Yu-Gi-Oh! The Five Dragons [5D's Remake RP|Started|Accepting|PG-13|IC]

Lucas had to respect Claudia's way of making friends. She got this Tetsuya character to somehow come in and act right. Lucas didn't really understand this pseudo person though. His attitude came off as rushed and stand-offish. Then again getting the news that you've become a zombie can be pretty unnerving. Therefore Lucas decided to that he should follow the young ladies suit and introduce himself as well. Lu...Lucas was immediately cut off as the show man had arrived, or more accurately put he revealed himself. This naturally made the old man's eye started to twitch. Oh look, a diva. He thought in his mind and taking another drink. 

Lucas just took in a deep inhale and sighed. Yea..that's the man you were looking for and my name is Lucas Matthews. Lucas quickly looked around and realized that all of the Dark Signers were gathered in one place. Well I wonder if we're all here, where is our boss?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Belphor watched his opponent with disinterest, as the man began his turn. “Alright, I’ll start by using Resurrection of the Dead !" Following the man’s gruff announcement, a monster appeared on the field in a blinding flash of light. Upon taking a single glance at the creature, Belphor instantly recognized the it as Machiners Fortress , and let lose a deliberately loud yawn, before glancing at his own set card. “Yea, and?”

The man turned red with anger, in response to Belphor’s antics; placing a card that he had appeared to be planning to activate, back into his hand before violently pointing towards Evil Hero Wild Cyclone. “You know what?! Screw it, I’m just gona wipe that dump look off your face!”  As he spoke, his own monster arched forward, before firing it's massive mounted cannon at Belphor’s Evil hero. “Machiner Fortress, crush him!”

"Magical Cylinder" Belphor anoynced with a blank expression, as his trap card sprang to life. The opposing monster's attack was then absorbed, before being sent back towards the very same man that gave the order. "F***." Was the man's only response, as his life points dwindled to zero. The crowds  cheers erupted through the streets, as the spectacle came to a close. 

"Thanks guys, I appreciate the support." Belphor nodded humbly at the crowd, as streets began to clear. The majority of the spectator's were simply civilians who had wanted to kill some time. But the ones who had stayed were apart of Belphor's steadily growing fan base, and had already began bombarding him with questions. "Umm ok, I suppose I have some time before the Fortune Cup..." The green haired lad chuckled as he leaned against his D-wheel, contently chatting with the small huddle of people 

Untitled04_zps858a8d60.png

Tetsuya nodded to acknowledge Lucas' introduction, as well as the confirmation that Solasiro arrived which he knew already, before turning to the man in question.

"Good; now listen close, 'cause I'd rather not repeat myself," stated Tetsuya, "There's a man; 6' 4", stocky build, blonde hair, wears a pair of jeans and one of those red and black swandri jackets or whatever they're called... and a baseball cap, too. This guy had the audacity to break into my old apartment, kill my dad and try to take my mom with him before I took the bullet for her. Would've taken the asshole down myself if I hadn't dived after it wrong, but that's beside the point. Now, since I know you're here and we both know your reputation as a dirty cop, I have this to ask you; have you seen this man? And if so, what have you done with him?"

With this finally off his chest, Tetsuya could only await an answer from Solasiro.

Just as Tetsuya sat down, the group was graced with the appearance of Solasiro, who took the lovely moment to insult them all. Apparently Lucas was the only one who had any form of manners or respect at all.

"Speak of the devil..." Claudia mumbled, giving Solasiro a side long glance, "yes your name is just the most easy thing to pronounce your divine p****lyness. Ahem excuse my language." Claudia returned Alice to the deck in front of her again taking it into her hand. She turned to face Tetsuya as he confronted Solasiro, and sighed, then again should he really have expected someone without proper etiquette to be civilized. 

"I don't think Talia would appreciate us fighting, so keep that in mind during your conversation Mr. Tetsuya," Claudia interrupted in a monotone, not even bothering to warn Solasiro who thought himself above everyone else, though hoped he wouldn't provoke the testy young man.

"Talia? She doesn't like to come out much... plotting her evil plan is more her style... you know like the villains in the Saturday cartoons," Claudia replied to Lucas attempting to answer his question, but then remembered how she was supposed to talk to adults, "oh, do you prefer Lucas or Mr. Matthews?" 

Lucas' eyes widened as it had been a long time since a non-family member displayed any kind of etiquette. He was simply gobsmacked, but in a good way. I'll let you decide on that one since you're the only one with a decent upbringing around here. I'm sure your parents are proud. Now as for our leader I know she is away plotting but I find it odd that she doesn't talk to her employees that much. Especially when a new recruit has just shown up. Though this makes me wonder what is the depth of her power? Can she sense us and our Earthbound Immortals? What is our group end goal anyway? I swear these are things I should've probably asked about these things when I was first recruited. Well, at least there is one redeeming light so far.

