Yu-Gi-Oh! The Five Dragons [5D's Remake RP|Started|Accepting|PG-13|IC]

yu_gi_oh__the_five_dragons_by_grezar-d6k

IC: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/306099-yu-gi-oh-the-five-dragons-5ds-remake-rpstartedacceptingpg-13oocneed-evilfusions-app/

440,000 kilometers beyond the surface of the Earth, on the opposite side of the Moon, space trembled, the void rippling slightly, but the shuddering built in intensity, and small pulses of rainbow colors began to appear, until a final shockwave ripped open a portal to a realm of light and color people could not comprehend without filters, and a strange craft drifted through the aperture before it closed shut. Back on Earth, a special set of sensors made to detect distortions in spacetime went off ever so slightly, but by the time that the ship's mission was done, the sentient organics down below would not be able to do anything about their visitor. The ship, a towering structure with a circular forward shield and cylindrical modules carrying various other sections going back to a large engine with a series of plates at the end, made sure that it would remain at the second Earth-Moon Lagrangian Point, where it would be virtually undetected to the civilization beyond the natural satellite.

Its onboard artificial intelligence, sentient enough to be able to handle sudden emergencies and to care for its mission, but not sentient enough to understand the concept of boredom, made a note of its recent arrival into this universe, recording the deviation of this timeline's tangential state. Its owners, a watchdog organization looking after this portion of the universe, had sent this automated survey ship and its brethren across the multiverse to catalog and make note of the points of divergence and the significant events of the Earths they visited. The organization wished to find out about any important alternate Earth they may need to protect or observe more closely, but the probe honest did not care, as the beginning of its report was complete, and it proceeded with its primary task.

Shortly past the front section of the ship were eight rocket-shaped black pods tucked away in their berths. One of these pods was extracted from its metal womb by the AI, and the small gravitic repulsors at its broad end engaged, sending it away from its mother ship and to begin its curving path. The smaller probe's AI awoke from its slumber while it began its journey, and the various tertiary guidance sensors along its nose began recording variables and statistics for the ship behind it, communicating with a special subspace relay called an ansible. Unlike its "mother", a matter-of-fact, procedural, focused intelligence, the probe and its "sisters" were curious and inquisitive, desiring to analyze and learn to help out their "mother's" mission. Thanks to special stealth coating along its length, the little ship, the size of a school bus, but dwarfed by its parent's skyscraper scale, could speed along towards the planet it was aimed at without risking detection by the various telescopes above and on the surface of the Earth.

After tense hours and some careful maneuvering, the "daughter" probe entered a geosynchronous orbit around the Earth and blossomed like a flower, its nose retracting and segmenting to allow for solar panels to extend and for comms systems to aim down through the atmosphere to the land below. Able to finally receive information, the probe started to gorge itself on raw data, maneuvering through its planetary network like a phantom. This data was sent back to the mother ship, who compared the data with any differentiations in the sets of data it had stored within and updated its log accordingly to reflect the surprisingly sharp changes in this universe. From what the smaller ship could gather, things were very different, yet still quite similar, as evidence by the slight readings on a very special set of sensors the probes carried to detect the same exotic energy they utilized to break through the walls of spacetime to travel in between universes.

The mother ship gave orders to its child, and the child complied, shifting its orbit slightly to hold above the highest concentration of that energy, a glittering city on the coast of Japan with a ruined island just off its coast. Dawn was approaching the metropolis, and a new day would come for the probe to record, which now had the assignment to watch whatever was about to happen. The mother ship, half a million kilometers away, released two more of its progeny, who whizzed along their sibling's trajectory to also gather data. Based on what the mother ship knew, this Earth would have much to offer it in regards to completing its mission, especially in the days to come...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neo Domino was finally on sight, with the first light of the morning; after at least eight hours worth of, the German man decided, the worst flight of his life. He was not the kind to get airsick, but knowing where he would be landing did not help. But, he told himself; here he was, and that would not change.

He got off his plane with a loud sigh, making his way with the crowd through the tightly packed airport. Customs was not a challenge to get around, his piece tucked away in a bundle he kicked under the detector's conveyor belt when the attendant wasn't looking. Their tasks are dull, their senses are slower. She saw nothing.

Picking it up equally casually, with a dumb grin, adding that it fell from his broken pocket. The attendant didn't care, as he had expected.

And it was so that he was out. Neo Domino City. The city where card games were everything. The thought made Freud sick. He did not know how long he would have to stay in this wretched city, but he would decidedly never leave until he accomplished his goal.

He clutched his revolver. Until card games are a thing of the past... I will not die. I will not leave. For I am not stuck with this city, this city is stuck with me.

