Yu-Gi-Oh! The Five Dragons [5D's Remake RP|Started|Accepting|PG-13|IC]

Claudia laughed at the nickname Lucas gave Solariso, and decided that she might have a bit of fun with uptight Wolf Dark Signer. 

"Why should we spare a moment of our precious time, when the only reason you decided to pester us with your presence was to insult us, and send another member into a childish fit?" Claudia gave Solariso a snarky look, only just starting her barrage of caustic remarks, "in my own opinion would you really need is to get yourself a proper set of manners, and learn how to not be a self-absorbed primadonna."

Rising up from her chair Claudia strode over to Solariso with a hard look, not one you'd expect to see on a ten-year old, but a mother about to give her children a lecture for trying to take from the cookie jar before dinner.

"You come in here with only the intention of insulting us, yet you demand respect and kindness in return... do you have any idea how idiotic that sounds? Of course you don't, or else you wouldn't be doing it," Claudia was no poking her finger into Solariso's chest inflecting her voice every time, "you know as stupid as all hell it sounds if you had any form of proper education... no... any form of remotely proper upbringing you would know that that little thing called the Golden Rule does actually apply to real life."

Turning her back on her fellow Dark Signer, Claudia crossed her arms and returned to her seat.

"Now until you rethink your attitude consider this a norm for how all of our interactions will be."

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Freud called the Arcadia Movement, the first thing he heard was the nasally voice of a woman saying, "Hello, you've reached the Arcadia Movement. How can I help you?"

As Alice walked around, she couldn't help but hold back a smile at the secretary's voice, although the secretary gave a quick glare at her, knowing why Alice was so amused. The young girl continued on her way, taking out her deck and looking through the cards. It was boring being cramped up in this building, and Alice needed some fresh air. As she approached the door, two guards looked at her, each of them knowing where she was going.

"Another stroll as usual, Alice?" one of them asked. Alice didn't say a word, simply smiling and nodding her head. The guards sighed and open the doors. "Have fun."

Alice stepped outside, the guards closing the doors behind her. She took a deep breath, ready for what could happen that day. In fact, she almost felt like singing.

[hr]
Solasiro patted Claudia on the head. "Ah, it's adorable that youth believes it has an idea of how the real world works. The way I see it, I'm older than you, so you listen to me, got it?" He turned to Lucas and shrugged. "Of course, I suppose the same can't apply to you. As for Tetsuya, he has his own little personal problems that he must deal with. I may or may not have killed someone he bears a grudge against. Is our dear Tetsuya going on a wild goose chase, or shall he have the revenge that he so richly deserves? It is clear to me that his desire to deal out the justice he seeks is what causes him to be a Dark Signer, but what then? Presume that he finds the man and kills him with his own two hands? What could Tetsuya possibly want then? Would his Earthbound God have a further use for him?"

Freud let out a sigh of pure annoyance as soon as his call was answered. "Danke. I feel like I've been waiting for DAYS to get an answer. I'm surprised at the ease with which you tell people this is the Arcadia Movement. I thought you were supposed to have some level of secrecy in your affairs... guess not.

Ahem. I was contacted by a certain Herr Kirkmond a whiles back. He said he was willing to get me involved in your activities without much of a ruckus. I've been told your boss is a little... picky with his staff choices."

"Nah, we take our business very seriously here. If Mr. Troy gave you a number, he must be inviting you to the Movement. I'll contact Mr. Okudaira and see what he has to say. Please hold."

Before Naoya could receive a response from Kirkmond or Samuel, his cell phone rang. "Yes, Ms. Brant?

"Some guy is trying to get in contact with the Movement. Says that Mr. Troy invited him."

"Did you get a name?" There was a moment of silence, and Naoya's call was dropped. "Of course. Excuse me, Kirkmond, it would appear that someone you've invited to the Movement seeks to join our numbers."

Miss Brant called back Freud. "Yes, I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name. Who is this I'm speaking with?"

"Freud Garrison, madam. Now as you may understand, I am not exactly in a position to talk right now. Tell Herr Kirkmond to contact me to this number, which I hope for my well-being and your own has already been registered to your databases. I must be on my way now. Once again, thank you and good day."

Freud ended the call and swept his phone into one of the coat's pockets and calmly strode down the street. He was in no actual hurry, but he trusted the Arcadia had a good database. Otherwise, there would be no point in even trying to work with them.

Plus, that woman's voice was really quickly getting on his nerves.

Freud took a moment to admire his surroundings. Not much to admire at all, just a card game highway and a lot of avant-garde architecture. He wasn't a buildings man himself, otherwise he may have found some consolation to the even now overwhelming presence of card games in everything.

Oh how he wished he had a nuke.

Kirkmond looked up from Samuel to stare Naoya in the eyes. "I invited someone? Hmm, let me see."

He brushed a lone index finger to his chin as he eyes slowly swung from left to right and then back again. Just as he closed his eyes they snapped open and he too snapped his fingers as all do when they've remembered something important. "Ah yes, now I remember. It's an invitation I gave him a year or so ago now. He is an acquaintance, by the name of Freud Garrison. We met when we both went to university, though I was but a junior and he was studying a second degree. We resonated quite well despite a gap of ten years. Though sadly we lost contact for quite some time until I heard of his exploits back in Europe. Naturally hoping we still shared the comraderie, I invited him to join us as, though he will not be of much use towards the Dueling or Psionic front, the man is an extraordinarily shrewd business man. I felt his tact could be useful in earning secondary funds by utilization of stock markets and, ahem *coughs* underhanded methods" he explained, though his hand muffled that last part.

His gaze was cast away to a vacant wall for a brief moment. "Though why he took so long to reply is a mystery it seems I will soon resolve."

Samuel gave a once-over glance at the projection of the sword before him, then a brief glance at Kirkmond.  For about a split second, Sam raised an eyebrow as he flashed a cocky grin, as if to say, "Really?  Is it possible to give me something easier?"  Almost in a blur, Samuel swiped a hand toward the holographic projection, which solidified just as his palm was mere centimeters away from the grip of the sword.  Just as quickly, Samuel swung the sword toward the mannequin further away; there was a sound of a slash, but for a handful of seconds, nothing seemed to have happened to the mannequin.

"... hm?  That's odd," Samuel mused to himself, looking down at the Sword of Dark Destruction in his grip, then back at the mannequin.  As he pondered what could have gone wrong, Sam absentmindedly rapped the handle of the sword with his knuckle.  He jumped in surprise as a diagonal line of dark-colored flames erupted across the mannequin's torso, then the top half began to slowly slide off, falling to the floor with a dull thud.

"Heh, so that's 'ow it works, I guess," Sam uttered with a confident grin as he dismissed the sword from his grasp.  "How's that strike yor fancy, doctor? Good enough test for yer?"  He frowned somewhat as Doctor Kirkmond proceeded to ramble on about some random acquaintance of his who had just called.  "Wot, so some bloke is tryin' ter join our wee, err... "happy family", eh?"

