Xenoblade Chronicles X

Lonk

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I had to start over. Let's see if I can get most of these quests right. Aoja, tell her to stay put.

Now then, what do I do about the Prone chief son? Last time I went after him first and he died. What do I do?

Okay, there are a lot of choices here.So I will list the choices I think will lead to happy endings for these missions. Tell me if there are good or bad outcomes:

1. Save Kun'luarb with the sacred water.

2. Save Ge Jewhe by finding the bracelet.

3. Save... actually Saving the Man-on is a good thing.

4. Have the clans trust each other.

5. Reprogram Fortun.

6. Save three talons by selecting fire/horn during info.

7. Let him keep the sword.

8. Warn about Tolba.

9. Tell Gu Ladha there are other things to do besides fighting.

10. ShowZo Zazhi the swords.

11. Do not wager with Ga Jiarg

12. Lerpy protecting Lavina

13. Allow Prone to train the boar

14. Save son with holly... Okay saving him is what I do so, yeah, save him for last.

15. Not sure but marry Heptana?

16. Okay tell Loma about shipment.

17. Act methodically?

18. send Popote?

19. do as Feloran asks?

20. Send Orleon to live in New LA.

21. Dana with clusters. Christopher is a tech geek so necklace does not do it for him.

22. Agree to get more food for the Prone.

23. Radar comes from lake.

24. Congratulate on the baby?

25. Ackwar lives.

26. Herb?

27. Orphean rep chosen.

28. Talk down the thief.

29. Go with Rosalle's scheme.

30. Only kill the leader.

31. Kill 10 pigs.

32. Suggest Zaruboggans.

33. Not sure which to go for for L's conundrum.

34. Do I or do I not fight the Telethia?

35. Which is more favorable for Supllies Surprise?

36. Let the Wrothian go to NLA.

So am I just bad or are bosses annoyingly difficult unless you're overleved as heck? I got my butt kicked by the Fierce Vigent and Tainted Sphinx in their respective quests despite being a bit higher than each boss's level while I had equipped the best gear available to me from what I've looted/bought and as augmented as I could make them, and used the Soul Voices as much as I could, and just decided to beat them in the easier mode you can do after losing enough times, in which case they were both way too easy. The scaling is sort of weird.

So am I just bad or are bosses annoyingly difficult unless you're overleved as heck? I got my butt kicked by the Fierce Vigent and Tainted Sphinx in their respective quests despite being a bit higher than each boss's level while I had equipped the best gear available to me from what I've looted/bought and as augmented as I could make them, and used the Soul Voices as much as I could, and just decided to beat them in the easier mode you can do after losing enough times, in which case they were both way too easy. The scaling is sort of weird.

That depends on the current set-up of your team and arts.  What are they?

Though, from what I understand, larger enemies are treated as being much more stronger than what their level says they are.

For the Tainted Sphinx I had Cross as a Bastion Warrior along with Lin, Elma, and Lao since those three are required for Chapter 6. Everyone was at 25 except I think Lao was a bit lower. Arts for everyone else was default, and I had Wild Smash, Missile Volley, Fire Carnival, Shield Wall, Flame Cloak, Trash Talk, Reality Rift, and Enhanced Stance on Cross. Despite being melee-focused, I wasn't to rank 6 of Bastion Warrior yet so I didn't have Bombardier, and I don't like the Tension cost for Wild Down so Wild Smash was my only melee Art. I get that larger enemies are generally stronger, but it seems a bit much. Also, it's odd that Story Missions always have the required level only be 1, though obviously the prerequisite Affinity Missions can be a bit of a benchmark as well.

Like, in the final fight of Chapter 5, had I not already been a couple levels or so over, there was no way I was going to be able to do it, and even then it was hard fought.

I don't know much about the Bastion Warrior class, but have you tried leveling up your Arts and Skills?  Also, Wild Down is amazing when paired up with Elma's Shadow Strike, since it topples the Tainted Sphinx.  If you leveled up Trash Talk to a good Level, you can also gain a good amount of TP for Wild Down.  Be sure to also use the Gattling Gun's auto attack to gain TP as well.  What does Flame Cloak do again?

I knew I was forgetting something. So I am just bad, kek.

And Flame Cloak increases Thermal Resistance for the party, I just had it for more Soul Voice healing options.

My advice is to drop Flame Cloak for Wild Down, since you already have Shield Wall (which sustains the Buff Art needed for Soul Voices) and Flame Cloak is pretty useless against the Tainted Sphinx.  I also recommend leveling up all of your currently-used Arts to 3 and bring Trash Talk, Shield Wall and Reality Rift to Level 4 or 5 if you can.  You will see a major improvement with your strategy if you do that.

I get asked fairly often for the Support Arts so I wanted both since Shield Wall by itself is on cooldown for awhile, but I'll try it out.

I don't think it's necessarily an issue of strategy, more like the scaling of damage/boss health is a bit imbalanced. But perhaps that will change once I level up my arts and skills.

I get asked fairly often for the Support Arts so I wanted both since Shield Wall by itself is on cooldown for awhile, but I'll try it out.

I don't think it's necessarily an issue of strategy, more like the scaling of damage/boss health is a bit imbalanced. But perhaps that will change once I level up my arts and skills.

When the scaling of damage and health increases, then brute force becomes much less useful and strategy becomes much more important.  At this point, the game knows that you have enough resources to take down any creatures in your path so it pits you against larger foes to test the skills you have developed.

When you are able to get you Skell however, you can fight larger enemies on equal grounds.

So what sort of characters did you guys make? Using the Boy A face with the short spiky hair I made my guy look like a pretty good representation of Archer from Fate/stay night since I happened to notice the similarities when choosing my hair style initially and I went with it. Shame the eyebrows don't change color with the hair, though.

TpBfngR.jpg?1

I just finished up doing 'A False Hope' and I have to say that it is seriously messed up to the point where I would called it f*'d up.

[spoiler=The Affinity Mission]

Ornella, Hope's mother figure and partner, was selling off Hope's clients to the Ganglion to make money.  She absolutely despised Hope because she offered all of her services for free.  She badmouthed Hope's deceased father, telling her that his kindness is what got him fleeced and murdered.  Even when Hope said that she still would want Ornella to come back to NLA, Ornella refuses and kills herself in front of Hope.

That's... a way to end an affinity mission.  The worst part is that the person who is most affected by this, Hope, is a complete sweetheart who would help everyone out of pure goodwill.

Archived