Super Showdown Society (closed)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's one way to get around Normalize.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-461525418

EDIT: it's a long one. I also messed up really bad early on what with letting Lat die for no reason. But once I got in the swing of it, the battle became easy.

Not gonna lie, I cringed at this entire thing.

Simple V-create? Why??

Also, why did he spam Will-O so much? And why would you leave Latias in there the whole time even though volt Switch was obviously ineffective?

...why use Infestation when Dragon Ascent obviously KOs?

Why was he using a greninja, which has no real benefit, with no item?

Why use Entrainment on an Imposter even though that imposter clearly has the same ability? Also, why no Spooky Plate Judgment so that Imposters are easier to take out?

Why use recover at nearly full health?

Is this kid not applying EVs? Because a flamethrower in harsh sunlight against a gengar should deal more than 10%

All in all, many fundamentals of Pokémon were left out.

Challenge Cup 1v1 is garbage, so anything other than that or randoms would be great.

Not gonna lie, I cringed at this entire thing.

Simple V-create? Why??

Also, why did he spam Will-O so much? And why would you leave Latias in there the whole time even though volt Switch was obviously ineffective?

...why use Infestation when Dragon Ascent obviously KOs?

Why was he using a greninja, which has no real benefit, with no item?

Why use Entrainment on an Imposter even though that imposter clearly has the same ability? Also, why no Spooky Plate Judgment so that Imposters are easier to take out?

Why use recover at nearly full health?

Is this kid not applying EVs? Because a flamethrower in harsh sunlight against a gengar should deal more than 10%

All in all, many fundamentals of Pokémon were left out.

Challenge Cup 1v1 is garbage, so anything other than that or fandoms would be great.

I had the wrong ability on it, I was thinking Simple was the reverse stat stages one for some reason. I didn't realize until I used the V-Create. But I made this team together pretty quickly so mistakes were going to be made. That and I hadn't done game in a while.

They from what I gather was trying to stall out my Imposter but........that didn't work out for them in the end.

No idea

Refer to stall but Idon't know, Their Gengar Build had no offense. Just Toxic, Wil-O-Wisp, Entertainment, & a Heal

Cool to see that Soulfire is back.

Anyway I just wondered "Hmm maybe this set is good" and then I realized I love this team so much

[spoiler=Team]

BDXmlbJ.gif

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Spooky Plate

Ability: Prankster

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

Naive Nature

- Spore

- Substitute

- Focus Punch

- Judgment

[spoiler=Explanation]

So with spore, you can get free turns on anything without goggles or magic bounce, while substitute acts as a future protect and lets you guarantee hitting Focus Punch. Spooky Judgment not only imposter-proofs this set but also hits ghost-types that are immune to Focus Punch. It needs Giratina removed to fully function, but other than that, it stops all non-goggles, non-bounce Gengar (which I have never seen before) after a slow switch-in and destroys any Registeels that try to switch in. Not so great against -Ate, Fur Coat, or specially bulky Ghost-Types, which sucks but that's what the team support is for because it's so fun to use.

MqEbraE.gif

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles

Ability: Prankster

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Sassy Nature

IVs: 0 Spe

- U-turn

- Heal Order

- Encore

- Destiny Bond

[spoiler=Explanation]

Imposterproofs MMX and stops most setup plans with Encore. It also kind of stops Primal Don on a soft switch; Using destiny bond sets up a perfectly favorable matchup, because if it kills you then it goes down and if it doesn't kill you then you can use Encore to keep it from plowing through your team and PP stall it or force it out of play. I would advise probably never switching it into ate unless your other teammates are dead, because there are literally 3 other reliable switch-ins to -Ate on the team.

BBSxgqg.gif

Chansey @ Eviolite

Ability: Fur Coat

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD

Relaxed Nature

IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe

- Power Split

- Wish

- Heal Order

- U-turn

[spoiler=Explanation]

Ideally this set would have Metal Burst, but I wanted a Wish passer that wasn't inconsistent at healing. Power Split prevents enemies from keking you too easily and ensures you can take plenty of hits and quickly heal. Wish can be passed to any of your other allies who need some extra health, made easier by slow U-turn. It's a good switch-in against most -Ate users and non-setup attackers, although it's prone to knock off and trick.

