[Community Project?] Boss Redemption Thread

VampireofDarkness

The only Heroic and the cannot be destroyed by monster effs is too much, the rest is ok

Also is just that you 2 are nerfing way to hard the cards

cause they do too much ><

I would say that the only "heroic" summoning requirement is too much, so I may replace it with the original one ^^

Okay, let's change this from a salt-factory for new bosses and bring it to the intention of this thread and that is retooling OLD bosses. Show you guys how it's done.

uuwdAYf.png

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned by "Commander Covington". You must pay 1000 Life Points to declare an attack with this card. You can send this face-up card you control to the Graveyard to target 1 "Machina Soldier", "Machina Sniper", and "Machina Defender" in your Graveyard; Special Summon those targets. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can target 1 "Machina" Monster in your Graveyard: Add that target to your hand.

Three changes I made: Loosened up his summoning mechanics JUST a little bit, and I also added a recycle effect if he's destroyed. In the case of future Machina support, adding more consistency and more swarmability makes this guy potentially dangerous. Besides having a WHOPPING 4600 attack, he can turn himself into his individual pieces that can in turn deal more damage and go into Rank 4 plays and it just enables too many gross OTK's. With this little change, it's actually a little more possible to make Machina Support that CAN enable this guy, but keep him from being as abusable. The other effects make using this guy just a little more worth it as well, while still keeping the main design of the monster intact.

[spoiler=Dante]

855509R3DanteTraveleroftheBurningAbyss.p

2 Level 3 monsters
You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Choose a number from 1 to 3; send that many cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard. Until the end of this turn, this card gains 500 ATK for each card sent to the Graveyard this effect. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 "Burning Abyss" card in your Graveyard, except this card; add it to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

EDIT:

- Rhongomiant updated

- Dante updarted

I thought this was for bosses that restrict design while making cards, such as Mazera Deville (For being a dumb as hell discard 3), Reptilianne Hydra (For being a dumb as hell possibly +3), and so on. So Cydra Inf definitely counts, because as long as that card exists, it'll be hard to make Cydra/Chronomaly support without it being broken, or even Rank5 Machine decks for that matter.

I thought this was for under-used bosses

I thought this was for bosses that restrict design while making cards

Both actually

The way to balance Dante is not reducing the mill. It is making it so the mill isn't a cost.

Well I already discussed about that with Darkness yesterday, and we concur that Dante in not the major problem in BA, it's the whole archetype itself ><

Well I already discussed about that with Darkness yesterday, and we concur that Dante in not the major problem in BA, it's the whole archetype itself ><

That is correct, but there are 1 or 2 things with Dante that can be done. Giga has a point in that the mill being a cost is a huge factor. Literally you cannot stop the opponent from milling 3, you can only stop Dante from gaining 1500 ATK. Its Defense Position mechanic is also hilarious, but I'm not quite sure that is a big enough problem.

Both actually

Nope, just focusing on bosses that restrict the design of a particular group of cards and/or archetype(s).

That is correct, but there are 1 or 2 things with Dante that can be done. Giga has a point in that the mill being a cost is a huge factor. Literally you cannot stop the opponent from milling 3, you can only stop Dante from gaining 1500 ATK. Its Defense Position mechanic is also hilarious, but I'm not quite sure that is a big enough problem.

So, it should be something like this:

2 Level 3 monsters
You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Choose a number from 1 to 3; send that many cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard. Until the end of this turn, this card gains 500 ATK for each card sent to the Graveyard this effect. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 "Burning Abyss" card in your Graveyard, except this card; add it to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Guess the OCG is a bit off ><

Nope, just focusing on bosses that restrict the design of a particular group of cards and/or archetype(s).

Oops XD my bad

So, it should be something like this:

2 Level 3 monsters

That would be nice actually. Decided to take up a challenge, although probably a more obvious choice of this list

[spoiler Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World]

tgspVs5.png

You can Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard) by returning 1 "Dark World" monster you control to the hand, except "Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World", and if you do,  banish it when it leaves the field. You can only Special Summon 1 "Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World" per turn this way. If this card is discarded to the Graveyard by a card effect: Target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target, then, if this card was discarded from your hand to your Graveyard by an opponent's card effect, look at 1 random card in your opponent's hand, then, if it was a monster, you can Special Summon it to your side of the field. You can only activate this effect of "Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World" once per turn.

And now on the flipside:

[spoiler= Judgment Dragon]

jfaa4um.png

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by having 4 or more "Lightsworn" monsters with different names in your Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. You can only Special Summon "Judgment Dragon" this way once per turn. Once per turn, you can pay 1000 Life Points; destroy all other cards on the field, but your opponent takes no further Battle Damage for the rest of the turn. During each of your End Phases: Send the top 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Sparknotes of changes:

• You can only summon 1 a turn
  • Soft OPT on the nuke
  • No further battle damage after nuking

In short; it's JD but you can't just spam 3 on the field and then OTK. It's a little more Exciton now, except the Soft OPT to help throw a bone to monsters that can protect one or more times a turn.

That would be nice actually. Decided to take up a challenge, although probably a more obvious choice of this list

[spoiler Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World]

tgspVs5.png

You can Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard) by returning 1 "Dark World" monster you control to the hand, except "Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World", and if you do,  banish it when it leaves the field. You can only Special Summon 1 "Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World" per turn this way. If this card is discarded to the Graveyard by a card effect: Target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target, then, if this card was discarded from your hand to your Graveyard by an opponent's card effect, look at 1 random card in your opponent's hand, then, if it was a monster, you can Special Summon it to your side of the field. You can only activate this effect of "Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World" once per turn.

dat Grapha overkill

im kinda fan of the DW archtype, also a friend have a deck, so i can say the main problem of Grapha is that you can do it multiple times the resurect effect

i just would only add a Hard OPT to the bounce eff and would slow down the whole synergy, also stopping the Exodia Variants

And now on the flipside:

[spoiler= Judgment Dragon]

jfaa4um.png

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by having 4 or more "Lightsworn" monsters with different names in your Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. You can only Special Summon "Judgment Dragon" this way once per turn. Once per turn, you can pay 1000 Life Points; destroy all other cards on the field, but your opponent takes no further Battle Damage for the rest of the turn. During each of your End Phases: Send the top 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Sparknotes of changes:

• You can only summon 1 a turn
  • Soft OPT on the nuke
  • No further battle damage after nuking

In short; it's JD but you can't just spam 3 on the field and then OTK. It's a little more Exciton now, except the Soft OPT to help throw a bone to monsters that can protect one or more times a turn.

this is the 3rd card so far that i have nothing against the new design

the fact that JD is now even more searchable is a thing, so this nerf was needed

Archived