Duel Portal Tournament Banlist + Discussion

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for Rekindling, are there any FIRE monsters with 200 or under DEF on DP that are commonly used to warrant such a thing?

At the time we agreed to ban it, we had Pyrangers, who used it to make multiple Xyz, Nova Master, and Crimson Blader (The latter whom by the effect of one of em would be untargetable). Not sure if he has posted them yet, but Conrad has those Rank 1 FIRE Insect things that with Rekindling would be nuts and probably 13-31 lock

Shining Numbers 0 Hope Zexal / Number S0: Utopic Z
Light/Warrior/R0/ATK?/DEF? - Xyz
3 “Number” monsters of the same Rank
(This card’s original Rank is always treated as 1.)
You can also Xyz Summon this card by discarding 1 “Rank-Up-Magic” Normal Spell Card and using a “Utopia” monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) (1) The Xyz Summon of this card cannot be negated. (2) Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects effects in response to the Xyz Summon of this card. (3) This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each Xyz Material attached to it. (4) Once per turn, during your opponent’s turn: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; your opponent cannot activate cards or effects during this turn.

Please let this hop on the Banwagon. Konami be smokin'.

Shining Numbers 0 Hope Zexal / Number S0: Utopic Z
Light/Warrior/R0/ATK?/DEF? - Xyz
3 “Number” monsters of the same Rank
(This card’s original Rank is always treated as 1.)
You can also Xyz Summon this card by discarding 1 “Rank-Up-Magic” Normal Spell Card and using a “Utopia” monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) (1) The Xyz Summon of this card cannot be negated. (2) Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects effects in response to the Xyz Summon of this card. (3) This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each Xyz Material attached to it. (4) Once per turn, during your opponent’s turn: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; your opponent cannot activate cards or effects during this turn.

Please let this hop on the Banwagon. Konami be smokin'.

speaking of things on the banwagon

300px-Dreamland-CROS-KR-R-1E.png

This card gains these effects depending on the different monster card type (Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz) on the field.
● Fusion: Once per turn, if a monster(s) is sent from your hand or field to the Graveyard: You can draw 1 card.
● Synchro: When a monster(s) is Normal or Special Summoned: You can increase its Level by 1.
● Xyz: During each of your End Phases: Destroy the monster on the field with the highest Level (your choice, if tied).
You can only activate 1 "Dreamland" per turn.

ayyyy lmao

Utopic Z has the potential to be super dumb especially when DP has like a bajillion RUMs. I'm in favor of banning. Also Continuumsworn makes 3 Numbers like no tomorrow.

As it is, I will dismiss S0 for right now, but I think a decision should be made *in the future* not allow cards in tournaments that have yet to be released in the OCG, with exceptions that can be made. Translation errors have happened before, and made cards a lot better than they had seemed, see Igknights. If we initialize such rule, by this, S0 would not be allowed, and then we can ban it upon arrival if the effect is everything it claims to be

As for Dreamland, I have yet to figure out how I feel about it. Supply Squad was thought to be dumb, but it never worked out. Dreamland is literally slightly better Supply Squad while you control a Fusion monster, which means you would have to keep said Fusion monster up AND fuse again in the same turn if you immediately want to draw. The Xyz effect, while also really good, conflicts with a lot of Decks. From self testing, Dreamland's a bit frisky when it is allowed to go off, but it happens much less often than expected. I will cap it at 1, but keep a close eye on it

I would agree with this sentiment on Utopia but...there aren't

1. Any generic Rank-ups in the pool.

2. Any Rank-Up searchers in the pool

3. Any Rank-Up searchers other than M. Field and RR Lanius (which require dedication)

It seems like a deck using this would literally be a deck that would only use this. Then again I could be wrong on this.

A friendly reminder that Utopia Change Tactics is a thing that is easy to abuse and that if your opponent has that with a Rank-Down and a 2-mat rank 4 in hand you WILL lose. You thought a 4K Super Shock Master is bad, try a 6K+ Super Shock Master.

I would agree with this sentiment on Utopia but...there aren't
1. Any generic Rank-ups in the pool.
2. Any Rank-Up searchers in the pool
3. Any Rank-Up searchers other than M. Field and RR Lanius (which require dedication)

It seems like a deck using this would literally be a deck that would only use this. Then again I could be wrong on this.

