HxH: 108 Stars of Destiny [OOC]

Aix

Skytower people, you will have to follow this old man who is probably faster than all of you through the woods and into the mountains until you reach a small, out of view mountain cabin hidden between trees on a small rocky outlook. The entire path is around ten kilometres which is possible to lose sight of him if you aren't careful. It is also possible to track him, but he will be crossing a few forest and mountain streams which will throw off his trail a bit.

You are otherwise allowed to generate terrain details that do not contradict with the above.

I'd like to move ahead ASAP, so after a few people posted, I will assume the rest of you made it okay and move on.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brick House peeps, first of all, sorry for the crappy quality of my posts.

You're now going to the same place that the Skytower people are going to right now, and you're free to arrive immediately, or to invent details on the way there as long as it didn't contradict the few established things.

Unless Aix said otherwise, that is.

Cecilia has been removed from the running.

Anyway guys, posted. You're going to have a hard time getting past everyone. Do note that some of these people here are probably stronger than you. Many people train for years or their whole lives for the Hunter Exam, and for most people it is not their first time taking it.

Oh, and don't hesitate to talk or interact with other player characters you see, cuz that's like sorta important in an RP.

Alright, I'm back. Sorry for the long delay, everyone, I had to prepare for exams and stuff. Just reach the cabin for now, there will be a brief break before the next Exam starts.

That said, you guys can now choose which Exam to do next. Post here choosing any of the following:

• A ship race. There'll be sea serpents and stuff. Though there are single person boats, most people will go on ships.
  • An egg hunt. Literally. You have to go into a large cave complex and find the eggs of these giant man-eating cave spiders and come back out. You also have the option of taking eggs from someone else.
  • You are trapped in some weird looping dimension and are only told that only half of you can make it out.
  • You have to capture a specific animal in a rainforest alive.

Massive catch up post get. So yeah, Xiu still exists!

Anyway I'm sure to have misread things that happened or whatever so should anyone find anything off with my post and what happened do tell and I'll edit.

I'm not a very creative namer. Jack the Ripper was also known as the Whitechapel Murderer. At any rate, the character, Jack Whitechapel, is meant to be infamous in the underground.

So anyway, you guys should proceed into the dark cave system to first try to find traces of some spider, or maybe wonder and worry about how you'll be able to find your way around in this cave. If you really want, you can find a spider already, although they will be a good distance underground. They can spit webs and mainly use that to trap victims. They also use webs as insulation for their dens. Scary-looking creatures. They use tremorsense and hearing to find their way around and are almost blind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*cough cough, wipes off dust*

Hellooo? Question.

So, after getting the eggs, is there anything in particular we're needed to do, is there another obstacle, or do we just post that we're leaving the cave?

And also in regards to that. If that's the case, I would like if Toyo could make a post with Val, and have her be the one to take us out of the cave since she and Torben are in a group and I don't want to drag her character along for two posts.

Wooooo woooooooork 2gether to get things done
OH yeah, they have a pretty hard hide as well, so you're going to need a substantial hit to kill one. Plus they're going really fast so you're hard pressed to hit it. And the cave system isn't exactly straight.

Well crap. Guess the best thing to do is to run like hell.

Anyone's interested in teaming up to beat the crap out of one?

EDIT: Been thinking, it does actually sound fun to kill one, if it's possible that is. We should probably start seriously talk about this, just for fun.

Wait, that sounds like an oxymoron.

• 2 weeks later...

*brushes dust off OOC*

So, kinda important question. How sturdy are these eggs? As in, would I be able to drop it on the cave floor without damaging it?

Yeah, they should be sturdy enough for that.

Archived