my own CCG (Chaos Card Battles)

NeoRWBY65

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah ive really been looking for those templates...

HOWEVER!

I have a really cool new idea,

Since so far we've been doing some basic idea's but the game REALLY needs something unique.

I have a unique idea of planeswalker-like monsters....

They will be like the normal monsters (but the art will be like an orica/fullart). 

they will ALL have the keyword Lost.

There will be a zone called the "Lost Zone" or something along those lines.

and, to get the lost dudes on the field they have to start their journey first right?

so to get the dudes in the lost zone in the first place you have to target 1 level X or higher (Where X is the number after Lost) monster you control and place it and ALL cards (From everywhere that you control) with the same name as it in the lost zone along with the Lost Person you are using the effect of (Only 1 person can be lost at a time but any amount of monsters can be and the Lost person will always be on top of the lost zone aswell as this effect being able to be activated from the deck aswell as the hand.)

The way you summon this person and ALL cards beneath it is to destroy ALL other cards you control (Remember Level Limits apply when you summon them still.) You cant get them on the field the turn you get them in the lost zone either.

Example time.

Fenrir, Werewolf Of Lust. Level 7.

Lost 3

When this card is summoned, it gains +1 attack for each Beat-Type monster you control.

Combat shield 1

4/4/3

Also Lost People cant deal direct damage.

Its a completely weird idea but i would really like to see it happen....

I would have to playtest with it to see if it works.

The only trouble I have with that is that for new players (which everyone would be) it kinda needs to stay simple to start with.

EDIT: I mean, we can go complex, but I'm thinking along the lines of if this gets actually released (somehow), the first set kinda needs to have simple mechanics and effects to be new-player friendly. If it starts complex, later sets would only be more complex, and drive players away.

Sorry to bump this, but Batmed, I would really appreciate it if you could get a copy of the base template to me, as I really want to start playtesting this with the cards.

Out of curiosity... anyway I can help? btw I'm sure bat will get it done soon, It's a tough job.

so sorry for the delay, but don't worry, I will post the .psd file of the template once It will be finished

To be clear for effects, we should set up sequences... Like for example...
Start Sequence/Field Sequence/War Sequence/End Sequence

Start: Draw a cards and possibly activate a effect

Field: Play Being (since monsters is used by YGO and creatures by MTG) and Hecate Cards (I recall yugioh getting sued for "Magic" cards) also activate possible effects at this time.

War: Attack with Beings while opposing player decides if and what to block with. Any possible effects.

End: Activate any possible effects then end your turn.

How zat?

OK then... After War comes a secound field sequence, I just don't see when the player would use it...

If you lost some of your cards in the fight, you'll find yourself with a lower level sum, and you can play more cards to get it back close to your current level sum maximum.

We have just been using placeholder names for most of the stuff, but I like the Hecate name. I'm not sure on the other name.

Batmed, King, what do you two think on the names Hecate for spells and Being for what we have been calling monsters?

Your by yyourselves on that one,dont take my opinions for names..... just dont. ( I wanted to include something to do with the word "Neon" for spells and stuff but ill invent a new idea to implement that.)

As for the senquences i will add them to the board of stuff.

I wish there was a way to make the board "editable" by other people but oh well.....

Anyway..... Im gonna start writing a written archetype soon and get your guys opinion.

Chaining and stuff needs sorting out. (I shall do this if i have no other volunteers.)

so yeah.... 

Rules

-------

.You start on 40 Life. 

.Starting hand is 6 cards big...

. Monsters Have three stats Attack/Defense/Intelligence

. Decks are 50 cards big.

. On your first turn your level is 1 and increases by 1 during the beginning of all your other turns.

.You declare what you attack with 1 by 1 and your opponent declares what they block with when an attacker is declared.

.Spells that don't stay on the field only count toward your level count for that turn.

.You can only control/play cards if your level is equal to or below the amount of levels you control.

.When in damage calculation with another defending OR attacking MONSTER involves all three stats, and if you lose in just 1 stat, your monster is destroyed, and if you win in one different stat, your opponent's monster is destroyed.

.In damage calculation involving your monster and another player you roll to choose your stats and inflict damage to your opponent depending on the chosen stat.

.You get a free mulligan (when you draw your starting hand you can shuffle your hand into your deck and draw the same amount of cards you shuffled in... after the first mulligan you can do it again but you draw 1 less card).

.If a monsters stat drops below 0 it is destroyed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords

.Combat shield means that monster has 2 lose in 2 different stats for it to be defeated in battle.

.Strike, reduce 1 stat of a monster depending on the number that comes after strike.

.Level-Freeze, decrease your level by the number that comes after Level-Freeze until the end of your NEXT turn.

.Level-Lock, decrease your level by the number that comes after Level-Lock.

.Cure -?-?-?- target a damaged or "about to die" creature and give it +?+?+?. that creature cant attack or block for the rest of the turn.

.Curse -?-?-?- give target creature that hasn't been dealt damage this turn and give it -?-?-?.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turn Sequence

Start: Draw a cards and possibly activate a effect

Field: Play Being (since monsters is used by YGO and creatures by MTG) and Hecate Cards (I recall yugioh getting sued for "Magic" cards) also activate possible effects at this time.

War: Attack with Beings while opposing player decides if and what to block with. Any possible effects.

Field: Play Being (since monsters is used by YGO and creatures by MTG) and Hecate Cards (I recall yugioh getting sued for "Magic" cards) also activate possible effects at this time.

End: Activate any possible effects then end your turn.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things that need more work.

.Moar keywords! 

.Clans!

.List of monster types.

.Chains

.My archetype that ill have to type up soon

the rest of your stuff in the to-do list really relies on us making examples of what a card doing that would be like, so I'll be getting to making some example cards as well that align with clans or have a certain keyword, and I'll get a rough list of types eventually

The chaining system can work pretty much the same as in MTG TBH. I just wanted to brush up on how it worked.

Anyway, Since i have to be unique (Cus i really dont like people copying stuffs) then we can just change the name "Stack".

Also ive been thinking of how to implement this (Aswell as the word Neon :) ) into the card effects in a fairly interesting way.

So heres a mild explanation, (Things in " " will be changed eventually)

Neon "Stack" - A Stack with only spell effects inside.

"Argon" "Stack" - A Stack with only monster summons/effects/etc.

"Xenon" "Stack" - a Stack with both kinds of effects.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason why i suggest this is because it simply will make things easier to word, Maybe its slightly confusing to players (And I mean SLIGHTLY) but in the long-run it could potentially be a nice healthy idea.

I always give a decent example with my ideas so here they are, (NOTE: This card shall also be in my archetype..... if you like my idea).

Example card

Void Spell: Mana Collapse 

Level 2

Spell- "Instant"

Effect: Activate only in a Neon "Stack". Negate the effects of all cards with a level lower or equal to the level of this card OR Negate the effect of target 1 card in this "Stack". Whilst this card is in your graveyard you can shuffle it into the deck; Put one monster you control into the Lost Zone.You can only activate 1 effect of "Void Spell: Mana Collapse" per turn.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived