*The YCM Channel Headquarters*

CinnamonStar

2h8co61.png

^ logo made by Torm

The YCM Weekly was the site's first show, created by Star/+Neo in 2008/2009-ish under the name of the YCM Nightly. It was fairly successful and fun to do, plus since people showed interest, I thought why not. There were some attempts to bring it back, the last (and most successful comeback) happening last year. We only lasted for 6 episodes until we had issues with finding a new host, but you know what? We had our fun and it was definitely a thing.

Let's try to last even longer this time though. :D

What we do here
We're the redaction behind the whole thing. We brainstorm, organize and set up the show. One person is going to be the host

Last year we went by a rotation system, meaning that we had changing cast members and a different host for every issue.

The reasoning behind it is to give everyone a fair chance and to allow people to take a break or drop out when they have to.

Rules

- You're expected to be active if you join.

- If you can't get something done, please do inform us if you can.D:
- People who haven't shown a lifesign for a month or so will be removed from the cast.

- All YCM rules apply. No spam, no flaming, no mature content.
- If the interest is high, I'm going to be more restrictive about members. That means that if I say no, don't take it personally, it probably means that we have too many spots taken right now. You're free to try to re-join after every issue though.

Want to apply? Please fill this out then
Name: [What it says.]
What are you good at/sections you frequent: [Just put down what you're generally doing on the site and what you could possibly contribute.]
Why should we pick you? [Yeah, why?]
Activity: [Days you're usually active on, bound to hiatus periods, etc.]
Timezone: [Self-explanatory. This will be useful when figuring out who will post the thread and when.]

Current cast members

Redaction

Broke. N

LeCreateur

Nathaniel D. Striker

Unsterblich Schriftsteller

Tormented - graphic designer

Semi-active or back-up

Sumire

Currently on hiatus

Aura

Thar

Former cast members

Agro

Desu

Dharc

Enrise

Kakashi Hatake

Kanade Otonashi

Mako109

.Rai

Spike

Toshino Hyoko

Yuzuru Otonashi

(please drop me a PM if I forgot you)

[spoiler=Full applications]

[spoiler=Koro-Sensei]
What are you good at/sections you frequent: CC/1on1s/TCG/Multimedia/Games. I also have some video editing skills.
Why should we pick you? I have some ideas, is all.
Activity: Well, it's leaning more towards weekends.
Timezone: +1, I think. Somewhere around the middle.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Aura]

Name: Aura / SoulFire / Dylan / Dyl / dtwrules are all names I go by

What are you good at/sections you frequent: Card contests, Roleplaying/Story Writing, Games, Custom Cards, and Music. I could keep track of the most prominent contests and how things are going within them as well as the Leaderboard and 1v1 records etc. I can also talk about upcoming writers and great active roleplays.

Why should we pick you? I won't be cocky like you expect. I won't go around saying "I'm your best choice" because I'm probably not. But what you might like is that I'm brutally honest, and a decent writer.

Activity: I get on YCM atleast once a day, however I don't post quite often. I am not currently active in anything on here.

Timezone: EST - Eastern Standard Time

Also: I would like to do a section, "Song of the Week" or what ever. Where I promote one piece of music. I will cover all varieties of artists and genres.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Enrise]

Name: Enrise
What are you good at/sections you frequent: RP, Status, General, Music
Why should we pick you? Because you love me. I can be flexible if you want me to do certain sections, but I mainly applied to be a back-up in case something goes wrong.
Activity: I try to be on whenever I can, but Tuesdays and Thursdays are my busy days. There's also the fact that I have a job, so I might not be available late in the day.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Broke. N]

Name: Broke. N

What are you good at/sections you frequent: TCG, Your Deck, Creative Writing, Role-Playing, Clubs & Organizations

Why should we pick you? Probably for my showmanship. I love spinning a good yarn here and there, plus thanks to Heart Breakers, my b***hiness is well renowned now, so it might attract a few people.

Activity: Usually I check in each day, though activity has increased as I've begun to RP again.

Timezone: Whatever time Australia runs on.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Thar]

Name:

Lolithar (just call me Thar)

What are you good at/sections you frequent:

C&O, Multimedia, Games, and occasionally Creative Commons.

Why should we pick you?:

I'm on pretty much everyday if not all day. I also love to research topics that are given to me, and if I have the time, I am pretty good at providing some detailed feedback/elaboration on it based on both the facts on the matter AND my own personal viewpoint.

