Duel Portal Tournament Banlist + Discussion

Since several people have asked about the banlist for the tournament, I have decided to make a thread for it to discuss and to discuss additional hits, if needed. I encourage this to be stickied, so players can take note of these when designing archetypes for upcoming tournaments. The list combines the current TCG banlist, along with the following hits:
Banned:
Denko Sekka
Exodia the Forbidden One
Djinn Releaser of Rituals
Performage Tricklown
Royal Magical Library

Elder Entity Norden

Cyber Dragon Infinity
Number 86: Rhomnogyiad
Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon
Tellarknight Ptolemaeus

Dreamland
Fusion Gate
Limiter Removal
Raigeki
Rekindling
Soul Charge

Skill Drain
Vanity's Emptiness

Limited:
Archlord Kristya
Armageddon Knight
Honest

Performage Trapeze Magician
Lavalval Chain

Storming Mirror Force

Semi-Limited
Mirror Force

[Spoiler Potential Hits]
None as of right now, hooray!
[/spoiler]

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with hitting 86, although on that note, are there any Archetypes that are capable of spamming Warriors in order to abuse it to the maximum?

But it doesn't hurt to be cautious in this regard.

Noden, I have no problems with giving the ban-axe; its design is bad.

Most of the banlist stuff I agree with; especially with Vanity's/Skill Drain. Oh hell, Skill Drain shuts down the entirety of DP.

---

That being said, I don't think sea added Pendulums yet; unless he already did and it wasn't mentioned.

I'd check DP, but sometimes it acts up and I can't.

Trickclown - What?
Noden - Okay
Infinity - I don't think we need this AND Ptolemaeus; I think we only need to go one or the other; but I'm in favor of CDI being un-hit but Ptoley staying in the banned list; he's really the one that makes CDI broken. Unless there's a bunch of decks in the list that can make great use of Nova, I don't think hitting both makes much sense.
Dank Matter Dragon - Kind of an unnecessary hit with the Rulers dead. I would have to look over the card pool of Dragons, but this guy really isn't doing anything with the Rulers dead. He's completely off the charts in the current meta entirely with the Rulers gone, so this seems like more of a salt-hit than anything.
Ptoley - See reasons for Infinity. I think this guy should stay here over him, though.
Limiter Removal - Hmmmmm... okay, I guess. I understand banning-by-principle, but limited cards that can't be easily searched. I would have to look at the pool of machines... oh wait, Reckless Division. Okay, fair enough.
Raigeki/Soul-Charge/Rekindling - Okay
Drain Emptiness - Alright

Notden - Wha-- I'll take your word for it I guess
Trith/Trish? - If this is Trish and not just a fan-card that's a mock-up of Trish; then toss this guy back in banned. If this is a fan-card, then I'll take your word for it.
Trapeze - Am I missing some fan-support that actually makes this guy broken? Speculation bans aren't really the best of ideas, and I don't see Entermages doing anything.

Kristy - I agree on this hit. I don't like cards that blatantly hit player interaction.
Exodia - Yeah, he doesn't need to be used, and I'm sure there's too much fan-made draw cards that are broken for this guy.

Rhonny - High-Risk/High-Reward isn't something worth punishing. Under this principal, you might as well ban Shooting Quasar Dragon. I would look back and see if there are any rank-4 warrior decks that really spam super easy in the fan-pool, and if not I think this guy can stay off the list. I mean, 3K 3-mat monster with immunity? Should Number 81 be banned under this principal then (Please no). 3-Mats isn't all that crazy, and it's not even a permanent thing. Heck, I've lost having a 6-K Rhonny before, and I'm not some incompetent duelist. Just because it's good, doesn't mean it needs to be banned. Only if it's abused.

Arma - Yeah, I think with our current card pool this guy is a little too good as a 3-of Foolish Burial.

Honest - No complaints here.

Lavalval Chain - I honestly don't see why a deck would summon this guy more than once in a duel, even if they abuse it to some extent. It's great for the early game, but is a huge risk in the late game thanks to its mediocre stats. I would check for sure to see if there's anything that this guy could particularly abuse. Otherwise, I think he's fine where he's at.

