Gaming Central (Version 3)

Glitch

Like most people say, Knuckles is the biggest problem, but he wasn't that hard to get used to. I don't find the characters ugly, and I don't mind the voice acting. I'm hardly interested in Sonic games in the first place, since they generally actually seem too fast for me, even if that is kind of the point. I'm more interested in the cartoon.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Update (high and low style):

High: Preordered the Super Smash Bros bundle for Wii-U as well as for 3DS. Also pre-ordered Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2. Can't wait.

Low: Spent $120 on new copies of games only to be disappointed in them. Ended up bringing them back to the store with the receipt hoping for a refund, but turns out they don't do refunds on new copies (even ones that aren't sealed.) So to get them off my hands, I had I trade them in for $40 in store credit, which turned to $50 for being put into a preorder for an upcoming game. Still... I burned $70 in 3 days. The good thing is I could actually afford that damage because it came out of my paycheck from my other job, so I still had half of that to put in my savings.

Also might be getting a new computer soon, which means I might revive my Steam account and actually be able to play 90% of what's on there. :)

I also plan on getting a new laptop maybe Friday since Best Buy has some sale going on for July 4th. Might have to wait another two weeks though if I want to get something much nicer.

Hey, hey, Sega? Heres what you should be doing:

Sonic Adventure 3.

Just because it's named similarly doesn't mean it'd be as good.

I'd join, but i can't render the application.

Looks like you're not joining.

I also plan on getting a new laptop maybe Friday since Best Buy has some sale going on for July 4th. Might have to wait another two weeks though if I want to get something much nicer.

Why don't you save money to buy a gaming laptop instead?

I know some people have recommended an Asus, but after some further research with my dad, we ended up finding a Dell with better specifications for a better value. Plus our family's been using Dell and HP for quite a while and we haven't had any major problems. It should be able to run games just fine, but my main reason for getting a new one is to get a home copy of AutoCAD Inventor or Solidworks to practice my solid modeling skills.

Only thing I kind of regret doing is buying it from Wal-Mart, though when I made the decision, I remember the one they had on the website to have had a better processor (i7 rather than i5) than the same one they had at Best Buy. Only thing I regret about it is that Best Buy had Geek Squad while Walmart had some crappy mail-in service.

Not that it really matters. All I care about is having a better computer than the one I have now.

Thar, clearly the most important aspects of a computer are the hardware components and both Dell and HP provide some computers with high-end components. However, I stay away from those brands because of issues with support, customer service, reliability, and overall quality. It's just not up to snuff with what I seen from Asus, MSI, and Gigabyte for around the same pricing. This, of course, mostly applies to laptops. If you're ever in the market for a desktop, I suggest a custom-built one and not from those online builders either. They charge an arm and leg for one of their "premium" computers. You can build yourself one for cheaper and with better quality components.

You make a good point, but I think it's too late; I don't think I can cancel the order. I don't think any of the downsides you mentioned will be much of an issue, though. As long as I avoid any potential threats to the computer, I won't have to deal with it.

Thar, yeah, you shouldn't have much to worry about it. The computer will still be pretty solid and, by the time you need a replacement, you will probably have the money for one. Also, when using programs AutoCAD Inventor and Solidworks, it's important that you have a good processor and a good amount of ram.

Thar, yeah, you shouldn't have much to worry about it. The computer will still be pretty solid and, by the time you need a replacement, you will probably have the money for one. Also, when using programs AutoCAD Inventor and Solidworks, it's important that you have a good processor and a good amount of ram.

Which I'll have, as I've checked the system requirements for both programs and this computer has all the recommended specifications, which will be awesome. I'll also have to see if it works for certain games on Steam. If that goes well, then I'll be set for the two-month wait for when Hyrule Warriors is released on my birthday. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Recently picked up Final Fantasy XIII-3: Lightning Returns. Already, I have this weird vibe that it reminds me of Final Fantasy X-2. I wonder why...

Any whom, the game seems 'decent' so far, and the Battle Mechanics are definitely derived from a different perspective so there is that. Hopefully, I get as much fun out of this game as I did with the previous FFXIII installments (which were okay-ish in my honest opinion.)
Also, Cloud cosplay!

• 2 weeks later...

Going through FFXIII: Lightning Return has me thinking; How the hell do I manage time better lol? I have always been someone who did everything to completion in a Final Fantasy game For the best results (meaning all the side missions) thinking I would receive more gifts down the road. I can confirm that, while playing this game, that is actually not recommended lol.

Archived