Activity:

Mondays and Wednesdays - 12 PM to 3 PM, 6 PM to 12 AM

Tuesdays and Thursdays - 11:30 AM to 1 PM, 3:30 PM to 6 PM, 8 PM to 12 AM

Every other day depends on my work schedule, but I'm free all day for the most part.

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (-4 hours)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Striker]

Name: Nathanael D. Striker (Just refer to me as Striker, please).
What are you good at/sections you frequent?: Custom Cards (primarilly RC, Card Contests, and the 1v1 subforum).
Why should we pick you?: You need someone who frequents Custom Cards? Well, I'm your guy. :3
Activity: I'm active on most days, though I'm bound for being off in the mornings due to college on the weekdays.
Timezone: Pacific Time rules!

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Link to the old headquarters:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/279452-the-ycm-weekly-headquarters/?p=5880414

Previews and suggestions: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/281448-ycm-weekly-previews-and-suggestions/

Old episodes:

http://forum.yugiohc...-first-episode/

http://forum.yugiohc...of-desu-finale/

http://forum.yugiohc...ge-of-the-cast/

http://forum.yugiohc...-4-a-true-hope/

http://forum.yugiohc...take-the-stage/

http://forum.yugiohc...ode-6-ycmstuck/

[spoiler=Track Record for the Ticket Winners]

Toshino Hyoko: 3

Ain the Infinite: 3

~British Soul~: 1

Striker: 1

[/spoiler]

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Koro-sensei
What are you good at/sections you frequent: CC/1on1s/TCG/Multimedia/Games. I also have some video editing skills.
Why should we pick you? I have some ideas, is all.
Activity: Well, it's leaning more towards weekends.
Timezone: +1, I think. Somewhere around the middle.

What are you good at/sections you frequent: Card contests, Roleplaying/Story Writing, Games, Custom Cards, and Music. I could keep track of the most prominent contests and how things are going within them as well as the Leaderboard and 1v1 records etc. I can also talk about upcoming writers and great active roleplays.

Why should we pick you? I won't be cocky like you expect. I won't go around saying "I'm your best choice" because I'm probably not. But what you might like is that I'm brutally honest, and a decent writer.

Activity: I get on YCM atleast once a day, however I don't post quite often. I am not currently active in anything on here.

Also: I would like to do a section, "Song of the Week" or what ever. Where I promote one piece of music. I will cover all varieties of artists and genres.

Reserve application -

Why should we pick you? Because you love me. I can be flexible if you want me to do certain sections, but I mainly applied to be a back-up in case something goes wrong.
Activity: I try to be on whenever I can, but Tuesdays and Thursdays are my busy days. There's also the fact that I have a job, so I might not be available late in the day.

What are you good at/sections you frequent: TCG, Your Deck, Creative Writing, Role-Playing, Clubs & Organizations

Why should we pick you? Probably for my showmanship. I love spinning a good yarn here and there, plus thanks to Heart Breakers, my b***hiness is well renowned now, so it might attract a few people.

Activity: Usually I check in each day, though activity has increased as I've begun to RP again.

I don't expect anything of anyone, but hi Soul Fire.:D

You sound like you will be great for reviews and I'm fine with you doing the music part.

Someone who keeps track on contests is definitely a good choice too.

Reserve application -

Great, back-ups are always welcome.:D

We will probably use you for the first issue though.

ALL THE YES

I wanted to ask you about Heart Breakers anyway.

We could even make it a regular part of the show.:3

So when do you guys think we will be able to drop the first issue (or the 7th)?

I'm usually somewhere in August and school starts in October here (we finish in July too, lel). So anytime should be ok for me.

It would be unfeasible, considering the CC section has pretty much dried up. Granted I hopped onto Thar's ass once I saw his 'creepypasta', but that's for after my editor gets back to me.

Also, as, quaint as the idea is, perhaps we should try for a bit of subtlety and maybe start by digging around for interesting topics before we decide to ride the ego train.

It would be unfeasible, considering the CC section has pretty much dried up. Granted I hopped onto Thar's ass once I saw his 'creepypasta', but that's for after my editor gets back to me.

Also, as, quaint as the idea is, perhaps we should try for a bit of subtlety and maybe start by digging around for interesting topics before we decide to ride the ego train.

RC is hardly dead.

