Contest - 約束の流星群 [Finished]

-Noel-

I'm in...

[Spoiler=Shooting Star Boy]

Nzxn77Z.jpg

The pic is of Naota and it is a kind of ref in the name...  but it was because I lacked pics. This card is for dedicated Sync Builds... It helps set up play but is kind of slow... I don't expect it to win. This was just cuz I was bored... I gave the thought of being able to adopt levels from other monsters so I gave the switch eff. It searches out Tuners to use... its any tuner in general so if you ns any non tuner you can search out quick draw pretty good. That is all I can think of. OCG is slightly off but I leave you to grade... peace...

[/Spoiler]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aq2CPMA.jpg

Lore: 1 lvl 4 or lower tuner + 1 "Astronomers Disciple" + 1 or more Dark non-tuner monsters.
On the turn that this monster was Synchro Summoned you may normal summon 1 lvl 6 or lower "Astronomers" monster from your hand and destroy one of your opponents face down Spell/Trap Cards. Once per turn you may banish any monsters with "Astronomers" or "Celestial Beast" names and increase this monster ATK by 200, if you do this monster cannot attack your opponents LP directly.

cwa0gbz.jpg

2 Level 6 FIRE monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a Rank 4 or 5 FIRE Xyz Monster you control that has no Xyz Materials as the Xyz Material. If you do, its effect cannot be activated this turn. When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card, then target 2 cards on the field; attach them to this card as Xyz Materials.

[spoiler='絆星の軌跡']jnkQvKI.png[/spoiler]

絆星の軌跡
Bounded Star Trajectory
Quick-Play Spell
Choose 1 Level 7 or higher Synchro Monster you control; banish it until your next Standby Phase, then reveal 1 Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck whose Level is less than or equal to the Level of the banished monster and has the same Type, but a different name. Immediately after this card resolves, Synchro Summon the revealed monster, using Synchro Materials from your hand, Deck, or Extra Deck. You can only use 1 "Bounded Star Trajectory" per turn.

Design notes:

In typical 大丈夫か?! style, a card usable by 不動遊星 himself. I envisioned it being used perhaps when he has someone else's Signer Dragon (シンクロ召喚!友人の魂、《レッド・デーモンズ・ドラゴン》!), but it's equally effective for when he's turning Junk Destroyer into Road Warrior, any other Warrior into Junk Warrior, and so on ... the possibilities are endless. It has a lot of uses, with possibly the most egregious one being drawing 6 cards off 3 Tuningware 3 Darksea Rescue, but this is probably okay given that a deck that runs all six of those is not very consistent in the first place and it's only the first time you do it (fist-shake at De-Synchro). Cool combo, but individual card quality doesn't exactly stand up. Besides that abusive case, it's also pretty good at nuking the field (any Dragon -> Black Rose) and just randomly pushing for game.

The 軌跡 may also be interpreted as 奇跡 in the name, and indeed that's what I had it as first, but I thought this name would be cuter since the implication isn't as obvious / extant the other way around. 絆 specifically used for its hot-blooded animu meaning (私たちの絆, etc), otherwise there's better ways to express what I wanted to : x

Clarification notes:

• Since the monster is banished then checked for Level / name / Type, no randomly modulating those with effects because they'll wear off in the banished zone.
  • Monsters on the field cannot be used as Synchro Materials. Monsters that are sent from hand / Deck / Extra are counted as Synchro Materials and sent to the Graveyard, but not sent there by a card effect.
  • The appropriate Synchro Materials must still be used for the Synchro Summon. No cheating in Beelze with a non-DARK Tuner, for example, and you must still use a Genex Tuner to summon Locomotion R-Genex.

That's about it. It's not too complicated to understand, I hope. (I actually wanted to make a card related to constellational research as soon as I saw the first post, but that ended up closer to the design space of Stargazer's Dome than I was comfortable with, so it was scrapped.)

EDIT: Minor wording rearrangement/fix.

I'll join in too!  Mine is anime-based.

nRkM38U.jpg

Target a monster on the field.  It becomes level/rank 12.  The monster gains 200 ATK x the difference between its original level and its new level.  It also loses 200 DEF x the difference between its original level and its new level.  Destroy it during the End Phase.

yBw15Wf.jpg

To be honest, I lost my trail of thought making this card. 

The flavor went with something about how stars are "able to determine" the future, which kind of explains its excavation effect.
As for the no banishment, it was on the subject of universal balance and how one has to keep things "in their place".

As for usage, it can fit into anything with Rank 4 or Synchro decks that make use of Field/Continuous Spells while potentially giving the player a Spell Card.

x5gxCSZ.jpg

You can only Special Summon 1 "Starangifer" per turn. If your opponent controls a face-down monster: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand), then you can flip that monster face-up. The effects of that monster cannot be activated in response to this effect. If this Special Summoned card is sent to the Graveyard by your opponent (by battle or card effect), destroy that monster.

Here's the entry.

Rangifer is, in addition to the scientific name for Reindeers, an old constellation.

He54Y9A.jpg

If a monster you control is Tributed: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. This card's ATK is equal to its Level x 400. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can tribute 1 monster, except this card, from your hand or your side of the field; increase this card's Level by the Level/Rank of the Tributed monster -4.

Hope i can join.

i'll join, here's my entry

LhqY5Bc.jpg

Lore:

[spoiler='Lore']If this card is Special Summoned: Place 1 Counter on this card. If this card is Normal Summoned: Place 3 Counters on this card.If this card battles, at the End of Damage Step: Remove 1 Counter from this card, if you cannot destroy this card. Once per turn,If a Counter is removed from 1 "B.E.S" monster or "Big Core": You can Target 1 card on the field; Destroy it. You must control this face-up card to activate and to resolve this effect. You can only activate this effect of "B.E.S Golden Lunar Core" Once per turn.[/spoiler]

I think I'll give it a go.

[spoiler=Entry]

SyIOTqP.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. If this card is used to activate the effect of another LIGHT monster banish it, also your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to that effect's activation. You can only one of the following effects of "Virgo, Observational Astronomer" once per turn, and only once that turn.
* During your Main Phase if this card is in your hand: You can target 1 LIGHT Xyz monster you control; attach this card to that target as Xyz material.
* During your Standby Phase, if this card is banished: You can Special Summon this banished card, but you cannot Summon other monsters this turn, except LIGHT monsters. You must control no cards to activate and resolve this effect.
[/spoiler]

Lets do this, if I may.

[spoiler=Starlight Veil]

BslPis8.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]

Once per turn: you can activate one of the following effects, depending on the Level(s) of the monster(s) you control:
@1-4: You can Normal Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set.
@5-6: Add 1 monster from your Graveyard to your Hand.
@7+: Your opponent cannot target monsters with a Level you control with card effects this turn.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

hmm, let see if I can finish this before lunch.

[spoiler="Grading"]

Sorted by submitting order

[spoiler="Jinx_"]

B/D: 11 (It seems to have not so much problem in term of balance, maybe even underwhelming. However, when talking about design, a card that let you OTK with a card like Nightmare Archfiends is not cool.)
C: 13
O: 1 (and I thought I've offered such choice to prevent this...)
T: 5
Total: 30
[spoiler="OCG"]

If your opponent controls more monsters than you do, you can Normal Summon this card for 1 less Tribute. When this card is Normal Summoned: You may can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; reduce its Level and the Levels of all monsters you control (min. 2) by up to 7. If a monster's Level would be reduced to 0 by this effect, its controller takes damage equal to it's its original ATK.

There're just too many errors for me to give full reasoning to all of them, you can ask if you really curious though. For now I'll provide some.

- "You can Tribute Summon this card" usually followed by "by" (if PSCT'd) as seen in Mega Monarchs, if it was to reduce the Tribute requirement it always go with Normal Summon (let see, Qlis). As for "for 1 less Tribute" instead of "with 1 less Tribute", I suggest you to look at Hazy Pillar than Geartown which hasn't been PSCT'd yet. (and even you want to argue, you still -1 from that part, more precisely from using "one" instead of "1".)
- When you say "targeted monster", you have to target it beforehand.
- Monster's Level cannot become 0 (1 at min), so wording "become" is just not possible.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="DivineDragonKnight"]

B/D: 19

C: 9
O: 8 ("
until the end of this turn" only used for effects, not conditions. It's "for the rest of this turn" here, also typical capitalization errors.)