The sound of slicing alerted Kirkmond to the fact Samuel had made his assault on the mannequin, but he grew sad when there was no visible damage to the thing. "That's odd" he thought as Samuel tapped the sword.

The bright flames reflected of the silver frames, and Kirkmond smiled in satisfaction. "Excellent Samuel. Seems my prediction regarding your rather powerful psionics was well placed. Though, that is just mere equip spells. How about we see if you can manifest actual monsters" Kirkmond suggested.

He moved briskly to his desk, though cast a quick look to the closest clock. "Five minutes, just enough time" he thought as he rifled through the drawers.

They were filled with papers full of figures, chemical signs and notes both old and new. He swapped to another drawer and it was much the same, filled with notes and whatnot. "That assistant was supposed to be organizing these."

In the last drawer was the prize. A small tin box that rattled lightly as he claimed it and wrenched the lid off. It was full of older model trading cards, clearly not in use in this day and age. A gentle index finger plumbed each card, until the hero was selected and withdrawn. Grabbing a spare duel disk from one of the shelves, Kirkmond then presented both to Samuel. "If you feel up to it Samuel, I want you to manifest this copy of Kuriboh and then interact with it" he said, holding both items out to the wolfman.

Untitled04_zps858a8d60.png

Outside the Dark Signer HQ, Tetsuya continued his relentless search for the intruder, but to no avail... not yet. Although the guy proved to be rather elusive, obviously trying his damned hardest not to be found. But Tetsuya's determination was unparalleled at this point.

"Where the hell is he?" he wondered aloud, "Obviously not in the bottom end of town or I'd have found him already,"

"Perhaps you're being paranoid," suggested Rorccon, "I sense thousands of souls around this region, but not a single one of them stands out."

"He can't just leave!" Tetsuya said adamantly"He's gotta be up in the Tops, I'm sure of it,"

"Fine; if it'll aid you, I can focus on each soul individually," replied Rorccon, "But I still reckon you're setting yourself up to be greatly disheartened."

Tetsuya, however, was having none of it. He immediately move closer and closer to the Tops during his search.

Dan draws for his first turn. "First of all, I activate Card Loan, which means you draw 2 cards now, but bare in mind that it is a loan so you will be expected to pay back 2 cards, and that will be on your 3rd standby phase and if you can't pay back the loan, you will take 1000 damage." Silver draws 2 cards knowing that he has to be careful from now on.

"Next, I'll summon The Nefarious Loan Shark (ATK: 1500) and whenever you would take effect damage, the damage is doubled. I'll then place 3 cards face down and it's your turn."

Silver took a few moments to collect his thoughts and he gave a few deep breaths before taking his draw. "I bet his face downs are a combination of cards to protect his Loan Shark and cards to mess with my hand count." As he looked to his hand, he knew he had to finish this quickly.

"Firstly, I'll summon my Eradjinn Dagger-Daemon (ATK: 1000) and with his effect I get to destroy your Loan Shark..." Silver spouted with such confidence.
"Not so fast, with the effect of my Forbidden Holy Garment, by lowering my monsters' ATK by 600 he isn't destroyed by your effect." Dan responded, (ATK: 1500 -> 900) however even though it left his monster weaker than Silver's, he would still be able to protect his card.

"In that case, since I control an Eradjinn monster, I can summon Axe-Daemon (ATK: 1600), and then I attack your Loan Shark with it!"
"My Loan Shark isn't going anywhere, not with my Safety Zone which protects my monster from destruction, but the same can't be said for my life points." (Dan LP: 4000 -> 3300) Silver's Dagger-Daemon also attacks (Dan LP: 3300 -> 3200)
"I'll then place 2 cards face down and end my turn."

Dan draws for his turn and swiftly turns to his colleagues and then tells them to keep an eye on Kyle and Steve because he thought that they might be up to no good on the sidelines. "I activate Scales of Balance, and since you have more cards in your hand than me, then I get to draw cards until we have the same amount, so I get to draw 3 cards." He was happy with the cards he drew, but he didn't want to drop any hints to his opponent.

"Now I summon The Nefarious Shadow Beast (ATK: 1800), and with its effect, by dropping 1 card in my hand you have to discard 1 card." A disgruntled Silver sent another card from his hand to the grave lowering his hand count to 3. "Oh and since I discarded The Nefarious Arm, you have to discard another card!" The thought of discarding yet another card annoyed Silver even further especially since he only has 2 card left in his hand.

"Get that Dagger-Daemon out of here Loan Shark!" Dan called as the Loan Shark destroyed Dagger Daemon (Silver LP: 4000 -> 3500). "And now..."

"Not so fast, since you destroyed an Eradjinn monster, I activate Power of Eradication which gives my Axe-Daemon 800 ATK (ATK: 1600 -> 2400)." Silver said interrupting Dan's move.

"You'll pay for that little stunt. In fact, you'll be paying with your cards, as it's time to pay back that loan with this trap card, Fire Clock of Fate. This card moves the turn count forward by 1 turn so that means on your next turn, you'll be discarding 2 cards." Dan said trying to hide his smile, and with that Dan ends his turn with a face-down.

As Silver's turn came around, he had to decide which 2 cards he would discard for Card Loan's effect. When he made his choice, he was able to begin his turn.

[spoiler=Cards used]

Card Loan
Spell
Your opponent draws 2 cards. During your opponent's 3rd standby phase after this cards' activation; your opponent must discard 2 cards. If they cannot, they take 1000 damage.

The Nefarious Loan Shark
DARK/*4/Fiend/Effect
Whenever your opponent would take effect damage; your opponent takes twice the effect damage instead. You can only control 1 face-up "The Nefarious Loan Shark"
1500/1200

The Nefarious Shadow Beast

DARK/*4/Fiend/Effect

Once per turn: you can discard 1 card from your hand; your opponent discards 1 card.

1800/1100

The Nefarious Arm

DARK/*1/Effect

If this card is sent from your hand to the Graveyard by a card effect; your opponent discards 1 card

0/0

Scales of Balance

Spell

If your opponent has more cards in their hand than you do; you can draw cards until you have the same amount of cards in your hand as your opponent.

--

Eradjinn Dagger-Daemon
FIRE/*3/Fiend/Effect
Once per turn: you can target 1 card on the field; destroy that target, then draw 1 card.
1000/700

Eradjinn Axe-Daemon
FIRE/*4/Fiend/Effect
If you control a face-up "Eradjinn" monster: you can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this face-up card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard: target 1 card on the field; destroy that target.
1600/1200

Power of Eradication
Spell/Quick-Play
If a face-up "Eradjinn" monster you control would be destroyed: you can target 1 other "Eradjinn" monster you control; it gains 800 ATK until the End Phase.