Dank Hole - Yeah, makes sense.

Air Force - If we have BOTH Mirror Force AND Air Force, I'd have both at one a piece. It's a gross way to bypass pre-existing hits thanks to new cards that essentially do the same thing, so let's do the list some service. If for any reason to hit this guy, I think it would just be because it bypasses the banlist by doing almost exactly what Mirror Force does.

Overall I'd be careful with the speculation hits. Take into consideration on how this shapes the meta, and focus mostly on the cards that are abused and used extremely unfairly instead of cards that are just "too" good or close to being too good. Cards can be good, just make sure they're not abused.

Trickclown - What?
Noden - Okay
Infinity - I don't think we need this AND Ptolemaeus; I think we only need to go one or the other; but I'm in favor of CDI being un-hit but Ptoley staying in the banned list; he's really the one that makes CDI broken. Unless there's a bunch of decks in the list that can make great use of Nova, I don't think hitting both makes much sense. There exists a semi-staple level R4 LIGHT Machine-type Xyz on DP. It makes sense to hit Infinity when it can quite literally be used with any R4 decks who can run Astral Force.
Dank Matter Dragon - Kind of an unnecessary hit with the Rulers dead. I would have to look over the card pool of Dragons, but this guy really isn't doing anything with the Rulers dead. He's completely off the charts in the current meta entirely with the Rulers gone, so this seems like more of a salt-hit than anything.
Ptoley - See reasons for Infinity. I think this guy should stay here over him, though.
Limiter Removal - Hmmmmm... okay, I guess. I understand banning-by-principle, but limited cards that can't be easily searched. I would have to look at the pool of machines... oh wait, Reckless Division. Okay, fair enough.
Raigeki/Soul-Charge/Rekindling - Okay
Drain Emptiness - Alright

Notden - Wha-- I'll take your word for it I guess
Trith/Trish? - If this is Trish and not just a fan-card that's a mock-up of Trish; then toss this guy back in banned. If this is a fan-card, then I'll take your word for it.
Trapeze - Am I missing some fan-support that actually makes this guy broken? Speculation bans aren't really the best of ideas, and I don't see Entermages doing anything. Again, Wonderlands. Spellcaster types are pretty goddamn strong in DP, with Wonderlands, Mikos, etc.

Kristy - I agree on this hit. I don't like cards that blatantly hit player interaction.
Exodia - Yeah, he doesn't need to be used, and I'm sure there's too much fan-made draw cards that are broken for this guy.

Rhonny - High-Risk/High-Reward isn't something worth punishing. Under this principal, you might as well ban Shooting Quasar Dragon. I would look back and see if there are any rank-4 warrior decks that really spam super easy in the fan-pool, and if not I think this guy can stay off the list. I mean, 3K 3-mat monster with immunity? Should Number 81 be banned under this principal then (Please no). 3-Mats isn't all that crazy, and it's not even a permanent thing. Heck, I've lost having a 6-K Rhonny before, and I'm not some incompetent duelist. Just because it's good, doesn't mean it needs to be banned. Only if it's abused.

Arma - Yeah, I think with our current card pool this guy is a little too good as a 3-of Foolish Burial.

Honest - No complaints here.

Lavalval Chain - I honestly don't see why a deck would summon this guy more than once in a duel, even if they abuse it to some extent. It's great for the early game, but is a huge risk in the late game thanks to its mediocre stats. I would check for sure to see if there's anything that this guy could particularly abuse. Otherwise, I think he's fine where he's at.

Dank Hole - Yeah, makes sense.

Air Force - If we have BOTH Mirror Force AND Air Force, I'd have both at one a piece. It's a gross way to bypass pre-existing hits thanks to new cards that essentially do the same thing, so let's do the list some service. If for any reason to hit this guy, I think it would just be because it bypasses the banlist by doing almost exactly what Mirror Force does. Have both Mirror and Air @2 each, imo. Having both @3 is kinda funny.

