✩ Club Espeon V2 ✩ - Back and better than ever (Always Accepting!)

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long did it take you to get it that far?

Though since I still don't have XY, can't say much about the games aside (however the anime can still be discussed; forgot it aired yesterday)

I didn't keep track of time really, but it's all in the same day.

The things that helped are Friend Safari pokemon coming with 2 stats at 31 IVs, Everstone giving a 100% chance of passing down the nature and Destiny Knot allowing 5 stats to be passed down from the parents.

Though I'm currently stuck at getting 4 stats maxed :/ I've got a male ralts with 31 IVs in HP, DEF, Sp ATK and Sp and a female with 31 in DEF, Sp ATK, Sp DEF and Sp.

http://www.animeplus.tv/pokemon-xy-episode-3 (Link to XY episode 3)

Pretty much, Ash catches Fletchling; Serena starts her journey and Team Rocket gets Inkay.

(Since I can't discuss any more about the games, I'll just mention the anime stuff)

...wonder what the models for the other Pokes not in Kalos dex look like...

It would pay for you to read the first post before posting in here (or if you can tell by its name, this is a Pokemon-related club).

That said, if you want to join, fill out the app form I left over there.

For current members, the link to XY 3 is up in an earlier post on this page. (When XY4 comes out, I'll link it here). I'll assume that the inactivity here is due to people playing XY.

Yeah.

In the other generations, Ash meets them within 1-2 episodes (if not right after he gets into said regions).

Knowing how fanbase reacts with Ash and a female (despite the former being relatively dense to not knowing a girl likes him), there's going to be a ship with him and Serena.

(And Calem will probably show up at some point in anime)

And I thought this club was going to be dead for a week...

Thanks for the link, Zextra.

It's nice to see that Serena met up with Ash (about time); hopefully he actually remembers who she is. (* prepares for Ash x Serena shipping)

Although he did get creamed in gym battle, even with Pokemon that had type advantage on both of Viola's Pokes. (Ash, this is why you need to bring another Pokemon besides Pikachu from Kanto; you know that Pika's frailer than a bundle of toothpicks. Either that or Pikachu, you better stop reverting to Level 5 at the start of each region.)

Rant about Ash sucking at the beginning of new regions [as usual] aside, episode was nice.

On club stuff, activity really needs to go up (I'll take it most people are either playing XY or academics/other stuff came up)

I did have a suggested topic list on post #3 for that, although no one really said anything about it. But yeah, having a once-per-week discussion is counterproductive from keeping this place from going down the same path as V1.

That being said, assuming people in here want to discuss Yugioh-based stuff as well, we can do that (i.e. discuss ZEXAL stuff and/or new cards) since there's not really much we can discuss about Pokemon all week outside of games/anime. Like Talaya mentioned somewhere in the thread, we can discuss the TCG over there but not many of us play it in here. Although there are some online Pokemon games we could talk about (like the one I was on during absence & still continue to play on), but that would be considered advertising for them but I'll leave that up for grabs.

But, here's a suggestion for topic stuff (again, this is assuming you don't mind Espeon going mixed in anime).

Thursday - Friday is XY stuff as usual.

Sunday is ZEXAL, because anime airs that day.

If we get members who still read/watch Naruto, maybe we can have Wednesday as chapter discussion day, since Akatsuki's pretty much dead now.

Ash gets his badge after massive training; Serena can't decide what to do (it's taking quite a bit of time for her to just follow Ash on his journey like the other 4 girls have done prior).

And Ash/Serena's backstory is explored a bit.

EDIT: Guess I'm going to implement the new topic system, so we aren't discussing XY all week (and going nowhere). That being said, Espeon is going mixed anime now like I mentioned earlier.

• Sunday - Monday are ZEXAL discussions (though subbers are way behind, so we'll just have to infer stuff from Wikia)
  • Tuesday - Wednesday are free days [we can do GFX stuff, card discussions or whatever you guys would like to discuss]. Us discussing Naruto on Wednesdays is still up on the table.
  • Thursday - Friday are still XY (as usual)
  • Saturday can be devoted to Pokemon TCG (like Talaya wanted earlier, if he/she ever comes back)

[spoiler=Thoughts on the episode]

It's nice that they're giving a more in-depth view at Rhyhorn racing, since I don't remember there being much about it in the games. I just hope it won't be too much of a filler thing. Not really looking forward to the next episode much; seems kinda boring, tbh...

On another note, that Ash and Serena scene was so corny lol  :p

[/spoiler]

Yeah, the Ash/Serena part was a bit corny (especially linking back to their past). 

As for the Rhyhorn racing, I know you have a pet one outside your house in the games (and you can ride it around the city, but that's it)

But my thoughts exactly on the next episode; doesn't look that good based on the preview, but we'll have to see what it brings.

(And I still don't know what they're saying during the ending song; Bulbapedia hasn't translated it yet)

Archived