[/spoiler]

Up in the towering reaches of the Neo Domino Administrative Building, a very sparse and spartan office resided across from the primary control center. Consisting of a typical Japanese dojo-like series of furnishing with a set of cushions around a wooden table, this office had, at the head of its table, a woman clad entirely in white robes with white hair spilling from either side of her fair skin. A hood was drawn up over her head, concealing the blindfold around her eyes. She was in front of a deck of Duel Monsters, and going through a ritualistic drawing and reading of the cards, though the names and text of these cards were in Braille. In front of her was, from right to left, Arcana Force XI - Justice in Attack Position, Arcana Force III - The Empress in Attack Position, and Arcana Force X - Wheel of Fortune in Defense Position. She "looked" over the cards and turned to William, who had been patiently awaiting her reading to be completed, before raising her head as if to face him. "Tomorrow appears to be rather interesting based on this forecast." She told him in a soft, subdued voice. "Justice in the Past represents the balance between Satellite's corruption and our forces keeping them at bay. The Empress in the Present shows us that we are about to make a decision. However...the Wheel of Fortune inverted...this troubles me. When I have sought my deck for information about the Fortune Cup before, Fortune was always present, and always normal...My own foresight abilities might be able to see what this means later today, but we must send out the special invitations. The Fortune Cup will gather together the Signers, so we can finally upset this perpetual lock once and for all. Is this clear, William?"

Meanwhile, downstairs in the bustling ground floor where members of the Public Security Maintenance Bureau, be them officers, file clerks, dispatchers, or anyone else who might work in the massive tower at the center of the city, a woman in a dark-grey jacket with a red scarf tucked around her neck and a silver helmet resting near her waited on a bench, her blonde hair allowed to be free from her head as she glared angrily at the doors on the other side of the lobby. The new recruit assigned to her, this "Dante Arc" was supposed to report to her minutes ago, and he hadn't shown up! And from what she had heard, he was supposed to be promising, too. Maybe she should be hard on him this first day, to acclimate him to the difficulties of his new job.

"I activate my face down, Call of the Living Dead which allows me to revive my Needle-Daemon (ATK: 500), and..."

"Nice try, but with my Cyclone I'll blow away your trap which will destroy it and your monster." As the cyclone destroyed Silver's trap, thanks to Needle-Daemon's effect since it was destroyed, Silver gets to draw a card.

"Well this is all too convenient, I'll just summon another one, and then I'll tune my level 2 Needle-Daemon with my level 4 Axe-Daemon. When two becomes one, that one will eradicate those who try to escape his wrath, I synchro summon Eradjinn, Gauntlet-Daemon (ATK: 2600)." As Gauntlet-Daemon descended onto the field, with a swing of his right arm, another Axe-Daemon was called onto the field.

"Then with Gauntlet's effect, I destroy Axe-Daemon and your Shadow Beast!" Putting his arm to the sky, Gauntlet-Daemon let out a lightning bolt which split in two destroying Axe-Daemon and The Nefarious Shadow Beast. "And don't think your Loan Shark is exempt from the destruction either, because when Axe-Daemon is destroyed due to a card effect, he gets to take one card on the field with him so I'll get rid of that pesky Safety Zone which will destroy your Loan Shark when it's destroyed."

"Now Gauntlet-Daemon, strike his life points!" (Dan LP: 3200 -> 600) "And with that I end my turn."

Dan draws for his turn and he assumed that if he got Silver to discard the last card left in his hand then he would have a shot at winning the duel and disbanding the Warriors, but would it be so easy for him? "With my Earth Crush, I'll destroy your Gauntlet Daemon, and then I summon my The Nefarious Shadow Rogue (ATK: 1800) who will attack your life points!" When the Rogue struck Silver (Silver LP: 3500 -> 1700), he extended his arm to discard the last card in the now annoyed Silver's hand. Dan promptly ends his turn, but not before delivering some final trash talking to his opponent. "How does it feel to be one-step closer to having your gang disbanded."

Silver tried to remain calm by giving some deep breaths before taking his turn. "Our gang won't be disbanding and I'll prove it to you with this!" Drawing the card, he slowly turns his gaze towards it hoping it would be the one card that would save him from defeat. "Perfect. I activate my Resurrection of the Dead which will revive my Gauntlet-Daemon which I'll use to destroy your monster and the rest of your life points." (Dan LP: 600 -> 0)

Now that the duel had finished, Silver walked up to Dan and said to him. "A deal is a deal, I won so hand over those-" But before he was able to finish his sentence, Dan shoved Silver onto the floor and gave a command to his colleagues. "Grab the stuff and SCARPER!" Acting on his command, the other members of the marketers headed towards the D-Wheel parts. "Now guys!" Silver shouted as Kyle and Steve got out their handcuffs and threw them at the Marketers' duel disks and Silver did the same to Dan's so that none of them could get away, and to further make sure that they didn't get away, the three of them tied their end of the handcuffs to metal poles and planted them in the ground.

"You think we didn't see that coming?" Silver smugly said seeing as he figured that the Marketers would go back on their deal. Eyeing a cart situated near the D-Wheel parts, Silver turned to Kyle and Steve and nodded giving them the order to pack said cart with the D-Wheels. "Now, we're going to take these D-Wheel parts as per your end of the bargain, and that cart is going with us. You got a problem with that?" The Marketers' said nothing seeing as whatever they said, Silver was going to take the parts anyway.

Loading the D-Wheel parts onto the cart, Silver and the guys bid farewell to this place and they done so with their heads held high knowing that another duel gang had fallen to their hands. "Well, with these parts, I should be able to complete work on my D-Wheel fairly soon." Silver said as they headed back to their hideout.

[spoiler=Cards used]

Eradjinn Gauntlet-Daemon
FIRE/*6/Fiend/Synchro/Effect
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Eradjinn" monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned; you can Special Summon 1 "Eradjinn" monster from your Deck in defence position. Once per turn: you can target 1 "Eradjinn" monster you control and 1 card your opponent controls; destroy those targets.
2600/1700

Eradjinn, Needle-Daemon
FIRE/*2/Fiend/Tuner
When this face-up card on the field is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the graveyard; you can draw 1 card.
500/500

--

The Nefarious Shadow Rogue

DARK/*4/Fiend/Effect

If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent; your opponent discards 1 card.

1800/900

[/spoiler]

The whir of the D-Wheels, the long widning roads of Neo Domino. That was the life, true life. The people in those tall buildings, those who lived in complacency and gluttony, what life was that? A safe one, ensured by those who would give theirs to ensure it remained that way. Rogues patrolled the byways, the highways and the underways; all of them seeking to feed on the unsuspecting populace. But those rogues would find their teeth to weak too chew upon the feeble civilians once they had been kicked in. Tasteful analogy no?

Angelica had been patrolling since early morning, and things had remained quiet; a pity really, things had been way too quiet, and she really needed to put her boot through someone's face.

Feeling completely dissatisfied, her duel runner returned her to the garage used as a storage for all security duel runners. The whir toned down and the machine went silent as she dismounted; her noble steed needed to rest.

