• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we even be sure he'll use the new SD cards? Personally I would LOVE it, but the more and more P-pals he debuts worries me. As for removing RDAS, I suppose he could always DRXD it. However RDAS is Jacks ace so I don't see him getting over it THAT easy.

He might use them eventually. The Magicians thus far have been very plot-ingrained. He seems to acquire them ONLY when the plot really needs them, and always directly related to an incoming upgrade.

His Stargazer and Timegazer became Pendulums in episode 1 and he acquired Pendulum Monsters as a result.

He created Synthesis and Destruction Magicians when needed to create Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon (although actually using them took a turn longer).

The other Magicians, particularly the Synchro related one(s) might surface later when he needs the Synchro upgrade.

Also note that Yuya's evolutions themselves came out of nowhere. His Odd-Eyes Dragon transformed into Pendulum Dragon. Rune-Eyes and Beast-Eyes seemed to have created themselves out of nothing. Odd-Eyes Rebellion did the same thing. His (eventual) Synchros, or other Fusions/Xyz, can do the same thing without it being too out of place. But with Synchros, he needs a Tuner monster, either by taking one of his opponent's, or by creating one.

My guess is that Yuya will obtain 2 more Magicians. One will probably make a monster act as a Tuner and the other might be able to change a monsters' level like Gagaga Magician. That's the only way I can see Clear Wing and Odd-Eyes synchroing together. And somebody told me that there are two types of Odd-Eyes. Ones with half blue, half red. And ones with half green, half red. The difference is I hear the ones with blue aren't supposed to make an appearance in the anime. Quite honestly I haven't even noticed the eye thing.

My guess is that Yuya will obtain 2 more Magicians. One will probably make a monster act as a Tuner and the other might be able to change a monsters' level like Gagaga Magician. That's the only way I can see Clear Wing and Odd-Eyes synchroing together. And somebody told me that there are two types of Odd-Eyes. Ones with half blue, half red. And ones with half green, half red. The difference is I hear the ones with blue aren't supposed to make an appearance in the anime. Quite honestly I haven't even noticed the eye thing.

Really? Wow, that's actually a pretty cool detail. Now I have to study this.

Odd-Eyes Saber doesn't have its other eye showing, so no idea if it's green or blue. But we can safely assume it won't appear since it needs the original Odd-Eyes Dragon, which doesn't exist in the anime anymore.

Odd-Eyes Absolute (WATER Xyz) has a blue eye.

Odd-Eyes Meteorburst (FIRE Synchro) might have a blue eye. I can't fully tell if that's even its eye.

I suspect that when Yuya gets his Synchro upgrade, he'll get Noble Dragon Magician, since its a Pendulum Tuner that clearly was designed to work with Odd-Eyes.

[spoiler=Episode 61 thoughts] Is it just me, or did the animation kinda go downhill in this episode...? I dunno, some of the poses and faces bothered me at certain points. And while the idea of the episode is solid,,, we have to hear another smiles speech... And it literally took nothing to get another guy smiling. I do admit I like the Boss's backstory though... The prisoners kinda acted... Childish in this episode though, I dunno... It rubbed me the wrong way.

Also, holy crap, he used Odd Eyes as a Pendulum.

[spoiler=Episode 61 thoughts] Is it just me, or did the animation kinda go downhill in this episode...? I dunno, some of the poses and faces bothered me at certain points. And while the idea of the episode is solid,,, we have to hear another smiles speech... And it literally took nothing to get another guy smiling. I do admit I like the Boss's backstory though... The prisoners kinda acted... Childish in this episode though, I dunno... It rubbed me the wrong way.

I agree with you about how easy it was to get him smiling, but not quite as surprising considering the backstory. It was more than his enjoyment of Dueling had been purposefully repressed.

They're in prison. They practically worship the boss guy. They're bored out of their minds. Watching a remotely interesting Duel is probably more fun than almost anything else they could be doing.

Confession to make: I haven't watched the subs for like 8 episodes. I watch the raws, see the script, and don't bother rewatching the subbed because the scripts were sufficient with my memory of the raw. Possibly because the episodes recently haven't been godly awesome to need a second rewatching.

But I loved the voice acting in the episode, so I'm breaking my streak. Yay!

Confession to make: I haven't watched the subs for like 8 episodes. I watch the raws, see the script, and don't bother rewatching the subbed because the scripts were sufficient with my memory of the raw. Possibly because the episodes recently haven't been godly awesome to need a second rewatching.

But I loved the voice acting in the episode, so I'm breaking my streak. Yay!

I'd usually watch the subs only because watching the RAW while reading the script is just too much effort and I'm lazy.