Anyway, I had this idea on an article series about stuff in the past and generally what's happening on YCM, from what Night posted on the poll. Working title is Attraffic Control.

Name:

Lolithar (just call me Thar)

What are you good at/sections you frequent:

C&O, Multimedia, Games, and occasionally Creative Commons.

Why should we pick you?:

I'm on pretty much everyday if not all day. I also love to research topics that are given to me, and if I have the time, I am pretty good at providing some detailed feedback/elaboration on it based on both the facts on the matter AND my own personal viewpoint.

Activity:

Mondays and Wednesdays - 12 PM to 3 PM, 6 PM to 12 AM

Tuesdays and Thursdays - 11:30 AM to 1 PM, 3:30 PM to 6 PM, 8 PM to 12 AM

Every other day depends on my work schedule, but I'm free all day for the most part.

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (-4 hours)

Oh right, we need a deadline.

Let's make a Halloween special. Nah, something earlier than that, but a Halloween special would be awesome.

Yeah, a Halloween special is kind of a must. :D

We should start earlier, but let's keep Halloween at the back of the mind for later.

Idea for an article: YCM Secret Admirer's

Where we have a few members send us a message detailing who they admire and why, but we keep the person saying it anonymous

Kind of like the YCM Secrets, but based on admiration?

I think this would be a sweet idea for Valentine's Day though (if we still exist then but I'll make sure we do even when I leave xD).

RC is hardly dead.

Anyway, I had this idea on an article series about stuff in the past and generally what's happening on YCM, from what Night posted on the poll. Working title is Attraffic Control.

Sounds good. What would this look like? Like overall news about what happened recently on the site or in a single forum?

Also Thar is accepted and I'm closing the apps now.

We have a pretty solid team spread through most sections and parts of the world.

*rolls sleeves up*

So here's what people wanted in the poll:

Priority

- reviews (about outside stuff like video games and media)

- articles (I assume people took this as site-intern stuff like articles about custom cards)

- comedy (god bless, not me pls)

- member-centered stuff like interviews

Wanted, but not priority

- more Yugioh

- commentaries like LPs

- serious topics (debates, real-world stuff)

- games (lotteries, riddles)

How often would you read an issue?

Every week - 8 votes

Every second week - 13 votes

Every month - 3 votes

That's how often people would tune in for us, but we're still the ones who do the show and I don't want cast members to be overworked or something.o.o

So let's vote: How often will we release an episode?

If you vote for 'every week', should we still call it "YCM Weekly"?

If you vote for 'every second week', what would you suggest as the new name?

Well, I could probably do some work behind reviews of things, given I have experience with it. I would probably sneak about RC, CC, RPs most likely.

I could also work with the riddle stuff as well.

I also vote for bi-weekly, every week would be way too tedious and gives little time too refresh the site.

Every second week: YCM Times or YCM Channel 7 News, YCM Newscast, YCM Newsletter

I kinda like YCM Channel the most so far. What would the 7 stand for though? Newsletter or Newscast might be a bit too specific since we're not just doing news.

Well, I could probably do some work behind reviews of things, given I have experience with it. I would probably sneak about RC, CC, RPs most likely.

I could also work with the riddle stuff as well.

I also vote for bi-weekly, every week would be way too tedious and gives little time too refresh the site.

That works. Any threads/things you noticed that could get an article or 2?

We had YCM member riddles and Anime characters last time, but I'm thinking that general riddles might work too.

Actually my work last time was mostly about adding things to fill out an issue or doing last-minute-things because something fell out. I did so much last-minute-stuff no1curr about that it was almost funny.xD I've had a few things in mind this time, but I don't mind doing whatever we absolutely want but no one wants to do it.

I've been thinking about reviewing graphic shops for example and also interviewing Zextra (the new mod). Unless someone else wants to do it.

This is what I'm responding to right now because I'm too lazy to read all the posts. And I'm tired. And in pain. Good pain. But somewhat painful.

Great, back-ups are always welcome. :D

We will probably use you for the first issue though.

Ah well, it's something. Besides my body pain. But the reason was worth the pain.

... I have a review idea, thank you pain.

So here's what people wanted in the poll:

Priority

- reviews (about outside stuff like video games and media)

- articles (I assume people took this as site-intern stuff like articles about custom cards)

- comedy (god bless, not me pls)

- member-centered stuff like interviews

Wanted, but not priority

- more Yugioh

- commentaries like LPs

- serious topics (debates, real-world stuff)

- games (lotteries, riddles)

How often would you read an issue?