Overall I'd be careful with the speculation hits. Take into consideration on how this shapes the meta, and focus mostly on the cards that are abused and used extremely unfairly instead of cards that are just "too" good or close to being too good. Cards can be good, just make sure they're not abused.

Changes made based on some extensive discussion.
Take note Trick Clown is also a 1 Card OTK in Shaddolls, and Ptolemaios was hit cause of Diamond.
Also on principle, I don't think Quasar is worth hitting cause it is much more manageable than 5 mat Rhongo. There was an extensive discussion on this that led to the final verdict.
Kristya was argued to be put to 1 instead of 0, so it will be done
Lavalval Chain at multiples has been in several degerate Decks, ranging from Infernity to Zombie Xyz loops
And finally, on Dark Matter, Red Eyes combos break it now

Yeah, I wasn't aware of Wonder Magicians so that makes sense now.

As I said before, you should probably check if there's an archetype that consistently and effectively gets out a 5-mat Rhongo to the point that it completely breaks a lot of games. Even a 6K Attack a 5-mat Rhongo is stilly possible to defend against and stall for and isn't even a guaranteed win when he hits the field. Unless a player isn't bright with how he executes Quasar, who can deal the full 8K damage by himself no problem, I could argue it has a much better chance of winning a game. Heck, I know for certain I have a replay saved of me vs. CDI and a 4-mat Rhongo that ends in my opponent rage-quitting, and I was using a technically-rogue deck. This is a situation where you need to find out how easy it is for the card's effects to be taken advantage of instead of looking at the principle of the effects themselves. Cards should not be banned on the basis of their effects and stats alone; how easy it is to take advantage of those aspects and how consistently it can do this. So if there's like a bunch of cards I'm not aware of that consistently and effectively pull off a 5-mat Rhongo no problem despite the current gamestate, then yes it should probably be banned. If not, if it's the kind of card where pulling off its full effect is kind of an achievement, then it should stay off the list. There are a LOT of cards that impact the gamestate significantly to the point where they could be considered like Rhongo but aren't even mentioned on either the real list or this one.

Heck, even in decks that are built exclusively for a 5-material Rhongo; I have not really seen it done too often and the times they have done it has not been a guaranteed win. I do not think this card is a problem in the game at all, and definitely does not see light in the meta game.

Another thing with Chain; I actually was talking more about using it in multiples throughout a duel instead of simply just running it in multiples. Again, Zombies have been a good deck but it has been nothing more than a rogue deck in the recent years, and has barely been doing anything. Yes, the deck does make excellent use of Chain, but the deck itself is not worth hitting in any way and does not affect the real meta game at hand. Besides this, Chain does not seem like the real problem for the actual loops, and hitting the actual loops seems like a smarter thing to do than hitting a generic support that other decks make use of. It's like hitting generic ritual support just because of Nekroz; sure you're hurting the Nekroz, but a lot of other decks that would be cool to support are being hurt just as much and nothing is really being accomplished. Hitting a card because a rogue deck makes good use of a card does not seem very productive to me. Infernities also have not done much in the meta game, and there are other cards in Infernities that are worth paying attention to over Lavalval Chain.

Yeah, I have not seen any Red-Eyes builds make use of Dark Matter Dragon and now as the cards are released Red Eyes haven't even made an appearance in the OCG tournaments. Red Eyes decks aren't meant for fast rank 8 plays, and while they do like a bit of a set-up grave, there are other cards that they can use that make doing so a lot faster and easier than teching in rank 8 combos into the deck and ultimately hurting its consistency and effectiveness. Besides this, thinking now of the new cards Red-Eyes have access to, all this accomplishes is searching out Black Stone (which is already not very hard), setting up for the revive cards (also not very difficult), and with Protector of the Shrine. The deck may get some use out of the mill, but ultimately it doesn't address the existing weaknesses that Red Eyes already have. Hitting Red Eyes decks doesn't seem like a good spend of the banlist, as Red Eyes decks aren't even doing anything and really aren't even that fantastic.