Lucas had gotten to understand his new station in life. Once again he found himself as a cultist helping some psycho who was going to do something big. Lucas was amazed at how he had once again become the villain. Maybe this was life's way of saying he was good at it. He woke up and was once again perplexed by his appearance as he gazed into a mirror. This was definitely going to take some getting used to. Nevertheless  he had to appreciate that he had a nice residency. Apparently there was a mansion located in these badlands. Of course this made no sense at all. This neighborhood was some odd fusion of a scrapyard and the badlands how is there a mansion out here. Just the complicated structure alone screams out of place. Then again maybe secrecy was not the leader's goal and one could guess that no rational human would venture this far into the badlands.

Lucas was however glad to find out that his usual routine of morning alcohol was something he could continue in this life. Second he was informed about the current state of the world...or better yet this world. Apparently he was in the slums of Neo Domino City that was know as the B.A.D. area. Somehow the card games that annoy him so have lead to amazing scientific discoveries. This was pretty much laughable to him but if it works it works. He did manage to watch this whole turbo dueling thing with cardgames on motorcycles. These youngsters reminded him of his grandson and that put a smile on his face. Lucas got dressed in his oddly white striped gothic uniform and cloak. He saw in the news that there was something about some big event known as the Fortune Cup. Maybe the leader will have some plan that they will need taken care of.

Grenan awoke to what looked like an ordinary summer day. The sky was clear, with a bright sun that had just barely risen. You could hear the sounds of people waking up, yawning, and walking around echoing down the ruined streets of Satellite. What Gren heard as he entered the kitchen was boiling water, as his father cleaned his barber's tools.His father bore a striking resemblance to Gren, same blond hair, same sky blue eyes. Gren could remember the hundreds of times his father had told Gren that he "wasn't going to start a gang war over a pair of dirty scissors." This was his father's daily ritual, but today something was different. Gren noticed that his father was polishing the pair of clippers he as holding with unusual gusto, as if he was trying to distract himself from something.  Gren poked around the cramped kitchen, obviously hunting for something. With a small "Aha!" he retrieved his riding gloves from a chair in the kitchen. He turned to look at his father, who was still scrubbing the same pair of scissors. Gren sighed.

"You know already?"

His father said nothing, merely continuing with his tool maintenance.

"I know you don't approve, but I have to do this. Satellite needs someone to speak on their behalf, and I'm the only one who can do it. I'm the only one good enough at Duel Monsters to get high enough in the tournament, and gain recognition for what we're living through. Don't you want the tiptoe-ing around rival factions to end? Being forced to ignore the constant threat to our livelihood and, hell, our lives? Then I need to do this, for everyone. I've got to sneak into Neo Domino and win the Fortune Cup. That is all there is to it. I'm going to leave tonight and there is nothing anyone can do to stop me."

He was staring at his father, almost tearful. As much as he said he needed no one's approval, he loved his father dearly and didn't want to cause him any more stress than he already had. But, to his delight, his father nodded once. Gren smiled.

"Thanks for believing in me."

He moved quickly out of the room, both in eager anticipation of the events to come, as well as not wanting to ruin the moment that had just happened between him and his father. He grabbed his essentials: Riding gear, deck, duel gauntlet. He left without a word of goodbye to his father, hopped on his D-Wheel, and headed for the headquarters of the activist group that was going to get him into Neo Domino. This was going to be the beginning of something big, he just knew.

Even after making an effort to disguise himself, Belphor had still been recognized on the street, and of course challenged by a random civilian that thought they were the next king of games. 

“Alright, then it’s my turn.” Belphor flashed his opponent a smirk, before drawing a card from his deck. Taking a moment so survey the field, he noted that his opponent was on the defensive, having chosen to summon a green gadget, before filling his backrow with set cards. Their audience was growing by the minute, and Belphor's only real concern was that he'd be stuck in the park all day, due to the constant flow of challengers.

“I’ll start by using Dark fusion.” Belphor announced, as he sent both Elemental HEROs Featherman and Wildman to the graveyard as fusion materiel. The gathering crowd soon erupted into cheers at the sight of Evil Hero Wild Cyclone, as he appeared in gale of feathers. Watching as his opponent mouthed a silent curse, Belphor pouted.  “Hey, you challenged me, remember?” He paused to take in the spiteful glare he received, before continuing with his turn.

“But, I DID think you’d at least be halfway decent… Oh well. Wild Cyclone, go get him!” Following Belphor’s orders, Evil Hero Wild Cyclone dashed towards the Green Gadget; leaping high into the air, before slamming down in the form of a massive tornado. The defending monster shattered like glass, followed by all five of the man’s set cards.