Every week - 8 votes

Every second week - 13 votes

Every month - 3 votes

That's how often people would tune in for us, but we're still the ones who do the show and I don't want cast members to be overworked or something.o.o

So let's vote: How often will we release an episode?

If you vote for 'every week', should we still call it "YCM Weekly"?

If you vote for 'every second week', what would you suggest as the new name?

Hmm... I say biweekly would be the best option, gives more time to gather what we need, no actually need to rush, etc.

I could try to do an article about the concert I went to on the 5th (EST).

If you want me to do something specific, hit me up on Skype or drop a PM (Skype name in my profile).

So that makes 4 votes out of 6 (including mine) for bi-weekly.

Anyone heavily opposing it and keen on releasing something every week?:P

I could try to do an article about the concert I went to on the 5th (EST).

What concert would this be?

Also I don't mind Aura doing a song of the week if he still wants to.

Methinks that Monday would be a good time to broadcast since this seems to be the day when most of us can be free. Idk, people won't care if we don't have a set date for the issues, right? We live in different timezones and can't really bother to wake up at impossible times or something.:D

What concert would this be?

Wintersun & Fleshgod Apocalypse with Starkill and another band that escapes me...

The mosh pit during Fleshgod was insane.

I think once every week, but no specified day, would be alright. If we just happened to get our stuff early enough, and there's nothing else to talk about, we just go ahead and publish it, and wait for more good stuff to publish for the next one.

Right, so I gotta vote, I guess...

If everyone's going for biweekly, then I'm perfectly fine with that. In fact, I was gonna vote monthly for the factor of wait time and more broad content selection, but it feels like too much time to stretch out our roles and it is easy to procrastinate. Plus weekly would be too close together because not that many stuff happens in just 7 days.

So I vote biweekly as well.

So the majority vote goes to bi-weekly (which also coincides with the poll results so that's good).xD

However I'd recommend to keep a set day of the week. Being regular might give us more viewers and people will know when to expect something.

Anyone minding if I host the first/7th issue? It could be a kind of goodbye thing because school starts for me. Unless someone here really dies from wanting to host.

Also I'm fine with the concert report. Maybe try to coordinate with whoever wants to do a "song of the week" type of thing and review a song from one of the bands?

EDIT: Another thing we haven't settled yet is the name.

The suggestions so far were YCM Channel 7 News (or YCM Channel), YCM Newscast, YCM Newsletter, YCM Times.

So the majority vote goes to bi-weekly (which also coincides with the poll results so that's good).xD

However I'd recommend to keep a set day of the week. Being regular might give us more viewers and people will know when to expect something.

Anyone minding if I host the first/7th issue? It could be a kind of goodbye thing because school starts for me. Unless someone here really dies from wanting to host.

Also I'm fine with the concert report. Maybe try to coordinate with whoever wants to do a "song of the week" type of thing and review a song from one of the bands?

EDIT: Another thing we haven't settled yet is the name.

The suggestions so far were YCM Chanel 7 News (or YCM Channel), YCM Newscast, YCM Newsletter, YCM Times.

The YCMocalypse Report *shot*

The Y- *shot*

Cause we're tired of retarded names

Yeah that's fine, if you give me a list of songs performed at the concert you're reviewing I'll do that. If not I was going to do Can't Hold Us by Macklemore.

We could also do separate things. I mean, my concert reviews are a once in a blue moon, cause I can't make every single near 2-hour drive to Atlanta whenever a favorite band of mind plays, while Eury just takes like a ten minute drive to it. Then again, I do remember some songs played by Starkill and Wintersun (obviously), but not Arsis or Fleshgod Apocalypse, since I was too busy in the mosh pit. Ironically, I remember the song when I got f*cked up in the moshpit (sorta, I'm borderline thinking it was either Hypocrisy or Violation, but more towards the former of the two).

How about a proposition: whenever I go to a concert, I do a concert review, and we both happen to review the songs together (not just the ones played at the concert, but their songs in general off the latest album they played). However, for the other issues where I am not going to a concert, you will do your music reviews. In short, when I go to a concert, we both give our reviews on their songs in general; otherwise, song reviews are yours.

I'd say it's a win-win.

Archived