I watch the RAW first, read the script, then compare that with the text in subs.

Usually I see something that I might've overlooked the first time.

Anyway, thoughts on subs.

[spoiler=]

Yup, I was right about the loop with Raingoat + Seesawhopper.

Only way Tokumatsu could break it was by drawing, and figuring out what else he can do after doing it.

Yeah, the "shivers thing" appeared again.

Oh well, at least it isn't Futoshi saying it this time.

(It was funny watching the people in there yelling "Come! Come!" as Tokumatsu drew a card. Well, I suppose it fits flavor-wise to what you do in hanafuda.)

Also, money pays for good cards. Why am I not surprised at this fact?

* Glares at Nekroz, BAs, Qlis and other expensive as hell decks that exist at the moment *

Other RAW stuff holds.

---------

And it appears Roger will be pulling off a Goodwin-esque thing with Serena next episode or something of the sort.

[spoiler=Episode thoughts]Ugh. This episode and the last one have been very ugly. The prison thing was so badly executed that it reminded me of Zexal, and that's saying something. At least, they managed to justify Choujiro's character, though in a rather corny way ("OH MY GOD I LOST A DUEL I WILL NO LONGER BELIEVE IN ANYTHING"). The other inmates coming to see him duel could've been good, but the way it was done was utterly stupid. Remind me again, is that guy supposed to be LOVED by the other inmates? Also, for the love of [insert deity of choice], STOP IT WITH THE OVERBLOWN VILLAIN SPEECHES. THEY'RE CORNY. THEY'RE STUPID. AND THEY'RE ABSO-funking-LUTELY OUT OF PLACE. If they really wanted to have Choujiro reveal his past and stuff, they could have avoided him making the corny speeches and just have him react to Yuya's words or something instead of him just start explaining his past out of nowhere. Also, that guy has taken cards from everyone in the prison. He's living comfortably while everyone else is miserable. Why is he apparently LOVED by other inmates? UGH.

That said, I'm glad that whole charade is over. JMR is going to interrogate Serena, which means revelations ahead. Possibly. I'm hyped for that, and I'll just try to pretend that episodes 60 and 61 didn't exist...

I'd usually watch the subs only because watching the RAW while reading the script is just too much effort and I'm lazy.

I'm somewhat the same. I don't bother reading the script period as I've gotten used to re-watching the episode subbed, and I kinda don't want to break the habit.

[spoiler=Thoughts on 61 Subbed]

- So Tokomatsu was beaten by a group of people who used their money to pay for good/strong cards. Why am I not surprised? It's the meta in a nutshell, I mean, what were the tops playing, BA, Nekroz, Yang Zing etc?

- The resulting ridicule caused him to change his mindset as he saw no need for smiles, people's cheers etc.

- JMR paying Serena a visit in the next episode definitely reminds me of Goodwin when he paid Yusei a visit in 5Ds.

- That being said, when that bloke said that Serena was initially difficult to deal with, that really didn't surprise me because it's relateable.

[spoiler=Response]

We don't know the cardpool of what these guys were playing, but yeah it's the metagame in a nutshell. Let's assume they are playing meta; certainly wouldn't bother them much to shell out the money.

BAs are still TCG stuff, so can probably exclude them since we're in OCG land and stuff; but you never know.

(Where is that status that Nai made about Nekroz being $1000 or something at their conception?)

As for Serena, yeah it probably makes sense, given her personality and that she really didn't do anything to warrant an arrest, aside from resisting Security in episode 56 (although in her defense, she was technically clean).

BAs have Virgil, but otherwise yeah it wouldn't work (since they're still R3 spam + Dante)

Nekroz have Synchros, but only for dumping for Kaleidomirror. You NEVER Synchro in the Deck.

Going back to 5Ds-era Decks (and other Synchro-based stuff) from what I remember.

• Ice Barrier (maybe because one of the prisoners did have Dewloren)
  • Jurrac
  • Lavals
  • X-Saber
  • Dragunity
  • Gustos
  • Yang Zing
  • Tech Genus (if anyone in this dimension copied Dark Glass / Antinomy)
  • Nordics
  • Blackwings (unlikely because this is Crow's Deck)
  • Superheavy Sams (unlikely because Gongenzaka)
  • Genex

I watched it once; didn't really care afterwards.

Then again, I don't have cable so can't watch dub anyway.

(Besides, I'm mostly a sub watcher now, after 4Kids screwed the crap out of things.)

They'll probably be playing some new, possibly anime-exclusive, archetype.

