[OCG] September 2013 Banlist.

Naturia beast and barkion are really the only ones to be summon by striker and right now most decks can get rid of them with monsters Yeah gale would only give a boost for blackwings And plague would only boost zombies but that can come back to 3 as long as mezuki is at 1

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name="Steve The Bug" post="6254300" timestamp="1376149849"]To keep Striker limited, hurting TGs because Konami overpowered a few Naturia monsters seems bad[/quote] That wasnt even the reason why they got limited tho It was so random and fast I think it was in inzektor, windup amd rabbit format where none of them got hit anf t.g.s and agents got hit instead lol

[quote name="Zincoshine" post="6254306" timestamp="1376150508"]mekuzi yes, burial no. we don't need dark world and zombie decks becoming tier 1.[/quote] Why not mezuki and burial at 3 would nothing to the format other than summon loads of rank 4s for free Lol i would love to see mezuki back at leasts to 2 but i dunno if its going to happen, maybe konami will bring it back because of the new vampore cards but idk if they even need mezuki,

Why not mezuki and burial at 3 would nothing to the format other than summon loads of rank 4s for free Lol i would love to see mezuki back at leasts to 2 but i dunno if its going to happen, maybe konami will bring it back because of the new vampore cards but idk if they even need mezuki,

you are talking about foolish burial right?

one word: grapha

edit: also machina fortress.

As long as those are not limited, foolish burial must stay limited.

you are talking about foolish burial right?

one word: grapha

edit: also machina fortress.

As long as those are not limited, foolish burial must stay limited.

Stop implying that Fortress of all things is broken. And he wasn't talking about Foolish Burial, since he was obviously talking about Burial from a Different Dimension.

[quote name="Zincoshine" post="6254354" timestamp="1376153116"]you are talking about foolish burial right? one word: grapha   edit: also machina fortress.   As long as those are not limited, foolish burial must stay limited.[/quote] Milling machina fortress with foolish burial is a bad move Also i dont need to foolish grapha since its eadily searched and discarded by other stuff

[quote name="-:ášœAáš‹Ráš›:-" post="6254378" timestamp="1376156554"]I think zombie wise mezuki is fine where it is. A Z world lv4 deck can easily spam rank 4s as is >.>...[/quote] But thats inconsistent and bad and a nice boost would be cool

I see you guys are talking about Rai-oh. The thing that makes this guy too powerful is actually his ATK. His eff is fine. He's a level 4 monster with 1900 ATK that forces both players to play classic beatdown style. Therefore, unless you have a alexandrite dragon or heliotrope evilswarm or gene-warped warwolf or a monarch deck you are going to have to sacrifice a powerful monster just to get rid of rai-oh. Also, I laughed at the post about dark world's not doing anything. That was hilarious. Just because you have macros in your side deck doesn't mean they're not doing anything. They're very potent and powerful when used right and I see lots of people using them. In

Yes, Rai-oh has almost always been a pretty good card, although you could also get around him with non-inherent special summons (like through monster reborn, call of the haunted, and even fusion [gem-knights, anyone?]). Thunder King Rai-oh can only stop cards that special summon themselves, like grapha, hyperion, BLS, all normal synchro summons, and xyz summons. So, for a format where they're really trying to push synchros back out, it seems like this might be a card to hit. Just like Konami hitting all of the big synchro decks when they were trying to push xyz out. Makes me wonder if they're going to hit any more xyz or the big xyz decks (though not necessarily top tier) for a similar reason?

As for Dark Worlds. . . Yes, I still believe they're a good deck, with their own hax combos. The thing is that they really haven't done anything in the current meta, whether that be in the TCG or OCG. They haven't consistently topped almost this entire format, in part because of the releases of the much faster decks. They are fast, but they don't bury you in overwhelming advantage like Dragon Rulers and Prophecies. They even have a bad matchup against Evilswarm. I mean, what in the deck can actually do anything? Maybe you can discard the Grapha right when you need to and hit the Ophion. But that's only one card (even if you always run three) that can hit it in the maindeck. Sure, you can argue that you hit the rabbit before it's played, but, realistically, the game would still be up in the air. It would really come down to whoever went first.

So, although you still might see dark worlds in your locals and occasionally at regionals, that doesn't mean that they're doing anything in the meta. They've just seemed to fall out of favor by pretty much everyone that goes to nats or worlds, with good reason. The people that do run it there end up getting roffle stomped by Prophecies and Dragon Rulers. With those decks doing so well, there's no way for Dark Worlds to really shine.

That said, Dark Worlds also have no huge bearing on any cards coming out next format. They don't really have an unfair advantage against Bro fists, Bujin, or any of the synchros coming up. So, when you think about their small impact on the current meta, as well as the little advantage they would have against the new decks of next format, Konami has little to no motivation to do ANYTHING to them. Not to say that Dark Worlds won't be back as a possible tier 2 or tier 1.5 deck come the September 2013 format, they just won't be so overpowered or good that they would warrant any of their cards being put to the banlist (the ones not already there, of course).

Like, I see a lot of people complaining about card destruction. It is a very good card, but it is also fair at 1. With super rejuvenation likely getting banned, there won't be as many unfair combos with this card. Sure, you can  play everything relevant to get them out of your hand, just to hit your opponent's starting hand. But, if you think about it, that just leaves you with no cards in hand, and your opponent still has a new, full hand. Yes, it's pretty good in Dark Worlds, but I think I've already mentioned that Dark Worlds haven't done enough to warrent a hit. And, that's pretty much the only deck that can benefit greatly from it. Rarely, another deck will run it. Konami probably wouldn't just hit a card used in only one deck, anyway, unless the deck was overpowered to the point that almost nothing else could touch it (Dragon Rulers).

I understand the butthurt when someone card destruction's your opening hand, but come on. This is a list for a fair meta, not a meta that takes out the cards you just personally don't like. Let's be fair and impartial, people.

Edit: I also find it funny that, although dark worlds is coming up, not many are really saying anything about Mermails. Just three or four months ago, the deck was dominating everything, topping consistently. They haven't been hit at all, so they still have everything needed to be good. Once Prophecies and Dragon Rulers become weakened, you can bet that the water deck will rise quickly again. So, I honestly think that Dragoons should probably get dropped to 1, as well as Abyss-sphere to 1. Megalo could probably stand to go to 2 as well.

The thing about Abyss-sphere and linde is that linde is the main target for sphere almost every time. It's the card that makes Abysslinde live almost all the time. Otherwise, it might be more tedious to get the effect off. Whereas, Abyss-sphere does it by the end of the turn. I say that if you limit Abyss-sphere, then Abysslinde becomes less useful and easy to abuse.

Also, Dragoons is mostly there for otks. I can really see it staying where it is, but 1 might balance the otk potential and force Mermails to play a more controlling game, instead of just being a spammy otk deck..

[spoiler=Banlist]Just recently ran into this forum, so I was wanting opinions on a few things.

Obviously, most everything relevent has already been pointed out, but I guess for the sake of prudency over future posts I'll post my specific list.

-Banned-
-Super Rejuvenation- (I'm debating between one and none, and over which would work best to slow the deck down. I'm of a firm belief that 1 wouldn't be that bad, as it would essentially become a card like Gateway of the Six is. Broken plays if it's drawn, but the deck would otherwise have to slow down)

-Spellbook of Judgement- (I probably don't have to say anything about this card. It's just too good, and allows Prophecies to plus massively off of otherwise bad plays. It basically says: "Oh, hey, you want to use your entire hand? Go for it! I got your back bro!" It's litterally just a degenerative card that rewards the player for overextending. Similar to Super Rejuv in my opinion. Although, I could honestly believe it just going to 1, like Super Rejuv also.)