Realizing that this was Wild Cyclone’s effect to destroy all set cards upon dealing battle damage, Belphor’s opponent didn't bother voicing his frustration, as to not give Belphor ammo for another smart remark. "You done?" The man's voice held traces of worry, as he watched his life points fall down to 700. Belphor shrugged in response. "Yep, your move." 

Deep within an underground mansion of the B.A.D Area a young blonde girl with deadpan blue eyes sat absent mindedly turning the pages of a worn story book. Beside her was a small table the only item laying on it was deck of cards. This deck of cards contained the same characters she was finding in her book. Flipping the final page of the book over the little girl, Claudia, looked up she hoped to find one of her fellow Dark Signers, as they called themselves, to help her pass the time. Unfortunately she found none. 

Standing up she set the story book down, exchanging it for the deck of cards. Claudia rubbed her eyes wondering were everyone was... maybe one of them would play a card game with her. She'd never had a real person to play with, but the phantoms had taught her well enough. 

"Hello...?" Claudia whispered hoarsely as she eased open the door from the small room she went to read. Though it was always the same story and after 6 years it had become quite dry, even with the deck of cards. 

Claudia looked at her hand and touched face sighing. She should be 16 now, but instead she remained exactly as she was when she was 10... when she died. This whole concept of rebirth and death was still new and odd to her even though she'd been like this for a while now. Talia was cold and hardly spoke to her let alone explain things, and she didn't exactly have the King of the Underworld on speed dial. 

Walking into another room of the mansion she finally found another fellow Dark Signer, the older man named Lucas. He was an odd one, he liked the foul smelling drink her father had as well. 

"Hello... might you please play with me, I'm so terribly bored."

BZZT-BZZT-BZZT-BZZT-BZZT-BZZ--CRASH!!!!

"... ... ... don't tell me I broke another one...." William's morning began with the retched buzzing of the alarm clock, now laying on the bedside counter in numerous pieces after William had brought one of his massive fists hammering down upon it a tad bit too hard, due to misjudging his strength in his half-asleep state. The fifth alarm clock in the span of five months that met its end at the literal hand of William's half-asleep fury.  Slowly, William groggily sat himself upright at the edge of his bed, rubbing his hands against his face.

"Dad?  Are you up?" called a young girl's voice down the hall.

"Yeah," William called out, his voice still a bit muffled with his waning sleep, "yeah, I'm awake, Luisa."  Bed creaking as he got to his feet, William gave a stretch as he padded over to his bedroom door, stopping for a moment to look over himself in the mirror hanging from the door; looking back at him with tired, dark eyes was a tall, tan-skinned man, a pair of black boxer briefs the only article of clothing worn upon his muscular, bodybuilderesque figure.  His dark-colored mid-length hair hung limply over his face and shoulders.  As he gazed lazily upon his own form, William subconsciously brought a hand up to the x-shaped scar on his left pectoral, running a finger across the welted skin.

He was snapped out of his stupor at the sound of knocking on the door before him.  "Dad, do you want me to make you breakfast?" asked Luisa.

"Uh... sure," William replied.

[hr]

Within the confines of the Arcadia Movement's headquarters, built upon the donations of other psychics too ashamed to reveal their gift, was a blindingly clean white laboratory. It was typically held up with many mismatched benches carrying distillation devices, as well as an entire wall being dedicated to snake enclosures. This was a laboratory aiming for the future, and its captain was the brtish-born scientist Kirkmond Troy.

As this present stage he was standing next to a white padded operating board, where his next (apparantly) willing test subject lay. Kirkmond was idly tapping in some figures onto his tablet, except when he gave an occassional glance to his test subject, who Naoya very kindly volunteered him for. To most humans, the 'person' (for lack of a better word) lying on that board would've been instantly labeled as a monster, and then they would have summarily run away screaming. But, Kirkmond wasn't your average human.

Whilst not a psionic like those of the Movement, he was still nonetheless a valuable member for his research into the chemical labeled as 'Venom'. When used, it gives a potent boost to mental faculties, such as memory, perception and even creativity. But in the hands of a psionic, it became a dangerous weapon. A weapon, that will eventually be finalized.

With a satisfied smile, Kirkmond placed his tablet on a small table lined with tools as he looked over Samuel. Oh, I guess I forgot to mention, but he was currently bound to the padded bed thing by several thick leather bands, with two binding each arm, three for each legs, one around his waist and an unusual collar around his neck. "I apologize for the uncomfortable seating arrangement Samuel, but it was for reasons of safety *beat* MY, safety, that I felt it best to limit your movements to a bare minimum. Now then, are you ready to proceed with the experiment, or do you require a re-briefing?" he inquired in a smooth Yorkshire accent.