The tight goggles were pinched from her face and placed back on top of her hat; though her eyes squinted at the sudden difference in light. She groaned in annoyance as she averted her eyes all the way through the garage and to the locker rooms. And like the garage she merely drifted through like a blonde cloud, which reminded her. She gave her- well, you can't really call her current hairstyle a bird's nest. Compared to her hair a bird's nest is a luxury estate. But whatever the look was, she gave it a quick shake just to free it up a bit.

One of the juniors gave her a sudden wave, and she merely nodded and grunted like an animal. The junior seemed hurt, but he'd get over it.

The locker became a distant memory as she entered the ground floor foyer-like area. People were running about like ants, and she gave a dark look to a pen pusher who almost bumped into her. Her eyes were more adjusted now, and adjust they did onto a certain key figure standing in the center of the room: It was that cow Miranda. What a joke that woman was; probably psychotic too. Though it's typical of the road runners who use Fiend types.

Angelica never saw the point in those brutes, Fairies were much more practical choice to signify that the PSMB stoof for goodness; Fiends just didn't give a good image. Well, deck choices aside, she is a superior officer, may as well show her respect, though little she probably deserves. "So" she began (the facade). "I hear you got reassigned to that newbie who dueled his way into our league. That's gotta be pretty rough, since I suspect you won't be doing much patrolling when you gotta look after the kid with the training wheels. Oh well, couldn't have happened to a more deserving person really" she remarked.

If she was attempting to hide the malice females clearly show for each other, she was doing it extremelly poorly.

Naruto Shippuden OST ~ Hyouhaku

Dante rode the cab he hailed to the PSMB building, though he was still impressed with Neo Domino. The clothes that he was given by the PSMB duelist and even the apartment room too...he had to admit it, the people in Neo Domino had it made.

"I'm going to have a hard time to adjust to this new way of living." Dante murmured to himself, as he turned around to look out the cab's window, seeing the faint glint of the Satellite on the horizon. A small sigh escaped his lips, as he placed his hand in his pocket. So much different from the Satellite...can't say it isn't. Though...I'm not going to just forget my roots like that, I did make a promise to make sure you all would get some help...and the help you deserved.

He removed his hand from his pocket, as he brought it to the deck box, removing his Flame Star deck. And you guys will help me keep that promise. No matter what we face... he chuckled, as he placed the deck back in the deck box on his side, as the cab halted. "Thanks." Dante said, as he walked out of the cab, walking into the PSMB lobby.

There he saw the woman on the bench, apparently waiting for either him...or possibly someone else. Though it surprised him that a woman would be the one that he was stuck with. Dante cautiously approached the woman, clearing his throat. "I'm sorry, miss. I'm Dante Arc, I'm supposed to be meeting my...recruiter, I believe the word is. Anyway, one of your Co-Workers kinda held me back with explaining crap and trying to make me look at least decent."

William nodded, affirming that he understood.  "Of course, Milady--er, I beg your pardon," he said, failing to catch a habit of his.  "Miss Tendo.  So, do you believe these Signers to be as capable as we hope them to be?  I merely ask for I do not have the same foresight as yourself.

"This is not to say that I do not have faith in the Signers, don't get me wrong," he added.  "It's just... I am aware of the legends surrounding the Signers, the Crimson Dragon and its chosen disciples.  I merely hope that they are capable of performing the duty that fate shall soon set before them.  After all... it won't just be the fate of this city--nay, this world, which hangs in the balance, for it is also...."  Trailing off, William heaved a deep sigh.  "My apologies, Milad--Miss Tendo.  I've ended up rambling again."  Another audible exhale.  "I'm sure things will turn out for the best."

"Kuriboh, eh?" Samuel stared at the holographic projection of the brown puffball before him.  "Sure, why not, eh? It's not like I should call up a Curse of Dragon on the bleedin' first go, right?"  His eyes began to flash a bright green as he put in a bit of concentration into bringing Kuriboh into the physical plane.  The process was over in almost an instant.

"Kuri?"  The fuzzball blinked a few times as it examined its surroundings, as if realizing that something was amiss.  Kuriboh's gaze went from Kirkmond, who may have been admiring the rapid progress Samuel was exhibiting, then to Naoya, then finally over to Samuel, who, in spite of himself, gave a small, toothy grin to the manifested creature.  "Krii!"  Kuriboh's eyes bugged out of its head as it backed away from Samuel, shivering with fear.

"Wot?" Samuel exasperatedly asked, dropping his smile.  "Wot on earff are yer so afraid of--?"  He cut himself off as he once again caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror.  "Okay," he sighed out, "so I spot yor point. But that don't mean I'm bloody well--" he said as he turned back to face the Kuriboh again, only to find that it had run off, trembling in a corner of the lab.

"Oi! C'mon now, I'm bloody well not that bad, am I, then, mate?" Samuel slowly strode over to the little fuzzball.  "'ave a look, I just wanna be mates wiv yer, right, that's all."  He knelt down before the Kuriboh, slowly extending a hand to pet the creature. "See, I'm jus' tryin' to be friendly--"

"Rawr!" *CHOMP!!*

The pained, forced smile that crossed Sam's mouth belied the pain and frustration he was experiencing at this point; the Kuriboh, in a rare moment of self-defense, had suddenly chomped down on Samuel's fingers (yes, people, it is true, Kuriboh do have mouth, contrary to popular belief).  It attempted to give Sam a scowling glare with its big, puppy-like eyes, giving off a small, almost cute growl.

"... oi, Doctor," Samuel uttered calmly, still keeping up his pained grin, "Would yer mind 'elpin' me cop this wee lad off me hand...?   BEFORE I DECIDE TO FORGET MESELF AND SMASH THIS BLOODY LI'L SHITE TER A PULP?!" he roared out as he vigorously flailed his arm about, the Kuriboh hanging on for dear life.  "Err... pretty please?" he added, trying his best to resume staying calm.

Lucas was quietly laughing with Claudia as she was making such a fuss at the divo. She had such spunk and moxy. It was sad to realize that she died so young Lucas thought she could have lived quite the fun life. Not so funny though was the divo's response. The air of condescension was a tad suffocating, but that was completely besides the point. He, with his randomly arrogant word vomit, actually brought up a good point. What would the emotional wreck of a boy do if his chance for vengeance was stolen from him. Lucas pondered and thought about for a second. How odd that out of all the psychos he encountered there weren't many crazy revenge seekers. Well he didn't hang with any at least.

Then the thought came into his head that made him chuckle. What if he turned his attention towards you? I mean instead of getting vengeance on whoever for whatever, he gets vengeance on the man that took away his chance to get vengeance. The thought was pretty amusing as he wondered if two giant Earthbound Immortals started to slap each other around. Though that was another question that begged answering. Why doesn't his Earthbound Immortal talk to him like the others. Then again his Earthbound Immortal was probably the one to drag him throughout space and time so if can experience any level of fatigue that would do it. Hmm note to self try to discover the inner workings of these Earthbound Gods or whatever. He took another sip of what was now scotch. 

