[Finished][Finished][Aqua's Contest] Contest of the Sea

-Noel-

I didn't hold a contest for a while, but I can't stop myself to make one while seeing many contests appeared recently.

[spoiler='Requirement']
Make a Sea-related card. aquatic animals, sea creature or ship (like 101) also counted. you can make any type of card (Monster, Spell, Trap)
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Pot]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Entry Fee']
-1 Star Member: 5 points
-2 Stars Member: 20 points
-3 Stars or more Member: 50 points
furthermore donation gladly accepted.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Deadline']
1st May, and just to avoiding Timezone problem, make sure you submitted your entry about 1 day before that :)
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Contestants']
*your name here = you paid the entry fee
*your name in bold = you already submitted your card
- Rocket Man
- Tootie Bootie
- afunworm
- Nerdboy
- RampageXWolf
- Zanbaku
- And_Then_There_Were_None
- wightpower
- Gadjiltron
- ~Shin~
- ShootingStardust
- I Hate Snatch Steal
- :^)
- Dyson Sphere
- Little Dragon 64
- kevin7653
- Striker
- Bronzegauntlets
- sharpretina24
- josholche
- Kirito-san
- Stoned Hina
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Judging']
Well I think with multiple judges, the contest will be more fair. so I think 2 more people can help me judging the entries, if you want to be a judge, you can reply here (with your judging criteria), all judges are decided, as for my judging criteria:
Balance = /20
Creativity = /15
OCG = /10
Theme = /5
Total = /50 (may change to 30 if the other judges' criteria have 30 total points)
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Judges']
- me
- Sakura
- Blue Amoonguss
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Prize']
1st place: 40% of pot
2nd place: 30% of pot
3rd place: 20% of pot

4th place: 10% of pot
* may change to 50/40 if I got less than 5 contestants.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Winners']

1st place: Striker

2nd place: Dyson Sphere

3rd place: Gadjiltron

4th place: RampageXWolf

[/spoiler]

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might as well help out with the judging if you'd like.

Think you know how I grade pretty well by now (considering you're in every single contest I ran since returning)

But I'll note it again for everyone else [some things will be modified for this particular one]. Each are 15 points, and are graded on a 0.5 point scale.

Balance (15)

OCG/Grammar (15)

Creativity (15)

Theme/Realism (5)

Total: 50 (I scaled the usual one up from 10 to 15) and the extra 5 is for staying with theme and using realistic Types/other stuff

If written cards are allowed, I'd be willing to enter.

Well I actually judging the image, but guess I'll change it to theme as Sakura did, so you're in

Might as well help out with the judging if you'd like.
Think you know how I grade pretty well by now (considering you're in every single contest I ran since returning)

But I'll note it again for everyone else [some things will be modified for this particular one]. Each are 15 points, and are graded on a 0.5 point scale.

Balance (15)
OCG/Grammar (15)
Creativity (15)
Theme/Realism (5)

Total: 50 (I scaled the usual one up from 10 to 15) and the extra 5 is for staying with theme and using realistic Types/other stuff

That's alright

Fair enough then. That way, all of us have an equal say in determining a winner.

Since I'm using a scaled version of my normal judging criteria, any points that are deducted will likely be scaled accordingly (which means 0.75 off for OCG/spelling errors or something instead of the usual 0.5). So you may have to deal with some 0.25/0.75 scores, but there shouldn't be any scores that end in 0.7 or some other decimal that isn't divisible by 5.

[spoiler=Card]

1kJXVL2.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lore]

2 Level 4 WATER monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 Level 4 or lower WATER monster in your Graveyard; return it to the Deck. This card gains 400 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to it.
[/spoiler]

You called for a sea theme, I present a whirlpool.

46nGZ0G.jpg

[spoiler Lore]At the start of the Damage Step, if this card attacked a face-down Defense Position monster: Shuffle that monster into the Deck. Before damage calculation, if this card was attacked by a non-Sea Serpent-Type monster: Shuffle this card and the attacking monster into the Deck.[/spoiler]

Charybdis is either two things - a whirlpool, or a sea monster that creates one. Either way, the resulting whirlpool has been said to be strong enough to drag ships underwater. Hence the latter effect lets Charybdis ensnare all but the mightiest creatures of the deep (Sea Serpents) that dare venture close enough to attack, even if Charybdis was attacked while face-down, and drag them screaming into the Deck.

But it won't be at all fun if it were a purely defensive mechanism. Hence the former effect lets Charybdis go on the offensive and drown unsuspecting face-down monsters, swallowing up suspected Rykos, Spies, etc before they even get a chance to flip and trigger their effects.

Lack of ATK means that barring Charybdis' effect, the mythical whirlpool has no offensive pressure on its own. Well, Wetlands will bump it up to 1200 ATK, and how a marsh gives a whirlpool the ability to inflict battle damage is beyond my comprehension.

Why not

R2fLVHy.jpg

Declare a number from 1 to 12; Special Summon 1 "Pearl Token" (Aqua-Type/WATER/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). Any monster whose Level or Rank is the same as the declared number cannot destroy "Pearl Token" by battle and cannot target it by effects.

Let me know if my donation didn't go through since the interface seems to have changed

Anyway, "beast of the sea" counts too right?

[url=http://s106.photobucket.com/user/somen00b/media/LugiaNingen_zps7476fa4b.jpg.html]LugiaNingen_zps7476fa4b.jpg[/URL]

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 FIRE, 1 WATER, and 1 LIGHT monster from your hand, field, or Graveyard, at least 2 of those monsters must be from your hand or field, or special summoned by its own effect, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Each of these effects can be used once per turn: *When this card is targeted for an attack: banish this card; negate that attack. During the End Phase of this turn: special summon this card if its still bansihed this way and you can change the batttle position of 1 monster your opponent controls. *When  a spell card, trap card, or card effect that targets this card is activated: negate that activation and effect.*Discard 2 cards to target 1 monster your opponent controls; send that target to the graveyard and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to its ATK or DEF in the Graveyard (whichever is higher).This card cannot attack for the rest of this turn.

I'm not necessarily expecting to win with this, but I would be curious to see how it is judged.

edit: I posted this in leaderboad before, but I forgot the attribute so no reviews were given. If using it again is against the rules, I'll kindly drop out.

Entering the ring.

mXvXoEC.jpg

Your opponent must play with their hand revealed. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower WATER monster from your hand; its effect(s) is negated.

EDIT: i donated 100 accidentally cuz YCM is a butt if I could have 50 back that would be 10/10 Aqua

Archived