YCM Grand Pokémon Tournament 2

Flash Flyer - Sakura

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dratini and Metang.

And I was just as surprised as you when I didn't see Charizard.

Charizard is pretty overated as a Pokemon imho. Doesn't help that the Pokemon Special with Red was essentially a Advertisement for Mega Evo's with Charizard being the star. Bah Venusaur > Blastoise > Charizard.

Also we have had better looking Dragons over the years including Salamence. (Way more traditional looking then Charizard)

In my defense, my very first pokemon game was the original red version, and that was before I saw the show. My first pokemon was a Charmander that I raised into a Charizard. I traded that pokemon through every new game I got (played everyone single one except HeartGold and SoulSilver) up to Platinum...a game that was stolen from me. ;-;

I have a legit reason as to why Charizard is and always will be my favorite. I also refused to mega evolve my Charizard in Y for essentially the same reason.

Understandable :P The first Pokemon I ever saw was Clefairy (I happened to tune in on the Mt Moon Episode) Fell in love with it immediatly. The first Pokemon game I actually played was Yellow. I heard there was going to be a better game from Red and Blue so waited patiently. My starter was Bulbasaur (Due to its Type Advantage against Brock and Misty) good times... But yeah, sorry if I was a little harsh on Charizard, its just that he gets all the love while poor old Venusaur gets left out.... 

I've gone through hell and back with my Charizard. Ever defeated both Brock and Misty with ONLY your Charmander/Charmeleon on the original red version? I did, and it was a b****. But that was because I didn't know what pokemon they would have (hadn't seent eh show yet) and fire is my favorite type. So I picked the fire starter. Powered through it like a boss.

Added all of the new submissions.

Also changed my vote on Garchomp to Keldeo.

While I do like Charizard, he is somewhat overrated now. Hell, I don't use the Kanto starters as much (well Blastoise/Venusaur); I use Charizard X in the game (would like to get Charizardite Y though). More or less use Blaziken for a Fire-type starter.

(Dratini is a definite now)

Mine are mostly Dragon-Type (or Psychic), given those are my speciality Types. Go Espy and Latias!

@Yin: Mew's getting added [although you either have to retract vote from Dratini or Torterra; presuming the former since it already got nominated by earlier member. As mentioned earlier, given the amount of participants in this thing; there's a very good chance that Dratini will be in the tournament; nominating it again just guarantees that it'll be there, should we have to run matches to determine who stays in tournament (if we definitely go over the 128 mark).

Probably should've clarified the new change a bit further.

I can still work with 118 Pokes, just that 10 of the matches will be triple fights instead of a full 4P battle straight through all 32 battles.

Otherwise, I could just use a randomizer and throw the first 10 new Pokes that haven't been nominated yet [in other words, the RNG god gets his shot; whatever he decides to throw, that's what goes in]

If that happens, here are the 10. Most of them are bound to be crummy + essentially a free pass for your favorites to beat up on.

1. Crobat
  2. Axew
  3. Yanmega
  4. Piloswine
  5. Joltik
  6. Lopunny
  7. Octillery
  8. Glameow
  9. Mantine
  10. Entei

(I remember Entei having its match against Charizard/Espy last time, so it should be a strong contender. Everything else, depends on your preferences)

Archived