As for Ptolemy, if CDI is going to be hit then hitting him doesn't make any sense, especially when Stellarknight Constellar Diamond can be easily summoned without Ptolemy's help. In fact, looking over the cards again, I'm completely confused as to why Ptolemy is being hit because of Diamond; if Diamond is the problem then you're going at touching him all wrong.

Yeah, I wasn't aware of Wonder Magicians so that makes sense now.

As I said before, you should probably check if there's an archetype that consistently and effectively gets out a 5-mat Rhongo to the point that it completely breaks a lot of games. Even a 6K Attack a 5-mat Rhongo is stilly possible to defend against and stall for and isn't even a guaranteed win when he hits the field. Unless a player isn't bright with how he executes Quasar, who can deal the full 8K damage by himself no problem, I could argue it has a much better chance of winning a game. Heck, I know for certain I have a replay saved of me vs. CDI and a 4-mat Rhongo that ends in my opponent rage-quitting, and I was using a technically-rogue deck. This is a situation where you need to find out how easy it is for the card's effects to be taken advantage of instead of looking at the principle of the effects themselves. Cards should not be banned on the basis of their effects and stats alone; how easy it is to take advantage of those aspects and how consistently it can do this. So if there's like a bunch of cards I'm not aware of that consistently and effectively pull off a 5-mat Rhongo no problem despite the current gamestate, then yes it should probably be banned. If not, if it's the kind of card where pulling off its full effect is kind of an achievement, then it should stay off the list. There are a LOT of cards that impact the gamestate significantly to the point where they could be considered like Rhongo but aren't even mentioned on either the real list or this one.

Heck, even in decks that are built exclusively for a 5-material Rhongo; I have not really seen it done too often and the times they have done it has not been a guaranteed win. I do not think this card is a problem in the game at all, and definitely does not see light in the meta game.

Another thing with Chain; I actually was talking more about using it in multiples throughout a duel instead of simply just running it in multiples. Again, Zombies have been a good deck but it has been nothing more than a rogue deck in the recent years, and has barely been doing anything. Yes, the deck does make excellent use of Chain, but the deck itself is not worth hitting in any way and does not affect the real meta game at hand. Besides this, Chain does not seem like the real problem for the actual loops, and hitting the actual loops seems like a smarter thing to do than hitting a generic support that other decks make use of. It's like hitting generic ritual support just because of Nekroz; sure you're hurting the Nekroz, but a lot of other decks that would be cool to support are being hurt just as much and nothing is really being accomplished. Hitting a card because a rogue deck makes good use of a card does not seem very productive to me. Infernities also have not done much in the meta game, and there are other cards in Infernities that are worth paying attention to over Lavalval Chain.

Yeah, I have not seen any Red-Eyes builds make use of Dark Matter Dragon and now as the cards are released Red Eyes haven't even made an appearance in the OCG tournaments. Red Eyes decks aren't meant for fast rank 8 plays, and while they do like a bit of a set-up grave, there are other cards that they can use that make doing so a lot faster and easier than teching in rank 8 combos into the deck and ultimately hurting its consistency and effectiveness. Besides this, thinking now of the new cards Red-Eyes have access to, all this accomplishes is searching out Black Stone (which is already not very hard), setting up for the revive cards (also not very difficult), and with Protector of the Shrine. The deck may get some use out of the mill, but ultimately it doesn't address the existing weaknesses that Red Eyes already have. Hitting Red Eyes decks doesn't seem like a good spend of the banlist, as Red Eyes decks aren't even doing anything and really aren't even that fantastic.

As for Ptolemy, if CDI is going to be hit then hitting him doesn't make any sense, especially when Stellarknight Constellar Diamond can be easily summoned without Ptolemy's help. In fact, looking over the cards again, I'm completely confused as to why Ptolemy is being hit because of Diamond; if Diamond is the problem then you're going at touching him all wrong.

