[Poll] Should there be a thread/forum for Decks on Duel Portal?

VampireofDarkness

Duel Portal Deck Thread  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should There Be A Duel Portal Deck Thread

• Yes
    • No

So I just had a crazy idea. Some of us lost because we didn't have the best build of our Decks. Some of us have a decent idea enough to get a Deck, but after that, not sure where to go from the intial start. So maybe we have a thread like TCG & OCG Decks, specifically for Duel Portal? I know it isn't the biggest thing right now, but it would at least have some good activity and use I would think. Any thoughts?

OR you could put a sample build in the thread of the archetype you made. 

In archetype threads, the archetype itself is the main focus, not the Deck. Also, a subsection for Decks would also work for people posting Decks of other peoples' archetypes. For example, I have maybe half of the tournament contestants' Decks built. I didn't make the archetypes, so a subsection would be beneficial for such a situation.

In archetype threads, the archetype itself is the main focus, not the Deck. Also, a subsection for Decks would also work for people posting Decks of other peoples' archetypes. For example, I have maybe half of the tournament contestants' Decks built. I didn't make the archetypes, so a subsection would be beneficial for such a situation.

This is part of why I suggested this as well. I got A few requests for me to send the Decklist privately send the build for Dreads so they could build it themselves, so having them post their take would be great. It could speed up the Deck checking process, potentially bringing awareness to some Not-So-Healthy interactions earlier then when the Deck becomes Tier 0 in the tournament.

I support this.

To be honest, I was going to vote against it at first because I thought that a subsection wasn't necessary when we can use tags like [Deck] or something similar and post the decks in the main DP section, plus it is not like players have tons archetypes (perhaps an average of 3~4 archetypes per player?) and would post a deck for each, flooding the section. But it is true that, as ABC points out, some players make decks from other's archetypes for testing, fun etc. and that would contribute to flooding the main section.

A deck subsection may appear unecessary at this time, but I believe it will be needed eventually, so why not make it right now?

In most cases, this is sort of like the CC equivalent to how TCG is structured, so it might be a good idea to do it as such.

Keeps Archetype discussion tidy and lets us review the builds, given the cards provided.

Sample Decklists could be made in the Archetype threads, yes, but remember that those are subjective builds based on what the creator's believed to be a proper usage. 

Other members may figure out new combinations that weren't thought of.

Definitely not a forum, a thread at most. We do need to feel this section is active, and I believe splitting it into half dead subforums is going to be less beneficial than we think.
A thread is perfectly fine, but I'm not sure there's yet demand for that.
A thread would do. Edit : in second thought, I'm fine with a forum as well, if it maintains activity..

Archived