Naoya thought that Kirkmond seemed to be a bit too excited at the prospect of designing the models for the women in the Arcadia Movement. Nevertheless, he stepped back as Kirkmond suggested, seeing no reason to argue with the scientist. "Given the way this works, I think it would be best to start with our more… durable members, and work our way down. In the meantime, we must prepare for the Fortune Cup. The humans-" Naoya cleared his throat, trying to ignore his slip. "People are making a show of it, and I'd like to see what everyone else wants. I'm thinking we either try and enter some of our members as contestants, attend as audience members, or crash the party. What do you think, Kirkmond?" He looked at the ongoing procedure, making no comment on what was going on with Samuel, instead talking loud enough for him to hear. "How about you, Samuel? What do you say about the Fortune Cup?"

[hr]
Solasiro stroked his chin, trying to think of who Tetsuya could be referring to. The young girl, Claudia, had a mouth on her, so Solasiro thought it best to ignore her insults. "Hmm, perhaps. I saw a few blonde men during my time at the Facility. Never did get acquainted with many of the people there beyond that warden, Takeda. Alas, in my escape from the Facility, my Earthbound God found it fit to take the souls of the many people there. No doubt the Public Security Maintenance Bureau has replaced the officers there, but unless the man you seek was released early, my dear Ccoshobar would have slain him like any of the others there." Solasiro smiled, knowing how Tetsuya must feel about what he just said. "Of course, I should have realized that my colleagues would have grudges against those who were placed in the Facility. What a tragedy, to have robbed you of your vengeance! Please, do not begrudge me, but we are all sinners, are we not?" Solasiro held back a smile, happy to have already made an enemy among his allies without even trying.

It was the appointed time. The Satellite Awareness Program (or S.A.P.) was already in full swing by the time that Gren arrived on the scene, the "scene" being a staging area just outside a veritable mountain of trash. Gren knew this particular mountain well, it was a direct pipeline from the technology and engineering sector of Neo Domino. He had found most of his D-Wheel parts here, and it was he who suggested that this be their access point into the city. As he walked his D-Wheel onto the compound, he surveyed the team: a couple of people were huddled over laptops, running programs and whispering frantically to each other. About three others were finishing work on a braced ramp, probably so that Gren's D-Wheel wouldn't sink in the piles of junk. As he moved further in, he spotted a woman, standing over a table, talking to a man sitting at the same table. She heard his approach and turned, dark hair whipping behind her. She smiled, and so did he.

"You ready for this?" she asked, and Gren could not help but notice the note of excitement in her voice.

"Not nearly as much as you, it looks like. Maybe you should be the one to run through the trash vents instead of me."

"I wish I could, but we can only get one guy in there, and you're faster than anyone around here. As much as I'd like to stick it to those snobs, you're the only one that can go."

They both turned and looked at the ramp, and the mound that lay all around them.

"Eight months of planning, recruiting, and guessing, and it all comes down to tonight. So I gotta ask again, leader thing and all, are you ready to do this?"

Gren put on his helmet, and dropped the visor down.

"Let's do it."

VROOOOOOMMMMmmmmm

Gren revved his D-Wheel, getting it prepped to go at the speed he needed it to in a moment's notice. The goal was to get in the tube as fast as possible and get out in equal time. The program that S.A.P. had created essentially looped the ten minute maintenance period indefinitely. In theory, they could take as much time as they need, but eventually someone would catch on, alert Security, and ruin the entire operation. They needed to move quickly. Gren revved his D-Wheel again to make sure that everything sounded good. Thankfully, the machine roared as it previously had: with gusto. It was as ready as he was.

The woman made a contact link with the D-Wheel. "When we give the signal, I need you in that pipeline in ten seconds. Think you can do it?"

"Easily."

"Right, midnight's just about to come up."

Gren pulled up his clock to see that she was right. Just about fifteen seconds left. As the countdown began, Gren began to rev again, both to prepare to go as fast as possible, as well as a sort of comforting mechanism for what was to come.

Five...

Four...

Three...

Two...

One.

The clock struck zero, and the signal appeared on his D-Wheel. It was time to move. Gren surged forward, pushing the D-Wheel as far as it could go. In two seconds he was on the ramp, at four, he launched off it, and at eight seconds he was in the pipeline, shooting down at blistering speed, headed for Neo Domino with purpose and destiny in tow.