Total: 41

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Have a Lovely Day"]

B/D: 8 (a Generic R4 that pretty much set everything up for Tellarknight loop on its own as a non-hard OPT is a bit much, not to mention its decent stat which shouldn't be on monster with such powerful effects like this.)

C: 12

O: 1

Total: 26

[spoiler="OCG"]

During your Main Phase, while this card has Xyz Materialyou can Normal Summon 1 additional "Tellar" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; add 1 "Tellar" monster from your Deck to your hand. If you do, then send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard.

- About first effect, During MP clause is mandatory, additional is just redundant and the last restriction is also mandatory, unless you want 1 score back here but -5 to balance.

- the last part could be either that fixed one or ". If you do: You can send...", regardless it's still -1 since you use both.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Gadjiltron"]

B/D: 20

C: 15

O: 9 (The last part is not quite clear imo. It should be either "You cannot activate other Spell Cards during the turn you activated a Spell Card this way." or "If you activated a Spell Card this way, you cannot activate other Spell Cards for the rest of this turn." Either way still resulted in -1 though.)

T: 6 (Nicely done on flavor (展望台 <3) so that I think it deserve more score than others!).

Total: 50

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="yugiohcreator876"]

B/D: 3 (Ironically, it has Balance in its name, yet it's the first entry I actually gave 0 on Balance part (3 from design should make this look not so ugly, but still...) Srsly, how come you think a 2.9+ beater with 1 Tribute (heck, not to mention Valhalla support) that let you OPT Foolish stuffs like Wyvern/Wulf and even has the copy of Jewel effect could be a card?

C: 3

O: 8 (just use semi-colon instead of to have, also typical ": You can" instead of ", you can".)

Total: 19

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="UnendingEmpire"]

B/D: 19

O: 8 (Once per duel cannot be used in the same form as Once per turn, it should have that once per duel clause after the effects, also typical ": You can" instead of ", you can".)

Total: 47

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Voltex - Injustice"]

B/D: 15 (Sure I like the flavor, but it's pretty auto-win against more decks than Ophion on a generic R8. No searching a S/T immunity, half dmg and self-killing might make up for that, but that 2 turns still pretty harsh for many decks)

O: 10 (Finally!!)

Total: 45

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Judas"]

B/D: 14 (since Plants are also good at spamming low level monsters, I'm a bit iffy about how it make high Lv. Synchro easier a lot by raising Lv. up to 3 from the Grave without hard OPT clause. (say, you only control a Token from Dandy (or maybe some other non-Tuner Plant) and a Bulb or Spore, but with just 2 of this in Grave you can make anything from Formula to Hot Red, and if 3, Leo, Eater and heck even Ultimaya is possible if 1 of them has 2 or higher original Level.))

C: 15 (You won't get full of this for effects alone, but the way you pulled that entry in the star-related contest is unquestionably creative)

O: 9

Total: 43

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Mister Morgue 4 Life"]

B/D: 17

O: 3 (-1 for not posting lore btw)

Total: 40

[spoiler="OCG"]

This card Cannot be Summoned. When you Normal Summon a monster: You can discard this card; add 1 Tuner monster from your Deck to your hand. During your Main Phase: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 2 monsters with Levels on the field; switch their Levels.

- the fixes are quite self-explanatory here, also when you targeting monsters, the "with Levels" part is not needed as the effect specifically have something to do with Level unlike cards like Dragonecro, but I think that's not officially wrong.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Konami-yami"]

B/D: 0 (Welp, seeing how the PM about Disciple was never replied and that your last online time was almost a week ago, that's a given.)

C: 11

O: 0 (ask if you curious)

Total: 16

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Kamiki Sekai"]

B/D: 12 (push Hazy maybe a tier up and give them OTK potential? I personally have not so much problem with balance (9/10) since there's that specific Xyz requirement, but in term of design this is just scream no. 101 way of removal is arguably the best way for non-floater (that float whenever they reach grave no matter how; El Shaddolls, BAs, 18, etc.) since it even ignore Zero/Quasar's floating and yet you doubled it and wider its target range? Also alternative Summoning is quite pointless. The appropriate Xyz are only Chain and 61, with the first one almost has 0 chance to use the 2nd material and the latter has Gaia Dragon anyway, oh and BK will never bothered.

