Super Showdown Society (closed)

For the first. It was a no loss play for me. RH would do damage if you went for two of your moves, and I could just Rest to recover if needed. So I figured if you switched good. Mostly I was trying to get you either two switch or to be sure you'd go for EQ each time before switching to Rotom

For the second. I knew you'd attack at least once and I'd be able to get in Lapras and at that point setting up a Sub basically meant "Even if he switches I do damage to something or set up."

Did you expect me to not switch at all though is the question.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether he expected it or not, you choosing not to switch was just an objectively bad move.

Never said it was a good one. Anyone would know that. :) In fact, any sane person wanting to win would have switched out at any point. If not at the very worst when Scarf was Tricked.

For the first. It was a no loss play for me. RH would do damage if you went for two of your moves, and I could just Rest to recover if needed. So I figured if you switched good. Mostly I was trying to get you either two switch or to be sure you'd go for EQ each time before switching to Rotom

For the second. I knew you'd attack at least once and I'd be able to get in Lapras and at that point setting up a Sub basically meant "Even if he switches I do damage to something or set up."

My point is mostly at any point (particularly once you started pumping up Lapras) did you think I wasn't trying to win but instead lose?

Never said it was a good one. Anyone would know that. :) In fact, any sane person wanting to win would have switched out at any point. If not at the very worst when Scarf was Tricked.

My point is mostly at any point (particularly once you started pumping up Lapras) did you think I wasn't trying to win but instead lose?

At what point did you give up?

At what point did you give up?

I never gave up at all. I lost on purpose. Cause I find that fun. :) I actually meant to type the "I'm going to get wreck" comment before the game started but forgot. Still posted it though. If I don't ever switch out or instead tell someone what to best use to stop me that's a very good indication I'm either barely trying or not trying at all.

I never gave up at all. I lost on purpose. Cause I find that fun. :) I actually meant to type the "I'm going to get wreck" comment before the game started but forgot. Still posted it though. If I don't ever switch out or instead tell someone what to best use to stop me that's a very good indication I'm either barely trying or not trying at all.

Don't do that in another tournament if you can help it please.

Mmmkay.

Easy kid forfeits to shedinja, it's hilarious.

[spoiler=our conversation (ycmaker is me)]

YCMaker: lmao

RUUD 95: funk you
YCMaker: why lol
YCMaker: you should have prepared for shedinja
RUUD 95: 'why lol'
YCMaker: "why lol"
RUUD 95: he sucks
YCMaker: >he sucks
YCMaker: you're joking right
YCMaker: if he sucks then how did he single handedly make you forfeit
RUUD 95: this is my worst team
YCMaker: ok
YCMaker: rematch me
RUUD 95: I destroy you easily
YCMaker: Yeah
YCMaker: let's go
RUUD 95: #1 AG and LC
RUUD 95: try it dumbass

and then he logs off

these are real people guys

In case anyone ever fancied tryharding OU and needed a team this is the best team I have ever played. It was made by some top player on smogon and has been used all over the ladder and in tournaments and it's amazing. At the moment I've won 37 games in a row without losing once and I've barely even come close to losing. This is largely a testament to how bad the ladder is, but it sure is a good team.

[spoiler=Import]

Azelf @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Levitate  
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Taunt  
- Skill Swap  
- Explosion  

Pinsir @ Pinsirite  
Ability: Hyper Cutter  
Happiness: 0  
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Frustration  
- Close Combat  
- Quick Attack  

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Mold Breaker  
Adamant Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Iron Head  
- Rock Slide  
- Rapid Spin  

Talonflame @ Choice Band  
Ability: Gale Wings  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Brave Bird  
- Flare Blitz  
- Steel Wing  
- U-turn  

Manaphy @ Leftovers  
Ability: Hydration  
EVs: 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Tail Glow  
- Surf  
- Ice Beam  
- Energy Ball  

Dragonite (F) @ Weakness Policy  
Ability: Multiscale  
Adamant Nature  
- Dragon Dance  
- Dragon Claw  
- Earthquake  
- Extreme Speed  

also 
43126ac8176142bc90770d9d61a3f108.png

In case anyone ever fancied tryharding OU and needed a team this is the best team I have ever played. It was made by some top player on smogon and has been used all over the ladder and in tournaments and it's amazing. At the moment I've won 37 games in a row without losing once and I've barely even come close to losing. This is largely a testament to how bad the ladder is, but it sure is a good team.

[spoiler=Import]

Azelf @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Levitate  
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Taunt  
- Skill Swap  
- Explosion  

Pinsir @ Pinsirite  
Ability: Hyper Cutter  
Happiness: 0  
Adamant Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Frustration  
- Close Combat  
- Quick Attack  

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Mold Breaker  
Adamant Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Iron Head  
- Rock Slide  
- Rapid Spin  

Talonflame @ Choice Band  
Ability: Gale Wings  
Adamant Nature  
- Brave Bird  
- Flare Blitz  
- Steel Wing  
- U-turn  

Manaphy @ Leftovers  
Ability: Hydration  
EVs: 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Tail Glow  
- Surf  
- Ice Beam  
- Energy Ball  

Dragonite (F) @ Weakness Policy  
Ability: Multiscale  
Adamant Nature  
- Dragon Dance  
- Dragon Claw  
- Earthquake  
- Extreme Speed  

also 
43126ac8176142bc90770d9d61a3f108.png

Damn, that's some serious aggression. Makes sense tbh especially lower ladder.

Meanwhile I think I'm at 1442 cause I sucked hard during one of my ladder sessions.

I see you sneaking in some NU matches.

Yeah, birdspam's especially good at punishing low ladder because so many people teambuild poorly and don't run enough (or in some cases any) flying resists, and often when they do they're shitty ones like Magnezone which you have coverage for. Manaphy is also incredible at covering flying resists, it covers Heatran, Rotom-W and Lando-T extremely well, that was an inspired addition by the guy who built this.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-441703770

Jesus. Did NOT think I was going to win that one. Little Cup can be a wild ride sometimes.

EDIT: An inclusion from the draft league I belong to. This match was against the guy who put the league together, and I'm very proud of how it ended, what with him having a good team and being a very competent battler.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-442277785

I wonder how broken Mega Garchomp would be if it had gotten Sand Rush instead of Sand Force.

Thoughts?

It would be twice as good, I think.

That attack stat is ban worthy. It's only held back by its mediocre speed and being prone to fast ice-type attacks. Sand rush from hippo or smth,,, damn good thing there's no permanent weather

For real though, 170 is amazing. Be glad it doesn't get Thousand Arrows and Shift Gear like in Balanced Hackmons.

The attack stat on Mega-Garchomp isn't even that good, it's actually weaker than Life Orb Excadrill, just bulkier and with the ability to use Fire Blast too. It'd be amazing but only because everything with sand rush is amazing - people were using Stoutland last gen after Excadrill was banned. 

Archived