Now Claudia you can't truly expect much from Salamence here he was a convict in his past life. I'm sure he's resisted the urge to stab all of us in our. Probably because it wouldn't work but stil. Its the thought that counts. Lucas looked back at Solasiro I'll be honest Solar Beam I didn't peg you as much of a team player. Does your animal, spirit, earth, beast thing keep you here?

[spoiler='Gren vs Bailong']Gren was in a bind. On the one hand, if he didn't accept this challenge, Gao would just turn him over to Security. He didn't seem to have any qualms about doing so, and all the evidence that security needed was right on his face. On the other hand, while Gren was a good Duelist, he didn't know if could measure to a pro at this point in time. Then again, he HAD to face against pros in the Fortune Cup, so this would be an excellent time to test his skills. He could try to weasel out of it later if he could.
"I'll take you on, then. If I'm to go back no matter what, might as well go out with style."
Gren gave the Pro Duelist a smile to demonstrate his determination.

Bailong was mused that his opponent decided to go for this quite easily shallow threat/challenge to duel. In the back of his mind he entertained the thought of just showing up and asking the person to duel. Of course that was highly impractical yet much more
logical but that was besides the point. The duel was agreed to. YES!! He shouted in elation which betrayed his initial attempted threatening tone. While his opponent was getting his duel disk together Bailong pulled out a what seemed to be a high tech wristband that had his deck in it. He smiled as he thrusted his non-wristband hand forward and he twelve thin slots flew out from beneath his clothes and they started to fly around him. Its some new prototype duel system one of my team's sponsors wanted me try out. What do you think, too much? He said with a slight chuckle. At this point Bailong was his normal self now and one could easily have forgotten that he initiated this match with some form of threat.

Before the duel began it was natural that the two made their way outside so they could have more space. It looked like they weren't going to be interrupted for this match but they would have onlookers. Xiaoyin, Gou and the rest of the Thunder squad had abandoned the safety of the vehicle to watch this opportunity to see a pro duelist play live in action. Xiaoyin's eye was twitching as this was just the epitome of recklessness. But she was going to participate in the Fortune Cup hopefully so she might as well see what her competition may look like. Though to be honest she never saw someone from the Satellite play the game. To be honest the people on the mainland never speak well of the people from the Satellite so its not entirely her fault.

"Duel!" they both called out in the traditional ceremony to start the game.

Gren LP: 4000
Gao LP: 4000

"I'll take the first move, as promised. Draw!" Gren called out his move as he whipped off the top card of his deck. He studied his hand for a bit, considering the possible moves that he could make. When he finished, he looked up at his opponent. Bailong was wearing a look of sheer bliss, appropriate for the exclamation he gave previously. Gren's guess was right that he really just wanted a Duel. However, it was still difficult to divine what he was really thinking...or what he could do. He was still awed by the lack of a Duel Disc...he hoped that everyone, even people in Satellite could use technology like that in the future. He grinned, and played his first card.

"I activate Foolish Burial, sending 1 monster card from my deck to the Graveyard. I choose my Scrap Worm!" This would be a solid opening move. "I then Summon my Scrap Homoncu, in Attack Mode!" As Gren slapped the card onto his Duel Disk, a tiger-looking monster made of scrap parts with human hands sprouting out of its back emerged in a flash of light. (ATK 1400, LV3) "When Homoncu is Summoned, I can Special Summon a Scrap Tuner from my Graveyard! I choose the Worm that I had just sent." In an equally brilliant flash, a worm fashioned out of grey wire appeared. (ATK 500, LV2) "Now, I tune Scrap Homoncu to Scrap Worm!" Both monsters ascended, the worm transforming into two green rings: the universal sign of a Synchro Summon. Homoncu's body became transparent and three green stars emerged from within its core. The stars aligned with the rings, and an enormous light shot through the rings. "Synchro Summon! Appear now, Scrap Motor!" (ATK 2000, LV5) A humanoid arose from the light, enormous rusty gears in its back rotating at a slow pace. In fact, the entire body of the monster was made of gears, scrap metal and other trash; a true symbol of Satellite's current state. "I set two cards, and end my turn," and at Gren's words, two card backs appeared behind Scrap Motor. A Synchro monster on his first turn was an accomplishment for any duelist, and the two set cards Gren had would help with that.

Bailong's faced turned oddly serious when his opponent drew his first card. He saw his opening hand and looked at the cards he had. It was decent but not knowing the play style of people from Satellite. When the young man synchro summoned on his first turn Bailong had to nod a tad. Interesting. He said under his breath. He wasn't to familiar with the "Scrap" archetype but this was a good moment to find out.

Gren LP: 4000

Not bad. I guess I'll take it from here.

I draw. First, since you have more monsters than I do I can special summon Jiang Shi: Yi from my hand. One of the card slots flew in front of him as if commanded by his will and placed a card on it. In front of Bailong from the ground a fellow chinese man came up from the ground and but its skin was pale and it had a talisman taped down its face(ATK 1500, LV3). Now I normal summon Jiang Shi: Er. Like before another zombie came out the ground and this one was wearing lighter clothes (ATK 0, LV4). Xiaoyin looked at her brother and pouted. Now that was weird. Xiaoyin accidentally said out loud. Why, what just happened? Emi asked instantly. Jiang Shi:Er gets an effect based on if its special summoned from the graveyard which it looks like should happen but my brother isn't going to "plus" off of that like he should. Could it be that he doesn't have any other level fours in his hand. Maika added. Oh...yeah that makes sense. Xiaoyin said with her head down as she didn't even consider that being a plausible explanation.

Now I tune my Yi and Er... Yi disappears and turns into the three green rings while Er disappears into four stars...to make the Zombie machine Jiang Shi: Tou! a beam of light shines forth from the ground and a green mechanized hand comes from the ground and a green mechanized soldier rises up (ATK: 2600, LV7). Now my zombie machine begins to attack your scrap machine. The mechanized soldier flicks his hand and it reveals a golden lightsaber. Proceed with Deadly Night's slash. The mechanized soldier attacked the other machine and slashed it in half. Now that was too easy. Bailong thought.

Gren was somewhat awed at the speed with which Gao had managed to move on the offensive, but he wasn't out of the running yet. "When Scrap Motor is destroyed, I get a Scrap monster from my graveyard. I choose Scrap Worm!" (ATK 500, LV2)

Ah there it is. That was a handy effect of that synchro monster. Which is odd. The beast reminded him a little bit of his synchro. Luckily his opening hand had allowed him to be prepared for this situation. I activate the spell card Fissure. With it I get to destroy the weakest monster on your side of the field. Since you only have one Scrap Worm gets destroyed. A crack from the ground arose and destroyed the worm like construct. Now I'll set a card and end my turn.