C: 14

O: 10

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Cirrus"]

That design note actually stunned me for a while and took sometime for me to read without googling. Welp at least it's good when I'm aiming for another N, thx:)

B/D: 15 (Sure the flavor is cool, but I think it does a bit much. Actually, you listed the most devastative combo yourself (Any Dragon > Black Rose, and get that Dragon back during your next turn.) and even not consider that, it's still a target dodging card that let you setup your Graveyard (hence why Shaddoll Fusion was so powerful) while bringing another Synchro in and eventually get back the banished one during your next SP.)

O: 9 (Choose > Target)

Total: 44

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Tinkerer"]

B/D: 17 (While this thing look like a underwhelming ATK boost card that don't let you cheat by Synchro/Xyz the affected monster later cuz its now huge Level, it's actually a decent disruptive card if use on opponent's monster at the right time.)

O: 6 (mostly typical errors; capitalization, colon/semi and such)

Total: 42

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Nobility"]

B/D: 12 (I know NK Brother existed, but it's not like you have to follow Konami's evilish footstep by make something that could effortlessly stall Midrash or Armades like this. Also not being biased cuz my favorite RL deck or anything, but Floodgate is Floodgate and it's just get worse on the 2.4k Lv.4 wall. Its spamability and that last effect is cool and potent, and could get you higher score if not for its high-stat Floodgate nature

O: 9 (no more than 1 colon and 1 semi-colon is needed for a single effect unless it's ". If you do:", but it's still not the case for excavate.)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="2D Sage"]

B/D: 20

O: 8 (Targeting the Set monster is required, or at least "flip 1 of those face-down" in case you want a non-target. Also the floating's wording could be better.)

Total: 48

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Silenth"]

B/D: 11 (OPT Tribute as quick effect in Hieratic make this seems abusable, and on top of that you could Summon multiple of this with ease in said deck, lead to more spam that the deck already well-versed. Have I mentioned Pleiades?)

O: 9

Total: 39

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="lightdiversion"]

First saucer card, yea :)

B/D: 18 (seems like it's more powerful than all existed B.E.S./core, but with the current metagame, that's acceptable. The counter on both type of Summoning is quite neat. The only reason that stole 2 scores from you was the lack of battle protection which, both in term of playability and flavor, crucial.

O: 7 (Full of capitalization errors...)

Total: 42

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Aquatic Ether Zerpant"]

B/D: 8 (Searchable OPT Double Summon, period.)

O: 6 (see some card above that I fixed the additional N/S, you also need that clause, "1" instead of "one", etc etc.)

Total: 31

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

...2PM here

You guys have time for questions until 24 hours after JamesMuddy posted his grading.

OCG contention: choose is intentional. It does not target but still fizzles if you can't banish. Please see post-PSCT Creature Swap.

Yeah I knew OP concerns would come up (though I like the element of consideration it adds to building your Extra Deck, and it's still oddly specific regardless). OH WELL IT'S OK.

OCG contention: choose is intentional. It does not target but still fizzles if you can't banish. Please see post-PSCT Creature Swap.

in that case it have to be done at the effect resolution, in other words after semi-colon (or in your case, no semi-colon is needed at all). Basically;

Choose...;Banish 1 Level 7 or higher...

The ruling still unchanged with that wording, since if your opponent chain a removal while you control only 1 appropriate Synchro Monster for this card, it will resolve without effects, or by your word fizzles.

Edit: Creature Swap still use non-PSCT wording, mind you.
Edit2: nvm this, f*ck YGOpro

So after some re-consideration, I finally remembered what my design intent was. Re-contention of OCG.

Is it mandatory to have a non-targeting effect choose targets at effect resolution? Because I think I wanted a card that forced choosing a card on activation but didn't target, so that any (potential?) cards that didn't allow targeting would be able to be used regardless.

Well, I wouldn't say it is mandatory, but from what I know there's none of existed card that has such awkward effects like "choosing card while not targeting it at activation". In addition, it make almost no different from choosing at resolution unless you control 2 or more Synchro Monsters and wanna have some mind games while giving an opponent some chance to completely counter this without you capable of banishing another one when they chain removal, but I think to create new order of effects solely for that purpose seems to be... unneeded.

