Xenoblade Chronicles X

Lonk

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the options for appearance and job class for females? Please list.

Edit: I'll take a female, tan skin, hair style 13, blonde with Independent voice.

No job class differences between females and males.  Even if the initial customization is bland, you can unlock gear for your character over time.

But if you pick a new job class aren't you stuck with it? I mean this is not like Fire Emblem Awakening where you can alternate from default classes and re-class yourself as another class.

You can reclass yourself whenever as long as you hit Rank 10 on any of the previous classes with branching classes.

I was talking about the classes in this game, not Fire Emblem.

I was also talking about the classes in this game as well.  You can reclass to another class as long as the class you want to class would be the next link to a class you have previously maxed out on.  For example, let's say you are a Samurai Gunner and you want to class towards a Shield Trooper.  Since you maxed out on the Striker Class's Level, you can switch to the Shield Trooper.  However, if you have not yet maxed out on the Command class, then you cannot class into a Partisan Eagle or Winged Viper yet.

Okay, I think I need a chart to better explain it.

Japanese is the only one I could find:

Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-Class-Change.png

When you start the game, you start at the Drifter Class.  As you fight, explore and complete quests, your Class Rank gains experience.  As your Class Rank Levels up, you unlock new arts for the weapons of that class.

Do you see the lock icons over those images?  Those are classes that are currently unavailable to you.  In order to be able to class into them, you have to max out the Class Rank of the previous class.  Using the Drifter Class example, you can change into either a Striker Class, Command Class or Enforcer Class once your Drifter Class hits Rank 10 (the maximum level for a class).

Once you hit Rank 10 on one of those classes, then you would be able to access two more class branches that are connected to it.  Let's say you maxed out the Striker Class; you can now choose between the path of the Samurai Gunner or an entirely new class path known as Shield Trooper.  Those are the third tier classes.

But, you want to know about whether you can class at any time.  The answer is you can, so as long as you have fulfilled their condition of being able to access them.  Let's say that you don't want to be a Samurai Gunner or Shield Trooper and want to use an entirely different class.  Because you have maxed out the Class Rank of the Drifter Class, you can class yourself to be a part of the Command Class or Enforcer Class.  As previously stated, you cannot access their third tier classes until you hit Level 10 on their respective Class Ranks.

For more information on classes, I recommend looking at this link.

So basically, I can change into any class, anytime, provided, I have a class rank of 10?

Cool!

Also, when you play this game is it like Pokemon in terms of time, for example, you play at 6:00 pm, and the sun in the sky is starting to set?

Yes it is.  In addition, the cutscenes in the game also reflect the current outdoor conditions.  For example, I just completed the prologue chapter and saw all of NLA through the lighting of high noon.  It was wonderful.

Okay, I made my character, good thing they removed bust resizer for women, It's fine the way it is. Customization is not simple.

Okay, my character has a body size 44, Woman B, somewhat tan skin, no facial features, blonde hair, nothing special, blue eyes, red lips, some eye shadow, no facepaint and has an Independent voice.

How big is a character size 44 compared to every other character in the game?

I named her Amelia, what do you think?

Also, do choices matter? Like should I nod or shake my head to show my body is working fine.

Okay, I made my character, good thing they removed bust resizer for women, It's fine the way it is. Customization is not simple.

Okay, my character has a body size 44, Woman B, somewhat tan skin, no facial features, blonde hair, nothing special, blue eyes, red lips, some eye shadow, no facepaint and has an Independent voice.

How big is a character size 44 compared to every other character in the game?

I named her Amelia, what do you think?

Not sure for the size, but I like how you customized her.

What Class do you plan to go for?

I managed to pass chapter 3 did a lot of quests, got to commando where am only a few levels off max and got shadow Strike off a affinity quest. I also choose the Harriers division for melee damage boost. Still with some quest like finding certain items it does take you time to find the location of where you get them.

I should really get this one now that it's out, maybe i'll find it in this little town in the italian mountains. If i'm lucky i can find the special edition. But luck has never been my thing.

I really wish some multiplayer was incorporated, it seems fitting.

I should really get this one now that it's out, maybe i'll find it in this little town in the italian mountains. If i'm lucky i can find the special edition. But luck has never been my thing.

I really wish some multiplayer was incorporated, it seems fitting.

It is though.  If you are playing online and complete all the Squad Tasks, then you and three other people can do a group mission ala Monster Hunter style.

And don't worry about the data packs; the game doesn't run bad at all without them.

I'm a Galactic Knight now :D

From what I saw from the Blast Fencer line of classes, it prioritizes more around chaining your arts into combos.  As such, a good number of the arts in the class have some ridiculously quick cooldown times.  Since most Photon Sabers in the game inflict Beam damage, Geolibrium is a very potent aura to start off with since it increases the Beam damage dealt.  Afterwards, you go into Stellar Ray which debuffs all the monsters in range by reducing their Beam Resistance.  Plus, it deals more damage if the user has an Aura active.  Afterwards, you go into Starfall Blade and finish off with Starfall Rondo.  While they both get a boost of power if the previously-used art was a Melee art, Starfall Rondo does more attacks in it than Starfall Blade does and more overall damage as a result.  It's a pretty cool class.

Unfortunately, the Class line isn't very TP friendly and the player will struggle with trying to regenerate TP since Photon Sabers and Psycho Launchers don't really add much TP to you.

Just be careful how much time you put into the game. Last night I played until it was 4:30 in the morning and I only got 2 1/2 hours of sleep.

I'm also an outfitter.

I make sure to be very careful.  I too am an Outfitter.

Also, I mastered the Galactic Knight Class.  It was a fun and enjoyable class, but now it is time for me to tackle on the Psycorrupter line of classes.

Archived