*The YCM Channel Headquarters*

CinnamonStar

Enrise: Yeah I was talking about the upcoming issue only.

Aura, that works. If you have a few songs in mind that you like but don't want to review yet, you can give me them too. Some music inbetween to liven things up is always good.:3

I'm fine with you being the host. Btw, what do you want me to take a look at?

Um... Since you mentioned that you frequent the Custom Cards and RP sections, I'd say a RC review would fit well.

We don't have much Yugioh-related content yet so maybe do something in Custom Cards and if you're still here, you can write about a RP in the next issue?

Also I think people should bring their strengths in so feel free to add some Heartbreakers style or whatever you wish.:3

YCM Newscast, to me, sounds the best.

As far as roles, if I'm not assigned to do anything, I can fill in for anything that's left to be done.

Well we still have the comedy part open and nothing about Yugioh cards yet. Are you funny and/or keeping up with the TCG?=o Me thinks an archetype or featured card would fill the void for the players here.

We also need a new logo since we're not the Weekly anymore.:'3

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we still have the comedy part open and nothing about Yugioh cards yet. Are you funny and/or keeping up with the TCG?=o Me thinks an archetype or featured card would fill the void for the players here.

We also need a new logo since we're not the Weekly anymore.:'3

I'm only funny when I'm either not supposed to be and/or when I'm unaware of it, so any humor I try to crap out might not result in the intended reaction, especially by people who don't really respect me that way.

I haven't really been keeping up with the TCG, but the internet is a wonderful resource for that. Also, if I were to make a "current events" thing for Archtypes, would a brief description followed by a personal opinion suffice? A description would be easy, but my opinion would only really count if I actually played the game, which I don't. So what I can do is interview people about them and ask for THEIR opinions on it, then compile it into a general standpoint. That'll work.

I haven't really been keeping up with the TCG, but the internet is a wonderful resource for that. Also, if I were to make a "current events" thing for Archtypes, would a brief description followed by a personal opinion suffice? A description would be easy, but my opinion would only really count if I actually played the game, which I don't. So what I can do is interview people about them and ask for THEIR opinions on it, then compile it into a general standpoint. That'll work.

Hmm this would be possible and it would also combine the TCG with the including-members-more aspect.

But idk, do you have a few questions in mind that you could ask people?

Idk if Koro-sensei is still going with his article about things that happened on the site, but maybe he has time to do a "featured card" or "featured Deck" thing as well to fill out the Yugioh part? I know he posts more in TCG than most of us.o.o

There's also the possibility to do something multimedia-related like discussing an upcoming video game (Pokemon X Y perhaps?), anime/manga topics (reviewing episodes from an anime or a single character would be interesting imo) or something member-related (we had a "which mod are you more like" quiz and "mods and raeg faces". something like that). Some people also wanted real-life coverage and more serious topics.

So yeah. There are a few things that we could do, it just depends on where your interests lie. Just tell me and we will be able to figure something out.

Hmm this would be possible and it would also combine the TCG with the including-members-more aspect.

Idk if Koro-sensei is still going with his article about things that happened on the site, but maybe he has time to do a "featured card" or "featured Deck" thing as well to fill out the Yugioh part? I know he posts more in TCG than most of us.o.o

There's also the possibility to do something multimedia-related like discussing an upcoming video game (Pokemon X Y perhaps?), anime/manga topics (reviewing episodes from an anime or a single character would be interesting imo) or something member-related (we had a "which mod are you more like" quiz and "mods and raeg faces". something like that). Some people also wanted real-life coverage and more serious topics.

So yeah. There are a few things that we could do, it just depends on where your interests lie. Just tell me and we will be able to figure something out.

I'm going through with that. I wanted to cover the whole thing with YCMaker for the last two years, i.e. his absences, the Xyz Monster debacle, Crab Helmet's coup d'etat, and the appointment of new admins in a reasonable manner.

As for Yu-Gi-Oh!, I am still pretty terrible, and I wouldn't get to the levels of the TCG coverage last time by far.

When should we start?

Basically just what their opinion is on the archetype in general: Is the idea creative/original? How has it worked for you, good or bad? If you could tell Konami whether to improve or scrap this archetype, what would you tell them and why? Etc etc.

I'm back. Alright, just to sum up everything we mentioned so far (not the final draft of who-does-what, just our brainstorming results :D). I just put down everything we suggested, feel free to point out if it's too much/not enough for you.

Aura: his "Song of the Week" section, this time coordinated with Enrise's concert report

Broken: Creative Commons and/or Custom Cards, riddle

Enrise: concert report

Seija: Attrafic Control (article about what happened during the last 2 years), video game review

Sumire: interview with Zextra (new mod), shop review (Night)

Thar: interview(s) with one or more TCG players about a featured archetype

Other things people wanted and that haven't been divided up yet

- manga/anime review

- video game review thanks Seija!

- Comedy. If no one volunteers, I will do the 10 most horrible hairstyles or something x')

- Optional: serious topic (debate, real-world stuff)

- Optional: games (lotteries, riddles)

Also Aura, how...loaded are you right now?='o Because you mentioned in your app that you stick around Card Contests and that you could write about some as well as the 1-on-1's and Leaderboard. I think this would be a great addition, but if you have too much on your hands so far, we still have other issues coming up.x)

Deadline

Eh if we want to do a Halloween Special, I took out the following dates when we could start.

In the week of the 14th Oct or 30th Sept (2 weeks from now).

Which one seems more possible for everyone?=o

CC for me is Creative Commons, not Custom Cards. But, I suppose I could take a looksie anyways. Though I don't have much hope in finding anything good in that wasteland.