Yes, that's exactly it. I'd think whether it was needed or not is mostly opinion, though. The purpose of the design was to have an effect that didn't technically target but had the functional counterplay options for targeted effects; so if a hypothetical Synchro Monster had an effect like "This card cannot be targeted by card effects" or some such, you would still be able to use it on that, but otherwise it's functionally the same as targeting.

In fact, a prior iteration of the card had Target over Choose, but I changed it with that possible edge case in mind.

This is my first time judging a contest so excuse me if I'm harsh/ don't judge very well. Also, a lot of this was written late at night.

[spoiler=Jinx]
Balance/Design = 5. Slightly gimmicky and it has an abusable effect. A little too easy to Summon. It also stops Synchro and Xyz too.
Creativity = 13. The effect and the name fit together together well, but nothing too special.
OCG = 2. Made lots of mistakes on this one.
Theme = 5. Fitted the theme very well.

Total = 30
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=DivineDragonKnight]
Balance/Design = 14. This card doesn't have any drawbacks, except only being able to Xyz Summon Lights. This card Can help Satellars with Xyz and could easily make lots of Xyz consistent.
Creativity = 13. It makes sense, but it but it's nothing too special.
OCG = 9. Capital D in Deck.
Theme = 5. It fits.

Total = 41
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Have a Lovely Day]
Balance/Design = 9. My problem with this card is that it insanely supports two archetypes. And on top of that, it's generic and easy to get out.
Creativity = 10. Long name is long. Also the art doesn't fit Satellars or Constellars.
OCG = 7. Can instead of may. Also, you are missing a couple of commas and colons here and there.
Theme = 5.

Total = 31
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Gadjitron]
Balance/Design = 15. Get rid of the card you don't like and get a new one. I personally dislike the ability to activate Spells from your Deck, but the one spell per turn balances it out.
Creativity = 15. Name fits the image and effect.
OCG = 10. Nothing else to say.
Theme = 5. Fits it well.

Total = 45
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Yugiohcreator876]
Balance/Design = 5. It's stats are a little too high for a Level 6 effect monster. It is also an OTP Foolish Burial that can stop itself from being destroyed.
Creativity = 10. It works.
OCG = 8. Missing a colon at the start, and instead of writing "to have this card gain 300 ATK", you should just write "This card gains 300 ATK."
Theme = 5.

Total = 28
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=UnendingEmpire]
Balance/Design = 17. I like both of its effects a lot. The OPD effect is useful for simple comebacks and the banish effect is quite good too. Only problem is you could banish Vega & Altair then gain off of both of them when they are Summoned.
Creativity = 10. Quite creative, but the art and name don't really fit Satellars or Constellars.
OCG = 10, as far as I can tell.
Theme = 5.

Total = 42
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Voltex]
Balance = 10. I've never like nuking cards, they cause too many shenanigans. Also, halving battle damage won't be an issue for you if you're attacking directly with this guy. Locking the Extra Deck is always a bad move, even for 2 turns, but this guy has no immunities, so it isn't that bad. Rank 8s aren't even that hard to make (Gagagas, Gimmick Puppets, Photons, etc.).
Creativity = 15. I really like the whole nuke idea with the supernova.
OCG = 10.
Theme = 5.

Total = 40.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Judas]
Balance/Design = 17. It's a generic level 3 tuner monster. Nice for getting out something like Black Rose or another Synchro that supports Plants. The Graveyard effect is also very nice. It is pretty balanced, but Plants are only really know for spamming Synchros, so this card could potentially be dangerous.
Creativity = 12. The name is very odd, but it makes sense.
OCG = 10. As far as I can tell, it's perfect.
Theme = 5.

Total = 47.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Your Hair is a Kuriboh!]
Balance/Design = 19. Being able to add ANY Tuner to your hand could potentially be bad, but I'm pretty sure there aren't many Level 5 or higher Tuners, so Level 4 or lower wouldn't really matter. Level swapping effect is fine.
Creativity = 10. Nothing really special about it.
OCG = 9. Missing 2 capital letters.
Theme = 5.