"I apologize for the uncomfortable seating arrangement Samuel, but it was for reasons of safety *beat* MY, safety, that I felt it best to limit your movements to a bare minimum. Now then, are you ready to proceed with the experiment, or do you require a re-briefing?

Samuel immediately snapped his jaws at Kirkmond, a monstrous wolf-like snarl rumbling within his throat.  "I did not come 'ere ter be yor wee science experiment, yer limey bastard! Blimey!" Samuel growled, his muscles tensing as he struggled against his restraints.  "That damned Naoya... I thought 'im ter be different, some bloke I could trust... and yet 'ere I am, strapped ter this f$ckin' table, all because 'e seen fit ter have me be used as a c#%tin' guinea pig!!"

He momentarily ceased his straining to give a shallow, miserable laugh.  "Figures," he uttered with a sad smile.  "I go from bein' an experiment ter be used against me own kind... to bein' an experiment ter be used by me own kind. Ain't that just luvly...."  He heaved a sad sigh, eyes beginning to water.  "Story of me life, I spose. Go on, doctor, be done wiv it already...."

[hr]

"Gabby.  Hey, Gabby!" Russell Oxford stood by the futon in the living room, prodding the sleeping Gabriel Guerra with his index finger.  "C'mon, Gabbs, wake up."

"Grrr... aye, carajo, Russell, you know not to wake a sleeping lion," Gabriel mumbled as he rolled off the futon, flopping comically onto the floor.

"Heh-heh.  Hey now, I know last night was exhausting," Russell said to his drowsy roommate, referring to the event that the DWF (Duelist Wrestling Federation) held last night, which ended with Gabriel winning the DWF Championship.  "But we've gotta get to the stadium later.  The Fortune Cup starts today, remember?"

"How could I not remember?" Gabriel groaned as he got up from the hardwood floor.  "If I wasn't training for the Championship, I was training for the Cup.  Friggin' hell...."  Gabriel adjusted his lion mask (which was still on since last night), realigning it so that it was centered properly before beginning to fuss with the mane as he made his way to the bathroom to wash up.

Minutes later, after finishing his shower, Gabriel headed for the kitchen, where Russell had set up breakfast: a couple of breakfast burritos and some sweetrolls (take-out from the local diner).  "What, no bagels?" Gabriel uttered, seemingly disappointed, earning him a flipped birdie from Russell.

"Nah, sorry, they were out of bagels today," Russell explained.

"Well, that's sucks," Gabe sighed, settling on a breakfast burrito.  "So, did you ever get that call?" he asked as he took a bite of the burrito.  "Y'know, from that one chick we met last night.  What was her name again... Scarlet? Carmen? Carly?"

"Carla," Russell replied.  "Carla Bellerose.  And yeah, she did call. This morning, as a matter of fact."  One of the most goofy grins to ever cross Russell's face appeared just then.  "She totally wants to meet up later, so I told her that she could meet me at the Stadium later this afternoon."

"Bueno, Rusty. Good for you.  =3"

Kirkmond rolled his eyes, of course, no one would have seen that due to the mirrored lenses he wore, which was a good thing. If Samuel saw that he probably would have busted through those straps. "Do spare me the melodrama Samuel; Venom is perfectly safe for psychics to use. Though I feel Naoya might be a little cross with you after you unintentionally mauled your fellows during that training exercise. I suppose it is his wish that I finally find out how Venom will react with your... unique physiology, and that it might adjust your attitude a little as well. I will be adminstering to you enough Venom to last about ten minutes. During this time we will partake in a few exercises to test how your psionic abilities have been expanded by it. My estimates will be that you will become powerful enough to perform manifestation, and as a side effect your mental condition might improve during the time as well. Any other effects will be purely due to the prior experiments performed on you by Seraph. Now, which arm do you hold your duel disk with?"

Untitled03_zps9b14a04f.png

She hated this New Domino City already. Everything was too far advanced and too complicated for her to work out. The laws were too different too; she couldn't work out where she'd be in the wrong and where she'd be in the right, so she'd have to suffice with doing whatever she pleased. Most annoying of all were all these infernal machines called D-Wheels or whatever they were buzzing loudly across the many roads of this city. Yet Aiya Tsurara, the future queen of the lands of Frosteria, was summoned practically against her will by the Crimson Dragon. Aiya was used to fighting for power, but soon, she'd be fighting for her life.

However, she could only wish that this darkness was a bit more detectable, so she could snuff it out and be done with the hell-hole that was New Domino City already. The sooner she could get back to rule her own lands, the better. Suddenly, a flyer flew straight into her face, thanks to a D-Wheel that had zoomed past her. Disgusted by this, Aiya ripped the flyer off her face, only to see that it seemed to detail the Fortune Cup that was to come.