Kirkmond stoked his chin slightly, and glanced over to his duel disk, which is kept on one of the storage shelves. "As, satisfying as it would be to ruin an event the city would be very looking forward to, I succintly doubt it will improve our PR with the, people'" Kirkmond replied, being careful to tiptoe around Naoya's slip.

Idly reaching into his labcoat, Kirkmond removed his own deck and gave it a slight shuffle. He flipped the top card and revealed the Venom Swamp card. He idly continued to flip each card of his deck as he continued. "But that is not to say the Movement is not deserving of a place in the tournament. Frankly I am disgusted that the PSMB has not already issued an invitation to us for such a prestigious event. I imagine we should make our case towards them, aggresively if needs be. I have viewed the profiles of a good number of our members; and I can assuredly recomend a good deal of them for the position. I would conceive it best to have four of our duelists enter the tournament, yourself included Naoya, of course".

All the cards of the deck had been flipped over, and they were retired back to the coat as looked expectantly to Samuel. The Venom should have circulated enough by now for the full effects to be apparant.

Night cast a shadow over Neo Domino city where lights formed what appeared to constellations from a bird's eye view. At the peak of a large building a, on the top floor Saito stood anxious in his penthouse, looking dreamily at the stadium in which the fortune cup is to be held. "The next big tournament, the next big step to success." He reached for his deck and held it tight "Finally my questions will be answered." just as he spoke music resonated from his pocket

"Hello?"

"Yes."

"I understand." He carefully placed his phone on a nearby table. In just two days the tournament would take place. He had to prepare and he knew just where to go.

It took a few moments for the Venom to begin having any effect on Samuel, who listened intently on the conversation between Naoya and Kirkmond.  The moment that they did hit, however, boy, did they hit; a sharp pain ran throughout his entire body, causing him to struggle against his restraints even harder than before, veins popping across his torso as his muscles tensed.  He also began to feel an intense heat well up in his head, a fever that began to dull his senses a bit.  And the screaming in his head... well, actually, Sam wasn't entirely sure if it was truly in his head, or if he was the one doing the actual screaming.  It seemed too muffled for him to tell....

Eventually, his heart rate, having spike due to his exertion, began to return to normal, his breathing more relaxed.  He didn't know how, exactly, but Sam felt... more at ease now, as if his mind wasn't trying to constantly tear itself apart.

"How about you, Samuel?" he could vaguely hear Naoya say as his conscious mind was regaining focus.  "What do you say about the Fortune Cup?"

"Fortune Cup, ehh?" Sam uttered, his speech a bit more stable while still retaining its accent.  "Well, I spose it would be nice ter compete in that. Cor blimey guv, would I lie to you?"  He was a bit surprised with how straightforward his own answer was, but decided not to pay it any mind for the moment as he continued, "I mean, I've never been one of them Pro Duelists, not that I remember, but, hey, can't be that 'ard, right, can it? Could be fun, even."

"... ... erm, any chance that I may cop ffese restraints taken off, then, guv?" he asked after a brief silence. "I promise not ter bite," he added almost jokingly, giving a small grin, showing off his teeth.

[hr]

After getting himself dressed in a pair of denim jeans, boots and an off-white short-sleeved dress shirt, William made his way downstairs,  where he came upon a rather amusing sight of his adopted daughter, Luisa DeLane, dancing about to the radio as she prepared breakfast, unaware that her father was watching.  "Having fun, Luisa?"

Not expecting her father to have arrived so soon--and so quietly, at that--Luisa jumped with a yelp, accidentally tossing the plate she was holding up into the air.  Thinking quickly, William ran over and caught the plate, along with the ham-and-cheese omelette that managed to separate itself from said plate.  "Omigod, DADDY!"  Luisa said in a somewhat fussy tone.  "What the crap, I wasn't expecting you to just pop out of nowhere!"

William chuckled as he patted a hand to her head.  "Sorry, kiddo.  Guess I'm just light-footed for my size," he said as he took the plate over to the kitchen table.  "You did a good job with breakfast, though, looks great."

After having dropped Luisa off at school, William eventually arrived at the PSMB Building.  Bidding a good morning to the receptionist, William made his way to his office.

Freud was mildly amused at how the female left him standing there without actually defending her "culture" at all- in his mind, it was further proof of how bogus the concept was. Playing card games for anything other than cheap leisure was a joke. He laughed at the idea once again. Playing card games for status, heh heh heh.

Oh, but he had a call to make, didn't he? He had to set to work as quickly as possible, even if he did intend to spend the first few weeks living in a hotel and keeping it low, he had to contact the Arcadia soon enough. So he decided about now was a good time to try and make the link.