4UdcCoJ.gif

Bastiodon @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Sand Stream

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Relaxed Nature

IVs: 0 Spe

- King's Shield

- U-turn

- Heal Order

- Aromatherapy

[spoiler=Explanation]

This is a really weird set that can be super fun if you use it right. King's Shield is used to scout the opponent for Fighting- and Ground-Type attacks, which are deadly against it, even with high defenses. Sand Stream lets him and Diancie get a 1.5x Special Defense boost, which allows him to run a fully physically defensive set. Aroma removes sleeps caused by obnoxious spore spammers while Heal Order keeps its HP up and U-turn lets you slow pivot for a good matchup. Sand Stream also kills Shedinja that pester the team.

MP5vWU5.gif

Diancie-Mega @ Assault Vest

Ability: Pixilate

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

Lonely Nature

- Fake Out

- Extreme Speed

- Boomburst

- Magma Storm

[spoiler=Explanation]

Yeah yeah standard ate whatever skip this one. But is it?? Vest in sandstorm gives Diancie 2.25x Special Defense, and does not hinder its move choices outside of King's Shield. Full Attack and Special Attack investment let it hit extra hard in place of a boosting item, and its bonus Special bulk in sandstorm lets it tank non-super effective hits and revenge kill with powerful -Ate Boomburst. Most people usually anticipate Fake Out/Extreme Speed on the switch in, so if you play mind games and use Boomburst when they switch, you'll give them a surprise.

The best part of this thing is that it can remove Giratina.

9yncKQq.gif

Groudon @ Red Orb

Ability: Download

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

Adamant Nature

- Synthesis

- Shift Gear

- Sacred Fire

- Thousand Arrows

[spoiler=Explanation]

Primal Groudon is a monster most of the time. It demolishes Steel-Types and gets Giratina removal thanks to Diancie. Furthermore, it outs Knock Off and Trick so that Chansey doesn't fail to function. Its greatest weakness is Chansey, which some teams don't run period, letting it ravage anything that doesn't resist it. Synthesis restores 75% of its health and Thousand Arrows hits flying-types hard, while it can even stay in on Pixilate DIancie, even those with Earthquake. Be careful about using it early game when there is a Chansey present, otherwise go crazy.

Basically, the defensive core of Aegislash/Chansey/Bastiodon is nice because Aegislash stops Fighting-Type moves for Chansey and Bastiodon, Chansey takes Ground- and Ghost-Type moves for Aegislash and Bastiodon, and Bastiodon stops Shedinja and Rayquaza for the offensive parts of the team. Meanwhile, MMX takes out attackers with no priority like Mega Gengar for Primal Groudon, Groudon takes out Steel-Types for Diancie, and Diancie takes out Pokemon like Rayquaza and some Kyurem for MMX.

If it suits you, you can make Diancie the standard -Ate set to outspeed more things and be more offensive, or you can make Primal Groudon less prone to Imposter.

Watch out for Audino and Venusaur, who are both put in their place by Primal Groudon but can be played skillfully enough to avoid being KOed.

It's definitely not a team you should be using in 1600+, especially considering I just made it today, but it's very fun to use against people who are not prepared for it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-472285010

Here's an example

I got 19 wins in a row with it after making a few changes, so I totally recommend it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-469404603

Faytl: First the lead was risky but it did pay off for sure. Points for that one. And since it had U-Turn actually not that risky.
Golem switch was smart too, despite the risk, due to knowing it could take Lapras and maybe get WP I assume off.
Dusclops actually loses to Monferno so that was a bad play overall, given it was special but it's not common so it's passable.
You did well with that Ninjask, played it the way you should have.  and learned from the lack of Crunch last time.
U-Turn was a good move to get Dusclops in safely.
The main flaw was nothing to handle Furfrou but that was more a plus on my part. Granted you probably should have saved Ursaring to handle it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-472362418

Button: You took a bit too long to realize the one thing you had for Lapras. Granted you didn't know it didn't have an ice move however that was a risk that had to be taken because if Lapras had Ice then you'd have lost anyway.
The moves you used against Furfrou were smart but....unless you had Heal Bell it was a bad move to switch into Audino cause you saw Toxic. And if you did have it should have used it.
Switching into Gourgeist on the V-Wave instead of Elgyem probably a bad choice, as well. LO hits were your best way to take out Monferno.
The main flaw at the end was that Maro was a lot more expendable than Elgyem at that point in the game.

Overall I have to give it to Faytl. gg to both though.

If you have reason to think otherwise say so otherwise....

http://challonge.com/8wi92xs1

Azure vs Faytl in the finals.
Reminder that if Faytl wins you need one more match to decide. But you can choose if you battle right away or switch teams or w/e.

Archived