"They duel for sheer entertainment?" asked Aiya in a cold tongue, to no-one in particular, "Good grief this lot are imbeciles..."

Sighing, she moved forward, unaware that this could be the lead she was looking for...

Lucas looked around as he didn't know where the voice was coming from, but he remembered the soft innocence of the voice. He turned around and he put on his best fake smile. The beauty of having kids is that you get that over with when they're all grown up. So having to raise a kid again was something he just wasn't about to do. When did cults start bringing back zombie chi...you know what nevermind. His eye twitched as he stared into Claudia's dead eyes. I swear I don't understand cults even though I become a high ranking member in them. He knelt down to the girl and extended his hand. Of course I'll play with you. He proceeded to walk with the young girl down the hall to go find some place to drink  play. 

While eventually settling on some lounge looking place that had some open space for her and, more importantly, a fully stacked bar for him. He quickly poured himself a magical drink and was ready for the slow grueling Hell that pandering to an adolescent zombie child at his age would surely bring. He still kept his smile on though. You know this doesn't have to be too bad I did this with my daughter and again with my grandson. They both ended up alright so why not give it ago. As Lucas watched the girl twirl, dance, or whatever it was that children do a thought popped into his head. Curious don't you have any kind of schooling?

Naoya stood just outside the doors of the laboratory, listening to Samuel and Kirkmond arguing while he drank a cup of coffee. Samuel was furious over being volunteered as a guinea pig, and two of the guards stationed beside Naoya were looking at each other. As he paced around the hallway, Naoya responded to what they were obviously thinking. "Samuel is a special case, my brothers. Fret not, if Kirkmond needs further experiments, the only way either of you will participate is if you should volunteer."

"Mr. Okudaira," one of the guards said, "Don't bother with this. We can handle it from here."

Naoya took another sip. "Oh yes, I know you can. But I'd like to see what Kirkmond has in store."

Naoya was amused that he could command people so much older than him so easily. Either they somehow had taken so long to master their psychic abilities, or in Kirkmond's case, they were just simple humans. The Venom that Kirkmond was engineering made him useful, and Naoya thought that Kirkmond deserved a reward of some kind. But first, he had to focus on finding a way for Samuel to calm down.

"Take five," Naoya ordered to the guards.

"But sir-"

"I'll deal with Samuel. It would be best if you were as far away as possible so that you don't die because he considers you a threat."

"Yes, sir. Understood."

The guards left, and Divine entered the laboratory door, deciding to see the procedure as it happened. He looked at Samuel's snarling face, then turned to Kirkmond. "I trust he's been… cooperative?"

[hr]
Alice awoke, smiling at the bright sun in the sky. The apartment rooms in the Arcadia Movement building were extremely comfortable, and Alice was well-rested, ready to greet the day with a smile. Opening the curtains, she couldn't help but admire how beautiful Neo Domino City looked. Even the birds were singing, and Alice pressed her hand against the window, reaching out for the birds. But like most people, she was hungry, and so she got ready, heading to the cafeteria. The other people there simply took a look at her, rolled their eyes, and returned to their meals, while Alice happily feasted upon her breakfast. She had a good feeling about today, but then again, she was always like that even since joining the Movement.

As soon as Kirkmond had made his inquiry to Samuel, none other than Naoya had entered the lab. Kirkmond was so suprised he almost knocked over the small table holding his tools, but at the last minute he managed to catch it and righten it up. "Naoya, it's a surprise to see you here *beat* by which of course mean I welcome you here. Ah heh heh heh. Urgh. What? Oh, yes, Samuel is being fairly co-operative, for now. I was just inquiring as to which arm he drew his cards with; as I'm testing the new arm-mounted VenominjectorwhichIamkeepingrightonthisworkbenchoverhere" he said, growing more flustered each second.

He walked a little faster than he needed to the said workbench, and held up the device. The main portion of the device was a flan shaped piece of metal which a red circle in the center and four clamps held at each quarter. Two clear tubes ran from it into a second metal disc that was much smaller than the main part. "The purposeofthisdeviceistoensureaconstantsupplyofVenomoveranextendedperiodoftime. It'sonlyabetaprototypenowbutIassureyouitwillbecomeperfectlyfunctionalalongsidetheperfectedVenom" he said just as quickly.

He nervously had to push his glasses back up as they squatted on the bridge of his nose, though they slid down as they rode a small trail of perspiration..

He was here, but now what? It's not like Freud had so much as a starting lead on to where the hell to start, so as to find this Arcadia people. There was no guarantee that even his cellphone would work in this ass-backward place. But, he figured, no harm in trying is there?