Walking on, as to not remain standing in one place for too long, he drew his phone once again. Even as he looked up the number again and hung the phone to his ear, he could not get the image of this young woman off his head. What she had said upset him. How  she said it upset him even more. So, he decided; I won't just burn her cards once I find her. I'll shoot a bullet through her skull.

"Hmm... Lucas sounds nicer, so I think I'll call you that," Claudia smiled, "I believe I owe you an explanation as well. Alice... well I think one of the reasons I'm so fond of her is she got to go on many amazing adventures, and through the books I could go on them with her, even though I was confined to my bed. Looking back I suppose its kind of cliche.and childish." Claudia scratched her cheek slightly embarrassed. 

Standing Claudia stretched, even though it was unnecessary because she was dead it felt good to go through the motion anyway. She considered what Lucas had said, what was the extent of Talia's powers, and what was she using them for? Even though the morality of it didn't particularly matter to Claudia, she was dead what was she going to do about, why with all the secrecy... it seemed so unnecessary.

"Your right. Talia's behavior is quite odd isn't it?" Claudia's eyebrows furrowed, "I wonder just exactly what she's doing... so odd..." Claudia tapped her foot, Lucas had given her food for thought. "Anyway, did you have any hobbies when you were alive, Lucas?" 

The scientist remained passive as Samuel jerked and heaved in his restraints. The Venom was doing its work, though none of the others have ever convulsed like that. Maybe the Venom was in some ways being rejected by the host? No, that theory went capoot as Samuel calmed down, and seemed very relaxed and placcid. Kirkmond didn't have much of a sense of humour at times, but he could tell the sincerity in Samuel's tone.

Striding back over to the padded table, bench... thingy, he carefully undid each restraint, from the legs, to the right arm. "His fur is certainly quite soft, he must use a good deal of hair care products."

Kirkmond took special care to undo the restraints on the left arm as to not disrupt the cords that hung over top. Then finally the one around Samuel's waist. The collar; that was going to stay. Better safe then sorry after all. With each strap undone, Kirkmond took the right hand of his patient and carefully timed the beats of his pulse. "Your pulse is normal, which is excellent. I was concerned for a moment there that there would be irregularities, but there is certainly enough human in you that the Venom was not rejected, if maybe supressed for a brief moment. Though, if the records show this is your first time under the chemical, it might just be your body adjusting... ugh, I'm rambling. Okay Samuel, seeing as how you appear perfectly cognizant, I won't need to perform the simplest tests beyond this one: How do you feel?" he inquired.

Saito watched from a doorway as the metal doors of the garage parted. The lights were off and in the gloom of the night he could see a black cover which he swiftly removed to reveal a shiny motorcycle. It was black and purple and responded to his touch as if it could feel his presence. My duel runner Thought Saito as he mounted himself comfortably. He revved the engines emitting a loud roar before shooting out of the garage doors into the dark of the city. 

Eventually he approached a small building. On it was the logo of his sponsors, a wealthy technology company whom have paid especially to create this training centre for they knew the more successful Saito became the more well known their company will become.

Upon reaching close proximity to the building his duel runner skidded to a stop as he dismounted it. He searched for an interface which opened a garage for his duel runner to be stored. Saito entered through the main entrance to be welcomed by a pure white interior. Nobody was present, probably asleep at this time but Saito was not bothered. He merely took it upon himself to enter the control room and upon doing so the small duelling area was lit up. "Activate duelling AI TG-7" The command was registered by the building's computer system and a hologram representing a generic duellist shimmered on the training platform. Saito revealed his duel disk and stood in the opposite side of the building, facing his opponent.

Lucas wondered what his hobbies were. "Well let's see when I was alive I was an archeologist so when I retired I sort kept trying to tinker with old things. I think that's how I joined the first cult. They had a very valuable stone that I just couldn't refuse the opportunity to examine. Looking back on it. It was worth it. I got to see my grandson one last time. Never quite got into the playing of cards though. But there is always alcohol. The drink accompanied with music has always been a good friend of mine. What about you I mean you don't seem like you were allowed a good chance at life so what did you do with the time you had?

