[TCG] April 2015 Banlist

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get why they would hit Qli so hard and Nekroz so mildly. Seems like the perfect recipe for unbalancing a format. I'm also pissed that my Qli deck just lost half its value, but it happens. Hitting Vanity's and Drain will mean there's less ways to counter Nekroz as well, though they do deserve it.

I think this is a good list in itself, but it would have been better if it happened 3 months from now, but with a much harder hit to Nekroz. I like that they banned Rulers, brought back Ravine, and pretty much everything else on this list except what they did with the meta decks.

Regarding Ravine @1, it's not going to be a mindless drop that's for sure, with only 1 copy I'll have to choose WHEN to play it.

Then again, Dragunity aren't even relevant though.

Turn 1 is a good chance to play it.

You can also recycle it with Jar of Avarice, since you need your Dux and Legionnaire back to do anything.

The reason why ravine could come back is because D-Rulers became banned imo.

That's not your opinion, that's the reason.

I more/less predicted Rulers getting hit in TCG's list in the other thread eventually, but at a later date once we got REBD stuff and whatever.

But they're gone now, so...

(* reminder to take out Tempest from MPBs, but then again I don't even use it for RL lately *)

---

A lot of things here are similar to the OCG list, so opinions on said cards basically hold here (if I even mentioned stuff about them specifically).

Either way, I'm fine with this list.

skill drain and vanity limited....is this a dream?, less worry about insta-kill floodgates, praise the banlist ^^

rulers to 0 is awesome too, LS cant search JD so easily, and infernoid lost a beater, preparation to 1 is definitely good

TGU and saqlifice to 1 are quite nice too, scout/brionac to 2....well shouldnt have too many impact

qli taking most hit since infernoid is coming

Very happy for the Qli hits. Slightly bummed about the Rulers cause I dud want to play that deck for a format but theyre better off gone. Wonder how viable a Hieratic blue eyes Dark Matter could be without them?

The errata limits are unsurprising and I'm excited to see if and how they will be played now. Snatch Steal was a terrible idea to bring back and they realized that.

Overall one of the nicest looking lists I've seen in a while.

It may no longer be an FTK but even with that it is still conceivably possible on turn 2. The issue does not lie there but in having to get that amount of opponent's stuff in the grave.

Another issue is getting both of those in Hand when both will be @1. I suppose you can turbo your way to them though.

May as well give my full thoughts :P

Newly Forbidden:
Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos (Thank God.... The speed you could get these out was absolutely crazy!)
Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders (See above)
Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms (See above)
Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls (See above)
Snatch Steal (Well deserved. No Deck I went up against on YGOPro didn't run this. Good riddance.....)

Newly Limited:
Sinister SerpenT (I like the revision. You essentially lose it once you have used its effect)
Tour Guide From the Underworld (The Special Summoned monster not being able to be used as Synchro Material? Fair enough. Still makes Xyz a thing though)
Dragon Ravine (Expected with all the Dragon Support coming out)
Preparation of Rites (Ritual Monsters are a big thing now so Limited their uses is good)
Saqlifice (Made Qli's very fast so glad to see its slowed down a bit)
Symbol of Heritage (Don't really understand this one to be honest, the effect seems to be pretty weak but meh)
Temple of Kings (Hoooo boy how broken this card was before. Once per turn is more reasonable now but it screams boosting Exodia a bit (Especially pulling off a sneaky Jar.)
Crush Card Virus (Much more reasonable. Your opponent is now not fucked for three turns after its activation)
Exchange of the Spirit (15 Cards in each players Grave now? Pretty decent. I could picture a LightswornExchangeSpirit.dek)
Ring of Destruction (So you can't kill your opponent with it anymore? Fair enough. RoD was always a decent Burn Card. Nice to see it back)
Skill Drain (About Damn Time! This card killed a while ton of Decks and was so annoying when it appeared)
Vanity's Emptiness (Oh hey! Let's Special Summon all the monsters I need then activate this! Good its now at 1)

Newly Semi Limited:
Qliphort Scout (This can quickly get those All Important Qli cards to your hand. (Feels more like a slap on the wrist though)
Nekroz of Brionac (Feel the same way as above to be honest. Mere slaps on the wrist.
Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En (Synchro's are a bit slower these days so This is welcomed at 2)
Charge of the Light Brigade (As a Lightsworn player myself, I totally welcome this being at 2. Makes a Deck a bit more Speedier)
Sacred Sword of Seven Stars (This surprised me. With all the REWD support coming, this may have been a mistake)

Newly Unlimited
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist -Spirit
Burner, Dragon Ruler of Sparks
Gladiator Beast Bestiari
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
Lightning, Dragon Ruler of Drafts
Lonefire Blossom
Reactan, Dragon Ruler of Pebbles
Stream, Dragon Ruler of Droplets
Goyo Guardian
Hieratic Seal of Convocation

Will reply to the others later ^^