@Rhongo Quasar still is much easily stopped. No Deck should have a boss that is unaffected by everything for 3 turns and have the ability to nuke your opponents board once and give you 2 turns where the opponent can't Normal or Special. 5 Mats isn't super hard, and again it's a card that hinders future design. 5 Warriors originally was Blade Armor Ninja and Kusunagi, did that give you a win condition? No, you just overextended. Rhongo essentially rewards such overextending

@Ptolem This was hit a while back. While Diamomd was the main factor, Plieades is also a thing, along with several other diverse options. The card literally is asking for trouble and limits card design, particularly in Rank 5s. On the subject of Diamond, you don't particularly normally want to go in Diamond in other Decks cause the way you do is usually too slow or not worth it outside of Tellars, and could be fairly easily punished, but Ptolemaeus throws that out the window

@Chain The problem with most of these loops though is usually hitting the cards in them outright kills the Deck for the most part. There are plenty of ways to abuse it, and previously, I felt this unable to be addressed cause the card was not making cameos anywhere, but now I see it in a few places. There actually are some people who want it banned and argued for such, so I consider this a fair ground at the same time.

@Dark Matter There is an OTK with it and Beast Eyes. I can go more in depth if you do wish, but that was the nail in the coffin. It actually already caused a few problems on DP in other archetypes, even without the Rulers, and after seeing how those Decks ran it, I see not many reasons to take down its original hit.

For Rhongo, again, 5 warriors on the field really isn't that easy and if your opponent is running any amount of disruption cards or even happens to have something along the lines of Solemn Warning, then going for the Rhongo means costing them the game basically. This is about awarding over-extending as much as any other achievement monster; it requires a lot of resources and if your opponent can't stop it then it kind of is there fault if 5 monsters are needed for the full deal. But if it happens to be a big problem on DP then there's not much else I can say.

As for Ptolemy, how in the world does hitting this guy stop other decks going into Diamond? Let me paste Diamond's summoning condition here:

During your Main Phase 2, you can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "tellarknight" Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material, except "Stellarknight Constellar Diamond". (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.)

If Diamond is the problem, then you're going after him all that wrong. Delteros is a generic 3-mat rank 4, just like Ptolemy, and hitting Ptolemy does absolutely NOTHING to stop other decks from summoning him. The only way using Delteros instead of Ptolemy is "slow" is because you HAVE to go into MP2, but really how much worse is that? It's the same card commitment for the same result. As for the other options, outside of teching in more Tellar support in your Extradeck, you're basically summoning a single-material Pleides or other Rank 5; which isn't really that useful as far as Pleides go. Yeah it has quite a few options; but how many of those options are particularly broken? Is versatility something worth punishing?

But honestly, if Diamond is your reason, you might as well ban Delteros then since that gives Rank 4 engines access to him, right? No, of course not. Banning Ptolemy because of Diamond is a pretty bad reason, tbh, and does nothing to solve the actual "issue".

I still heavily disagree with Chain; still particularly because said decks your trying to hit are doing jack-squat in the meta. They may be seen as degenerate in your and their eyes, but hitting the card because of it doesn't do much for the meta and comes across more as a salt-hit than one for the full game itself. It's a good R4, but hitting doesn't seem the way to go. Besides, Zombie decks have a lot of other means of setting up their grave really quick, and hitting a bunch of cards just because they have good support doesn't seem that smart, especially when Zombies are completely off the radar; and if a deck is doing jack-squat in a format and is off the radar, then there's a good reason for that and usually has to do with the deck's overall strength and effectiveness (or lack-there-of).

As for Dank Matter, you kind of just need to tell me that the fan-support breaks it again; but Red-Eyes (contrary to how some people think) aren't going to do anything to the meta, so it doesn't make much sense to be paying attention to them.

So it's faster to go for the two-material variant and wait a turn to attach an additional monster from your Extra-Deck and summon the monster of choice on your opponent's turn than it is to just go for the three-material varient or Delteros and do it on your own turn? I understand it's an easy way for a two-mat focused deck; but those are steadily on the outs as Tellarknights and Seraphs take the crowns of the rank-4 arena. The two-material Ptolemy is not something I've ever seen someone go for; yes you CAN, but I'm not sure anyone DOES.