Lucas actually didn't pay that much attention to the ramblings of the diva. His soul taking prowess was much more impressive. The majority of the Detroit population had their souls syphoned by him. Of course He did also turn the Wind-Up archetype into a bunch of megazords and ordered them to thrash about the city in order to get the good guys attention. But that was neither here nor there the diva and his melodrama should be taken with a grain of salt. This made Lucas wonder why his Earthbound Immortal didn't speak to him like others did. Then he realized it was his Earthbound Immortal who dragged him throughout space time so its not like it did not care. He was going to sit down and have a chat with it later. There were so many questions he felt like asking it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The school bell rang and school was out. Students of all varying ages were leaving Neo Dominio City's Duel academy and among them were three little girls. THUNDER TROUPE WINS AGAIN!! A tiny pink haired girl shouted as she and her two friends were smiling. You managed to get us the win again Xiaoyin. Emi said smiling brightly. It was tough though. Dr. Hoffman kept putting us against the upperclassmen thinking we would get slaughtered. I don't understand what's the deal with that guy. Yeah but I'm sorry I lost Maika said with a sad face. Don't worry about it. That dude surely had luck on his side to draw that Dark Hole against your Batterymen assault. Xiaoyin replied. Now quit being sad and let's put our hands in. All three girls put their hands in began their signature chant THUNDER, THUNDER, THUNDER!! THUNDER TROUPE SHOCK THUNDER TROUPE WINS! The girls jumped up in the air in elation. 

Next thing the girls noticed was a dog that ran up and pounced pounced on Xiaoyin. It started to lick her affectionately and she started laughing. GOOOOOUUU!! It was her big brother's dog which could only mean one thing. Emi and Maika looked at the direction that the dog came from and they saw that there he was, famous pro duelist Gao Bailong. The girls squealed with excitement and they (along with a bunch of other students) ran up to the Chinese Pro-Duelist hassling him for autographs. Xiaoyin got to her feet and scrunched her face up watching her glory hogging brother come in and just be famous. Her eyes started twitching as she made eye contact with him. Heeey sis!  Come on Baba and Mama wanted me to pick you and your friends up from school.  You're having a sleepover or something? Xiaoyin cartoonishly pouted as Gou pushed her into her brothers car and after a couple minutes of autograph signing and picture taking the group managed to drive off. 

While they were driving on the highway Bailong took this time to chat up his little sister and her friends. So how was school today? You lose again Mei Mei? Just for your information I ended up winning and I'm set to have the highest grades in the class. Well you should since you spent all that time training with me. You got to train with a Pro Duelist no wonder you're so good. Maika commented. Meh he's not that great, he can barely read the cards. This made Bailong laugh out loud. Yea she's right just don't tell my boss that I don't want to get fired. Everyone enjoyed a light laugh, but it was interrupted by the sounds of alarms going off on the road. It seems as if a turbo duel was about to commence and the lane had to be cleared. Seriously, you took one of the duel lanes to go home. Hey, its quicker to get to their new home I thought it was a necessary risk. Anywho let's just take this detour and we can regroup on the main road. 

Unfortunately this little detour took the group a lot more out of the way than they wanted. It seemed to take them into the factory district of the city. This was a tad spooky but Baiong decided to pull over and stop on the side. Why are we stopping here Emi wondered. That pipeline down there, I think that is the famous one that connects this side of the city to Satellite. Gou comes out the car and starts peering towards the pipeline. Yea Gou hears it too. I think someone is coming through it.

"First cult?" Claudia scrunched her nose, "were there other weird people like this?" Glancing over at Tetsuya and Solariso the dead child considered multiples of each... "Ew." Claudia brought her attention back to Lucas, Claudia wondered what she could have considered hobbies. "Well, I read a lot, but other than the card games I guess that's about all I could have considered a hobby... well one of the spirits taught me how to draw... what was his name again... red suit, long silver hair, really funny... Maximillion Unicorn... no, no... Pegasus that's it! Some of the spirits from other countries taught me different languages too."

Claudia walked off briefly to pull up a chair, so that she was now sitting directly across from Lucas seeming quite content. 

"So, this first cult... what was it like? Was it like this one? What did you try to do?"

Untitled04_zps858a8d60.png

"You mean to say my only chance of vengeance would be if he managed to escape?!" Tetsuya was initially angry when he asked this, but then, realizing that this was entirely possible, that anger slowly turned to fear; not so much about his own safety, but for that of what was left of his family. Makoto and their mother certainly would be none too happy that the guy that took away the head of the Itegami family was out on the loose again, especially with the intention of finishing the job.

"Right, that's it; I have to leave... right now," said Tetsuya, before he turned to Lucas and Claudia, "Sorry, but this is important to me,"

With that, he left on his own accord, just to make sure the bastard he was after was indeed sucked up by Ccoshobar, and not prowling the streets.

"I have details regarding the Marketers D-Wheel part auction." Steve said running towards to duo of Kyle and Silver as he got his info from one of the older guys in their district. "It all kicks off at 10am so that is when we strike."

