typhoon- (Yes, this is on my list. It wasn't really a problem card this format, but more of a card that would hinder the next format if not struck preemptively to 1 or 2. With Fire Fists and a possibly slower format coming up, backrow is going to big. So, to give decks like Bro Fists a much better chance, limiting mst, even slightly, would be a major plus for the deck. Not too confident that this will happen, but you never know)

-Unlimited-

-Mirror Force- (As many have mentioned, this card just didn't do too much this format. Although, it'll probably do more next format, and 3 would be a much better incentive for using them)

-Tsukuyomi- (Obvious. It's just one of those cards that really isn't anything special without the combo it was originally banned for. Hasn't really done anything the whole format, so it doesn't need to be on the banlist at all)

Now, for a couple of points. Trish and Goyo coming back. . . This is just insane conjecture and likely not to happen. It just seems like they would be way to good in the decks that would be available next format, especially with Bro fists being able to crank out level 6 synchros like nothing. I for one wouldn't like that to happen to me. And, sure Trishula might be able to come back right now, but it was really banned for a reason. That being said, Konami likes doing random things for their banlists, so we'll just see.

And, as for BLS and the other boss monsters. . . Sure, they're good. That's why they're boss monsters. The thing is, most of the time they are usualy the main reason their particular decks are good. Still, their decks really haven't been doing much lately. Dark World's has pretty much fallen off the face of the earth, and Lightsworn is still not consistent enough with only one charge of the light brigade. All in all, killing their boss monsters would probably kill the decks, which aren't doing all that much. This kills a portion of the deck diversity that we really want to see going into next format.

The same goes for BLS. Yes, it is a very good card. Yes, it can single handedly win games. But, the fact is, he won't always win games just by himself. And, most decks have ways to get rid of him or take him for themselves this format. He really hasn't done anything all summer, even though people keep trying to run him in decks. However, that doesn't mean he could make for a good card for future decks that might be more creative and interesting next format. I just don't think we should be killing off every deck that we don't like, when they're not even that good when compared to other things coming out *cough*Bujin*cough. . .

Guys can we just stop talking about goyo? I already realised that it was a stupid thing to recommend for limiting and I think we are all in agreement that it should stay banned.

looking at the replies has made me realise there are a few cards I forgot to mention in my ideal ban list:

forbidden:
-mind control: As you guys have mentioned, this card was balanced at the time it was made, but now is too powerful and must be banned.
-pot of avarice: in many decks the cost is more of a gain, making it a better card than pot of greed... which is banned. duplicity was clearly made to replace this anyway so as soon as that is released in the TGC I expect avarice to be banned.
- magical explosion: It can do a FTK easily by milling your entire deck in one turn and then using this trap. Think i'm exaggerating? I have a video.nevermind, the OTK is only possible in tag duels.

limited:
-gold sarco (conditional): With banishment becoming a less and less reliable way to permenantely kill a monster, this needs to be limited. However, if leviair is banned and e-drags are nerfed in the way i mentioned in my previous list, then this can stay at unlimited.

I see you guys are talking about Rai-oh. The thing that makes this guy too powerful is actually his ATK. His eff is fine. He's a level 4 monster with 1900 ATK that forces both players to play classic beatdown style. Therefore, unless you have a alexandrite dragon or heliotrope evilswarm or gene-warped warwolf or a monarch deck you are going to have to sacrifice a powerful monster just to get rid of rai-oh. Also, I laughed at the post about dark world's not doing anything. That was hilarious. Just because you have macros in your side deck doesn't mean they're not doing anything. They're very potent and powerful when used right and I see lots of people using them. In

[quote name="Zincoshine" post="6254202" timestamp="1376127926"]I dunno. Striker makes it too easy to get out a level 6 or lower synchro. We don't need more catastors (or castrators as I like to call them) being summoned.[/quote] No we need more synchros summoned like with all the generic xyz, more stronk than like synchros which need tuners striker would be a good addition back And with armades, vulcan and hts out they will probably want to boost synchros a bit

Archived