A Look Into YCM's History - A Request of Sorts

goddamnit names are a pain

Mage and Ser are the only recent ones I can think of... Brandon to a degree, as well as.

Oh. In that case, I retract my statement. We had 2-3 of those.

And I f***ing hated Mage. He was an almost literal forum cockroach: Was here a long time, multiplied constantly, and was nearly impossible to kill.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think your "troll purge" was bad? I removed all traces of it from YCM until I left, that I went on a huge banning spree not 2 months after becoming a moderator. And again not the "haha I'm being annoying"-troll. But the one that seeks to upset you without your knowledge and eggs you on until the ends of the earth. If that culture came back after I left... my sincerest condolences.

I remember when we used to talk, though that was much more personal than site history given what little cultivated here due to it. You were fun to ask a million questions all the time and bounce ideas of multiple wide spectrums.

You most likely changed me the most from then thanks to those discussions. As I was not a very historical member, I do dedicate a large amount of the person and mind my consciousness encompasses compared to many years to you.

All this talk of Moderating CC back in the day and no mention of when the three of us were at it? :/

I remember well Josh always saying how soft I was and I should grow some balls. Problem is, I am like that in real life so it was projected onto the Forum. I rarely banned anyone (I remember banning Ragnarok after taking away his Post privilages in RC for a time) But yeah... The three of us never did get on that well, we all had our different ways of thinking. No grudges though. I still respect both Josh and Will as a person and they are my friends.

All this talk of Moderating CC back in the day and no mention of when the three of us were at it? :/

I remember well Josh always saying how soft I was and I should grow some balls. Problem is, I am like that in real life so it was projected onto the Forum. I rarely banned anyone (I remember banning Ragnarok after taking away his Post privilages in RC for a time) But yeah... The three of us never did get on that well, we all had our different ways of thinking. No grudges though. I still respect both Josh and Will as a person and they are my friends.

To be fair, any person who got CC modship would end up banning Ragnarok eventually. :P

To be fair, any person who got CC modship would end up banning Ragnarok eventually. :P

lol True. But yeah as I mentioned a while back when I was allowed back on again, my Modship was merely handed to me due to the Pokevolution Project. I was as Green as the hulk back then when it came to anything YCM and Modship XD

lol True. But yeah as I mentioned a while back when I was allowed back on again, my Modship was merely handed to me due to the Pokevolution Project. I was as Green as the hulk back then when it came to anything YCM and Modship XD

Pretty much, lol

Back then, modding CC had as much to do with Card Making skill as it did with leading people and promoting the rules. It's a big reason why all 3 of us (Icy, you, and myself) were promoted. We were basically the best around at that point, and all had shown, at least to some degree, a willingness to lead. However, YCMaker didn't think it over all that well. We didn't mesh much. Of course, maybe he thought of that. I mean, 3 different personalities and ways of making cards, handling people, and relating to rules and people eventually did result in what I consider to be one of the golden times of CC.

At some point, I probably would've dealt with rag; had he still been around nowadays; even if he was keeping CC alive to some extent.

I can't speak for whether Nai would've dealt with him, if he knew who he was and got a taste of his behavior.

Zextra, he's busy (much like I am to some extent), but most likely yes. Might've been a while before it ever happened though.

Then again, I know rag used to PM me a couple of times about Icy and his relationship with him (which wasn't very good if I can recall), and to some extent, on MSN.

Though it stopped after a while.

Mage and Ser are the only recent ones I can think of... Brandon to a degree, as well as.

Brandon and Mage weren't really trolls.  They were mostly fine.  Mage is a toned up version of Byakk and Brandon just got pissed when I got banned.  Ser was the only real troll and he wasnt evil /really/

Pretty much, lol

Back then, modding CC had as much to do with Card Making skill as it did with leading people and promoting the rules. It's a big reason why all 3 of us (Icy, you, and myself) were promoted. We were basically the best around at that point, and all had shown, at least to some degree, a willingness to lead. However, YCMaker didn't think it over all that well. We didn't mesh much. Of course, maybe he thought of that. I mean, 3 different personalities and ways of making cards, handling people, and relating to rules and people eventually did result in what I consider to be one of the golden times of CC.

We had some good times man.... If only things were different as the end result though. Don't regret being a Mod though, it was valuable experience.

At some point, I probably would've dealt with rag; had he still been around nowadays; even if he was keeping CC alive to some extent.

I can't speak for whether Nai would've dealt with him, if he knew who he was and got a taste of his behavior.

Zextra, he's busy (much like I am to some extent), but most likely yes. Might've been a while before it ever happened though.

Then again, I know rag used to PM me a couple of times about Icy and his relationship with him (which wasn't very good if I can recall), and to some extent, on MSN.

Though it stopped after a while.

I love how over time Rag got to be a running joke in the mod forum. 

It wasn't like he was even the best troll we've had. He just seemed to be the most persistent.

We had some good times man.... If only things were different as the end result though. Don't regret being a Mod though, it was valuable experience.

To be fair, being a mod on YCM became a chore after a while. Suddenly, we weren't really coming on YCM for fun anymore. It was a job. One that no matter how much you did, you never got credit and almost nobody was happy with you. I guess that's an experience that can relate to the real world, but still. When you're a teenager, you don't want to be going online to be stressed. You're going on to relieve stress. 

I can't say I regret it though. It felt great to help the section (CC) that I had been a part of for so long, and helped, along with God Kaze, God GAK, Glasstin10, yourself, and Icy helped to raise from a bunch of random cards with "lolthiswouldbeawesome" effects to a place where you could make cards rivaling that of Konami. At least, that's how it was back then. Nowadays...

I don't think that Rag ever intended to be a Troll. He just had the habits of Post Flooding even if his help was sometimes useful. This was before the Advanced Clause as well though. This was the time when "10/10 Great Cards" was acceptable

I won't go so far as to say he wasn't a troll, but I guess I can't say he was trying to be one all the time. I think he was a mini troll that kind of just grew in to the role he made for himself. So it wasn't like he was one intentionally, I guess. He was one to begin with, but over time just became that person. So it was just his personality eventually.

Pretty much, lol

YCMaker had no part in my promotion. James wanted some stress taken away and I was the best qualified at the time. I always saw moderation not as me moderating CC, but doing a favor to a friend. That's why I always had a casual approach to moderation except when the proverbial crap hit the fan... and sadly back then it hit the fan a lot. Sure I had a huge personality to me, but that's who I am. You want the more logical run down reason then you come to me directly; I always offered it in silence and some folks (Koko, Black, etc) got it.

And I'm still by large against detailing it away from the team. Strictly my peers. CC is a very different beast than the rest of the forum. Input only goes so far before experience is required.

I still remember the time I ran the Elite Raters. I was surprised at how "successful" it was, and I was not so surprised by how shitty of a host I was. I honestly have to thank J-Max for cracking the whip on me.

I do kinda miss Hunter, though. The guy was fun to think of as a rival.

You think your "troll purge" was bad? I removed all traces of it from YCM until I left, that I went on a huge banning spree not 2 months after becoming a moderator. And again not the "haha I'm being annoying"-troll. But the one that seeks to upset you without your knowledge and eggs you on until the ends of the earth. If that culture came back after I left... my sincerest condolences.

heyiwasoneofthose.

Anybody remember the pools closed or that cyber sex chat that was spammed everywhere one day. Good times.

Archived