He turned it on and was rather pleased to receive a message telling him that there was  coverage, despite the incredibly fucking steep additional charge. But nevermind, he needed this call anyway.

Freud browsed through the phone's contacts, and finally stopped at one particular number. He was about to hit the green button, when he head a faint voice behind him on the street. It sounded around adult, and that made a nerve twitch in his forehead. He immediately calmed down and turned to see the lady.

Really now? She was dressed in a vibrant dress, and had piercing red eyes contrasting her blue hair. She looked almost like she'd say she came from an ice kingdom or some shit. But it wasn't that which bothered him. She had just said the most utterly dumb thing that could come to Freud's mind.

And so he walked up to the lady. His japanese was rusty, but he'd picked some of it before coming to this city. He would have been dumb not to. "Excuse me lady, I couldn't help but hear you. I'm new to this city... and by the looks of it, so are you? So why are you so angry about people playing a game for leisure?"

Samuel gave a smaller sigh this time, still not quite happy about his situation, but at least now he was a bit more calm.  "I'm ambidextrous, actually, so I could go eever way... but for the bleedin' sake of yor wee "study", right, let's say that I play the "right-handed" way, and 'old it on me left arm...."

It was then that Naoya had entered the room, at which point Samuel snarled a bit yet said, as politely as possible, "Well, right good mornin' ter yer too, Naoya."

Then Kirkmond began to make his explanation of his experiment, the device to be used, the Venom compound, etc., etc..  "Oh, for cryin' out loud, mate, don't yor mouth 'ave a break pedal? For Christ sakes, right, there's no need for yer ter be all jittery, right, considerin' I'm the chuffin' one copping experimented on... and now I just realized I've no shirt. Woss wiv that, huh?"

Claudia accepted Lucas' hand as they walked down more hallways until a room with sufficient room was found. Curious... this room also had the foul-smelling liquid. As he released her Claudia walked over to the far edge of the wall tapping her her right foot against her left foot, and vice versa. 

"Sort of..." Claudia's lips drew into a tight line, "in life I was very sickly and confined to bed, but my parents were pretty rich, so my school was quite a bit more advanced than you would think of 10 year old. Most of my practical knowledge comes from the spirits I see, they kept me company during the few years I lived, and that's how I learned to play the card games. There was this young guy with spikey purple and yellow hair, and he was really nice, but really weird too." 

Claudia kneeled down on the floor and set her deck down. Picking up the first card she flipped it, and smiled... her favorite. "Since you've been resurrected you play the card games too right? What's your favorite one? Mine's Alice." Claudia flipped the card in her hand to show Lucas a picture of young blonde girl in a blue dress and white pinafore. 

Aiya whizzed around, only to see a complete stranger (Freud) address her out from the other side of the street. It was safe to say that she wasn't used to such a random audience, but... Aiya sighed, supposing she'd best talk to this guy out of courtesy, rather than in her best interests.

"Truth be told, I'm not so much angry as I am merely irritated," she could be heard groaning as she said this, "However, if you must know why I detest the way these people duel, it's because they rob what it means to duel in the first place. Back in my home land, to win a duel means one has power, but now..."

She paused momentarily, only to ensure no-one else was around. This one stranger alone was all she was in the mood to converse with.

"...now it's just the weak building on top of the weak..." said Aiya, in a tone of utmost disgust.

Untitled04_zps858a8d60.png

'Stop here,' instructed the Duel Spirit of Earthbound God Rorccon. It's supposed master, Tetsuya Itegami, could only wonder why; this place was nothing like anywhere his brother Makoto or their mother would even bypass, let alone live inside. But Tetsuya noted that something was off with the underground mansion that Rorccon insisted that he explore, deep within the B.A.D. Area. It seemed that there were others like him... other Dark Signers that have been revived for a single purpose in overthrowing the Earthbound Gods' enemies: the Crimson Dragon and its champions. Tetsuya himself was quick to note two in particular; an elderly man (Lucas) and a child, or at least who appeared to be one (Claudia), and observed the former in great detail, as if he was supposed to recall him somehow.

"Well... that's an old man; certainly not mine," Tetsuya turned to Rorccon after saying this to himself, 'What made you think Dad would be one of them for anyway?'

'The King of the Netherworld can revive anyone he wills,' Rorccon explained, 'All he requires in return is their infinite service,'

'But Dad was a good guy,' Tetsuya replied in a sorrowful tone, 'And so are Makoto and Mom for that matter,'

'You make it sound as though they won't approve of seeing you again,' stated Rorccon, 'Though it matters not. Just knowing that they remain safe is enough, if I recall correctly. After we're done here though, we should locate the one that attacked your parents and murdered your father. You can finally accomplish your vengeance this way, and in addition, I can actually begin harvesting some more souls for once.'

