Yu-Gi-Oh! The Five Dragons [5D's Remake RP|Started|Accepting|PG-13|IC]

Kirkmond's attention returned to Samuel, and a small thought passed at the back of his mind: "He has very good hearing."

Taking a quick zone check, his eyes cast to one of the snake enclosures. The snake in there was a dangerous sort, known in Australia as a King Brown Snake; it reared its head and hissed a little as Kirkmond invaded its terrarium, but begrudgingly moved aside to reveal a small vial tucked away in its coils. The vial was removed and the snake returned to sleeping.

Kirkmond speed read the vial, and nodded in satisfaction. "This is the one."

He tucked it into his coat pocket as he idled through a tray of needles, until he found one with a needle like syringe; it was a favourite of his, the diamond shaft syringe he had bought. Cost a pretty penny for the ten set, but the damn things could pierce a rhino's hide. He fondled through some of the chemicals on his deck, until he found a jar of clear solution. Forefinger and thumb josstled the lid off, and he stuck the syringe into the liquid. It bubbled and hissed loudly, and he removed it. The vial was taken from his pocket and situated into a holder.

The cap was popped off, and he drew the tiniest amount of the clear yellow fluid. It was just above a milliliter in sample size. Also from the bench he grabbed a swab that had been resting in another clear fluid. He flicked the needle twice as he approached the prone Samuel. "Now, this will feel somewhat unsettling to you Samuel. This solution will aid you to sleep, but you won't dream and it will knock you out for two hours, at least. So remember this when you wake: Try not to freak out, as you will feel like you woke up after being asleep for a day. Not that that matters of course" he said clinically.

He held the needle above Samuel, and was stymied. There was so much fur, where could he even place the needle. He hesitantly brought it near his shoulder, but retracted the move. He groaned in annoyance as he instead aimed for the neck. He brushed the light layer of fur away and dabbed the area with the swab. He kept his hand steady as the needle gently pierced the skin. The plunger plunged and he removed the needle.

As soon as he removed the needle, Samuel was already under. Kirkmond retreated to the bench and dipped the needle into the clear liquid, and left it there as he flicked the swab into one of the many bins. He stared into Naoya's questioning look. "I'm not one to kiss and tell about some thing I have done Naoya, but I suppose I should explain about the, 'security'" he said as he held up the vial.

"This was created when I worked with, well, I wont divulge the name of my rather shady business partners. In any case, this chemical came before Venom, but was never sold. This was dubbed as Lifeless Sleep; it's a neurotoxin from the blue-ringed octopus, and it shuts your brain off. A mere milliliter of it is enough to knock you out for two hours. Your body still functions perfectly, but you simply won't dream or think. If your body didn't automatically breath most people would think you were dead. Too high a dose will kill you since after four hours you'll become brain dead. Negligence from doctors and my assistant is what prevented this from becoming widespread. A pity, it was my first real success. Ah, success, how nice that will work. Though, that reminds me..."

He took another of the diamond shafts, this one was outfitted with a long vial. He sterilized it like the first one, and jabbed it into Samuel's arm, knowing he couldn't feel a thing. Samuel's dark red blood was drawn into the vial, and he removed it. The vial easily popped out of the syringe and he inspected it closely. "I probably won't find what I'm looking for, the dose was too low anyways. But I don't think it would hurt to inspect his blood. It would be the first step in solving what it is the Seraph Organization even did to him. I think it would be a nice little journey."

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miranda glared at Angelica as she approached her, not really caring for her passive-aggressive bull. She had no idea why some people thought it would be perfectly fine to disguise their anger and loathing of a person as being nice when they were clearly doing it through their teeth. "Cut the crap, Angelica." She replied, still locked intently on the traffic cop. "We both know you hate me, and we both know I don't care that you and half the department want me strung up for not being the most pleasant member of the PSMB. It's only because of that incident last week that PR finally got it through the chain of command that I should have a rookie saddled with me to make me think twice about my actions. I'm just happy that this was the alternative to having to give up my badge." She then turned to see a young man not completely comfortable with his uniform walk in, heading towards her. "And speak of the devil, there he is. About time." She got up and put on her aviators that were hanging from her jacket. When she hard his schpeal, she looked him over and sighed heavily. "Fair enough. I'm Sergeant Miranda Katsuya, and that sorry excuse for a patrol cop is Angelica Akihiro." Interestingly, there was not a hint of playfulness in that statement. "However, you are to call me Sir. Not Ma'am. Sir. Got it, kid?"

Hettie gave a soft smile at her subordinate. William, while very formal and proper, was always one to get things done. She withdrew a series of envelopes from her robes and slid them across the table towards him, not failing to have them reach his side of the table. She knew, with her foresight, how much force she needed to put behind them. "Written on the envelopes are the locations of the recipients at the times specified. If all works out, you should be able to give these invitations out in person, if you plan your route carefully. That will be all for today. I need to conserve my strength for tonight. Every step from here on out cannot fail."

She then turned to see a young man not completely comfortable with his uniform walk in, heading towards her. "And speak of the devil, there he is. About time." She got up and put on her aviators that were hanging from her jacket. When she hard his schpeal, she looked him over and sighed heavily. "Fair enough. I'm Sergeant Miranda Katsuya, and that sorry excuse for a patrol cop is Angelica Akihiro." Interestingly, there was not a hint of playfulness in that statement. "However, you are to call me Sir. Not Ma'am. Sir. Got it, kid?"

"Understood, Sir." Dante said, a bit unused to call someone like her 'Sir', but then again, this was Neo Domino...so go figure. "Sgt. Katsuya, a pleasure to meet you. So, um...what am I supposed to be doing right now? Your one Co-Worker, the same one making me late, didn't really tell me what would be happening when I got here, so right now I'm sort of lost."

He wished he was joking, but unfortunately, he wasn't. Dante only knew to meet Katsuya and that was about it. Well...if the guy never told me anything...it might be one of the easy sorts of first days...ah who am I kidding? With me...there's nothing easy. he thought, as he place his hands into his pockets.

Pushing the cart such was a long distance appeared to be taking their toll on the trio, so much so, they had to alternate every so often so that those who weren't pushing the cart could conserve their strength for the next shift. "I knew we should've eaten more for breakfast this morning." Steve said making small talk as he was currently pushing the cart as they were making good progress towards their hideout albeit they had to take a different route because they had the cart with them.

Eventually the trio had returned to their hideout, and upon their re-arrival they noticed another pile of D-Wheel parts piled next to their garage which confused the trio. "What do we have here?" Silver asked whilst Steve walked up to the parts and read the note attached.
"Don't worry, it's from Chris. Y'know from our old hideout?" Steve said as he and Kyle helped load the parts into the garage whilst Silver pushed the cart inside as well. "We've got to hand it to Chris though, with these parts and the parts that we liberated, you'll be able to complete work on your D-Wheel sooner than expected."

"Most definitely." Silver replied as he fetched his tools so that he could start work on the D-Wheel whilst in semi-deep thought. "Steve, who told you about the Marketers' auction?"
"It was Chris who told me about it. He also said that he stopped by the hideout when we were battling the Wingbeats so that he could get a good idea of what parts we needed to finish the D-Wheel." Steve replied as he grabbed three polystyrene cups and proceeded to pour some coffees.

"And before you ask Silver, I asked Chris to stop by and check in on your pet project before we left to battle the Wingbeats." Kyle said before Silver had a chance to respond, and even though it looked like Silver was too busy working on his D-Wheel, he was listening to what the other guys were saying. "I'll have to thank Chris when this is done then." Silver replied rotating the nuts with his spanner. "In the meantime, finishing this D-Wheel is my top priority."

"Talk...? I didn't know they talked to us, the only time mine spoke to me was when I was revived..." Claudia had a puzzled look on her face, did the monsters really talk to people...?

She supposed it wasn't that outlandish, after all she saw dead people. 

"I'm sure it could use him. He's got tunnel vision, I'm sure anybody could use his emotional instability to their advantage..." Claudia pondered for a moment, "though if the God really is using him, we would have to wonder what exactly it has to gain by doing so. I mean why would it bring back a vessel that could become so useless so easily...?" 

Claudia wondered briefly whether her Earthbound God was controlling her, and realized that if it was she honestly didn't care. As long as it meant living out the life she'd had taken away it was fine by her. 

"Oh, thank you," Claudia was pulled out of her thoughts by Lucas handing her the mystery drink calling concentrate something or the other, sipping it hesitantly at first Claudia found herself quite fond of the sweet tasting drink, "mmm, so good!" Claudia's voice rose into a high childish tone, erasing the contemplative, and adult one from a moment ago. 

"You I wonder exactly what we're supposed to be doing," Claudia remarked towards Lucas' question,"I suppose we could go cause havoc above ground. That's always fun right?"

Angelica rolled her eyes subtley as Miranda went off, even though it was her attitude that pretty much landed this scrub who had just approached in the first place. "You really do say some strange things sometimes Miranda. Of course everyone doesn't hate you, they just think you're misunderstood. Though that doesn't mean you attitude couldn't use a little fixing up" she remarked off-handedly whilst Miranda sir was pre-occupied with the kid.

Angelica looked him up and down whilst repressing the need to spit. So this was the little scrub who dueled his way onto the police circuit. Typical Satellite types; why couldn't they just stay there and stop being nuisances all the time? Though that's not to say they're bad, it would just be best if they stopped trying to rise above their station in life. "So you're the kid who dueled his way into our league huh? i heard about your duel from one of the clerks. So tell me, what pro duelist did you have to raid to get your hands on a rare deck like the Flaming Stars anyways?" she said quite harshly.

All they needed to do was be in a dark room and she would be practically interogating the poor kid.

Angelica rolled her eyes subtley as Miranda went off, even though it was her attitude that pretty much landed this scrub who had just approached in the first place. "You really do say some strange things sometimes Miranda. Of course everyone doesn't hate you, they just think you're misunderstood. Though that doesn't mean you attitude couldn't use a little fixing up" she remarked off-handedly whilst Miranda sir was pre-occupied with the kid.