Confirming the place that the auction was to take place, which was located near their hideout as the Warriors learned, Silver gathered the guys for one final briefing before their imminent assault. "Right guys, in a few moments we will converge onto the Marketers' hideout to crash their auction. Because of this we should be able to sneak in as their members will be guarding the D-Wheel parts." Of course the thought of acting as auctioneers had crossed his mind, but Silver wanted to do things the fun way. "So are we ready?"

The time was slowly ticking towards 10am and the Warriors were wading through the trash, treading over glass and generally climbing over walls of trash just so they can get to their destination as soon as they can. All the while this was giving the trio a sort of adrenaline rush but then again so did the prospect of brawling with other duel gangs across satellite.

"Do I have $50?" a voice said faintly slowly getting louder as the trio got closer. No doubt this was the Marketers' hideout and their auction had just started, although the boys had agreed to not infiltrate the sale until just before the hammer falls, and timing was crucial especially if the part that would be sold first was one that Silver needed for his D-Wheel.

"$60 going once, $60 going twice. All in fair warn..."
As soon as the words 'All in fair warn' were spoken, Silver gave the silent signal and the trio converged on the scene with Silver slowly clapping which in turn caused a distraction.
"Nice little set up you have here Marketers." Silver said trying to hid his smug grin. "Such a shame we had to interrupt proceedings isn't it?"
"And who might you be?" Marketer Dan asked, "More to the point, what are you doing here?"
"We are the Warriors-"
"The Warriors?" Dan immediately replied mildly surprised by their introduction. It was clear that the tragic accident had spread throughtout Satellite. "I thought you guys had disbanded after the... tragic accident."

"... Right, Now it's personal." Silver said starting to get annoyed. He knew that he had to start the duel quickly otherwise things would get ugly. "I see you have a bunch of D-Wheel parts over there. How about we duel for them. If I win then I get all the parts over there-"

"However if I win, you agree to disband your duel gang." Dan responded wanting to humiliate the trio further. Even Kyle and Steve thought that the stakes were ludicrous, but they know Silver wouldn't turn down a challenge, after all they were here to take down the Marketers anyway.
"Very well, I accept your terms." Silver replied with such confidence.

Everyone who was present at the auction stepped away to clear the area for Silver and Dan's duel. "DUEL!"

"Okay Samuel," Kirkmond said as he finished undoing the restraints, "seeing as how you appear perfectly cognizant, I won't need to perform the simplest tests beyond this one: How do you feel?"

"How do I feel?" Sam repeated, still trying to get used to this "new" feeling.  " Like... it's as if I'm the most "normal" I've felt in ages.  As if... I'm almost the real me again," he said, even giving the doctor a half-hearted smile.  The smile faded as soon as it came, once his eyes wandered past Kirkmond and toward a mirror over on a far wall.  Seeing his monstrous visage in the reflection brought a pained frown upon his face. 

"... if only I could say the chuffin' same for the way I look...."

Kirkmond followed Samuel's gaze to the mirror, and he could feel his own heart tighten a little; though Naoya, he probably didn't care for Samuel's appearance, not one bit no doubt. Kirkmond fumbled for something in a pocket of his coat, but a pen slipped from his fingers and clattered by the bench. As he knelt down to pick it up, he spoke in a hushed whisper: "For now, yes. But who is to say the process is one way. Maybe after I have finished with Venom I can beginon reversing your process."

His fingers clenched the pen and he straightened himself up before pressing out the creases on the coat. The pen returned to his pocket as he removed a trading card from it; it was the Sword of Dark Destruction. He reactivated his holopad and held it diagonally to ensure an adequate viewing. "If you feel well enough Samuel, I would like you to sit up, and then attempt to Materialize this card here. From there, I want you to test it out on a training mannequin here" he said, pressing a button on the holopad.

In a more vacant spot nearby the floor opened up and a store mannequin rose from it. It was completely white and bare, witht he dull vacant eyes an ordinairy human would have. "Whenever you feel ready."

Naoya smiled, happy that Kirkmond understood that ruining the Fortune Cup wouldn't reflect very well on the Arcadia Movement. "I know, but it was a simple suggestion." However, Naoya tried to consider who to enter into the Fortune Cup. Samuel's seizure during the procedure didn't really surprise him, although it was strange that Kirkmond theorized that it was Samuel's humanity that accepted the Venom. Naoya wasn't going to say anything, but it did make him feel a little sick that psionics still needed something human for something like this. For something so primitive to be a psionic's saving grace was simply disgusting. Samuel wasn't helping matters, as he seemed happy to be more human than he had ever been in years.