Gren LP: 3400

This was to be expected. Getting rid of a tuner, especially with the speed in which this deck could Synchro Summon, was a good move. Gren still had a lot to do though. "I draw!" he exclaimed.

Oh but wait, my synchro monster's effect activates. Tou proceeds to take out his massive sword and stab itself through the abdomen and was destroyed. During your standby phase when I have more monsters than you do. This guy destroys himself. Fortunately he special summons the monsters that were used as synchro material. Jiang Shi: Yi and Er were then brought back to the field (ATK 1500, LV3) (DEF 2000, LV4). Bailong smirked as he was wondering if he could predict his opponents next move.

Gren figured that he could use that splitting effect to his advantage, and made a move for the offensive. "I summon Scrap Chimera!" This time, in the trademark flash of light, a winged lion-esque creature soared onto the field and roared (ATK: 1700, LV4). "My chimera also allows me to summon back a Tuner, and once again, I choose my Scrap Worm!" The worm appeared in the same manner as before. "However, rather than perform a Synchro Summon, I believe I'll just use the power of the monsters I have on the field! Scrap Worm can attack directly! Go!" At those words and Gren's outstretched finger, the worm dove underground for a brief moment, and launched itself upward at Gao, landing back on Gren's side of the field, where it had started. "Now, my Scrap Chimera attacks Jiang Shi: Er!" The beast lunged for the armored woman. "Then, in the Damage Step, I activate Horn of the Phantom Beast, giving my Chimera an extra 800 Attack Points!

Bailong looked behind him as he saw this scrap worm attack him directly. Interesting. He said as his lifepoints dropped slowly. Then came the Chimera as he knew his opponent had to have a better strategy than this. Then that horn of the phantom beast trap card was activated. Well I wished I could say I'm surprised, but I gotta tell you I have a trap for that. I activate the trap card Sleep Talisman. He snapped his fingers and the floating card slot that had his facedown turned around. And simply put it negates your trap so your chimera runs straight into Jiang Shi: Er keeping it alive. The character for "sleep" appeared on the trap card and it was destroyed. Nice use of the Damage Step though.

WHAT?! Gren was taken aback. Gao had seen right through his move and counteracted it perfectly, and now he was back to scrambling for options. He had no other choice."At the end of the Battle Phase, Scrap Worm destroys itself, and in doing so allows me to put another Scrap monster in my hand. I choose Homuncu." The card ejected itself from the graveyard, and Gren put it in his hand. "I set another card facedown, and end my turn." He at least had Scrap Chimera to soak up a hit and try to come back on his next turn...provided nothing drastic happened.

Gren LP: 3100
Gao LP: 3500

Draw. Bailong laughed as he drew an interesting card but that didn't matter his opponent had too many cards on the field meaning he had a lot of options to counter something. Well the best way to make sure he could solve all problems at once was to target all of the problems at once. I summon my twins Jiang Shi: Su Wu. From the ground appeared two little Jiang Shi zombie children did a synchronized flip out of the air and they landed in between Yi and Er (ATK: 1000, LV2). Now lets try this again. I tune YI, Er, and Su Wu... The zombies jumped up and constructed the network. Now come forth one of my favorite synchro monsters the oh so powerful Mist Wurm. In a flash of light a massive purple beast with several of pores oozing out green smoke came forth from behind Bailong (ATK 2500, LV9). Now I activate the effect of Mist Wurm. When it is summoned I can return 3 cards on the field to their owner's hand. So I think your three are going to have to do. The massive worm shot out a massive cloud of green gas towards his opponents cards.

Emi and Maika were ecstatic. So far Bailong was living up to his pro status. He seemed to be out playing his opponent turn by turn. Xiaoyin was simply wondering about how his hand might have been. Though Su Wu in the graveyard he was pretty much set up for the rest of the game. I hope this dude does something derpy on his next turn because this is about to be a huge chunk of his lifepoints. Little did she know that something derpy was about to happen.

Gren needed to salvage the situation this instant. "I activate both of my set cards! Scrapstorm and Scrap Strap! Scrap Strap lets me target a monster. If it is destroyed, I can send two Scrap monsters from my deck to the Graveyard." A long strap shot out of Gren's deck, winding around the flying lion.
"My second card, Scrapstorm, allows me to send a Scrap monster from my deck to the Graveyard, draw a card, and destroy my Chimera! I send Scrap Seeker! And since my monster was targeted by Strap, I send two more, those being Scrap Soldier and Scrap Beast!" The lion shattered into the component parts that made it up, and Gren deposited all three cards into his Graveyard.

Well would you look at that. I mean I didn't think you would actually have options, but the end goal was still accomplished. All obstacles are out the way. Mist Wurm attack directly. NOXIOUS DOOM DEPERGE! The beast stood straight up and the smoke stacks coming from its back erupted making a tidal wave of smoke attacking the duelist. After the damage was dealt Bailong looked at the cards in his hand and decided that he had enough lifepoints to hold off devoting more resources to his opponent. Well I'm done for now. This was a critical moment for his opponent. Bailong was looking carefully to see what his opponent would do in this tight situation.

Gren LP: 600
Gao LP: 3500

Gren stood his ground as the veritable tsunami of mist cascaded over him. He was confident that he could turn this duel around, but he knew whatever he would do would be knocked back on Gao's next turn. It all came down to this draw. He put his fingers on the top card of his deck, and put all of his attention and hope and prayer upon the draw. His right arm twitched as he pulled the card and looked at it. It was exactly what he needed to punch through, and by God he was going to do it! "I summon Scrap Homoncu again!" Once again, the human-armed lion creature appeared (ATK 1400, LV3). "Homoncu allows me to Summon a Tuner, and so I summon the Scrap Soldier I sent previously!" A clanking, helmeted robot appeared from a flash of light in a ready position (ATK 2100, LV5). "Since a "Scrap" monster was summoned from my graveyard, I can summon Scrap Seeker as well!" Following the clanky knight was a bird equally as clanky and mechanical as the knight (DEF 100, LV1). "Now, I tune Scrap Homoncu to Scrap Soldier!" The Synchro Summoning process began anew, but the two rings previously were five now. As the rings and stars formed around each other, Gren called out his chant: "Always is there victory within defeat! Even the most downtrodden have the strength to turn away the oppressor's boot! Synchro Summon!" Within the bright light of the summon, a pair of glowing red eyes became visible. "Become the tool of freedom! Scrap Dragon!" The light cleared, showing a large purple metal dragon, steam issuing out of several pipes in random, scattered places along its body. Its red eyes gleamed angrily and brightly, as if in rage over the harm caused to its owner (ATK 2800, LV8). "Now, I use Scrap Dragon's effect, which lets me destroy one card on both sides of the field! I choose my Scrap Seeker and your Mist Wurm!" The dragon's eyes glowed still brighter red, in preparation for the destruction that was to come. "But before that happens, there is still one piece left! I activate Scrap Sheen, targeting my Seeker! It destroys my Scrap monster, and gives all the rest of them one thousand attack points!"
The bird shattered into silver sparkles, which blew toward the dragon. Where the sparkles made contact with the dragon, they turned it chrome. As the sparkles progressed, the dragon slowly became more and more affected, until it was completely chrome. The eyes still glowed as red as ever. (ATK 3800, LV8)

