Yu-Gi-Oh! Movie Coming In 2015!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My nostalgia side is also excited about this, but I don't think a movie would really cover up all expectations. The 10th anniversary movie barely had time to do quick presentations without showing their world, and then jumped into a duel where only Yusei got to have a second turn. If you think about it, each main character didn't really show off their plays, just pretty much spent their opening hands.

I'm a fan of the franchise, if they had wanted to evade jumping in to another show generation for a little while longer and instead made a mini series or OVAs intertwining all previous shows, I'd watch that. I know some of their decisions up until now have been pretty much arbitrary like Yugi not showing in GX because Jaden is new MC, or Yusei not mentioned in ZeXal because staff didn't know how to handle the use of Synchros on top of what was already being introduced as intended focus, or Jaden leaving to randomly not appear again; but they have material in-universe to insert thanks to that.

If 3 main characters barely gave them any time to show off, now with 5 of them... and I doubt it'll be a 2+ hour movie...

It'd be interesting to see them using Yugi without Millennium Items, without Egyptian Gods, and probably without Dark Magicians too. On top of with the Silent Magician and Silent Swordsman. Or Yusei with no signer power and no Stardust Dragon. Jaden keeps his stuff in the other hand. Yuya will have more content behind him by then as well.

and Yuma will sort of be there, I guess....

Entermates could be using every summon type like DDs (save Rituals) by that time tbh.

Yuma's could be significantly different since his deck doesn't revolve around Utopia (since Astral took it back). It'd be the same archetypes, but they'd be the actual focus beyond random shit that isn't named Gagaga. Zubaba expansion would be neat.

• 3 weeks later...

Unless it's resolving Yugi and Kaiba's personal arcs (Kaiba learning humility like he should've at the end of Duelist Kingdom, and Yugi...learning to stop being so boring to watch...?) and/or building on Arc-V's story in a significant way that isn't easy to ignore (like Bonds Beyond Time,) the movie's guaranteed to suck.

Is it even confirmed that it is going to be a crossover? All I've seen about this everywhere is "Yugi and Kaiba = Main characters", "anniversary of the original manga".

The other generations being mentioned are because "Yu-Gi-Oh! through the years". I haven't seen anything else that says otherwise so far.

I'm personally fine with just watching a solo gen story of old main characters living through whatever it was that happened between DM and GX or in-between other gens if that's to happen in future projects. Arc V doesn't really need to get involved, I'd be amused on how they'd do it if they did, but still.

Unless it's resolving Yugi and Kaiba's personal arcs (Kaiba learning humility like he should've at the end of Duelist Kingdom, and Yugi...learning to stop being so boring to watch...?) and/or building on Arc-V's story in a significant way that isn't easy to ignore (like Bonds Beyond Time,) the movie's guaranteed to suck.

I would be behind such changes for Yugi and Kaiba. We could see Yugi growing into his own person and being able to live his life outside of Atem's shadow with more confidence in himself. And Kaiba can keep his ego in check and pull a Vegeta post-DBZ.

I'm personally fine with just watching a solo gen story of old main characters living through whatever it was that happened between DM and GX or in-between other gens if that's to happen in future projects. Arc V doesn't really need to get involved, I'd be amused on how they'd do it if they did, but still.

Ditto. We know Kaiba went on to form Duel Academy and Yugi remained King of Games, but not much else beyond that. I think it'd be cool to see whatever changes happened to the DM crew afterwards.

[spoiler=Guys I have a puzzle-like theory about inter-series characters]

I think there's a chance that Yugi's post DM plans involve future main characters. 

He met Jaden and Yusei during a time period he still had the puzzle (10th anniversary movie), and during GX he did tail Jaden at the start and finish and really nothing else about him was known.

It is possible that Yugi went into whatever made him get Winged Kuriboh and whatever power he has now, discovered some other issues to take care of, and went on to nurture Jaden's growth once he noticed Jaden existed. He might even have had some influence on Kaiba's plan to create Duel Academy to begin with.