Total = 43.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Konami-yami]
Balance/Design = 0. This card is clearly unbalanced. It is hard to get out (requiring 3 monsters for a Level 9, one of which is specific), then, after it is Summoned you can Normal Summon a Level 6 or lower monster from your hand (Is this an extra NS? I can't tell) and destroy a spell/ trap. Where do you banish monsters from for the 2nd effect? The 2nd effect is pretty underpowered anyway. Apparently Celestial Beasts aren't real monsters either.
Creativity = 2. Make a Dragon with a long name and a complicated effect. Done!
OCG = 0. Can instead of May. Missing a lot of capital letters. No need to write LP in the last effect, and many other things. I can't properly tell what some things do due to the wording.
Theme = 2. Missing any references to stars, but it does involve astronomers and celestial beasts.

Total = 4.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Khanate]
Balance/Design = 17. The idea of making Hazy Flames useful again really appeals to me, and because there aren't as many Level 6 FIRE monsters. The effect is pretty balanced ,except that it can even attach Pendulums and find spells as Xyz Materials, which can easily shut down your opponent's plays.
Creativity = 15. Very creative.
OCG = 8. There was no need to put the "If you do, its effect cannot be activated this turn." unless you're using RUM to Xyz Summon this, because the Rank 4/5 monster attached to this card has no Xyz Materials. Correct me if I am wrong here.
Theme = 5.

Total = 45.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Citrus]
Design/Balance = 5. This card is very powerful. Banish a Synchro monster until your next turn, then Synchro Summon another one using cards from your Deck. AND it's a Quick-Play, which means you can play it if your Synchro would be destroyed. But where does the banished monster go? Does it get SSed back or does it go back to the Extra Deck? The OPT clause doesn't make this card any more balanced.
Creativity = 15. Although OP, it is very creative and different.
OCG = 10.
Theme = 5.

Total = 35.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Tinkerer]
Balance/Design = 17. Due to this card's wording you can make an Xyzs' Rank into a Level and vice versa. But, this card could help you out in a pinch, although it is a little underpowered.
Creativity = 15. The effect and make sense together.
OCG = 6. Missing lots of capitals and 1 or 2 colons.
Theme = 5.

Total = 43.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Nobility]
Balance/Design = 17. That's a lot of Defense! Making the excavation effect during the End Phase was a good idea, so no crazy combos happen. The SS effect is fine but the no banishing effect could cause trouble for some Decks.
Creativity = 15. The effect along with the explanation makes a lot of sense.
OCG = 10 as far as I can tell.
Theme = 5.

Total = 47.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=2D Sage]
Balance/Design = 16. I like the Summon condition, but I think it could be set off a bit too easily. Other than that, it's a bit too weak.
Creativity = 15.
OCG = 8. In the last sentence, you should have put "by a monster your opponent controls" instead of "by your opponent".
Theme = 5.

Total = 44.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Silenth]
Balance/Design = 17. This monster can be SSed when a monster is tributed for anything, which is nice. The -4 thing should be -3 IMO, or else it won't really be of use. Overall not bad.
Creativity = 15. Definitely creative.
OCG = 9. Lower case T in tributed.
Theme = 5.

Total = 46.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=lightdiversion]
Balance/Design = 19. This card's effect is very generic, but it works very well. Not really much to say, except it doesn't need to destroy a monster for it's effect to activate, it can be any BES or Big Core monster.
Creativity = 8. The effect and name are not that creative, honestly.
OCG = 6. Missing a few things here and there.
Theme = 5.

Total = 38.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Aquatic Ether Zerpant]
Balance/Design = 12. The fact that this card is generic is scary. 1 Extra NS for ANY type of monster or adding ANY monster from your Grave to your hand is scary. This card is honestly pretty unbalanced.
Creativity = 8. The effect isn't very creative.
OCG = 6. Missing many capitals as well as not making the 7+ effect until the end of the turn.
Theme = 5.

Total = 31.
[/spoiler]

PS: I wrote all of this on my phone. Very tiring stuff.

Thx for helping. A bit iffy about how you judged OCG of some people, but since I know I'm too strict on this I'll respect your decision for now and won't mess with this unless need arise, also

[spoiler=lightdiversion]
Theme = 1. The closest reference e to a star is "Luna" in the name.

[/spoiler]

This guy should get 5 on Theme, since I actually stated this

Obvious anime-inspired is obvious.

Requirement
Make a star-related card in any shape or form.

Special: Saucer-related and sunflower-related cards will be accepted as well, without any special treatment or points deduction on theme.

Also I will lock this thread 24 hrs after this post. Questions can be asked before then.

Archived