Bailong's eyes widened as this stranger had made this miracle comeback. This was unnerving. He had never seen a dragon like that before. The second, Scrap Dragon's master told him about the effect though things got scary. Emi, Maika and Gou all looked horrifically mortified when the events unfolded. Xiaoyin on the other hand didn't seem to have any kind of vocal reaction. This was naturally odd to her friends and dog they looked at her and realized that she seemed to be in some kind of trance. As soon as Xiaoyin laid eyes on that new dragon she, for some reason unknown to her, retreated into her mind she seemed to be some other kind world. All she saw was a graveyard and when she looked up storm clouds. Though she peered through the clouds and noticed that there was some reptile thing moving through the storm clouds in and out. While she couldn't see the creature's face she just wondered what this all meant. Of course it was naturally jarring.

"Now, for Scrap Dragon's effect! Scrap Force Gale!"
The chrome dragon opened its mouth, and steam started to eject from all of its pipes and valves at an incredible speed. From out of its mouth came a powerful gale, strong enough to blow his opponent's monster back behind its owner and destroy it.
"Go, Scrap Dragon! Attack directly!" Gren would waste no time. It had to be now or never, and he had driven in the wedge, especially with Sheen, which would only last until the end of this turn. The dragon shot forward with speed, striking his opponent dead in the chest.

Gren LP: 600
Gao LP: 0

When the massive dragon rushed at him he laughed as he can't believe he actually lost this contest. What an amazing display of skill he thought. The dragon aimed directly at his chest and upon impact the dragons hit felt oddly real. Bailong literally flew backwards and landed pretty hard. He laid on the ground and laughed as his lifepoints went to zero. He did have a lot of fun in that duel.
d
Gren let out the breath he had been holding. He had risked it all on that one play, and it had paid off. To his surprise, he didn't feel elated just because he had won. He had genuinely enjoyed that duel he had played, fighting on the edge, the thrill of letting everything ride on one card. He didn't have the chance to do something so...hot-blooded at home. He walked over to the collapsed Bailong on the ground and offered his hand.
"That was a really great duel. Thank you for the honor. Now, I guess it's back to Satellite for me." Gren was ready to honor his commitments, but at least he could say he beat a Pro Duelist in the end.[/spoiler]

Bailong was still reeling from the initial attack that came from this dragon. There he laid on the ground being stunned at his defeat. It was an awesome match nonetheless and it seemed like it was just a dream. Then he heard the voice of his opponent saying something. He heard the victors words talk about something leaving and retreating back into the depths of Satellite. He then smacks the hand away immediately and jumps straight to his feet. What do you mean go back to Satellite? Why in the world would you do that? You won! That was freakin awesome! Oh man is everyone in Satellite as good as you. So freakin' awesome! After he realized he was yelling at the victor he remembered that this youngster was probably here illegally. Oh riiight, that makes sense. Hmm probably don't have anywhere to stay either. Finally the smell of the sewers made themselves known and that was easily shown on Bailong's face. Before he could keep talking a loud bark was heard from up above.

Gou was barking trying to warn his master of Xiaoyin. Bailong looked up to see his comrade but he noticed that the girls were hunched over something and that it was only two of the girls, one of them not being his sister. His face immediately turned to fright as he ran up the nearest staircase and grabbed his sister. He looked at the girls and dog asking what happened when all of a sudden he heard a voice coming from beneath his arms. He looked down at the only person in his arms. Its okay Ge Ge I'm alright. I think I just had a...vision. What? I know but that mans's dragon...something's interesting about it. Cool, I wanted to keep him around anyway.

Xiaoyin got to her feet and everyone was a tad relieved. After that panic was over the group all gathered around this mysterious person who managed to defeat the pro duelist. Bailong decided to speak first. So my sister here and I have come to consensus. You'll live with me while you're staying in Neo Domino City. I have more than enough room at my place and...well you need a shower...and clean clothes...and probably a cleaner D-Wheel...and food, I'm sure you need food. So what do you say? Um what's your name again? I don't think I ever got it. 

Kirkmond repressed a smirk as he cut the power to the duel disk system. The Kuriboh faded away as no system kept it active anymore. "What an illuminating experience this has been I must say" he remarked, though his eyes traced a path to one of the mahy clocks kept in the lab.

There was only a minute or so left until the Venom's period was over, and it was time to act fast. "Samuel, it's almost time, please lie down" he ordered and waited untilt he wolfman complied.

When he did, the scientist slowly and carefully tied each strap back into where they had been before. With a precious few seconds left the device, now empty of Venom, was removed from the subject and Kirkmond legged it back to a safe distance by Naoya's side, waiting patiently for the outcome. "This is the part I despise the most. As the Venom reacts with the body to increase transmission across the neurons, it slowly break apart into composite chemicals by the body. I just wish I knew what those were. The only way I truly could would be to either give unnecessarily high doses to a subject then fish around for blood samples for even a chance at it. But that would simply be pure luck based and not at all efficient. Though, if only I knew the chemical in question; if I did I could synthesis a tagalong chemical that could allow the body to not only break down the Venom, but then use its functions to re-synthesize the Venom. With only needing to get a fresh injection of the second chemical the Venom could be re-used ad ifinitum" he explained to a no doubt slightly indifferent Naoya.

Naoya was satisfied with Kirkmond's explanation of the man he invited, although he was surprised that even Kirkmond wasn't sure why I took this Freud character so long to arrive. As Samuel tried to focus his powers, Naoya was amused at the small creature's fear, and Naoya couldn't help but laugh as Kuriboh began to bite Samuel.

As Kirkmond began to explain a level of uncertainty he had with the Venom, Naoya's prior amusement turned to that of disappointment. [color=#008000]"Well, Samuel here has quite enough dosage within him already, so while we could continue experimenting with him, perhaps it would be best if we took a large variety of test subjects, so you will you have a 100% certainty of this chemical. Of course, we just have to be sure that we have enough willing participants. Well, certainly more willing than Samuel was, at least."[/color]

[hr]
Solasiro laughed at the prospect of Tetsuya coming after him if he indeed took away his chance for vengeance. [color=#7C213C]"I would love to see Tetsuya attempt to strike me down, but I suppose it would be more pertinent to answer your question. To put it in a way you'd understand, I am simply here to see what fate has in store for us. Indeed, Ccoshobar requires me to fulfill to task, and I will happily do as he asks. If Ccoshobar wills that something must happen, then is it not destined to happen? Our partners are revered, and feared, as gods, so of course their desire is the pen that writes history. If Tetsuya should oppose me, then I'd be fascinated to see the result. Alas, the rules of our Gods stipulate that only one may be present on the dueling field at a time. No doubt a failsafe to prevent infighting amongst their numbers."[/color]

"I suppose not, but you would think for someone who acts so fully of himself, he would have better manners than a low-born," Claudia huffed and flipped her hair, "well I guess some people are just beyond help." 