Oh *facepalm*

Well it's up to you then. For Custom Cards I'd say look for one card that catches your attention and review it in terms of design/playability/traditional card review aspects. Creative Commons could kinda benefit from a general coverage imo, like an overview about the currently most active RPs and some ongoing fanfics, but this might be too long and too much information.x) So featuring only 1 RP, 1 Fanfic and/or 1 piece of art would probably be safer...

(If everything is equally fine to you and you want my opinion about what should get priority, I'd suggest to take Creative Commons.)

Also are you still on board with doing a riddle?

Basically just what their opinion is on the archetype in general: Is the idea creative/original? How has it worked for you, good or bad? If you could tell Konami whether to improve or scrap this archetype, what would you tell them and why? Etc etc.

That works. So it's basically interviews, right? Will you do something like...talking rounds with several people or one person at a time?=o Either way I like it.

Gimme them video game reviews. I could make it in video format, which adds the benefits of music without too much copyright issue. Even easier, I could make the videos unlisted so that you could only see the video by following a link.

Also, I have some ideas, one for whenever, one I really want to do, but will have to wait for a while, and one for Halloween thus far.

Gimme them video game reviews. I could make it in video format, which adds the benefits of music without too much copyright issue. Even easier, I could make the videos unlisted so that you could only see the video by following a link.

Also, I have some ideas, one for whenever, one I really want to do, but will have to wait for a while, and one for Halloween thus far.

ily seija

Thanks for that, noted. I support the use of other media from time to time to fluff things up so video format is good!

And feel free to keep any ideas you have coming!=o

Btw, as for when to start, I'd say as soon as we can. Please vote for one of the dates and we should have a deadline too.

Also Aura, how...loaded are you right now?='o Because you mentioned in your app that you stick around Card Contests and that you could write about some as well as the 1-on-1's and Leaderboard. I think this would be a great addition, but if you have too much on your hands so far, we still have other issues coming up.x)

Yeah... I barely have enough time for my school work xD I will be able to do song of the week cordinated with Enrise but that might be it. I know we have a while, I'll see what I can do though.

Thar: Sounds good. Can we know which archetype you're covering?=o

Aura: It's fine. One thing I noticed both in 2008 and last year was that there's no such thing as "nothing to do for the YCM Weekly".xD We'll have plenty of other occasions.

Junichirou: CREATOR! y u disappear :D Um... I did close the apps already and we're kind of full. Is there something you'd really like to do and that can't wait until the next issue?=o Well it's not like having another addition to the team will hurt us, but I'm not sure what you could do right now.

Broken: You mean the YCM member riddle? Or something different just based on the site? Either way works for me. Also would you rather write about Custom Cards or Creative Commons? Methinks Custom Cards might be more active but idk.

Seija: Yeah, the first possible date would be within the week starting on the 30th Sept (or yeah, the 3rd if we want to keep a fixed date. I kinda like the idea).

So how about starting on the 3rd October which is a Thursday and exactly 2 weeks before Halloween?

The deadline to submit things would be Monday, the 30th September.

Any oppositions/alternatives/preferences?=o

Name: Tormented ## Serenade ## TheBest
What are you good at/sections you frequent: I'm the guy who designs stuff and arguably the "peoples designer." Someone called me that once and I don't recall who it was. So the sections I frequent are Creative Commons, Showcase mainly. Although I'm starting to get back into CC.
Why should we pick you? Because I can make graphics for da club and because you love me Opal baybe. Call me.
Activity: Every day mainly, although work may suck my blood during the week.
Timezone:  UTC/GMT or GMT +1hr in BST 

ShowHead_zps6ff27ea0.png

ShowReg_zps33edf879.png

YAY FOR FREE STUFF.

Just realized it's full for apps, you can the logos either way. ^^

Name: Tormented ## Serenade ## TheBest
What are you good at/sections you frequent: I'm the guy who designs stuff and arguably the "peoples designer." Someone called me that once and I don't recall who it was. So the sections I frequent are Creative Commons, Showcase mainly. Although I'm starting to get back into CC.
Why should we pick you? Because I can make graphics for da club and because you love me Opal baybe. Call me.
Activity: Every day mainly, although work may suck my blood during the week.
Timezone:  UTC/GMT or GMT +1hr in BST 

ShowHead_zps6ff27ea0.png

ShowReg_zps33edf879.png

YAY FOR FREE STUFF.

Just realized it's full for apps, you can the logos either way. ^^

They look pixelated.

And wow, looks like Tormmy's here. Now I can go back to my reserve status. .-.

Accckkk I should stop spamming on this but whatever #fightthepower and I know, my Photoshop is screwing all my logos so gimme a bit to fix it.

(Is actually going to have to make a whole new logo because I merged all the layers lel.)

2qkm992.png

Still looks pixelated and I went for a more "show" look.

My bro Serenade!

omg O.O

Well we're not hiring, but I guess we could still add you as the logo designer. Same with Creator (still needing his reply though).

If you want to write regular articles, you can try for the next issue.;3

And it's not bad, but we haven't settled on the name yet (and YCM Show sounds kind of bad xD).

Can you like...change the "show" part later on?=o

Kewl.

I quite like the look of the logo, but we'll let you know when we've decided on a name.

So since there were no objections, we will broadcast on Thursday, 3rd October?

The deadline to get your things ready is Monday, the 30th September.

If you can't get something done, please tell us beforehand so we can replace you.:'3

[quote]Aura & Enrise: concert report and songs of the week moment

Broken: Creative Commons and/or Custom Cards, YCM-based riddle

Seija: Attrafic Control (article about what happened during the last 2 years), video game review

Sumire: interview with Zextra, shop review, riddle

Thar: TCG opinions about the Firefist archetype[/quote]

If anyone has questions or wants to do more/less, now is the time to tell.=o

Archived