'Right,' after saying this to Rorccon, Tetsuya approached the two Dark Signers he'd found, "Hey. Are you two the only ones here, or are there supposed to be more?"

Lucas was slightly amused at this young ladies explanation. A rich child who received special homeschoolin' it was interesting for him to figure out. Though it didn't really matter she seemed innocent enough. And since he had liquor nearby there wouldn't be anything to actually keep him from enjoying his time with this child. He smiled took a sip and pulled out his own deck and looked throughout his cards. He never really liked the game but his deck did get him out of some pretty tough situations. He looked back as he remembered his duel against that emissary of darkness and how he barely kept going against that woman's power. Finally he saw a card that would be fun to talk about.

Well I may not like the game as much as you do but I do have a favorite card. He pulled out a spell card from his deck and he showed it to the young girl. This is the spell card known as Reversal Quiz. Its a risky card but if you know what you're doing it can be very...fun. And its pretty much turns the duel into a 1 turn guessing game. But let's just say that the man in this card has a very fun story to tell and my deck is pretty much based around that story. Lucas said with a smile. So why do you like Alice there?

Before the young lady could answer it seemed that another one of his colleagues had a question. Except this person didn't seem know that they were his colleague yet. The boy asked if there were other Dark Signer's and that just made Lucas' eyebrow raise. Interesting to see another wanderer travel about yet mysteriously find his way to this location. It seemed these Earthbound creatures are pretty good at guiding each there owners to the central hub. Though Lucas getting a tad annoyed being the oldest Dark Signer, appearance wise anyway. Well other than one of us, who are you again? Lucas asked the young man who didn't even bother to introduce himself. Seriously, what is up with youth and manners.

Freud almost burst out laughing, though his feelings were mostly those of disgust. This woman was exactly the kind of person whom he longed to... "correct". And here he was, listening to her with feigned interest and relative courtesy. Even if he knew that he was listening to what the world was now about, more or less; it was still unbelievably and utterly dumb.

But he chuckled lightly. "W-well. That's a bizarre way to see things. But I understand, at least. Then, sorry for having taken your time. Perhaps one time, if we ever happen to meet again in Neo Domino Stadt, I can show you how the weak fare.

And, um, I'm Garrison by the way. Garrison Freud." He extended a shy and shaking hand to the girl, actually wishing he was taking it up to her neck.

"Strike him down King of Divine Punishment, Black Highlander!" Silver called as the former's scythe struck the leader of the Wingbeat's Dragon Devil - King Dragoon dropping his life points down to zero securing a victory for Silver's team The Warriors, which he took leadership of after that fateful day. Upon his loss, Team Wingbeat's leader got down on one knee and punched the ground in rage and declaring that it isn't over which didn't faze Silver one bit as he knew that he wouldn't be bothered by The Wingbeats again.

Heading back to their hideout with another victory under their belts, the 3 boys walked past the crossroads where they first met. It was lined with a pillar of rods with James' bandana wrapped around them and at the bottom a message which were James' last words read. "No dream is impossible." The 3 of them shed a tear as they decided to head back to the hideout post haste, and on the way, Silver was rustling his pockets as it contained a D-Wheel part that he liberated after the leader of the Wingbeats had dropped it.

Picking up a wrench and taking it to the garage, Silver inserted the liberated acceleration chip in his D-Wheel in the hopes that it'll work as the last few attempts had failed due to them being rusty. Pulling the clutch , the engine started and stopped after a few moments, this had led Silver to try again as he was determined that this time it'll work and after a few attempts with Silver getting slightly more annoyed after each failure, the D-Wheel's engine had started working, however it still isn't finished as there are still a few parts that he has to get.

After the engine tests had proved successful, Silver wrote down a list of parts that he needed to complete his D-Wheel and went outside where Steve had told him "I just heard that a gang called the Marketers have got a load of D-Wheel parts but they won't give them up for cheap."
"Then we'll just have to beat them." Silver replied wanting to claim those parts to complete his D-Wheel.

Claudia studied Lucas' card as he explained it, thinking it might be good way to pass the time if he explained the Quiz Man's story, though he asked why Claudia favored Alice so, and to be polite she thought she'd explain. As she opened her mouth to explain though the pair was interrupted by a red-haired boy who asked if they were the only one's here. 

