my own CCG (Chaos Card Battles)

NeoRWBY65

I am somewhat confused as to why no one else has joined in (other than that person that joined in right before we started that game, and then left since he would just be spectating)

I am very willing to accept ideas, but most people seem to want to change the core concepts of this game, which is what I spent most of my time perfecting, thus least likely to change.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am somewhat confused as to why no one else has joined in (other than that person that joined in right before we started that game, and then left since he would just be spectating)

I am very willing to accept ideas, but most people seem to want to change the core concepts of this game, which is what I spent most of my time perfecting, thus least likely to change.

I was confused by that aswell, especially since the core concepts were what made the game what it is, and the concepts were pretty damn good anyways.

Do you have a design in mind?  I know a website where you could get some support on a project like this.  It looks alot like a game that I just saw on that site recently in fact.  But seems original with the levels and speed changability.

The changability that you are talking about, is that referring to the recent ability Chaotic Change? Chaotic Change could just as easily affect the other stats, its just that for the examples it changed the speed.

• 4 weeks later...

New stuff, found what i can finally base my deck on.

Keyword: Poison

Poison does nothing and disappears during the EP.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example Card:

Poison Burn 

Level 0 

Instant

Apply poison to target creature

If the target is already poisoned, renew the poison and activate the following effect:

Strike 1 on the target and then draw 1 card.

First comment:

Interesting, so in order for it to do anything you have to hit the same card with poison effects twice in the same turn.

Second Comment:

I've had some ideas for this step, but I have internal conflicts at the same time as to what the right path is.

Additional:

I had started to make some proxies, but didn't finish the series, but my favorite one was a card with this on it (I don't remember the exact name, so I'm changing the name for this)

Heroic Monk

Level 5

3/3/3

When this card deals damage to an opponent, increase the attack stat by 1.

When this card defeats an opponent's card in combat, increase the speed stat by 1.

If this card did not attack this turn, increase the intelligence stat by 1.

It was my favorite of the proxies that I made.

Figured out how passives will work btw,

They are cards that are powerful and really help kickstart the early game because the games will take FOREVER otherwise.

They dont count toward your deck total but you will always start with your one on your field, they are all Level 0. (Except for maybe some special ones???)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My one for my deck:

Necronetic Essence of Venom

Level 0 (ofc)

Effect 1: Venomous Climax:

Whenever a creature is poisoned this turn, or is targeted by an effect whilst already poisoned, Increase your level by 1 until the end of turn.

You can only use this effect 3 times per turn.

Effect 2: Toxic Coma:

(Once per turn) Level Freeze 1: Poison target creature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Different ones for different sets ofc.

Also i was thinking that we have something similar to yugioh where cards can be used from any set, but we have to really keep power creep etc in mind when creating cards!

So after the base sets, probably introduce alot more gimmicks and problem fixes rather than power creep the game to hell and back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How will sets be released tho?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, we really need to start designing templates etc !!! >.<

Maybe I should make a card.

(Passive) Nuclear Shroud

Level 3

Whenever a creature is poisoned, send it to the deck and summon from your deck a creature with a level that is 1 level higher, or destroy it.

Was that OP and was the OCG bad?

Thats very OP O.o

Thanks for the idea tho.

I could re-use that to make the following card,

Necronetic Polymorph Angel

Level 6

Before damage calculation between this attacking card and an opponents creature, if that creature is poisoned, activate the following effect:

Shuffle that target into the deck and if you do, reveal the top card of your deck and put it into the field, and make its level 0.

6/5/6

Kinda a bit less OP since it can only do it once per turn, has slightly weaker stats, and what it puts onto the field is un-reliable.

The new card that his idea would put on the battlefield would have to adhere to the level constraint still, but turning poison into something that bounces everything back to the deck would be a little overpowered still.

Your re-make kinda reminds me of the recent Magic ability Manifest, but how would your card you made deal with cards that do not stay on the battlefield?

The new card that his idea would put on the battlefield would have to adhere to the level constraint still, but turning poison into something that bounces everything back to the deck would be a little overpowered still.

Your re-make kinda reminds me of the recent Magic ability Manifest, but how would your card you made deal with cards that do not stay on the battlefield?

Insta-casts them.

Most of the none-stick-around spells will poison so it would barely ever miss timing etc

Because if the spell misses timing then it becomes Moot.

Lets just make suggestions in order to keep this thread alive.

My ideas do need refining.

How about an archetype based around and ancient civilization, like the Babylon?

Would be fine i guess, but archetypes are still under planning from my knowledge so idk.

Alright, I kinda want to attempt this and see if we can pull it off. Instead of us just continually adding random cards to this discussion, how about we start setting up the card list for the first pack, and if we see problems we'll fix them as necessary.

Checklist I have for the first pack:

How many cards we are willing to stick in the first pack

How to split up the rarities of cards

Determine what kind of world we want to set up as the setting for the cards to come from (do we want a war-torn world, or a world for explorers, or something else entirely?)

After we have these things determined, it will be time to start making cards

I'll put what I think we should have for each of my points, then I'd like to know what you think for each point, and then maybe you could come up with some other points that need to be answered.

1. I think 100 card should be fine for the first pack.

2. I'm thinking 4 rarities, with the highest taking 5 slots, the second taking 15 cards, the third taking 30, and the lowest rarity taking 50 cards

3. I'm thinking a world with large monsters and heroic warriors (we can flesh this out more if you agree with this for a basic concept)

Alright, I kinda want to attempt this and see if we can pull it off. Instead of us just continually adding random cards to this discussion, how about we start setting up the card list for the first pack, and if we see problems we'll fix them as necessary.

Checklist I have for the first pack:

How many cards we are willing to stick in the first pack

How to split up the rarities of cards

Determine what kind of world we want to set up as the setting for the cards to come from (do we want a war-torn world, or a world for explorers, or something else entirely?)

After we have these things determined, it will be time to start making cards

I'll put what I think we should have for each of my points, then I'd like to know what you think for each point, and then maybe you could come up with some other points that need to be answered.

1. I think 100 card should be fine for the first pack.

2. I'm thinking 4 rarities, with the highest taking 5 slots, the second taking 15 cards, the third taking 30, and the lowest rarity taking 50 cards

3. I'm thinking a world with large monsters and heroic warriors (we can flesh this out more if you agree with this for a basic concept)

How would do you like a world similar to Earth with conflict as well as happiness, except it has monsters and flashy god-men? War-torn worlds are a bit deep for a flashy card game.

Dibs on the Poison Angels Of Oblivion. 

They shall be my clan of choice, and i shall murder you all in the most hostile way possible!

They dont have to be angels tho, it will just be thingys that use the poison keyword that i made up, im so proud of that :3

Archived