✩ Club Espeon V2 ✩ - Back and better than ever (Always Accepting!)

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took roughly an hour to EV train a flygon with non-stop work. Includes doing the course stuff and using the bags gotten from the courses.

Oh and found the Big Punch Bag, which makes hitting the goals a little easier in the next course you play. (or so the description says, I haven't tested it yet)

Either way, EV training will get done a lot quicker now than it did in the other games (unless you factor in XD/Colosseum + Mt Battle, but that's kinda irrelevant)

I can spare an hour or so to train stuff with that method.

@Zextra: Yeah, 110 sp atk isn't bad (although its physical defense is low; and especially stuff like Scizor/Meta can go in and OHKO it). TBH, I was hoping Sylveon would be faster (holding 95 spd).

Hopefully they fixed up the other Eeveelutions and their stat pools, especially Flareon (it should learn Flare Blitz or something a lot stronger than Fire Fang, etc.)

I don't believe the club is working because people don't know what it's about, if someone who never knew about the old Club Espeon saw V2 Back and better than ever, they will just think it's for those who were previously in the club (Maybe) and that's why there is a lack of members but idk there aren't many Clubs that just flow with posts constantly.

@Sasha: Yeah, people might not know about it (though I did link back to it in our history). And obviously, this is open to everyone; regardless of whether or not you were in the previous one before it went downhill back in 2011. [Should put "Always Accepting" in the thread title]. Heck, some of the members here weren't around in the V1 days; but guess I have to make that obvious now. [If we ever get this stickied in the future, why would I limit membership in the remake only to those who were here in the past?]

The only clubs I even see active nowadays are that Sugar Cube place (I don't particularly care for that series, since people spam that series all over the place nowadays) and Cardmaker's Cabal. Even Akatsuki, one of the other clubs I was in is dead now.

@Zextra: They actually have subs of XY 1 and 2 on another site; I'll provide links below.

http://www.animeplus.tv/pokemon-xy-episode-1/2

http://www.animeplus.tv/pokemon-xy-episode-2

With that said, the start of XY looks good so far. Introduced to Ash's new traveling companions (well the sibling pair anyway, which might be a throwback to Advanced; except with reverse gender roles). Still have to see if Serena will be joining Ash too (possibly, since she knows him from a while back)

And seeing Mega Blaziken/Chomp was a nice thing also

Thanks for the subbed links, Sakura - I particularly enjoyed the second episode.

Anyways, after completing my initial run in Y against the Elite 4 (using a team consisting of Dragalge, Sylveon, Aurorus, Haxorus, Charizard, and Greninja), I've spent the past day and a half raising a new team, which I just used to defeat the Elite 4 again. For anyone who's interested, here's the video to my battle against Diantha (the new one): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x165h1e_pokemon-y-diantha-battle-2_videogames

Once again, sorry for the crappy video quality (it should be better than the last one, however), so I hope it's bearable :o

No problem. At least they confirmed the stats for all of the Gen 6 stuff, so no more guesswork. (A bit disappointed that Sylveon is the slowest Eeveelution at base 60 spd though).

Nice battle though (most of the matchups were 1HKO)

~ The more I find out about XY, more that I want to get it (although I have to admit a few of the Poke designs, I'm not particularly fond of to say the least) -

Ok so what have I accomplished...

Beat X, caught the legendary etc.

Bred about 15 Venipedes with Speed Boost before realizing I hadn't given my adamant female the Everstone I was supposed to and that's why I was getting everything but Adamant.

Got 4 friend safaris to work with.

EV trained about 4 pokemon to use in the Battle Maison.

Yea that covers it all.

You found that Z legendary yet, Talaya?

As for any more stuff being released in the dex, might have to wait until the sequels (if any) to see if that holds true. (The dexs themselves are big, but I expected them to be filled with NEW pokes, not the older stuff [though it makes it easier to get the Pokes instead of having to import everything via Poke Bank]

Also, I heard that some Pokes got stat increases in this generation (based off what I'm reading on Smogon). If it is true, then the stat formula will not work for them anymore (when using their current stats); I'm doubting if it's true or not but the only way we'll find out is analyze how strong something would be back in Gen 5; then compare it to it now in Kalos.

You found that Z legendary yet, Talaya?

As for any more stuff being released in the dex, might have to wait until the sequels (if any) to see if that holds true. (The dexs themselves are big, but I expected them to be filled with NEW pokes, not the older stuff [though it makes it easier to get the Pokes instead of having to import everything via Poke Bank]

Also, I heard that some Pokes got stat increases in this generation (based off what I'm reading on Smogon). If it is true, then the stat formula will not work for them anymore (when using their current stats); I'm doubting if it's true or not but the only way we'll find out is analyze how strong something would be back in Gen 5; then compare it to it now in Kalos.

No Z yet, (cuz I'm slow on that), yes there are still some unknown guys, and the pokemon's stats are already figured out (they're up on serebii). Most buffs were a 5 or 10 point increase in a single base stat so yea, Like Scolipede has 10 more base speed in this game.

Yeah, now it has a decent base 100+ atk stat to work with (92 wasn't bad, but not enough to deal a lot of damage)

Raichu got faster (can speed tie with my Eons now, but it'll still die to Earthquakes)

No legendaries got any stat boosts (probably b/c they're already high to begin with)

...and yet I still don't have XY (although on an unrelated note, I see at least 10-15 guys at college playing this in student lounge during breaks). While I wait to get it, playing XD should keep me occupied (get some worthy Pokes to transfer over to the Poke Bank when it's released; though the transfer process will be a killer)...

Archived