A Look Into YCM's History - A Request of Sorts

goddamnit names are a pain

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know way too much and participated in way too much for my own good, and its crossed my mind to contribute to this thread explicitly so. Some huge things a lot of you have probably forgotten even... so suggestions on where the heck to start? I could talk about what I refer to as "The Summer of Nidoprince and Sh**ing D***tits" but I still get nightmares man.

Oh, man...

Let's see, I've been here 7 years, so..

The night God Kaze got drunk and came on here.

TKill93 epicly banning people.

Anything with DJ Osiris.

The times I changed names of people for fun and chaos.

When YCM switched servers and page designs from the old 2007 version to the kind that 99% of you know. 

When Icy and I were both mods of CC. It was a coin flip on if we'd either bang heads or work together.

Dark.

The rivalry with Summa Crossroads.

ALL THE PONIES.

God, there's so many...I've been here way too long.

I know way too much and participated in way too much for my own good, and its crossed my mind to contribute to this thread explicitly so. Some huge things a lot of you have probably forgotten even... so suggestions on where the heck to start? I could talk about what I refer to as "The Summer of Nidoprince and Sh**ing D***tits" but I still get nightmares man.

Dear God, the things you and I could tell this site.

Oh, man...
Let's see, I've been here 7 years, so..

The night God Kaze got drunk and came on here.
TKill93 epicly banning people.
Anything with DJ Osiris.
The times I changed names of people for fun and chaos.
When YCM switched servers and page designs from the old 2007 version to the kind that 99% of you know. 
When Icy and I were both mods of CC. It was a coin flip on if we'd either bang heads or work together.
Dark.
The rivalry with Summa Crossroads.
ALL THE PONIES.

God, there's so many...I've been here way too long.

@Bold: I remember the first one of those. You and Roxas were openly doing it to people, and Lily and I joined in the back for the clusterfest.

It was fun and games until the very end when someone got upset with it, despite us changing people back when we had our fun.

Thats because the antagonism was collected and respected, and let us do our own things instead of mutually agreeing and doing nothing during the interim.

Exactly. We were respected for knowing our stuff, and we both respected each other for the same reasons. We just had completely different outlooks on card making and the way the forum should be handled. But hey, based off how it looks, we did a good job with it. Some of our fights were hilarious, though.

The problem I see with this idea is that because of the switch over, it's going to be an incomplete history. For example, not all of my names are listed on my profile. Some names from back in 2007 are missing. Stuff like that :x

Is it bad that I dont remember them... like at all? Just that I was constantly annoyed with you.

Heh, man, we fought so much that individual ones are gonna be hard to come up with. I do remember your rage when I was sided with Bloodrun against you :P

@Bold: I remember the first one of those. You and Roxas were openly doing it to people, and Lily and I joined in the back for the clusterfest.

It was fun and games until the very end when someone got upset with it, despite us changing people back when we had our fun.

I feel like that someone was probably me.

I do remember your rage when I was sided with Bloodrun against you :P

F*** him. Only person to ever successfully troll me. Properly mind you not annoy, but maliciously upset without the other person knowing. I don't like to hold grudges but this is one I intend to keep.

@Evilfusion: It wasnt. It was the memberbase and it wasnt any normal mod, it was Sushi who changed his name what seemed like every 8 hours. As you can imagine, being a moderator this was a problem. So it was stopped.

I feel like that someone was probably me.

*singing* 

Party pooper

Party pooper

F*** him. Only person to ever successfully troll me. Properly mind you not annoy, but maliciously upset without the other person knowing. I don't like to hold grudges but this is one I intend to keep.

Bruh, I know it was a bad troll by Bloody, but it's still just a YCM troll. You're never gonna get past that?

Bruh, I know it was a bad troll by Bloody, but it's still just a YCM troll. You're never gonna get past that?

Never. He was my friend, my close and dear friend until he did that. And what, for the petty excuse of "I wanna see how long it takes before Icy breaks"? Yeah. F*** him. Just... f*** him.

Well, then you might be referring to a different instance than the one I remember, where Yankee was doing it for like...2 hours.

Implying I only did it for 2 hours once, lol

Man, YCM was dull and boring for many people around that time. I just figured I'd bring some fun in to it for a bit. Wasn't your cup of tea, but many others enjoyed it. 

Well, then you might be referring to a different instance than the one I remember, where Yankee was doing it for like...2 hours.

It was one of those instances, but I just don't wish to name the member. I know who it was, but they're prone enough to getting themselves on messes enough as-is.

It was one of those instances, but I just don't wish to name the member. I know who it was, but they're prone enough to getting themselves on messes enough as-is.

Dark?

Welche?

J-Max?

Gotta be way more specific there rofl

So many members like that have come and gone.

Though Dark was by far the most fun

Dark?
Welche?
J-Max?
Gotta be way more specific there rofl
So many members like that have come and gone.
Though Dark was by far the most fun

But I don't wanna throw him under the bus ;_;

I'll just say he's prone to not understanding situations and losing control.

Implying I only did it for 2 hours once, lol

Man, YCM was dull and boring for many people around that time. I just figured I'd bring some fun in to it for a bit. Wasn't your cup of tea, but many others enjoyed it. 

*fondly* Yeah...you caught me on a bad day. I seem to recall removing your ability to edit members after that. I have no idea if it worked, or if you ever noticed.

...actually, I'm not even sure I actually did it. But I remember WANTING to do it.

Ugh, and then the time I had to literally dismantle the CC section because your name REFUSED to get off the Mod Team list, even when you weren't a mod anymore. People were either horrified or ecstatic in the meantime.

Are there any memories I have here that don't involve people annoying me in some way? I remember this and...the troll purge. Happiest day ever.

For Norman and your's rampage, wasn't it Striker who whined because Norman messed with his name?

Whoa, seperate occurrence from what Yankee mentioned. Well, 2 extras.

The first time it was koko fucking with him

Second was us doing it while on call with him in good spirits, for the most part.

Are there any memories I have here that don't involve people annoying me in some way? I remember this and...the troll purge. Happiest day ever.

You think your "troll purge" was bad? I removed all traces of it from YCM until I left, that I went on a huge banning spree not 2 months after becoming a moderator. And again not the "haha I'm being annoying"-troll. But the one that seeks to upset you without your knowledge and eggs you on until the ends of the earth. If that culture came back after I left... my sincerest condolences.

You think your "troll purge" was bad? I removed all traces of it from YCM until I left, that I went on a huge banning spree not 2 months after becoming a moderator. And again not the "haha I'm being annoying"-troll. But the one that seeks to upset you without your knowledge and eggs you on until the ends of the earth. If that culture came back after I left... my sincerest condolences.

You win. I don't think we had many of the evil type of trolls.

Archived