A Look Into YCM's History - A Request of Sorts

goddamnit names are a pain

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was originally debrisd112, I made alot of cards for my own interest. I mostly played on the games and stuff.

Alot of my old friends quit coming on here, so there was nothing to do, after that I went to Deviant Art, which is not a good place to go to "Hang out". I quit going on the internet for a few years and eventually, like 6 months ago, I created cards again and soon got into the forum after awhile. I'm excited to have a fresh start with a new name and new friends.

Right then. If Miror sees this and does not approve of what he reads, I will gladly edit it out. But until then, I'm posting it since it happen in a public area.

I shall start my story off by mentioning that how I met the two was at YCS Dallas. After mentioning that I was going, I found out that Miror and Yankee (Who's real name is Will if anyone cares) were going as well. Number were exchanged and I found out what decks were being ran. I even picked up a few cards for Miror...I'll get to that in a minute.

I showed up at the convention on Friday with my friends (they shall be called C, M, and J for privacy reasons). We were at the convention center for a bit trading and stuff (tournament didn't start until Saturday, Friday was registration) when Miror called me. He was at a restraunt that was about 15 minutes away with a dead battery. He wanted to know if we would drive there, pick him up, take him to the nearest auto zone, then back to his car. He even offered to fill up our gas tank. I told him we were at a quarter of a tank and he said that was fine. So we did a group discussion. The con was that he could me be come crazy cereal killer wanting to add us to his list of victims. The pro was that we would get free gas. ...we decided the pro outweighed the con and got in the vehicle.

As we approached the place, we saw two cars, both had a guy standing next to it. One looked like a short Napolean Dynamite. The other looked like a main character from The Outsiders. Naturally, bets were made on which one was Miror. I made $30.

During our trip to the auto zone and back, one interesting topic came up. What topic was that? Well, we learned of Miror's sexuality. Upon learning such a thing, J immediately turned to him and asked, "Which guy in this vehicle would you sleep with?" After considering the question, Miror answered with C. Now the funny part is J's response. J is currently married as of now (this happened like two years ago) and claims to be fully straight. He's also a full on jock. With a straight face, J goes, "Bullshit! I'm the hottest guy in this car! How could you NOT pick me!" That's when Miror told him he wouldn't sleep with him at all simply because he did not find him atractive whatsoever. xD

After all that went down and Miror shoed up at the convention center, we began our trade. I had picked up two Tunings and a Brionic for his deck. Their total value was $60 at that time. Now, to this day, I have no idea if he just didn't know his values, or was hoping I was a moron. But to sum up how he was attempting to trade, he was valueing a Utopia Ray at $30. Needless to say, the trade did not go down and I instead sold the cards. I didn't see him again after that.

Will showed up Saturday morning. He was not what I expected either. How? Well, think "cool gangster". Black cargo pants, skater shoes, flat bill hat, chains, etc. Honestly? He was a pretty cool guy. He was running Lightsworns and ended up chilling with me and my friends more than his own friends. The best part? Sunday made me respect the guy. As C was filling out a decklist for a side event, his bag was snagged. By the time the bag was located, the deck box was gone. Inside was a complete Inzektor deck, along with a $100 Zenmaines, Ultimate Scrap Dragon...my friends and I max rarity our decks. So a lot of expensive cards went missing. What happened? Well, C was running a very interesting build. Inzektors were still new at that time and he was running Hanzo and Transformation, and contained a few cards where the card art was drawn on. Will, great he was, went with me throughout that WHOLE convention snooping through EVERYONE's cards. If they had pink sleeves or were running Inzektors, we would go up to them and say, "Oh cool! Inzektors! Mind if I take a look at your build?" We would then shift through the deck looking for the unique cards. Sadly, we could not find the deck. And it wasn't because we weren't trying. Will and I were the last ones to give up, and we checked for three hours straight.

As for him being a mod, he was pretty cool. And like I said before, Opal has said multiple times that she has found Yankee and I to be the most attractive. And apparently by looking at our pictures, she can fully understand how the two of us can easily be friends. :P

Sucks so hard that I live in the UK. I would love to meet a lot of my friends here in RL. The only person I know of in the UK is Yin...... But yeah, I am in Essex and I swear there is a couple of Gaming/COmic conventions in London in the near future. Can meet there if you guys want or something ^^

Also. *cough* It seems that even though I was thinking Opal, I typed Cin/Yin. Anywhere you see Cin/Yin in this thread by me, please replace it with Opal. Thank you.

Oh Opal..... Miss her a lot too. I told her to change her name to Opal Fruits once but she kindly declined haha. Good times. 

Oh yeah, for the benefit of some, I'd like to explain the three YCM wars that occurred, namely why.

[spoiler=Organization XIII v Club Pikachu War]

To put it simply, we were freaking bored. This was during the decline of clubs, and Org XIII was losing interest. So I believe it was Zexion who suggested that we go to war with someone. We chose Club Pikachu as it was a very large club, so yeah, declared war. This one didn't do much inevitably because Pikachu was a pacifist. And thus the first YCM war kinda, fell flat on its face.[/spoiler]

That's the one!  I literately joined Club Pikachu just because of the war since it seemed fun to 16-year-old me. 

Anyway, with all this talk of meet ups, the best possible way to do that would be at conventions, although I imagine the chances of any sizeable amount of YCM'ers going to the same one is quite low.  dey are aspensive

It was me who wrote that part Fusion, as it was where Shadow was taking a sample from Black's chocolate factory as it were.

Thanks for the memories...

[spoiler=The YCM War! Glitch's Plot]

Another war people made because they were bored. The idea was headed up by either RP 8.2.0or Absolute Powerforce, I honestly can't remember which. Either way, this one was designed to take the campiness and absurdity up to 11, and also showcased numerous factions; lead by Black, Phantom Roxas, Nexev and El Make. It dwindled and died out pretty damn quick.[/spoiler]

Wow, I'd forgotten all about that.

Damn, that could've been really cool.

Sucks so hard that I live in the UK. I would love to meet a lot of my friends here in RL. The only person I know of in the UK is Yin...... But yeah, I am in Essex and I swear there is a couple of Gaming/COmic conventions in London in the near future. Can meet there if you guys want or something ^^

I'm also from the UK too J-Max, and I might be going to Comic Con in London next month.

Opal was great, I miss her too.

Who doesn't miss Opal?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived