YCM Grand Pokémon Tournament 2

Flash Flyer - Sakura

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this round turned out interesting...Disappointing for me...but also not. The Eeveelutions and Venusaur lost, but Lugia beat Charizard bad, Swampert advanced AND took out Lucario, and Yveltal took out Infernape

Going to be a strange next match having no Eeveelutions to vote for. (Eevee is too bland and to me not as cute for me to want to vote it through against most choices.)

Yeah, Glaceon/Espy (and Leafeon) have the honor of surviving the most rounds out of their kind.

[Sylveon/Vaporeon/Flareon died off in Round 1; Jolteon/Umbreon lost in Round 2, but latter might have gotten through, had the dupe account votes not gone through].

That's two more nominations of mine gone; I still have Latias and Arcanine (as a last ditch nomination, after seeing I had forgotten to remove a single instance of Sceptile while getting matches up) to root for though.

Anyway, I'll set up the first four new matches now; along with a "what if this happened match" (if we didn't count mass newbie votes and Umbreon was the one to take on Mewtwo).

Well guys, we're entering the semifinals.

And for all intents and purposes, it appears to be an oldies battle now.

We have Dragonite representing Kanto; Houndoom/Feraligatr representing Johto and Rayquaza for Hoenn.

[It's a straight 4 Pokémon battle, so 2 1v1s to decide the ones who fight for the championship. And there will be a 3rd place match amongst the losers in R6]

P.S. You can ignore the farewell speech to Latias in 5-2 if you want; basically just happy that she survived up until this point. (If anything, she made it as a quarter-finalist)

• 2 weeks later...

There probably might be one in a month or so; but can't really say much if a Dragon wins again.

But at least it wasn't Flygon, however still a Hoenn Poke.

For comparative reasons, I'll do a list of the top ranking Pokes from each type (and how far they advanced [win/lose]).

If a Poke is dual-Typed, I'll go with the higher placing one (or primary if tied); that way, Pokes don't end up in 2+ categories.

Dragon: Rayquaza / Dragonite [FINAL; 1st/2nd]

Psychic: Latias [R5]

Normal: Eevee [R4]

Fighting: Lucario / Infernape [R3]

Rock: Tyranitar [R2]

Water: Feraligatr [R6; 3rd]

Fire: Arcanine [R5]

Bug: Shuckle [R4]

Fairy: Xerneas / Sylveon [R1]

Poison: Dragalge [R2]

Flying: Yveltal [R5]

Steel: Scizor [R4]

Grass: Venusaur [R3]

Ground: Swampert [R5]

Ice: Glaceon [R3]

Dark: Houndoom [R6]

Electric: Jolteon [R3]

Ghost: Giratina [R3]

As for the formal winners:

1st - Rayquaza

2nd - Dragonite

3rd - Feraligatr

4th - Houndoom

Regional performance [How far did the highest placing Poke(s) of each regions go up to)

1st - Hoenn [R7-C]

2nd - Kanto [R7-R]

3rd - Johto [R6]

4th - Kalos [R5]

5th - Unova [R4]

6th - Sinnoh [R3]

In other words, top placers are from the first half of the generations (should I call them the GB ones, because they existed in Gameboy).

Yveltal is the farthest out of the DS ones [Gen 4-6] at R5.

With this post, I conclude the YCM GPT 2.

You all are free to make the third one on your own accords, if you wish.

Archived