Since several people have asked about the banlist for the tournament, I have decided to make a thread for it to discuss and to discuss additional hits, if needed. I encourage this to be stickied, so players can take note of these when designing archetypes for upcoming tournaments. The list combines the current TCG banlist, along with the following hits:
Banned:
Entermage Trick Clown Agreed
Exodia the Forbidden One Agreed

Elder God Noden Agreed

Cyber Dragon Infinity Agreed
Number 86: Rhomnogyiad Agreed
Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon Agreed
Tellarknight Ptolemaeus Not too sure about this one, especially with Infinity already being banned. I mean sure, you could potentially have access to a TON of rank 5's, but then again, it takes a lot of resources to bring them out using this card. I think with Infinity banned, this isn't really that bad.

Limiter Removal Yep to all 4
Raigeki
Rekindling
Soul Charge

Skill Drain Dear lord don't let these 2 ever come back!
Vanity's Emptiness

Limited:
Archlord Kristya Makes sense, I feel it doesn't need a hard ban. So long as there is checks and balances to the archetypes using this card that is.
Armageddon Knight Lots of dark support lately, so yeah.
Honest Yep
Mathematician Oh good, you took my advice.

Entermage Trapeze Magician Yep
Lavalval Chain Yep

Equalizer Matrix Disagree. The card should be nerfed or mechanically change, it shouldn't be a staple as-is. It has too much utility for little cost or setup (Also, it works in Battle Step, not Damage Step for the activation, like I previously thought. Unless you're negating a monster eff on-field during Damage Step, which it can then be Chained).

Storming Mirror Force/Wind God's Barrier - Air Force Yeah, but you should also consider making Mirror Force Semi-Limited at that point.
Temporal Maze Yep

Banned:
Entermage Trick Clown  idk why, just let it be at 1
Exodia the Forbidden One  Killing FTK! xD

Elder God Noden   this card should not exist

Cyber Dragon Infinity  at 1 i think is better
Number 86: Rhomnogyiad  is better to wait for Pendulums in DP to ban this
Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon  No more DRulers, so why?
Tellarknight Ptolemaeus  At 1 too

Limiter Removal  Agree
Raigeki  Agree
Rekindling  Not Agree, why? isnt searchable, just fire and the only OP combo it has is with Quasar/Lavals
Soul Charge  Fully Agree

Skill Drain  Die, bi$%#!! :D
Vanity's Emptiness  disagree, why? easy to take off and the only deck that isnt hurt for this card is the Yosenju deck

Limited:
Archlord Kristya  Should be banned
Armageddon Knight   Agree
Honest  Agree
Mathematician  Agree

Entermage Trapeze Magician  kinda broken, agree
Lavalval Chain  at 2 better, only zombies use more than 1

Equalizer Matrix  Errata plz, if not, banned

Storming Mirror Force/Wind God's Barrier - Air Force Agree
Temporal Maze Again, Errata, if not banned

So it's faster to go for the two-material variant and wait a turn to attach an additional monster from your Extra-Deck and summon the monster of choice on your opponent's turn than it is to just go for the three-material varient or Delteros and do it on your own turn? I understand it's an easy way for a two-mat focused deck; but those are steadily on the outs as Tellarknights and Seraphs take the crowns of the rank-4 arena. The two-material Ptolemy is not something I've ever seen someone go for; yes you CAN, but I'm not sure anyone DOES.

It's because DARK Decks haven't really been relevant. You make them such and now you have a 2 card out to all of them that can be pulled out at random during either player's turn.

Equalizer Matrix Ban this card. I already explained why, this card is immensely broken! It's a quick play that has too much utility with so little cost. It's splashable into every deck, and can be used in chain during Damage Step, from Hand as Turn Player, and prevents your Opponent from Xyz/Synchro Summoning with the card targeted by this card's effects. I have similar feelings towards Chain Break, so need I say more? 

Take such up to the pooling thread, not to the banlist section. I won't say I disagree with this

Storming Mirror Force/Wind God's Barrier - Air Force Yeah, but you should also consider making Mirror Force Semi-Limited at that point. 

Will bring it up. I wouldn't mind either way tbh

kpVY7zm.png

Banned:
Entermage Trick Clown Good Riddance
Exodia the Forbidden One Yup

Elder God Noden Makes sense, either this or Instant Fusion has to go

Cyber Dragon Infinity Considering there is a generic  r4 LIGHT Machine, and Astral force exists, this is a pretty bad idea at anything more than 0. Additionally, Chronometric can summon Cyber Dragon Nova easily, and nopenopenopenopenope
Number 86: Rhomnogyiad This card is very powerful, but is really only an issue with 4 or more materials. Are there any decks that can even do this?
Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon Is this card actually a problem on DP? I will trust you on this one.
Tellarknight Ptolemaeus Given that it limits what we can do, design-wise, I am in favor of this hit.

Limiter Removal Not saying the card isn't degenerate, but why?
Raigeki Sure
Rekindling Sure
Soul Charge Sure

Skill Drain Of course
Vanity's Emptiness I am of the opinion that limited Vanity's is a good thing, but if you all don't want it in the format, I am okay with it being banned.

Limited:
Archlord Kristya This is a very good idea, considering fairies are becoming more and more popular
Armageddon Knight Card does too much to be at 3. Agreed.
Honest See what I said for Kristya
Mathematician Really? Is this actually needed?

Entermage Trapeze Magician To be honest, bringing this to one doesn't stop a lot of its OTKs, but without trick clown it is much harder to summon, so I am okay with it here
Lavalval Chain The only decks that use more than one are abusing it to hell and back (a la infernity) so I can get behind Chain at 1

Equalizer Matrix This card does A LOT, but I think it ought to be fine at 1

Storming Mirror Force/Wind God's Barrier - Air Force Considering this plays a lot like Morhping Jar #2, it deserves to be limited.
Temporal Maze Arguably the single best trap in the format. Belongs here.

In terms of 95, I don't see too much of its ban either.

Granted, I could bring up the fact that my Psychic Dragon stuff is capable of making 107 (and other R8s), which could go into it, but that rarely happens.

If Serena didn't have that restriction (the one that says you can't make non-PD stuff), then you could probably say that its ban is warranted; but as is, not really.

Of course, there are probably other Decks on DP that can do worse.

I agree with hitting 86, although on that note, are there any Archetypes that are capable of spamming Warriors in order to abuse it to the maximum?

But it doesn't hurt to be cautious in this regard.

Noden, I have no problems with giving the ban-axe; its design is bad.

Most of the banlist stuff I agree with; especially with Vanity's/Skill Drain. Oh hell, Skill Drain shuts down the entirety of DP.

---

That being said, I don't think sea added Pendulums yet; unless he already did and it wasn't mentioned.

I'd check DP, but sometimes it acts up and I can't.

Igknights can do it with 5 materials, but as i said, we dont have pendulums at DP so i think we should wait

Wait, since when could you use Matrix during the Damage Step? It doesn't modify ATK or DEF.

So after a ruling re-check, I found that it only works during Battle Step, in which attacks are declared (but it can still be used in-chain during that point), and damage calculation will still go through (since the atk target has not been tampered with). Similar, but not damage step itself.

Banned:
Entermage Trick Clown Needs to stay dead as long as DP has this many Spellcaster support going for them. Makes Mikos even more scarily spammy, pushes Wonderlands to sub-tier 0, and so on.
Exodia the Forbidden One ayyy lmao

Elder God Noden Well, we have Notden, and that's honestly enough. Noden's a big big mistake by Koomy because for some reason they forgot to put a Hard OPT

Cyber Dragon Infinity See Giga's post. Chronometrics make Nova easier than even Chronomalies, and Ikaruga is still a thing. Both are valid reasons as to why it needs to be banned on DP.
Number 86: Rhomnogyiad I think the issue with Rhongo is that he restricts design. And is also horrible design overall. Rhongo's existence means nobody can make a decently spammy Warrior archetype, otherwise lolRhongoBongo. And no, don't give that "Can only be used for <<Archetype Name>> Xyz" requirement. That doesn't really solve the issue, that's just avoiding it.
Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon idk about this one
Tellarknight Ptolemaeus kek

Limiter Removal Chronometrics turn this into an easy OTK, so yup.
Raigeki We have Dark Hole. Raigeki is supremely OPd in DP format.
Rekindling See Rhongo.
Soul Charge I think this could stay @1 imo. Sure it's a topdeck card, but tbh a game without epic lucksacking topdeck isn't fun.