Now during the episode with the duel between Yugi and Jaden I noticed this poster:
2nsyo93.png

This implies that Yugi had just won the gods so it is barely post Battle City's version of Yugi's deck that duels against Jaden. I think Jaden didn't time travel for that duel, but was just in a sort of test/trial/ordeal/thing. That combined with how I've heard the scenarios where Jaden had a few ways to win his duel while Yugi's god would leave by the end of the turn, I'm not so sure anymore that Yugi actually won that. I mean, it sounds like Yugi is doing "I'll test you against my past self, you should overcome at least that much". Which would not contradict Jaden at the end saying he wanted to get stronger (since he didn't go against present Yugi).

If that had been time travel, then Yugi HAD to recognize Jaden either during the anniversary movie or during the last GX duel. He did in neither (and knowing the Yugioh staff it is possible that they just didn't think things through and is just an accident, but I'm trying to be optimistic here).

My hypothesis here is that maybe Yugi could be planning on recruiting Jaden for something eventually. So maybe in the future (someday probably) we could be getting both Yugi and Jaden waiting up to go get Yusei. The creators of 5Ds DID say it is barely 20-25 or so years after DM beginnings, but in another city (because cities don't just recall themselves into "neo" versions because it'd be stupid for anyone to say "we are in the future now so let us do that"... it is probably something like New Mexico is for Mexico A.K.A. different places) which would mean the Zero Reverse incident can be allowed to exist in that timeline without previous main characters being too old.

Yusei finished his momentum experiments and stuff and was still fairly young, and no one knows what else happened besides that with him. This means no main character had a real "and then the status quo continued" ending. That gives room to this needlessly long and convoluted post of mine.

Then again, Jaden could have lost because Yugi is Yugi, and because part of it was that he needed to relax a bit and see that losing isn't the end of the world anymore, and so all this could become pretty useless, but well, still probably fanfic material?

[/spoiler]

Yuma's deck was eight different decks in one. Literally. Zexal is the weakest.

I am happy to see what happened after the original, but I would rather we have a movie based off DT, or something Arc V related. Also, I don't remember the Signers losing the CARDS of their Dragons, just the cards became only cards, not something that housed the spirit of a Dragon.  Plus it wouldn't really be the same if we didn't see Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl, and Kuriboh ONCE.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So the official name for this movie is called

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Darkside of Dimensions

[spoiler=Info]

Kaz is an Executive Producer.

Movie is set 6 months after the manga.
KAIBA is the main focus and made a new duel disk looks like d gazer google glass
Yugi has a new design, with less leather.
Kaiba and Yugi somehow end up Dueling in an Arena IN SPACE???
Movie has new Duel Disks and new characters alongside Yugi and Kaiba.

Bakura's in the movie.

Movie has a new villain.

Source: NAC

CJqk7i7VEAAphDx.jpg

Evil Yusei XD

So the office name for this movie is call

[spoiler spoiler=Info]

KAIBA is the main focus and made a new duel disk looks like d gazer google glass

Bakura's in the movie.

Movie has a new villain.

CJqk2hCUEAABA5u.jpg

My response to post:

*Looks at image*

Since when did Yusei travel back in time to become the next movie villain O.e

*fixes grammar*

So the official name for this movie is called

[spoiler=Info]

KAIBA is the main focus and has made a new duel disk that looks like d gazer google glass

Bakura's in the movie.

Movie has a new villain.

CJqk7i7VEAAphDx.jpg

Evil Yusei XD

That does look like a cool poster

Kaiba is the main focus for this movie? Hmm... this sounds very familiar. Where have I seen this before... within the last year?

... Cardfight Vanguard Legion Mate where Kai was the main focus/lead.

That is the best poster for a movie based on an anime series ever

I mean, holy crap :O

Someone put actual work into the poster.

This is Transformers the Movie poster quality.

I mean, HOLY CRAP :O

I mean, the movie will probably suck, but HOLY CRAP that poster :O

It'd be great if they go sort of a Neon Messiah route and make the duels look like actual fights where the card effects are more shown instead of explained in detail.

Archived