-Pot of Avarice- (I honestly think this'll get hit just because of the Pot of Duplicity coming out. If the card happens to be Super Rare or higher, then Konami will want to push the otherwise inferior substitute on players. This obviously won't happen if we still have access to Avarice)

-Limited-
-Spellbook of Secrets- (Now, hear me out, I think this is a key card to slowing the deck enough without killing it. By limiting some of the search options, the deck will slow down to fit the next meta. Besides, you still have the little searcher [whatsisname] that can be abused by flipping back face down with fate for the extra search. This would make more sense if Judgment goes to 1 rather than 0)

-Gold Sarcophogus- (This would definitely slow the Dragon Rulers a bit more when limited in conjunction with the ban of Super Rejuv. Although, I could honestly see this at either 1 or 2)

-Thunder King Rai-oh- (This card is just something I can see getting limited due to the upcoming sets being released, and how Thunder King would be consistently good against most of them. Not too confident that this will happen, but you never know)

-Semi-Limitied-
-T.G. Striker- (I can see this coming back, especially with the return of Synchros. Although, Konami knows more about future releases than I do, so it might end up being too broken at 2)

-Spellbook Magician of Prophecy- (I think the one fake banlist got a few things right, but the Prophecy hit wasn't one of them. This ration seems to better balance the deck without crippling it. I can especially see it if Judgment was at 1 as well. It all depends on how much Konami really wants to hurt the deck)

-All of the Big Dragon Rulers- (Now, I think this is reasonable, in that it does limit the overall amount of plays the player would have at their disposal. Sure, they could still run as many baby dragon rulers as they want, but without Super Rejuvenation they wouldn't be plussing as massively off of their effects. Their play becomes a 2 card pitch for 1 resource that can't attack, and would need more resources put into it to make any XYZ plays. The typical plays that Dragon Rulers like to play would in with little hand advantage, even if they end up with the same field they usually had. Anything that would clear their field would devastate them, even if they could possibly use their graveyard as a resource next turn. They just would only have so many Dragon Rulers that they could use)

-Mystical Space Typhoon- (Yes, this is on my list. It wasn't really a problem card this format, but more of a card that would hinder the next format if not struck preemptively to 1 or 2. With Fire Fists and a possibly slower format coming up, backrow is going to big. So, to give decks like Bro Fists a much better chance, limiting mst, even slightly, would be a major plus for the deck. Not too confident that this will happen, but you never know)

-Unlimited-
-Mirror Force- (As many have mentioned, this card just didn't do too much this format. Although, it'll probably do more next format, and 3 would be a much better incentive for using them)

-Tsukuyomi- (Obvious. It's just one of those cards that really isn't anything special without the combo it was originally banned for. Hasn't really done anything the whole format, so it doesn't need to be on the banlist at all)

Now, for a couple of points. Trish and Goyo coming back. . . This is just insane conjecture and likely not to happen. It just seems like they would be way to good in the decks that would be available next format, especially with Bro fists being able to crank out level 6 synchros like nothing. I for one wouldn't like that to happen to me. And, sure Trishula might be able to come back right now, but it was really banned for a reason. That being said, Konami likes doing random things for their banlists, so we'll just see.

And, as for BLS and the other boss monsters. . . Sure, they're good. That's why they're boss monsters. The thing is, most of the time they are usualy the main reason their particular decks are good. Still, their decks really haven't been doing much lately. Dark World's has pretty much fallen off the face of the earth, and Lightsworn is still not consistent enough with only one charge of the light brigade. All in all, killing their boss monsters would probably kill the decks, which aren't doing all that much. This kills a portion of the deck diversity that we really want to see going into next format.

The same goes for BLS. Yes, it is a very good card. Yes, it can single handedly win games. But, the fact is, he won't always win games just by himself. And, most decks have ways to get rid of him or take him for themselves this format. He really hasn't done anything all summer, even though people keep trying to run him in decks. However, that doesn't mean he could make for a good card for future decks that might be more creative and interesting next format. I just don't think we should be killing off every deck that we don't like, when they're not even that good when compared to other things coming out *cough*Bujin*cough. . .[/spoiler]

The thing about Abyss-sphere and linde is that linde is the main target for sphere almost every time. It's the card that makes Abysslinde live almost all the time. Otherwise, it might be more tedious to get the effect off. Whereas, Abyss-sphere does it by the end of the turn. I say that if you limit Abyss-sphere, then Abysslinde becomes less useful and easy to abuse.

