[OCG] September 2013 Banlist.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said Solemns...usually when people are talking about Warning, they say Warning...

Yes, Hole and TT can facilitate an OTK by opening you up to direct damage, but Heavy Storm is worst because it gets rid any unknown factor except for hand traps. 

Also just because two new sets were decent does not mean anything in a game flooded with already present OTK engines and other broken stuff.  

He also used Solemns plural, implying both of them. Which means Warning is on the table. It also doesn't change if he went straight into using Solemn Judgment on your summon, and stops you dead there.

Heavy also prevents you from having to get through multiple pieces of backrow, for every play you make. The fact it leads into easier OTK's is an acceptable evil compared to what it actually does. Not to mention: The OTK's still happen. Even with backrow and hand-trap protection, you'll still get OTK'd, even without Heavy being used on you.

So here's a wonderful idea... Let's hit those cards. And not the games check to overextending backrow, which no other currently decent card can do. You know, like the smart thing to do is, and not the lazy option. Even if Konami doesn't do that, that doesn't mean it's not what should be done. And banning heavy to skirt around that will just make the game arguably worse.

And you can't say none OTK decks don't exist, they just don't exist this format. (In case you were going to) There's a difference.

Just curious, what do people think about shock master? I have a few complaints, like the fact that he basically only affects your turn after you have everything set up and then screws your opponent's turn, so if your opponent' summons him you have to have a removal card in hand of the type that your opponent isn't going to call or its usually game. I'm NOT saying that he's worse then spellbooks or dragon rulers but he's a bothersome staple, at least to me anyway.

Just curious, what do people think about shock master? I have a few complaints, like the fact that he basically only affects your turn after you have everything set up and then screws your opponent's turn, so if your opponent' summons him you have to have a removal card in hand of the type that your opponent isn't going to call or its usually game. I'm NOT saying that he's worse then spellbooks or dragon rulers but he's a bothersome staple, at least to me anyway.

Shock master is terrible design and should be banned.

[quote name="I Hate Snatch Steal" post="6255302" timestamp="1376274866"]phew someone agreed with me, I thought I'd be flamed and called a newb for sure... for complaing about something that's not spellbook or dragon ruler related[/quote] Have you been spending too much time on DGZ lately?

Throwing something a bit different into the pot, there's been a lot of discussion around my locals and others with some thoroughly knowledgeable players about the potential of Mind Control going to 0 (as it should be) and Brain Control taking its place.  While I agree that they could both be banned and there wouldn't be any qualms, it's indeed possible that Konami might want to keep some kind of mechanic like that in place, similar to whenever Heavy Storm goes to 0, Giant Trunade comes to 1.

Now while Brain Control is similar, the fact that it can't target face-down cards gives Mind Control an edge in an era of Sychros/Xyz being the #1 priority. The reason I could support Brain Control coming to 1 (because realistically, it is worse than Mind Control at this point) is that it might encourage Tribute Summoning to some extent one way or the other.  

Obviously, I'm expecting to get flamed for this by the majority of people who aren't going to take the time to consider that there is some merit in switching the two, at least as a balancing factor because Mind Control virtually has no cost and no restrictions (let's be honest, those restrictions are irrelevant), and at least Brain Control has outs, in that you can't always topdeck it and make it live.

I think it encourages Tributes to an extent, too.  With how far the game has come, I can't see cards like Monarchs/etc being "too strong" by getting the boost that Brain Control would offer.

Whatever, just something I've found interesting amongst conversation.  Figured I'd see what the playerbase over here thinks of it.

If heavy does gets banned, I'm probably quitting yugioh (for now). I have already had it up to here with stall decks, exodia decks, and burn decks. Stall decks and burn decks will become tier 1 without the psychological warfare that heavy provides.

The same also applies if rescue rabbit gets limited and rota gets banned, but those are unlikely.

If heavy does gets banned, I'm probably quitting yugioh (for now). I have already had it up to here with stall decks, exodia decks, and burn decks. Stall decks and burn decks will become tier 1 without the psychological warfare that heavy provides.

The same also applies if rescue rabbit gets limited and rota gets banned, but those are unlikely.

Stall decks should not be setting 4-5 then passing...

It's that Snake right? The one who usually somewhat reliably leaks stuffs? Still a bit skeptical about the list, but at least i recognize the leaker. Anything about the rule change? Anyway, I like the list except the 2 gorzs and weak mermail hit. Also, sad Rank 3 firefist is sad.

The rule change is that apparently Traditional Format will be becoming an actual thing in tournaments or something.

<<< "Following is short hand bullshit, so fuck me, my eyes hurt:
Also the Deck Construction Rule: Looks like Japan is making Traditional a viable official format there called "No Limit Duel".

Also something about Age limits for Asia being even more finely separated. (Basically more age levels.)

As well supposedly the date for Forbidden and Limited List changes for the OCG at least, will be changed. " >>>

to quote

ah, that'll great. Anyway, aside from that, there's been whispers around a fire formation being semi'd(quoting NeoArk) floating around in 2ch. He also said that don't bank everything on this list though, since the 'Snake' person is not verified to be the reliable Snake. Also on topic, Konami apparently hated WIND so very much with the hits(If the list is true).

ah, that'll great. Anyway, aside from that, there's been whispers around a fire formation being semi'd(quoting NeoArk) floating around in 2ch. He also said that don't bank everything on this list though, since the 'Snake' person is not verified to be the reliable Snake. Also on topic, Konami apparently hated WIND so very much with the hits(If the list is true).

They didn't hate WIND. They hated Harpie FTK.

Archived