"You know its polite to introduce yourself first," was Claudia's reply to him as she wrinkled her nose at his poor etiquette, "but to answer your question no. We're not the only Dark Signers, there's Talia, but she's a bit of shut in, and Sol- Solacriso... no wait that's not right, it hard to pronounce, Solcasio... no... oh wait Solasiro!" Claudia's face momentarily lit up with child-ish delight at getting the name right, before returning to deadpan. "Anyway, I'm Claudia, pleased to meet you," the child paused giving Lucas a moment to introduce himself before continuing, "so... um... would you like to join us? We're talking about card games." 

Untitled04_zps858a8d60.png

"Well, normally I would, but... I'd honestly prefer it if we knew as little about each other as possible," Tetsuya replied to Claudia, before a brief pause, then a reference to the elderly man as he spoke again, "But since he asked, my name's Tetsuya."

As he shook Claudia's hand, Tetsuya pondered about the name Solasiro, swearing he heard of such a name before. It was thrown about a lot while Tetsuya spent his time in The Facility, after all. Perhaps Solasiro would know where the man that intruded the old Itegami apartment was. But if Solasiro were to have denied Tetsuya his vengeance this whole time, then he was gonna pay for it.

"Alright, I'll join you," Tetsuya decided, taking a seat next to the two, "But if Solaris or whoever shows up, then remind me to have a word with him." 

"Aiya Tsurara," Aiya took Freud's hand and shook it as she said this, keeping her introduction brief, "Well, since we both have places to be, I shall take my leave,"

With that, she turned her back and continued to walk down the path she was already headed.

Kirkmond's embarrassment was almost adorable. He was able to follow the scientist's flustered explanations, although Samuel was more concerned with, of all things, his lack of a shirt. "Standard procedure for this sort of thing, Samuel," Naoya explained. "Kirkmond may have to inject you in places other than your arms, and I imagine that a shirt would simply get in the way. Tell you what, Samuel, if you behave, I'll treat you to something nice. The experiment doesn't even have to be a success - although I'm sure you'll do a fine job, Kirkmond - but I might as well thank you for not being as aggressive as you could be."

Naoya observed the device Kirkmond showed off, thinking back on how Kirkmond described it as a prototype. "Provided that this experiment isn't a complete success, how would that affect development on the next version of your device?"

[hr]
As the Dark Signers were getting to know one another, a figure gracefully danced through the air, laughter echoing against the walls. The figure landed on the tip of his feet, taking a bow as he made himself known to Tetsuya, Lucas, and Claudia. The figure stood straight, stroking a hand through bright-colored hair, with a white lock obscuring one of his eyes. "Allow me to educate you plebeians. 'So-la-sear-row.' I have stayed my hand, waiting in the shadows until it was time for my scene, but I simply cannot stand by as my name is sullied by such ignoramuses. Now please, Mr. Tetsuya, I have graced you with my beauteous visage, so if you should have business with me, you have my attention."

Kirkmond took a short calming breath, and then addressed Naoya whilst also ignoring Samuel's rather unnecessary remarks. "This being the first prototype, it will be an investiation on which location on the body will provide the best supply of Venom to the brain and the rest of the body. The intention of this prototype is to inject a slow but steady stream into the system via a microneedle inserted into the capillaries located in the hand" Kirkmond explained, holding up his left hand for emphasis.

"The clamp is merely to hold the storage unit in place. Should this particular model fail to deliver efficient flow, I will investigate another avenue whilst also working on perfecting this one. I have already in mind an applicator that is in the form of a harness. There will be two microneedles that inject into the back, but four storage units this time, with two on the back and two on the front. This will make the device more subtle and able to be worn under clothes, though I will need to develop a seperate model for our female members... But that's for another day, and report. *Ahem* Okay Samuel, the process will begin now" he said and approached the wolfman.

He kept his hands steady despite the excitement, and placed the storage unit onto Samuel's bound left shoulder. It gently clamped itself to his shoulder, allowing Kirkmond to release. The second device was placed on top of Samuel's hand. "Now, you'll feel a slight pinch" Kirkmond said as the device beeped and jabbed the needle into its holder's hand.

The scientist took a few steps back to admite the look, before claming a vial with a metal cap containing a clear yellow-green fluid from a test tube rack. He approached the subject and placed the tip of the vial into the storage unit. He hesitated for a moment, and then looked back to Naoya. "I would advise it best if you were to take a few steps back Naoya" he said, and waited until Naoya did so.

Now with Naoya out of the way (and out of general proximity), Kirkmond could focus on the Venom. "Progress begins now" he declared as he twisted the vial and released the Venom into the device.

He bounded away to a safe distance as the clear tubes filled with Venom and the light on top of the needle pad turned the same yellow-green colour.

(OOC: The intended effects here will be that Samuel will lose the bipolarity disorder whilst becoming more focused and controlled; and his eye colour will turn the colour of Venom. Any body horror you feel like doing is entirely up to you.)

Archived