my own CCG (Chaos Card Battles)

NeoRWBY65

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So here are the rules I've rounded up so far.

Rules

-------

.Starting hand is 6 cards big...

. Monsters Have three stats Attack/Defense/Intelligence

. Decks are 50 cards big.

. On your first turn your level is 1 and increases by 1 during the beginning of all your other turns.

.You declare what you attack with 1 by 1 and your opponent declares what they block with when an attacker is declared.

.Spells that don't stay on the field only count toward your level count for that turn.

.You can only control/play cards if your level is equal to or below the amount of levels you control.

.When in damage calculation with another defending OR attacking MONSTER involves all three stats, and if you lose in just 1 stat, your monster is destroyed, and if you win in one different stat, your opponent's monster is destroyed.

.In damage calculation involving your monster and another player you roll to choose your stats and inflict damage to your opponent depending on the chosen stat.

.Combat shield means that monster has 2 lose in 2 different stats for it to be defeated in battle.

.You get a free mulligan (when you draw your starting hand you can shuffle your hand into your deck and draw the same amount of cards you shuffled in... after the first mulligan you can do it again but you draw 1 less card).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things that blatantly need classification.

.Your lifespan

.Level-limit (i dont think this is necessary just throwing it on here.)

.Base Powers.....

This shall be expanded upon in the future.

When I said to roll for monster combat, I meant to roll to determine which stat would damage players. The combat system that I have always had between monsters involves all three stats, and if you lose in just 1 stat, your monster is destroyed, and if you win in one different stat, your opponent's monster is destroyed.(unless you or your opponent has combat shield, then you are safe unless you lose in two stats).

I think for battle between monsters, players shouldn't take damage, unless a card has an ability similar to Magic's Trample.

...did I say decks are 50 cards? I don't remember saying it, but it has been what I envisioned as the deck size.

I agree with your recommendation for the starting hand.

I think there should be a mulligan system, but I never liked how quickly most systems lose cards. I think that it should be that every second mulligan makes you lose a card.

uh-huh ok ill fix that too.

ill re-post the board near the beggining of each page so i can go back to it quickly.

So here are the rules I've rounded up so far.

Rules

-------

.Starting hand is 6 cards big...

. Monsters Have three stats Attack/Defense/Intelligence

. Decks are 50 cards big.

. On your first turn your level is 1 and increases by 1 during the beginning of all your other turns.

.You declare what you attack with 1 by 1 and your opponent declares what they block with when an attacker is declared.

.Spells that don't stay on the field only count toward your level count for that turn.

.You can only control/play cards if your level is equal to or below the amount of levels you control.

.When in damage calculation with another defending OR attacking MONSTER involves all three stats, and if you lose in just 1 stat, your monster is destroyed, and if you win in one different stat, your opponent's monster is destroyed.

.In damage calculation involving your monster and another player you roll to choose your stats and inflict damage to your opponent depending on the chosen stat.

.Combat shield means that monster has 2 lose in 2 different stats for it to be defeated in battle.

.You get a free mulligan (when you draw your starting hand you can shuffle your hand into your deck and draw the same amount of cards you shuffled in... after the first mulligan you can do it again but you draw 1 less card).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things that blatantly need classification.

.Your lifespan

.Level-limit (i dont think this is necessary just throwing it on here.)

This shall be expanded upon in the future.

However a rough guideline is very much needed...

I said this before but my idea is how i usually rate magic cards... 

to r8 mtg cards (this is gonna sound rly stupid but here we go...) i double the mana cost and then add up the stats and abilities...

Lets use Hythonia as an example

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=373673&type=card

Ok so she has a mana cost of six.. so my rating system gives her -12 points (-2 for each 1 mana in the cost).

her stats (P/T) give her +10 so right now shes on -2... (im gonna keep it simple since monstrosity is alot more difficult to rate so im just gonna say it doesnt exist.)she has deathtouch so thats +1 and her other 2 effs amount to another 2 points so she would be a +1 in total which is amazing.