Skill Drain Sure.
Vanity's Emptiness Certainly.

Limited:
Archlord Kristya 2manyfairies make Kristya a dangerous card.
Armageddon Knight Arma Knight -> Stygian Warwolf -> Add another DARK in hand -> LOL
Honest 2manyfairies
Mathematician Well... Idk, really. Maybe keep it @2.

Entermage Trapeze Magician Yeah needs to stay @1. Without Trick Clown it's a lot less potent, but still. OTK only card that serves no purpose other than to OTK.
Lavalval Chain idk, the decks that can abuse it run it in more than 1, but are there really any in DP?

Equalizer Matrix Can stay @2.

Storming Mirror Force/Wind God's Barrier - Air Force Um. Either 2 of these and 1 Mirror, or 2 Mirror and one of these. Having both @3 is hilarious.
Temporal Maze Sure then.

Banned:
Entermage Trick Clown  idk why, just let it be at 1

Cyber Dragon Infinity  at 1 i think is better
Number 86: Rhomnogyiad  is better to wait for Pendulums in DP to ban this
Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon  No more DRulers, so why?
Tellarknight Ptolemaeus  At 1 too

Rekindling  Not Agree, why? isnt searchable, just fire and the only OP combo it has is with Quasar/Lavals

Vanity's Emptiness  disagree, why? easy to take off and the only deck that isnt hurt for this card is the Yosenju deck

Limited:
Archlord Kristya  Should be banned

Lavalval Chain  at 2 better, only zombies use more than 1

Equalizer Matrix  Errata plz, if not, banned

Temporal Maze Again, Errata, if not banned

@Tricklown It is only run @1 and also broke another archetype on DP. Outside of DP, there is a 1 Card OTK with sending it from the Deck via Shaddoll Fusion. Probably one of the most ridiculous cards we have had in a while

@Infinity It's usually only run in 1 outside of Cyber Dragons. There are MANY, MANY reasons why this card needs to go. I think Giga covered a few additional reasons

@Ptolemaeus Giga on point once again, though I have given a bit of more detail throughout this. Also, it is only run at 1

@Rhongo Though I believe this could be better in timing I suppose, I don't see a reason to not address it now

@DarkMatter It's a severe hinder to card design. It isn't nearly as much of a problem anymore, but it has caused enough trouble to be warranted to leave between TCG and DP impact

@Rekindling It is a blowout card, and isn't really used outside of such. It also nearly caused some trouble in the tournament that ended up getting cancelled, which resulted in it quickly getting hit at the time.

@Emptiness We had a whole voting thing to put this thing to 0 actually. If that doesn't describe how the majority feels, idk

@Kristya Can't say I disagree, but it was suggested just 1

@Chain See Giga

@Matrix+Temporal Take this to the Tournament Pool Thread, not here

Dread Angel of Darkness, on 04 May 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:snapback.png

Banned:

Number 86: Rhomnogyiad This card is very powerful, but is really only an issue with 4 or more materials. Are there any decks that can even do this?
Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon Is this card actually a problem on DP? I will trust you on this one.

Vanity's Emptiness I am of the opinion that limited Vanity's is a good thing, but if you all don't want it in the format, I am okay with it being banned.

Limited:

Mathematician Really? Is this actually needed?

@Rhongo While it isn't the first play you are able to do, Helicrons with their recent buffs (Which will be up over the weekend) can get 4 without losing too many resources

@DarkMatter I loathe what I have seen with this card. I really do.

@Vanity Again, we had a whole campaign for this one

@Mathman I just took it from everybody else suggesting it. Tbh, I don't like running Mathman outside of Shaddoll. It's a Level 3 EARTH Spellcaster. Compare that to Arma

Archived