"You look fine, Samuel, but I understand your pain. Kirkmond, for our dear friend's sake, if you truly can undo the process that made him the way he is, you are to make that your top priority as soon as you can. As an incentive, I will allow you to represent us in the Fortune Cup. So if the three of us are to participate, who would you suggest be our fourth and final representative?"

[hr]
As Tetsuya made his leave, Solasiro looked around, acting like his comrades were just statues. "It is said that revenge is a dish best served cold. Such a pity that Tetsuya would enact his so hastily. If it is truly so important to him, then he would savor the moment, relishing in the agony of the man who has haunted him so." Solasiro then began to notice that Lucas and Claudia were still talking with each other. "How rude of you. Here I stand, your brother-in-arms, and you would not grace me with but a moment of your attention?"

Gren emerged from the pipe, coughing and hacking. The pipe, despite being listed as a metal and spare part "recycling" pipe, was apparently also chartered for...less desirable duties as well. It was all he could do to keep conscious during the fifteen minute ride through the pipe. If Security had actually bothered to show up, he probably would have been done for, and so would the mission. Thankfully, Security had something better to do than notice that the maintenance period of a sewage pipe was a couple of minutes late on its report, so Gren had managed to get on the other side without having to duel for his life, which would have been almost impossible given the state he was in. Either way, he was in. This was the riskiest part of the plan, since they had almost no support on the other side of the pipe. That meant he had to find shelter for himself before he registered and dueled in the Fortune Cup, all the while evading Security's patrols. It was a fair statement to say that he was a sitting duck at the moment. Gren took a look around at where he was. He had managed to launch himself out of a tube of a dumping facility, and so he and his D-Wheel were sitting outside of it. The facility itself was clean enough, with regular OBOT cleaning sessions to make sure that no careless individual left his junk someplace where it wouldn't be taken care of promptly. Gren investigated the OBOTs' movements, and discovered that the only place that didn't seem to be covered by the cleaning crews was the maintenance shed, near the very back of the facility. It was isolated enough, had room for Gren to lie down alongside his D-Wheel, and the copious dust around the controls  suggested that no one had been here for some time. It even had the security station, of course automatically monitored and recorded. Gren configured the cameras to record "over" his arrival, then settled down in the booth's chair. It was time to wait, at least until he could get into the Arena of Fortune and get his name on the list. Once he managed that, he was home free.

Lucas' eye twitched when Claudia was asking about what the goals of the first cult were. That part of his of life was so stressful that they he didn't want to relieve it. Though on the other hand there were a lot of fun times that came along with that cult. He actually made new friends and for all intensive purposes his team was better than the good guys. In fact they would have won if it wasn't for other outside forces. Well let's see. The main goal of the first cult was this whole thing about using a very ancient and powerful stone to take over the world. Like us we can deal we brainwashed people and took souls, main difference was that we didn't have giant nazca line based beast guiding us. Now that I think about it, those were the days. 

Lucas was going to continue explaining himself when the divo started to direct his words towards the two of them. Lucas looked around and wondered where did the new boy Tetsuya go as Lucas completely missed the young ones exit. Wait...did you just say "an moment"...really, okay. Well I'm sure you were saying something not important. BUT  so not to be totally rude I think there's a bathroom down the hall and there should be a mirror in there. I'm sure you can find someone who cares what you're talking about...maybe...in there. Lucas went and poured himself another drink. Oh where did the other boy go anyway? You scare away a potential teammate already Soladad?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bailong continued to look at the pipeline and eventually he was accompanied by his dog. Then it happened. A D-Wheel shot through the pipeline and it seemed to be a young male. Bailong was immediately intrigued by this new individual. He puzzled together that this was a resident of Satellite and this person may have wanted to come in for the Fortune Cup. Now this was something that impressed Bailong this much initiative just for the chance to play showed a lot of heart. It looked like this mysterious duelist didn't see notice him which was good because Bailong didn't want to spoil the surprise. Unfortunately Xiaoyin didn't have the same patience in being stuck in this weird creepy place like her brother did. 

She ran up to him and started to throw jabs at his side. As he was recoiling in over exaggerated pain Xiaoyin started to yell but Bailong quickly put his hand over her mouth and then he pointed to the stranger. Xiaoyin understood and started to whisper. Who is that? Do you know him? She fervently asked. Bailong and Gou simply shook their heads. Xiaoyin started to put things together and she realized that this dude must have been some kind of duelist from the Satellite region. She had heard about the infamous Satellite region from school. It was supposed to be a region of people who were somehow criminals and mischief makers that were ostracized from the common man. Xiaoyin had never seen someone from Satellite. They sure didn't look menacing, but still it was probably illegal for this person to be there. Xiaoyin started motioning to Emi and Maika to call Security to come deal quickly, but her hand was quickly smacked down by her brother. What the... SHHHH I have a plan. So do I. Its called put the criminal in jail. Look just go back in the car with Gou. I'll deal with him. 

