my own CCG (Chaos Card Battles)

NeoRWBY65

Hand 6

Life 39

-----------

I play,

Arcral Call

Level 1 (Field)

Put a number of Level 0 1/0/1 "Arcral Wolves" on the field equal to the amount of Arcral cards you control (Counting this as one).

When a creature is sent to the graveyard you can put a Level 1 1/1/1 "Arcral Specter" on the field of the owner that owns the card that was sent to the graveyard.

I attack you and you would take 6 (Maiden dies 1, Horror 3, and chevalier 2)

-------

I have

39 LP

Hand size 5

--------------

Arcral Maiden (Uncommon/Spellcaster/LIGHT)

Level 1

1/1/1

During either players turn when you take damage from a card effect or direct attack you can summon this card from your hand to gain life points equal to the amount you lost.

Once per turn when an opponents monster declares an attack and you declare this card as a blocker you can negate that attack.

You can only activate this card's effects if you control another "Arcral" card.

Arcral Chevalier (uncommon/Knight/DARK)

level 2  3/2/2

When this card is summoned you can add 1 "Arcral" creature from your deck or graveyard to your hand.

Combat shield

Deathspawn: draw 1 card.

Arcral Horror (Rare/creature/DARK/Fiend)

Level 1

3/3/2

Haste

Cannot attack unless you control 3 or more "Arcral" Monsters.

Any creature that attacks this creature or is attacked by this creature gains combat shield until the  end of the damage step.

And 4 1/0/1 Wolves.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought a 0 on one of its stats would kill a card?

Alright, I draw

Hand:9

Life:34

I activate my spell Skill Gain

Skill Gain (Rare/Spell)

Level 1

Half your life; gain levels equal to the life lost last turn.

Because I lost 6 life last turn, I gain 6 levels, to go up to 8

I now play Cybernetic Phoenix

Cybernetic Phoenix (Rare/Machine/Fire)

Level 6

5/5/2

When Cybernetic Phoenix dies, destroy all cards on the field with a lower level than this card, and Level Lock 6 each player.

...before I continue, should level lock on an opponent result in negative levels or just going to 0?

alright. Thanks for clearing that up

I play my level 1 Jar of Ideas

Jar Of Ideas (Creature/Dark/Machine)

Level 1

0/0/3

When Jar of Ideas is destroyed, add 3 Intelligence to a creature you control.

Life:17

Hand:6

Current Level:8

EDIT: I was watching a video talking about first move advantage being a problem in games similar to this one, I was wondering if you had some ideas on how to reduce the problem for this game, and then I'll throw my ideas in, and we'll figure out which ones work the best.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry! I didnt see your previous messages and was thinking about the 1st one still..... hm.

Like explain what kind of advantage the first player is getting currently? Are they just THAT much faster?

Because it depends on what im trying to deal with here :/

I guess.....

Hm I see.

Actually, lets do this problem last.

My reason for this is to let the game become more developed with rulings and more effects etc so we can judge how powerful it is properly and not too prematurely. 

I still want some kind of Hearthstone Hero-power/ turn your player into a planeswalker like in EDH/commander decks! 

(I find the EDH/Commander alot more fun to play)

• 2 weeks later...

sorry I'm a few days late, but here's what I got out of the two proxy players

They caught on to the rules very easily, but the game turned into a drawn out struggle as both players recouped their losses on the turn that they lost their cards and neither was able to get damage in past the defenses the other had.

This was partially due to an error in how I was making the proxies in that I let them choose the stats for their cards, then I assigned levels to each of their creatures, and we were running everything as vanilla creatures, so it wasn't as fun as having abilities active.

I'm going to have another playtest with them when I get back to them in the middle of January, but this time I'm making all of the proxies and giving them effects to try and have more fun than in the first playtest

Yup, I'm gonna make mine into a nature-themed sylvanus deck.
The whole, its hard to push for game thing is, well, a fairly big issue, its also why I wanted to stop the anime thing, I could see it going round in many many circles.
Ways to counteract that is to put some offensive spells in every archetype I guess.

Also since batmed isnt coming back, then we have to find someone else, this is getting ridiculous.

Also sorry my reply is late, i didn't see your first comment.

it was getting close to turn 20, but we cut off early, so I didn't get to see actual end game scenarios.

Batmed has vanished completely huh? Well, I'm starting to recruit my actual friends to help (I have a few others that I'm going to try and get to help with this)

One of them was really ticked off at how different the creature vs. creature fights was compared to the creature attacking a player, but I don't know whether we should keep things as they are or change it.

it was getting close to turn 20, but we cut off early, so I didn't get to see actual end game scenarios.

Batmed has vanished completely huh? Well, I'm starting to recruit my actual friends to help (I have a few others that I'm going to try and get to help with this)

One of them was really ticked off at how different the creature vs. creature fights was compared to the creature attacking a player, but I don't know whether we should keep things as they are or change it.

Well it seems that batmed has vanished...

Creature vs player is fine i think, just because i dont know how on earth we could do it otherwise......

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to start this with a very basic keyword: Haste is called Rush for our purposes (Since Hearthstone took Charge)

I also have an ability that started out as the concept for a single card, but could be reapplied to other creatures, called Chaotic Change.

Chaotic Change will have a number listed after it, and possibly have which stats it is applied to. Whenever a new creature enters the battlefield, if any cards on the battlefield have this keyword, the stats that Chaotic Change applies to are altered at random, but cannot go above the number listed.

Example card:

Queen of Chaos

Level 5

3/?/5

Chaotic Change 12

In this case, the speed of the card will change each time a new creature enters play, but never goes above 12. The stats that are affected are represented by a question mark, and you determine what it starts with when it itself enters play.

Updated it, and I have another thing that could be done with Chaotic Change

Lair of Chaos

Level 8

Spell/Continuous

All Monsters your opponent control have a Question Mark for Speed, and gain Chaotic Change 3.

Lets just say that when a card gains Chaotic Change, it triggers instantly.

Updated it, and I have another thing that could be done with Chaotic Change

Lair of Chaos

Level 8

Spell/Continuous

All Monsters your opponent control have a Question Mark for Speed, and gain Chaotic Change 3.

Lets just say that when a card gains Chaotic Change, it triggers instantly.

At first i misread and thought it was "you control" and thought why the hell is this level 8? Then i re-read it.....

TBH it couldnt be printed as-is, even if its level 8 it generates MASSIVE Advantage is battle for late game...

Archived