Angelica looked him up and down whilst repressing the need to spit. So this was the little scrub who dueled his way onto the police circuit. Typical Satellite types; why couldn't they just stay there and stop being nuisances all the time? Though that's not to say they're bad, it would just be best if they stopped trying to rise above their station in life. "So you're the kid who dueled his way into our league huh? i heard about your duel from one of the clerks. So tell me, what pro duelist did you have to raid to get your hands on a rare deck like the Flaming Stars anyways?" she said quite harshly.

All they needed to do was be in a dark room and she would be practically interrogating the poor kid.

"So you're the kid who dueled his way into our league huh? i heard about your duel from one of the clerks. So tell me, what pro duelist did you have to raid to get your hands on a rare deck like the Flaming Stars anyways?"

While waiting for Miranda to answer back, Dante heard Angelica speak...and that set of sentences...pushed him over. "Raid? There was no raid." he said, clenching his fists a bit, as they were removed from his pockets. "If you would look up on history...you would understand that my father was John Arc, the Fire Stars Pro-Duelist! Ya wanna know what happened, miss? That damn accident happen...I lost both him AND my mother that day. I found out in a letter he wrote back before that day that he was handing his Pro-Dueling deck down to me." Dante looked up at Angelica and shook his head, running a hand through his head. "Well your the same as all the other Neo Domino citizens...label me a thief JUST because I lived in the Satellite. Next time...get your facts straight before you go off and assume something like that!"

With that, Dante cooled his temper, as he placed his hands back in his pockets, his gaze moving away from the two.

Angelica remained passive as the kid blasted his think pan, he was pretty oversensitive, clearly not ready for the beat yet. "Relax, I was joking, somewhat. We all know who you are kid. During our break last week we all read your little case file and one of the clerks found an article about the accident. We know everything when it comes to you, kid. But you should save your anger when you're not on duty. You can't be emotional like that on the beat otherwise is paints a very poor picture for the Bureau. How are you going to take down perps when you're too busy crying alongside the grieving family? You've got a long way to go before you can even call yourself Security kid, and it'll take more than one lucky break to do that" she said harshly.

She brushed her fingers through her hair, and they got stuck on one of her many tangles. She pushed and forced at it until they swept through, but many of the tangled hairs were stuck to her fingers. She shook them off vigorously as she checked the time. "Well, my break's over. Teach that kid well Miranda, having scrubs calling themselves security won't do well for our PR" she said and walked off.

After a few steps, she paused and looked back to Dante. "Oh fyi, I'm not like others from here. I'm fine with Satellite people so long as they stop trying to rise up all the time. They're in the slums, big deal; make something of it. And forgive me for saying Satellite residents are thieves, but, let's face, we dumped them from Neo Domino like the convicts they were" she added, then made her big exit behind a rather rotound riding cop.

• 2 weeks later...

Naoya nodded, allowing Kirkmond to proceed with his experiments. "Very well, I suppose I should take my leave so you may focus on your experiments. However, contact me within two hours, or if Samuel wakes up, whichever comes first. If the Seraphs truly left some research notes behind, I would very much like to see them. Samuel would lead the way, and you will accompany me, as you will be the one who will need the notes after all. Of course, going to Satellite could be rather dangerous. Maybe would get a number of people to assist us, but not too much, since we shouldn't attract attention." With that, Naoya took back his coffee mug and headed for the door.

[hr]
Solasiro grinned, happy that the girl was gaining a hint of intelligence by asking what would happen after everyone finished what they still needed to do. Unfortunately, the older gentleman seemed rather bored, and in desperate need to move elsewhere. "Alas, our leader has chosen not to appear to us, so it seems that we have to spend more time together chatting until then. Yes, yes, hold your applause. Now then, we will need a way to keep Tetsuya on our side even after his revenge is fulfilled, provided that doing so will not immediately allow his Earthbound God to abandon him." Solasiro made his own way to the bar and snatched a bottle of vodka. Forcing the bottle open, Solasiro look a loud sip of the drink, but snarled, finding the taste better. "I see some of these drinks simply do not age well in here."

[hr]
Alice was spinning around looking up at the sky, humming to herself, not paying any mind to the people who just looked at her like was insane. However, she stopped as soon as she heard police sirens, and Alice could see a crowd of people heading in the direction the sirens were coming from. However, she had to stand on the tip of her toes to see over the people, but as soon as she did, she saw the Public Security Maintenance Bureau surrounding a bus, with some officers taking the bus driver into custody. People were starting to scream horribly, and as they ran off, Alice took a step forward, but she was horrified as she approached, because all she saw was a man stuck under the front tire of the bus. One of the officers told one of his comrades to get the people to back up, but Alice couldn't bear to see a poor man so brutally slaughtered, so she turned away and ran.

Alice was regretting taking a walk, thinking that nothing would happen. Seeing a man crushed like that, it was too terrible to look at. She took out her deck, looking through her cards. "I wonder… Could I save that man with my powers?"

Archived