Xiaoyin's face turned cartoonishly stoic as she just stared at her big brother. You're going to duel him aren't you? You know me too well. With that Bailong made a dash for the shed this mystery character took shelter in. While Xiaoyin made her back to the car. This was annoying to say the least and actually pretty scary. Xiaoyin had the phone in the car ready to call the authorities and the other two decided to simply peek out of the back of the car and try to watch Bailong go find this person. 

Bailong had made it to the shed and before knocking he was trying to figure out how to deal with this stranger. Sure the dude didn't seem harmless, but Bailong couldn't just drop his guard and offer a hearty handshake. Then the idea popped into his head, it would require some acting but it was the best for an impromptu situation. Bailong took a deep breath and he kicked then he kicked down the door. He immediately pointed to Gren and yelled. Security!! What are you doing here?

"SECURITY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

The first feeling Gren had was of embarassment. In the time it had taken this mysterious Security agent to show up at his makeshift rest stop, he hadn't had much of a opportuntito use the ample disinfecting supplies the shed had to clean his suit, so he still reeked a bit from the ride over. Then the embarrassment gave way to utter desperation as he realized the situation. THEREWASASECURITYAGENTBEHINDHIMOHCRAPOHCRAP. He realized there wasn't much he could do in this situation aside from either surrender or make a run for it and hope he could give the agent and his inevitable backup the slip. For the sake of Satellite, he had to opt for the second option. He put his hands up slowly, all the while scanning the room for something to use as a weapon. He saw a screwdriver on a shelf above a few cans of paint. That'll do, he thought, as he slowly turned around and realized that the person who had shouted the imperative was, by all accounts, not a security agent. It was pretty easy to tell when he was wearing a sleeveless black gi with white skintight pants instead of Security's normal monotone gray affair. And from Gren's experience in The Facility, the dress code extended to even the Warden, so he wasn't some higher-up that just wore whatever he wanted. No, this guy was DEFINITELY not Security.

"HEY!" Gren was not amused by the trick and dropped his hands. "What is this all abou-"

He stopped dead when he realized who he was facing. Back in Satellite, one of the first things he had managed to get working was a scrapped television aerial, along with a VERY old cathode ray tube television. For a brief period before the CRT shorted out, he spent his free time watching the Professional Dueling Network, the #1 provider of pro Dueling news and coverage. One of the best duels he saw in that sadly short time was between French Duelist Arkur Kragàt and the new contender, Bailong Gao. It was the greatest duel Gren had ever seen, with both wonderful visuals, snappy dialogue between the two duelists, and impressive predictions and counter predictions. In the end, Gao prevailed, but Gren drew inspiration from that game that endured even to this day. To see one of the men who made it possible standing before him in the flesh and unburdened by the static lines of a poor-quality TV was enough to make Gren slip.

"You-you're Bailong Gao!"

The single rational part of his brain managed to get through the wave of nostalgia: "Wait, why are you posing as a Security agent?"

Bailong maintained his firm finger pointing stance while the youngster turned around. Unfortunately his ruse was instantaneously discovered one the young lad laid eyes upon him. Bailong cartoonishly slouched in a corner of the room pouting. I could have been a convincing Security Agent. I did the finger point and everything. After that bout of foolishness subsided he realized that this mysterious resident of Satellite actually knew his name. Wait a minute, you know who I am? Well that's unexpected they paint such a different picture of you guys back in the mainland. But that's besides the point the question is not why am I here its why are you here? I watched you shoot out of that pipeline that connects to the two sides of town and based on your smell I bet you're not supposed to be here.

But based on your fine tuned D-Wheel out there I would wager you're here for the Fortune Cup. From this moment on Bailong's speech started to sound sort of rehearsed. He was never used to the whole pretending to be a douchebag and an extortionist.  Now my little sister is planning to be in that and I can't have unsavory characters like you around her so I say we just get the real Security people down here and drag your butt to prison...OR since I am a sporting fellow we can just play it out. If you know who I am then you know you have no chance. Bailong tried to keep a straight face but he just wasn't a villain, it was just that he knew that people go in with more vigor if they had something on the line. Hopefully this stranger wouldn't hate him. 

So how about it? I'll even give you the first move.

Archived