my own CCG (Chaos Card Battles)

NeoRWBY65

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

new concept "innate deck"

deck of 10 "primal" cards that are only in the "innate" deck

you can play without this deck, but if you do play with this deck you have to have exactly 10 cards in it

as you begin each turn, a new primal card is revealed from your innate deck, and whatever that Primal card has on it applies for the remainder of your turn, then is sent to the bottom of your Innate Deck

Each Primal Card has 2-4 abilities on it. Each ability has a number by it. You can use each of the abilities as many times as you want during your turn, but each time you use one of the abilities, you level lock yourself equal to the number by that effect.

Any questions?

The level 5 ability is seriously overpriced depending on who you are facing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The idea is really neat though, isnt there a thing similar to this in mtg 3 vs 1?

i like the idea but balancing them will be interesting

Sorry for sounding mean earlier but its difficult to judge an idea with no example of how its gonna flow. ^^:

The level 5 ability is seriously overpriced depending on who you are facing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The idea is really neat though, isnt there a thing similar to this in mtg 3 vs 1?

i like the idea but balancing them will be interesting

Sorry for sounding mean earlier but its difficult to judge an idea with no example of how its gonna flow. ^^:

Yeah, you are right. That is where part of the inspiration came from for this.

Level Locking to create a token is one of the few instances where I would allow a level 0 card to exist in this game

Balancing will be a problem, but you get them in a random order each game, so you don't know what will be next until Turn 11 onward, and they don't always have an ability that level locks for 1 (some might have the lowest ability level lock you for 3, for example).

Any card layout for the front page post? This idea is cool but the concept of having a level limit your moves to a small amount doesn't seem very.. fun. The name is not that creative in my opinion..

Seriously,i'm not trying to be mean but, read some of the previous comments other than the OP...... We stated earlier that we are still waiting on card layouts....

The name is up to Neo but its probably also just another place holder, that should probably be obvious.

Any card layout for the front page post? This idea is cool but the concept of having a level limit your moves to a small amount doesn't seem very.. fun. The name is not that creative in my opinion..

Batmed had some card layouts somewhere between pages 3 and 5, and the level limit system is one of the core aspects of the game.

Okay lets play a game to get this started!

You may make it up as you go along.

Its a story game so, its kinda gonna be anime style in a way.

it can be within a sentence to a page, either way this is to get a rough idea of stuff.

You start with a beginning!  

My level limit goes to 1 on my first turn, and I use this opportunity to play the level 1 spell Blast Burn, dealing 1 damage to you *a small fireball forms out of the card and strikes you, but you barely flinch due to how small it is*

Because I have hit the level limit, I'll end my turn. Your level limit will also be one for the first turn.

Behold im the kinda strangely named opponent, Arcanus!

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120309173542/goldensun/images/2/28/GSDDAce.jpg

I draw! (Right?)

"Hehehe they will never see this one coming...."

"I play!"

Arcral Horror (Rare/creature/DARK/Fiend)

Level 1

3/3/2

Haste

Cannot attack unless you control 3 or more "Arcral" Monsters.

Any creature that attacks this creature or is attacked by this creature gains combat shield until the  end of the damage step.

Due to level limitations, i end my turn, over to you neo, do your best :)

Behold im the kinda strangely named opponent, Arcanus!

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120309173542/goldensun/images/2/28/GSDDAce.jpg

I draw! (Right?)

"Hehehe they will never see this one coming...."

"I play!"

Arcral Horror (Rare/creature/DARK/Fiend)

Level 1

3/3/2

Haste

Cannot attack unless you control 3 or more "Arcral" Monsters.

Any creature that attacks this creature or is attacked by this creature gains combat shield until the  end of the damage step.

Due to level limitations, i end my turn, over to you neo, do your best :)

I should have mentioned this before, but I'm the first of my OCs in my Sig, Felicity. You are correct, we both did draw a card during our turns, I just didn't mention it during mine.

"I played a spell on my first turn so that my second turn I would have more room before I hit my level limit."

"I draw, and my level limit goes to 2."

"I play"

Cyber Brain(Creature/Dark/Machine)

Level 2

1/1/3

If Cyber Brain is destroyed, draw a card.

Since I have hit my level limit, I'll end my turn.

Draw,Hand size = 7

-----------------------------------

M1

-----------------------------------

activate!

Arcral Fissure (Uncommon/Field)

Level: 1

Effect: 

Once per turn during either players turn you can negate the direct attack of an opponents creature by paying 1 life; if the damage you wouldve taken was 3 or more; draw 1 card.

-------------------------------------------

EP

-------------------------------------------

Life: 40

hand size: 6

You took one damage from my blast burn on the first turn

"I draw" *7 cards in hand*

I activate my Spell Self-Destruct

Self-Destruct(Spell)

Level 1

Destroy a level 2 or higher Machine you control; destroy target creature with a level equal to or below the level of the destroyed monster.

"I sacrifice my Cyber Brain to destroy Arcral Horror, and draw a card due to Cyber Brain's effect."

I have 2 levels before my limit, so I activate my spell Future Reasoning

Future Reasoning(Spell, Uncommon)

Level 2

Draw 3 cards.

I end my turn

Life:40

Hand:9

Life: 39

Hand: 7

-------------

Hmph 2 levels spare is good...

First ill activate my spell card!

Re-Summon (Rare/Spell/sorcery)

Level 1

Target 1 creature in your graveyard that was destroyed last turn and make its level 0.Then target 1 creature in your hand and decrease its level by 1 until end of turn.

Then i summon! (who is now level 1)

Arcral Chevalier (uncommon/Knight/DARK)

level 2  3/2/2

When this card is summoned you can add 1 "Arcral" creature from your deck or graveyard to your hand.

Combat shield

Deathspawn: draw 1 card.

I add "Arcral Maiden"

I cannot attack yet so i shall end my turn.

------------------------------------------------------

Hand: 6

10 cards in hand, 40 life.

I have 4 levels free, so I'll play Mechanized Dragon.

Mechanized Dragon (Machine Dragon/Earth)

Level 3

3/3/3

When this card declares an attack on a player, destroy target non-creature card.

I will then play my spell Backfire Upgrade

Backfire Upgrade (Rare/Spell)

Level 1

Double the Attack and speed of target creature you control and give it haste, then that target is destroyed at the end of the turn. If that target is destroyed by this effect, Level Lock X, where X is the level of the destroyed monster.

I attack with my now 6/6/3 creature. I'll let you respond with a blocker if you wish, but it will still be my turn until I post again. And it just destroyed your Fissure.

So it destroys fissure before its effect can activate? Makes no sense since when we both declare blockers then its effect activates.

If it IS destroyed,

i play the card i previously searched!

rolls dice and lands on 6 damage.

Now i activate the effect of my,

Arcral Maiden (Uncommon/Spellcaster/LIGHT)

Level 1

1/1/1

During either players turn when you take damage from a card effect or direct attack you can summon this card from your hand to gain life points equal to the amount you lost.

Once per turn when an opponents monster declares an attack and you declare this card as a blocker you can negate that attack.

You can only activate this card's effects if you control another "Arcral" card.

Hand: 5

Archived