[TCG] Clash of Rebellions - some teasing from Konami

The Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME introduces its next 100-card booster set, Clash of Rebellions. New Red-Eyes cards make a big comeback, fiery new Deck themes burst onto the stage, and more new cards for the latest Decks!

Red-Eyes Monsters make a big return after almost two years behind the scenes! Clash of Rebellions introduces brand new cards to go with Joey’s “Red-Eyes” dragon theme from the original Yu-Gi-Oh! animated series. Many of these cards will have synergy with cards from Legendary Collection 4: Joey’s World.
Clash of Rebellions also presents brand new Deck themes that’ll light up the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG tournament scene: fiery new Igknight Monsters burn up their own men to Summon gigantic soldiers, flowery Aromages pump up your Life Points and gain extra powers while you’re ahead, and a brand new Deck theme based on one of the most popular American fairy tales ever known that will continue to be supported in subsequent sets.

In addition to new themes, Clash of Rebellions also supplies Duelists with more new cards for the latest Decks, like Infernoids, Raidraptors, Performapals, Superheavy Samurai, Toon, and more. Finally, Duelists will also be able to use Xyz Monsters for Synchro Summoning by giving them Levels.

Bolded the curious bits. If it goes for the 2nd bolded part, no, it's not Antithesis Magician. That one simply allows you to treat an Xyz rank as a level for an Xyz summon, not for Synchro or any other thing.

In regards to the Xyz monsters gaining levels; Creation/Destruction Magician does that.

Once per turn: You can target 1 Xyz Monster you control; this turn, for an Xyz Summon, it can be treated as a Material with a Level equal to its Rank.

Nope.

Once per turn: You can target 1 Xyz Monster you control; this turn, for an Xyz Summon, it can be treated as a Material with a Level equal to its Rank.

Nope.

Yeah, I realised my mistake rather swiftly, thus I removed exactly what you quoted, but I'm now reminded of my mistake as you quoted it (when Ideally I wouldn't have liked to see it at all)

Reading the status, a Wizard of Oz archetype seems really interesting.

Yeah, I realised my mistake rather swiftly, thus I removed exactly what you quoted, but I'm now reminded of my mistake as you quoted it (when Ideally I wouldn't have liked to see it at all)

Reading the status, a Wizard of Oz archetype seems really interesting.

Well we have Dante's Inferno, Lovecraft, and King Arthur. I'm curious to see what they do.

Unless they take the lazy route and name it "OZ" instead of "Oz", to put it on par with how HERO was handled.

Or you know, seeing as Noble Knights weren't named Knights of the Round Table, neither Burning Abyss were named Inferno...I don't think they'd actually call the archetype "Oz".

I can't think of any other American fairy tales but the Wizard of Oz, so I'm curious as to how it comes out near the release date.

On the other side, if they really do mean it about using Rank - Levels for Synchros, why are they averting that fact from the actual boss monster: Odd-Eyes Rebellion? TCG might make their own game-changer shiz here, but meaning it or not it's piques my interest a lot as to the phrasing.

Knights of the Round Table/etc features swords in stones, which was part of that story, on Arthur's part; Set is based on Knights being equipped with such things; Even went the distance of making them Normal monsters until they obtained such swords, and then gain a whole new identity off it, which reflects how that story went in the first place.

Dante went through hell and back/Made it to Heaven. Clearly this would result in a Graveyard fetish.dek, or at least for the majorty of it.

Wizard of Oz.dek..... Now that I think about, and given the events of that took place.... I'm tempted to say this could be an Alt-Win.dek

Honestly the only three things I am looking forward in this set is, the New Red-Eyes cards just like the Red-Eyes B. Dragon Sword and the Lord of the Red in the Dragons of Legend 2 and then there is the New Pendulum Magician Cards plus the Newest Version of the Odd-Eyes Monster which I know this might be stupid of me to say but.....Couldn't Odd Eyes Rebellion Dragon been a Pendulum Fusion Monster since well it looks like a Fusion of Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon but then I guess nitpicking but than still its nice seeing the Evolutions.

According to Jeff Jones, the fairy tale archetype is not the Wizard of Oz and it's something much bigger.

Another thing apparently being said, the word "American" is redundant.

Anything about the 2nd bit? Whether it's a new card or just a typo from Konami?

The fairy tale may not actually be American.

Oh, nonono, I meant the 2nd bolded part in the OP, my bad for not making it clear enough.

Finally, Duelists will also be able to use Xyz Monsters for Synchro Summoning by giving them Levels.

About this.

Oh, nonono, I meant the 2nd bolded part in the OP, my bad for not making it clear enough.

Finally, Duelists will also be able to use Xyz Monsters for Synchro Summoning by giving them Levels.

About this.

No-one seems overly interested tbh, so it hasn't been brought up.

So from what I understand in this thread:

Someone from Konami messed up by not doing their research thinking that all fairy tales Disney has ever touched are American, when in reality they come from all over the place in mostly European countries. That just widened the options a little too much for guesses.

Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Pinocchio, Little Mermaid, Wizard of Oz, Tom Thumb, Little Red-Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, Princess and the Pea, Alice in Wonderland, Robin Hood, Rapunzel, Beauty and the Beast, Hansel and Gretel, Frog Prince, Rumpelstiltskin, Pied Piper of Hamelin, 

and probably many more.

As for the other part, Synchro Summoning with Xyzs would probably take a similar amount of resources that Accel Synchro needs so it is a cool idea, although I would have personally liked to someday see Synchros with Ranks rather than Xyzs with Levels, which would be pretty much self explanatory on how they are Summoned. Maybe waaaaay down the road.

I think with the Xyz Monsters getting their Rank turned into Levels was something to try to get players to use Pendulums, Xyz and Synchros all in one deck and work together since yes Fusion and Ritual Can too just you need the right Material and or cards to use them but it seems with Pendulums working to help summon more monsters to make a better play, This would Help Decks that Run both Synchro Monsters and Xyz Monsters

Archived