[OCG] The Secret of Evolution (903)

http://www.ygorganization.com/thesecretofevolutionisinyou/

The latest core booster pack for Japan has been announced.

The Secret of Evolution
November 15th, 2014
Suggested Pack Price: 143 Yen

1 Pack comes with 5 Cards
80 Cards plus 10 Japanese World Premieres
6 Ultra Rares
10 Super Rares
20 Rares
54 Commons
Ultra Rares also come in Ultimate Rare
Super Rares and Ultra Rares also come in Secret Rares
There is 1 Holographic Rare Card

● The latest Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V Official Card Game Booster Pack has appeared!
● In addition to the normal rarities, alongside the Super and Ultra Rare cards, those cards will have Secret Rare counterparts!
● A ton of the latest cards in “Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V” appears. As well, there’s an Official Card Game original theme, and the set also includes cards to make past themes even stronger, along with World Premiere Cards debuting in Japan!
● The pack includes a good balance of cards geared towards beginners and fans of the animated series, along with cards geared towards existing players, so it appeals to a ton of people.
● Of course there are Pendulum Monsters, but the pack also has a rich variety with Ritual, Fusion, Synchro and Xyz Monsters.

Source:
Maxut

...I couldn't resist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2HYzl5VKYw

We're more than likely going to get Gishki support in this set.  With the rate how Shaddolls get their cards, this set should have the WIND and WATER Fusions, which means that Gishkis and Gustos will be involved.

Partnaga
Foodstuffs from the next episode
Probably more Melodious and Dark Duelist stuff
Probably another knight boss
[spoiler=since the field spell has room for 4 more]Hexatellarknight-NECH-JP-C.png[/spoiler]

>all Super and Ultra will have Secret counterparts

Now if only TCG could reverse that and give secrets Super counterparts or something.

Ritual Monsters. Maybe it's the new "Necross" archetype Masao mentioned?
With Synchros, I think there's probably going to be something that supports Yang Zings. 
But the title of the pack itself is interesting. When it says "Evolution" I just automatically think of Dinosaurs or Evols. Probably referring to DT, though, and the evolution of Data.

As for Anime Support, probably Melodious and Heavyweight Samurai again.

It sounds really interesting, and it's probably going to support lots of archetypes, like NECH did.

The title is interesting and makes me think of what Reiji said in the anime, he sees a possibility for evolution within Pendulum Monsters.

We already have Normal and Effect Pendulums so possibly Ritual Pendulums next?

Either way I hope they include more good Entermate support like Partnaga, Fire Mufflion, Spike Eagle, Plus Turtle, as well as some decent Spell and Trap support.

Other things we will likely see are Satellarknight, Melodious (possibly Fusions), Yang Zing, Superheavy Samurai, Shaddoll, and possibly Qliphoth support.

The title is interesting and makes me think of what Reiji said in the anime, he sees a possibility for evolution within Pendulum Monsters.

We already have Normal and Effect Pendulums so possibly Ritual Pendulums next?

Either way I hope they include more good Entermate support like Partnaga, Fire Mufflion, Spike Eagle, Plus Turtle, as well as some decent Spell and Trap support.

Other things we will likely see are Satellarknight, Melodious (possibly Fusions), Yang Zing, Superheavy Samurai, Shaddoll, and possibly Qliphoth support.

"possibly"

Satellarknights are probable to get 1 more main member and another Xyz. This gives them a total of 12 members, which matches with their predecessors, though they didn't include the ED.

Yang Zing are likely to get another Synchro for the "Father" of the 9 dragons, and maybe an "OC" mother of the 9 in the main. This is the 9 sons + "parents" for 11.

Shaddoll are probably going to get 1 more maindeck monster + 2 moer bosses. This is 13, an unlucky number that just adds to their "Evil".

We'll see either:

2 scale 9 and 2 scale 1

OR

1 Scale 9, 1 Scale 1, another Apoqliphort, and another Vanilla that's likely Scale 1

For Qliphorts.

And yes, their name in the TCG is Qliphort. It's also their OCG name, which makes all of the puns better, bar Saqliphoth, and was just a translation error.

Odd-Eyes evolution incoming

I don't really understand this fascination people have with Rituals, to be honest.

Neither do I.

By design, they are the hardest to make balanced. They cost the most and this means that, unless they give a HUGE reward or have engines that make them laughably easy to drop (Whenever they've been relevant, it's been BOTH), they're not worth it.

And this is because they're technically combo cards that reward you for assembling them. The issue is that what is a fair cost AND payoff? Herald, Demise, Gishki bar Levianima and Soul Ogre, Ultimate Herald, and so on are all terrible, terrible design... and what other Rituals are, or were, worth it?

Saphira is just winmoar Herald support.

Rituals are unconventional, but I'm intrigued to see what they'll do with them. I'm convinced they can become something relevant, but the way to make them work is harder to figure out and caliber than the other mechanics. They are basically Fusions where each of them has their own different specific Poly, and you also need to draw into the Ritual Monsters unlike all other mechanics. It is obviously worse and hugely outdated. There are less than 40 Ritual Monsters in the game, and most of the usable ones are Gishikis only, which says a lot about how neglected they are.

I think for starters they should make a generic Ritual Spell with a double use potential a la Arclight Chaos Force and a clause that prevents looping. That along would help a ton. Then Konami should go for low Level Rituals. That way the investment required is minimized compared to, say, using 2+ Tributes for your boss that's about to get blown away by Bottomless or Torrential, or your broken boss that could only become worthwhile by making the combo pieces give it immunity. 

As for the booster, I'm liking this name better than NECH from the get go, and yes it is definitely referencing what Reiji said in the anime.

No idea how Pendulums can possibly evolve though, since they are a Main Deck mechanic, which inevitably would end up in the upgrades being drawn into before the actual Ace. Not like CXyz that was just Rank-up Spells or "slap them on top and don't worry", or Accel Synchros that were possible because Synchros + Synchros was possible, and both mechanics could safely be stored away from inconsistencies until required. Fusions have their alternate mode of "Contact Fusion" but no upgrades per say, and Rituals aren't even normally supported well so forget about upgrades, not to mention they seem to have the same issue than Pendulums.

Odd-Eyes evolution incoming

I don't really understand this fascination people have with Rituals, to be honest.

Love for the underdog. Also, since they've been in the game right from the start, the nostalgia factor also plays a big role.

Duelist Alliance denotes a starter set (Odd-Eyes)
Next Challengers denotes something that had to step up to the ball as a mechanic (DRXD)

Evolution has been linked to Synchros since 5Ds. It's innovative.

I'm better that _____ ______ Fusion Dragon is 904 and idk if we'll get rituals.

If, however, we did get rituals somehow, despite their absence from the Arc V-verse thus far, they'd be 904 and fusions 905.

Because if Synchro dragon is 903's cover, then they're premiering the dragons in reverse order of the birth of their mechanic.

Next Challengers denotes something that had to step up to the ball as a mechanic (DRXD)

If, however, we did get rituals somehow, despite their absence from the Arc V-verse thus far, they'd be 904 and fusions 905.

Because if Synchro dragon is 903's cover, then they're premiering the dragons in reverse order of the birth of their mechanic.

do we get _____ _____ effect dragon and _____ _____ flip dragon and _____ _____ normal dragon too

and then gemini and spirit and- *shot*

Effect Dragon and Normal Dragon would be pretty funny too, because those ARE card types. Also expecting a Spell Dragon and a Trap Dragon eventually..

Pendulum

Xyz

Ritual

Fusion

Synchro

Effect

Normal

Spell

Trap

...Damn, thats 9, not 8... hmm

Fusions could still be 904. The order might not be reverse order of the birth of there mechanic but instead the reverse order of the series which placed emphasis on them. Which makes sense given it's Arc-V (Literally Arc five), and the lack of ritual monsters thus far fits - The origional series was arguably tribute summoned focused, not Ritual. Which explains whilst we haven't seen any ritual monsters, we have had a lot of tribute summoned monsters. Even direct throwbacks to the original series from the very first episode. Especially since the names have sort of invoked the anime the series was in response to - Especially Evolution for 5D's. 

Since that way - It still leaves a set to give each Dragon an Evolution that's a cover card. 

The number isn't 8 or 9. It's 5.

As in Arc V/Five.

But Rituals seem to be the upcoming Villains of Arc-V. It's not confirmed by any means, but there's some calamity apparently coming, and there's only 1 type of card totally unseen...

The number isn't 8 or 9. It's 5.

As in Arc V/Five.

But Rituals seem to be the upcoming Villains of Arc-V. It's not confirmed by any means, but there's some calamity apparently coming, and there's only 1 type of card totally unseen...

Funny that it's Rituals that would be the boss monster of Arc-V, considering Rituals were, what, the first thing they added to the game?
(They had Fusions since LOB, shoosh)

Funny that it's Rituals that would be the boss monster of Arc-V, considering Rituals were, what, the first thing they added to the game?
(They had Fusions since LOB, shoosh)

well the improvements that rituals need are more or less, consistency.

now here's an idea. rituals that eat the scales instead of the monsters, only needing a certain size space between them. they could even make it a X or LESS style as well that way. plus if your going to ritual, wouldn't it be easier to the infinite fodder that are pendulums now anyway?

Archived