Turning away from the vulgar man, Claudia crossed her arms, and went to the bar hoping to find some nice orange juice, or at the very least a bottle of water. Unfortunately all she found was a bunch of bottles full of the foul smelling liquid. Did Talia drink this stuff too... she supposed that was the down side to being the only kid in the group. 

Claudia popped her head up considering Solasiro's question. It would certainly be interesting to see what the Immortal would do once Tetsuya got his vengeance.

"You know, the monsters are revered as "gods" I suppose it would figure out a way to keep Tetsuya useful until he wasn't needed anymore," Clauda frowned, "though I can't help but wonder why it would revive someone who could easily extract their revenge and be content to die. As far as I know we were all brought back because we had unfinished business so if you were to remove the unfinished business... what then?" 

"Indeed, but, I wouldn't dare touch Samuel's blood as lord knows-" he began, but looked right at Samuel. He lowered his voice a bit, to spare the feelings of the wolfman: "-but lord knows what that Organization did to him in the first place. There would be so many unknown chemicals flowing in his blood stream from their own experiments I couldn't even begin to locate the remains of the Venom. And while yes, I could indeed get blood samples from a multitude of test subjects, that would prove highly inefficient; as I said, it would be a luck based search to find it. Plus the time and resources necessary to decant the blood would simply be a waste of funds for each failure. The only process I can really conclude on is to run simulations of what could happen when it reacts with the human body. It would at least spare the treasury the barbs of my failings."

"Th-Thank you..."

Gren was blown away. Not only had he been congratulated by a Pro Duelist (one of the best in the business, no less), but he'd basically been given a free pass into the city as well as a chance to further the mission. There was no possible way he could say no to this opportunity. "My name is Gren, and thank you again. You really saved me." He was barely able to keep himself together and functional as the group walked back to Jinlong's car, Gren's D-Wheel in tow. After getting the directions to his place down and getting the D-Wheel ready, the group set off, with Gren following behind on his D-Wheel. The cycle didn't look too out of the ordinary, but Gren could swear that people were giving him strange looks as they made for the Gao family home. Even the Security agents they passed seemed on edge, but then again that could have been Gren's smell as well as his appearance. On the way, he also recorded a quick voice message to the S.A.P. in Satellite informing them of his progress, his current situation, and other details that he saw fit to include. While he could've done this at any point, now seemed appropriate, since being on the move would lend itself less well to detection by Security. Hopefully they even get the message out there.

Hmm I guess you're both right. I forgot about the one Earthbound thing on the field at a time. Yeah that would make it hard for you two to duke it out now wouldn't it? Lucas made his way over to the drink bar as he witnesses Claudia look around for something probably non-alcoholic. It seemed as if she was failing. My Earthbound thing doesn't seem to talk to me like your's. I wonder why? Lucas looks around and proceeds to find seltzer water and what looks like a light pinkish liquid. He smells it and instinctively knows what it is. He pours a combination of the two into one glass. Though wouldn't you think that these almighty beings of whatever know who died? I mean if what you two said is true then couldn't Tetsu's Earthbound Deity just be using the boy? If every Earthbound has a different personality, then his could be more of a manipulative type. But that is neither here nor there. He gave his mystery glass to claudia. Its raspberry concentrate cut with seltzer water. That should be sweet and nonalcoholic enough for you. Now the main question is what do we do now? I don't really feel comfortable just staying in this mansion with all of the wonders of the future to look forward too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bailong was immensely happy that Gren was willing to tag along. Unfortunately it wasn't as easy as he expected to hide a member of Satellite in the city. As they were driving back to the family home everyone could see the glares that the crowd was giving this Gren person. That didn't matter though Bailong was surely an equal opportunist who was going to make sure that Gren did what he came to do. The Gao family actually lived on two separate floors of very expensive loft space in the heart of Neo Domino City. Bailong directed everyone into the garage where all of the cars parked. While he was looking at the help who normally runs maintenance on his D-Wheel he realized that they had the same look of disgust. Oh Gren you can leave your D-Wheel with them they'll clean it right up. He turns to look at the buildings staff with a deep glare of serious and murderous intent. Because they know that if they don't, the fires of Hell will seem like Paradise by the time I'm done with them. Anywho help me take the girls' stuff upstairs. While the two of them, with the help of Gou, carried the bags the girls got off the elevator at an earlier stop. Bailong and Gao continued upward to another loft space all for himself. I was a grand opulent space much more than he needed but Bailong was still humble about it. Gou had immediately ran to his own little corner of the space and cuddled up in his bed. 

Yeah the bathroom is that way. My sponsors set me up with a lot of perks. You can take a jacuzzi bath if you want. You know to soak, deep clean, and get all of the sewage stench off of you. Feel free what's mine is yours etcetera, etcetera. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be getting a call soon from...well everybody. So yeah make yourself at home. There should be a robe in their somewhere and we can order clothes in your size. Bailong walked away as the phones started to blow up as the symphony of inquiries were about to begin. 

By the time the Kuriboh disappeared, Samuel was beginning to grow a bit lightheaded.  "Samuel, it's almost time, please lie down."  With a weak nod, Samuel complied, this time laying face-down.  Despite slowing growing "tired", he was starting to feel a little more invigorated, unsettled, angry, and yet Samuel did his best to keep calm as Kirkmond redid his restraints.  Afterwards, Kirkmond once again had a conversation with Naoya, explaining a whole slew of biology nonsense that Samuel was currently not in the correct mindset to understand thoroughly (not to say that he didn't understand the gist of it).  He wasn't even that upset when Kirkmond then proceeded to voice his concerns about Samuel's blood in a hushed tone, although the mere mention of the Seraph Organization did make his blood boil.

"Doc, listen," Sam spoke up as calmly as possible, even with his installed personality slowly returning, "I know me blood, my body, may be screwed ter heaven and hell fire, but... but if there were a way ter possibly...."  But how, though?  How can Kirkmond possibly find a way to examine and use Samuel's blood?  For Kirkmond, it could mean further advancements in the Vemon development, and for Samuel, a possible way to restore him to his former self.

That was when an idea ran through his head.  Of course!  It seems so obvious, now.

"The Seraphs," he spoke again.  "Their base of operations... I remember where it was located. I may 'ave butchered those wankers, but for the most part, ffeir lab is still intact. Cor blimey guv, would I lie to you?  In an ole factory wivin the Satellite, it is.  They 'ad ter have left some research notes, about their experiments, right, about me. Maybe yer could find wot they did ter me wiv that, right, right?"

"... doc, just... one more ffing," Sam added, "do yer... have anyfink ter help me sleep?"

Archived