Yeah probably, but it's up to interpretation at this point since all we know is the Tops duelists Chojiro fought had expensive cards and beat him good.

Not really a BAD intro; like I can stomach it; but... the genre doesn't feel like it fits Yuya or Arc V really well. ZeXal fit that kind of music perfectly because, well, that was ZeXaL. This time around, something a little more poppy and less rocky probably would fit a lot better; drop this outdated 2000's SUPER COOL pop/rock feel plz; it doesn't fit.

[spoiler= info on ep 64]

214qhw0.jpg

The Friendship Cup Exhibition Match - Yuya vs Jack
The 3-TURN VICTORY Declaration by the King!! 

The Friendship Cup is a duel festival held to bond the Commons and the Tops together. And the Exhibition Match of this tournament is a duel between Yuya and Jack!

24wzij5.jpg

(Jack's Synchro Monster) - Red Wyvern

2ikqudf.jpg

JACK ATLAS
"Gentlemen, I inquire you all! Tonight, how many turns shall I spend in defeating him!?"

The King of all Duelists in the City. He declares that he would defeat Yuya in 3 turns...!?

f070b5.jpg

SAKAKI YUYA
"I... would be defeated in 3 turns!?"

While he fails in escaping from the prison, he reunites with Reiji and co. As according to Reiji's plans, Yuya would participate in the Friendship Cup!

So it looks like Jack will summons this new synchron monster on the first turn (possibly dealing some damage to Yuya with its effect) On the second turn Yuya will pendulum summons Odds Eyes + One more monster and destroy new monster. Then Jack would summons his ace and end Yuya on the last turn. Not sure how I feel bout this..

[spoiler=Episode 63: The King of Pursuits - Goyo King's summary]

02403bbb-s.jpg
5th July 2015
A duel against the chase team to escape from the prison!!
Yuya and co. were engaged into a tough fight against the chase team outside the prison! Sawatari went headfirst into the battle, but was overwhelmed by the power of the opponent's Goyo monsters. Meanwhile Yuya summoned his monsters to fight against the enemies, trying to find a way to escape at all costs...

This week's Kurosaki: Saving Yuya and co. from their crisis!?
Kurosaki appears before Yuya and co. who are at a pinch fighting against the chase team! He shows off his overwhelming strength against the enemies' monsters!!

I bet it'll either be 2400 like Exploder Dragon wing or 2500 like Photon Wyvern. And I'm not keen on liking the idea that Jack will squash Yuya. Yuya already suffered a loss to Reiji not to many duels ago. But at the same time, Jack shouldn't lose just yet. So I'm gonna have to go with a no result as draws are normally rare.

[spoiler=Jack thoughts]

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that this Jack is going to turn this duel into entertainment for everyone, given he was like that in pre-Fortune Cup 5Ds.

Although, I haven't had problems when he did; likely due to his having more action and less speeches. (Not just saying this because of 5Ds).

He might actually do it in 3 turns.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if Jack won; he certainly has the skills to get him victory. You don't mess around with RDA-Scarright, especially when your own Deck gimmick revolves around SSing stuff (which RDA kills hard).

As for Red Wyvern, it'll probably be a card in High Speed Riders, so that'll be good.

Worth waiting the three weeks for episode to air.

[spoiler=Reiji and 63]

Sawatari, do you ever learn not to rush into things?

Because of your big mouth, it's likely the Duel Chasers have countermeasures to beat your Pendulum Deck (and Yuya's, by extension).

At least Shun shows up to save them, but...

We wonder where the hell Reiji was in all this, now we probably know.

I bet it'll either be 2400 like Exploder Dragon wing or 2500 like Photon Wyvern. And I'm not keen on liking the idea that Jack will squash Yuya. Yuya already suffered a loss to Reiji not to many duels ago. But at the same time, Jack shouldn't lose just yet. So I'm gonna have to go with a no result as draws are normally rare.

Personally, I have nothing against Yuya losing. Remember, he's supposed to be a good duelist, yes, but not an incredibly good one, while Jack is the Duel King. Yuya is on board with the Lancers because of his Berserk Mode (among other things), which is what makes him really powerful. A non-berserk Yuya losing to Jack is definitely realistic.

Losing to Jack yes. The timing of it I just find wrong. And on top of that, isn't this supposed to kick off the tournament like a "round 1"? So wouldn't that eliminate Yuya completely from the tournament? I mean I'm pretty sure most of us know Yuga will beat Jack at the end. But if this is "round 1" then the idea of Yuya getting eliminated makes no sense. Personally I'd like to see Declan beat Jack because he seems the most CAPABLE of doing it. Just my thoughts.

Archived