• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting creamed by Jack and losing for some reason to me would just seem to kill all his momentum. If they go that route though they better have him win 4 or 5 matches in a row afterward to keep the momentum train going. You don't want to end up like Silvio who seems to be just there to get his ass kicked. As for Reiji, like I've stated before I'd love to see him beat Jack but I don't think he's the kind to do "tournaments" because that's what he has the Lancers for.

Sawatari has a pretty large losing streak right now, and given the spoiler for 63, he added another loss to it. 

If he didn't change his Deck, maybe that wouldn't have happened.

In Reiji's case, he would've had to have participated in some tournaments at some point in the past; otherwise he wouldn't have become a professional duelist.

-----

Then again, be glad you aren't Reira.

While he can duel, he's essentially deadweight if Reiji isn't around, as episode 56 and others have proven thus far.

I'd love to see Reira duel. I want more C/Cs! And I see that Silvio is taking a more Chazz approach but he is still an arrogant ass. And the tournament to me seems like something that is in Reijis plan but not something he would view needs to be done by him. Unless maybe seeing Yuya get creamed by Jack he might change his mind because he actually had trouble with Yuya and Jack didn't. So he might view it as he needs to beat Jack himself.

I'd love to see Reira duel. I want more C/Cs! And I see that Silvio is taking a more Chazz approach but he is still an arrogant ass. And the tournament to me seems like something that is in Reijis plan but not something he would view needs to be done by him. Unless maybe seeing Yuya get creamed by Jack he might change his mind because he actually had trouble with Yuya and Jack didn't. So he might view it as he needs to beat Jack himself.

Please stop reminding me of the dub names. They all remind me of "Zuzu" and I can't afford to chuck another monitor out my 5th story window

.OT: Unless there's some huge speeches involve, or they hold the entire duel to a single episode with that 3 turn thing, I'll just view it as a filler duel since it has no standing in the grand scheme.

Well, Yuto's technically dead right now (he's inside Yuya) and Yuri probably won't be relevant until after Synchro Arc.

So yeah, only Yugo and Yuya.

But yeah, they're distinct enough that you should be able to tell them apart. 

• Yuya is the circus entertainment kid that uses Pendulums.
  • Yugo is the one who gets pissed off if you say his name wrong, or assume he's from Fusion.
  • Yuto is the cold-serious one with an Xyz dragon, and hates Fusion.
  • Yuri is the enigmatic one who we have little to no clues about right now aside from the common sense stuff.

It's slightly confusing because no one like ever calls Sawatari by his first name Shingo in the show, unless they're saying his full. Heck, calling him Shingo in this topic instead of his dub name would probably confuse us, too.

To be fair if I called Sawatari by his first name, I might have confused him for this guy whose first name is also Shingo.

Watching the Dub Preview in the WCQ stream. Here are my thoughts so far based on what I've heard:

• Yuya: Not bad. Nothing special, but it's tolerable and suits him fine. No complaints here.
  • Zuzu: I don't really care about the name. Voice is fine; fits her just fine. Actually it's pretty good.
  • Gong: I was expecting funnier. The voice kinda suits him, but if there's going to be an accent change like Gong I'd like it to be absolutely hilarious. This one isn't hilarious (still kinda funny), but it's thankfully not annoying. Could be worse.
  • Yuzu's Dad: HAHAHAHAHAHA I LOVE THIS
  • Little Red-Haired Girl: It's fine
  • Nico Smiley: UTTERLY PERFECT
  • Sledgehammer/Strong: Sledgehammer is a better name IMO. 4Kid's requirement of at least one Schwarzenegger voice is met properly. It was pretty funny to hear, so I couldn't take him seriously.
  • Shivers: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Declan: Kinda like this name change. Declan's voice is SUPER dramatic, but it kinda fits and I have no problems with it. It's fine, really.
  • Sawatari: Really good! His voice fits his character really from what I've heard.

Also, Duel-Tainer? HAHAHA. Man I love this; best dub since 5D's. If I want the 100% non-ironic experience, the subs are already there and really good; but the Dub was pretty entertaining to watch and if you want to laugh at 4Kids' localization this is the place.

[spoiler=62 raw]Ahh so many things going on in this episiode

One new Underworld Troupe support card today!!!!!!
Yuzu and Yugo are so adorable together (posting some weird warning posting..)
Yugo's hamdwriting is so ugly
So is confirm Yuzu will be in the friendship cup (more Melodious incoming)
Shun is Arc-V batman..
Gon are you using your your shoes as a weapon!?

Overall it was a very nice episode, glad we see more of Yuzu and Yugo (YuzuXYugo!!!)

Oh and this.. (Shun...)

VMCirTh.jpg

Playing that game again Sakura? Though you might as well delete the last sentence of your post as the episode is out in the link you posted.

Also I see you didn't respond to the PM I sent last night

Anywho, following the stream of day 1 of the WCQ, I made a "new promotional poster" for the Arc-V dub.

33kcbiu.jpg

[spoiler=62 thoughts]

Well, I suppose we got our ARC-V equivalent of Armstrong; though he didn't prove anything useful.

I also enjoyed watching the prison guards get the crap beat out of them; some of them got thrown against the wall, a few others got knocked out by Shun and Gongenzaka.

Of course, the security guards got pissed afterwards, so apparently Tokumatsu's followers throw the rare card stash at them to get their attention.

They really are simple-minded, if it takes rare cards to draw their attention.

Suppose Tokumatsu understood what was going on, and decided to escape with Yuya and co.

Yuya was a bit of a deadbeat in the early parts, but suppose he worried about Yuzu (although she's shown to be okay).

Again, Shingo decides to spill the beans on Action Duels and other stuff; sigh, he needs to learn to zip it.

I have some doubts about what Roger was planning to do when he appeared, considering how much distrust I have of him right now.

Wait for the subs to clear things up.

P.S. British, I saw the PM but was kinda busy at the moment, so couldn't respond.

As for the link, they said 4 hours and it'd be up; suppose they got it earlier than I had expected.

[spoiler=Yuugo and Yuzu's application forms]

30hsfwh.jpg

Yuugo's Form
1. Category: Commons
2. Name: Yuugo
3. Age: 14
4. Address: Facility
5. Phone number/Email address: NO

Yuzu's Form
1. Category: Commons
2. Name: Ri Yuzu
3. Age: 14
4. Address: STANDAADO Facility
5. Phone number/Email address: I DUN KNOW

Also worth noting from the forms:
- The forms reveal that Yuugo has no knowledge of basic kanji, hinting that he has never received any form of education.
- Yuzu's photo was obviously taken by Yuugo without her knowledge, while she is drawing the posters about the Dimension invasion beside some river.
- The Japanese used to fill up the forms is outright rude.

Thank MasterGhost in NAC for this info !

Archived