Its a really interesting way of doing it and it doesnt work for all creatures and some effects u just have 2 judge how many points its worth..

I suggest using this as a guideline to create cards your cards but instead you would Triple the level because they have 3 stats instead of 2???

Its a bit weird how i explained it and the idea itself...

Hope i was of use (i doubt it) ^^

That reasoning is why I thought Dark Coordinator was kinda OP. His stats were equal to triple his level, and he had several powerful effects, with the only drawback being unable to attack. I think Dark Coordinator should be the high end of the power spectrum.

I am also going to edit the OP with the current rules, so that people that look at this topic don't assume its a mess.

Also is the level decrease effects gonna be used like overload/echo costs??(If you get what i mean..)

Also new idea... since there isnt anything like toughness or anything like that we could have stat burn...

So if a stat drops below 0 (by a card a effect) on a monster that monster is destroyed.

cards that Burn this way will have an ability called "Strike -" so you can reduce 1 stat of target monster by the number that comes after strike... 

Example

Lightning Slam. Level 2

Strike 3.

If the monster this card dealt damage is still on the field after the resolution of this cards effect, Draw 1 card.

If you like the idea i will add it to the board if not then dont worry.

it seems that I cannot make a clean version of my template since it always exported transparent (I dunno why ...) but will fix that...

However, I have some suggestions, concerning the rules... Everything is good, except the Battle rules, it makes the game based on only luck .. and that's not a good thing... Here is my suggestions:

• Attacking monsters will use their ATK stat, blocking minsters will use their DEF stat.
  • If the ATK of the Attacking monster in higher than the DEF of the blocking monster; Detsroy the blocking monster and inflict damage to your opponent.
  • If the ATK of the Attacking monster is lower than the DEF of the blocking monster but higher than the blocking monster's ATK; you take damage.
  • If the ATK of the Attacking monster is lower the the DEF and ATK of the blocking monster; Destroy the Attacking monster and you take damage.

For the intelligence:

• During a Battle, the creature that has the lower intelligence stat cannot activate its effect during that battle. (You know, it is like: hey there, I;m smarter than you, your effects won't work with me ><)...
  • Monster that have combat shield are unaffected by this rule.
  • If both of Attacking and blocking monsters have combat shields, their effects can be activated normally. (This rule is also apply when their intelligence state are equal).

Due to these rules, Combat Shield will have another concept:

• If a monster with Combat Shield would leave the Battle Field; Remove 1 Shield Combat from him instead. (Damage is applied normally)

That will give more possibilities: like a monster can have more than 1 combat shield, also they will be Spell cards whose effects will concern those combat shields (adding CS, removing CS, Remove 1 CS from a creature to (activate an effect), etc...) 

Anyway, I will update the templates soon, the next changes will involve:

• Each clan will have their own card frame color and background.
  • Make the Spell cards template.
  • fix some minor flaws in the templates.

Good suggestions and everything but if things only use there attack stat then rush-down attack stat heavy decks will just rule the meta.

The direct damage rolling a dice to do damage is fair,NOT luck, cus if u have 4/4/4 u have a guaranteed 4 damage anyway. and if you have no attack but you are really smart you should be able to do some damage. things having 0 attack shouldnt just render them completely useless.

I had the same thoughts but i think the combat system neo created is fine IMO because if everything is constantly dying with neos system so beit if you lose monsters constantly just view it as board space cus the whole level limit thing is making this confusing but its a rly good idea.

Anyway w8 for what neo says but i dont think a change in the battle-system is 100% necessary.

If we could, I would like to have the name of defense changed. Having it called defense implies it is linked to the attack, which it is not. In the post that I initially gave names to them, it was called speed, but it could be called agility, if you two agree with this, that would be nice.

The combat system needs to stay, I showed the rules to a friend and he understood the combat system, but complained about the defense stat having that name (which prompted the first part of this post).

Archived