*The YCM Channel Headquarters*

CinnamonStar

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to stay too for now.

Actually Junichirou Kagami had messaged me before about wanting to host next and he had a surprise theme in mind. What that is, idk.

Also thanks again to everyone who made the first issue happen, we needed every bit of effort here.:3

Sorry Broken for editing the layout of your interview a bit, had to reformat it twice. The code tags seem messed up or maybe I'm missing something.

I'm willing to host the next issue, if it's alright with everyone else. If someone has a theme that they are dying to use, I can hold off. I mean, my only contribution to the issue would be to host it and perhaps present a new challenge to all those Nuzlocke runners out there.

Basically I have a small, 10 second article and I'm willing to host. If someone else wants to host more than me they can, otherwise I've got it, and eagerly await the delivery of many articles to my PM box.

Works fine to me. So what's the theme?=o

Let me know if I should open 1-2 more spots (someone from Custom Cards or TCG would be ideal).

And the riddle is still unsolved. It counts as a harder one (worth more points) so they better give it some thought.:D

EDIT:

Creator hosts the 17th Oct

Seija Kijin hosts the Halloween episode

Does anyone disapprove or can we lock that in?=o

Ohh ocean theme for the 17th.. I like it :3 I'll try and review something related... I gotta come up with a song then >.<

My Heart will go on

jk

Okay, I have an idea for a review. It will be rather different, though, both in formatting and choice.

My article will be about the history of the Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL fandom on this site.

Sounds good, I support this idea.

Also I'd like to step away from riddles/interviews this time and I've been thinking about doing a weather forecast (to keep up with the Channel concept). Aka a quick summary of what's been happening section-by-section on YCM (think one sentence per main section or something, sub-forums included), only with typical meteorologist terminology and presentation style. Upcoming events will be announced too, but I'll try to make sure it doesn't overlap with Attraffic Control which is more in-depth and usually focusses on something particular. :D

And lifestyle-topic-wise, I could suggest the top 10 Halloween costume ideas. The point is to give people (hopefully) original ideas so it might be better to put it up now than on the...Halloween day itself.=S Expect a few Yugioh cards inbetween and such.

Yes/no?

Hey, I was wondering if I could take over the Archtype section. Since Thar is clearly inexperienced I may as well offer my own two cents on the matter; and I could do Mermails or Atlanteans for a Cruise Based edition.

That...I'd support too. I thought you already had your hands full with the CC report last time.

Would you mind giving people a clue for the riddle though?=o Because either they're ignoring or struggling with it.

So unless Tormy and Enrise signed off, it looks like we're with the same team as before.:3

Should we open another spot though? I feel like Custom Cards for example is still a bit...under-represented on the channel although it makes up a good chunk of the site. Might be something either one of us here could do or someone we recruit.

Otherwise I think we did fine for a first issue.

Name: Nathanael D. Striker (Just refer to me as Striker, please).
What are you good at/sections you frequent?: Custom Cards (primarilly RC, Card Contests, and the 1v1 subforum).
Why should we pick you?: You need someone who frequents Custom Cards? Well, I'm your guy. :3
Activity: I'm active on most days, though I'm bound for being off in the mornings due to college on the weekdays.
Timezone: Pacific Time rules!

Well, I already have a few articles in mind, depending on whether we're doing a cruise edition, or a Halloween edition.

For the Cruise I can do my aforementioned idea of Mermails or Atlanteans; but, if we're doing Halloween I can do a highlight on Ghostrick instead.

I think the idea was to do the cruise edition on the 17th and Halloween on the 31st so we're likely using both themes.

Also with Creator in charge of hosting, I'm not supposed to boss people around anymore, right? :D

So I'll wait for Striker's application.:3 Because

Might be something either one of us here could do or someone we recruit.

I know we have 2 people here who frequent the section, but I was thinking that we should generally dedicate a part to it. Whoever wants to do it.

But additional help here is generally something we could use atm, right?

So let Striker in, yes or no?=o Unless I'm supposed to be the führer lol. When I leave, someone will have to remake our headquarters anyway.

Whoa Whoa Whoa, I'm in charge of hosting the event there Opal, you still run this show.

@Broken

Well if you want to add a little spook to the cruise, that's fine, otherwise run with the Atlantiean review.

I'm cool with Striker running a Custom Card section too, he has been doing a decent job in the 1v1 section.

Thar, couldn't you do anime/manga reviews in that case? Or other things related to anime/manga?

Yeah, I could do that. In fact, I know the perfect anime to binge for this episode.

"My Bride is a Mermaid."

If I can watch the entire season by the deadline, I can write a decent review on it. Granted, I can only binge for a certain time before I need a break, but I can manage within the next couple of weeks.

Funny, I was just about to start that Anime once I finish my current one. If you want a second opinion and I've watched it by then, I'll be happy to assist.

That'll work. We can make a collaborative review, and I don't need to powerplay you telling me to shut up.

But how do you want to do it? Do you want to make it episodic, or overall?

Okay, so I have a couple ideas in mind for a Custom Cards segment. One would be picking a random thread in RC and giving it a review. Along with that, I'd interview the cardmaker responsible for creating it. That or I could do highlights on the latest Card Contests/Leaderboard match-ups. I could interview a random person that's competing in the section/subforum. Any other suggestions?

@Striker
We'll leave what you want to contribute up to you, tho I think highlighting interesting 1v1 Contests would be a great idea.

@Thar
Probably best to make it an overall review, 26 episodes and only a single season. If it was longer, or a larger series I'd say otherwise.

and I'll try to prevent myself from gagging you half way through the review.

Um...ok.o.o So Striker has been added to the cast, welcome mate!

(I've always sucked at führing people around, lol.)

So far all the ideas sound pretty bombastic, from the song choice to the anime segment. I like how we're sticking with the theme.

Is there something left that we absolutely want, but that hasn't been assigned yet?

Archived