Also, Dragoons is mostly there for otks. I can really see it staying where it is, but 1 might balance the otk potential and force Mermails to play a more controlling game, instead of just being a spammy otk deck..

Of course Super Rejuvenation and Judgment need to be banned, they are both plus a bajillion cards that reward spamming out everything.

Gold Sarcophagus isn't an issue at all. Dragon Rulers don't even run that many of it, only 1-2 at most.

Thunder King isn't a problem at all, he can come back @3, in fact, as he's not that prominent. The thing about him is that those new Decks and stuff can't run him.

If Judgment is banned, there's no need to hit Magician. Magician is only that powerful because he was another Spellbook of Secrets in a Deck that didn't need to Normal Summon. Without that Special Summon provided by Judgment, this thing becomes balanced.

Reasoning behind ideal banning here isn't just because getting rid of meta. Getting rid of the meta is just a business strategy of Konami's.

Dragoons does give the Deck too much consistency.

Also fire fists should take some sort of hit

Konami won't hit fire fists as long as they're still wanting to push more cards for the deck.

Of course Super Rejuvenation and Judgment need to be banned, they are both plus a bajillion cards that reward spamming out everything.

Gold Sarcophagus isn't an issue at all. Dragon Rulers don't even run that many of it, only 1-2 at most.

Thunder King isn't a problem at all, he can come back @3, in fact, as he's not that prominent. The thing about him is that those new Decks and stuff can't run him.

If Judgment is banned, there's no need to hit Magician. Magician is only that powerful because he was another Spellbook of Secrets in a Deck that didn't need to Normal Summon. Without that Special Summon provided by Judgment, this thing becomes balanced.

Reasoning behind ideal banning here isn't just because getting rid of meta. Getting rid of the meta is just a business strategy of Konami's.

Dragoons does give the Deck too much consistency.

Well, the thing about Rai-oh, like I explained, is that Konami wants to sell they're new sets. This won't happen as easily if people are able to run 2 to 3 Rai-oh's which are a synchro deck's nightmare. My banlist was an attempt to get as close as possible to the one Konami ends up releasing, not just what I want to be hit to balance the meta (which I still included). The Inclusions of Thunder King and Mystical Space Typhoon were maybes that I felt like mentioning. It's all based on Konami's knowledge of future sets and which cards they don't want interfering with these sets.

Spirit would be a blow--- I've never really needed my Rekindlings in my Fire Fist 3 Axis. I run 2, and they've never won me even a round out of nearly 40 matches. It was moreso a "win moar" card for me and sometimes a pusher.

Mezuki and PSZ need to be at 2, Bulb at unlimited, and Lonefire at 2. Plants and Zombies, imo, are much more entertaining and interesting then the current meta, and I wouldn't mind seeing them back. Also, Trishula is boss, and Synchros need love. Give us Trish. As for Goyo, F* Goyo, he can go to the Super Banished Zone.

And he wasn't talking about Foolish Burial, since he was obviously talking about Burial from a Different Dimension.

no, it wasn't obvious..... anyway, burial from a different dimention brings back cards that the opponent probably exhausted his resources just to get them banished so they would stay dead. Monsters such as, yes I'm going to mention them again, grapha and machina fortress. As long as they remain unlimited, dd burial needs to stay limited.

Spirit would be a blow--- I've never really needed my Rekindlings in my Fire Fist 3 Axis. I run 2, and they've never won me even a round out of nearly 40 matches. It was moreso a "win moar" card for me and sometimes a pusher.

Mezuki and PSZ need to be at 2, Bulb at unlimited, and Lonefire at 2. Plants and Zombies, imo, are much more entertaining and interesting then the current meta, and I wouldn't mind seeing them back. Also, Trishula is boss, and Synchros need love. Give us Trish. As for Goyo, F* Goyo, he can go to the Super Banished Zone.

All of those ideas were pretty horrible.

Archived