There is Rank Up Magic the Seventh One tho, which was already a sack card, and basically it makes it so if you drew your Seventh One in opening hand or activated your 1 Seventh One you can discard it for S0. Otherwise I would agree with this tbh.

A friendly reminder that Utopia Change Tactics is a thing that is easy to abuse and that if your opponent has that with a Rank-Down and a 2-mat rank 4 in hand you WILL lose. You thought a 4K Super Shock Master is bad, try a 6K+ Super Shock Master.

I don't like to look to Utopia Decks to count for the meta. That being said it does sound scary. Again with my proposed idea however

Okay so I dropped by because I saw the notion that somehow S0 will make Utopia.dek hilariously overpowered.

It won't. Who even runs Rank-Down? What?

S0 is still dumb and doesn't require you to play Utopia.dek to abuse though. Ridiculous card in its current form.

2/3 Dreamland effects are very good. 1/3 is decent. Extremely brutal card in the right deck (just Fusion.dek); this card is far more abusable than Supply Squad, which I never thought was going to be a great card (situationally good but that's about it).

(I am not making motions on what I think the status of the cards should be re: limitation, only giving a personal evaluation. As I said the primary goal was to marvel at the comment in relation to Utopia.dek, which is far too inconsistent to ever be that good.)

Okay so I dropped by because I saw the notion that somehow S0 will make Utopia.dek hilariously overpowered.

It won't. Who even runs Rank-Down? What?

S0 is still dumb and doesn't require you to play Utopia.dek to abuse though. Ridiculous card in its current form.

(I am not making motions on what I think the status of the cards should be re: limitation, only giving a personal evaluation. As I said the primary goal was to marvel at the comment in relation to Utopia.dek, which is far too inconsistent to ever be that good.)

Tbh I would agree with this wholeheartedly. Konami has tried several times to make Utopia good, but gives it power rather than consistency, and it's beyond silly at this point. S0 is just an example of them taking that to the extreme, and is kinda funny and half sickening that they feel the need to draw this line

Anywho, updates on the list. Would like to confirm the list as final ASAP (At least for this tournament), so feedback would be appreciated between that and the potential hits

Any of those need the ban hammer
Why ppl try to stop the anti-swarm cards that helps instead of hurt?

It's moreso keeping the number of Mirror Forces to a total of 3 after Storming came out. It doesn't really sound too fair have a 10% chance at any time (This number increasing as the duel goes on) of drawing a mass destruction card

Also how is Denko Anti Swarm? Or am I missing something here?

more than denko, Mirror, Skill and Vanity~
if ppl wanna ban torrential also, the swar would be OP as hell

No hits on Torrential. In fact, it was discussed once on moving it to 2. Mirror is more of the fact that it is a field wipe, and it is only a Semi Limit to keep it in check, not a full on Limit or ban. Skill and Vanity have problems in their own right, and you must take them into consideration. That being said, there are already outs to swarm Decks already, just more specific ones and/or ones that must be more skillfully played. You shouldn't have to solely rely on having access to a straight up blanket card to save you from a Swarm/OTK Deck. Having the correct answer for the correct Deck can be key, and should be kept in mind

why ppl keep complainin for cards like this?

still just have 1700 ATK, enought to be taken away for mostly any monster lvl 4 that can be normal summoned

also it doesnt prevent to use spell cards from hand, so even dark hole and Raigeki can kill it~

why ppl keep complainin for cards like this?
still just have 1700 ATK, enought to be taken away for mostly any monster lvl 4 that can be normal summoned
also it doesnt prevent to use spell cards from hand, so even dark hole and Raigeki can kill it~

1. Cards that take the opponent out of the equation potentially? That's all it seems to be really. Drain, Vanity, Djinn, all cards that laugh at you while your opponent continues to make plays. Denko is *presumed* to be in such category
2. Usually the ATK doesn't matter if you can go all in, which is usually the big schtick
3. This I can agree with, and part of why I haven't been down with it getting all the way hit, but I suppose one can't shoot the messenger. I might have to poll this one. Tho keep in mind DP only has 1 Dark Hole and no Raigeki

Archived