Golden Gate Empire | Closed Until Further Notice

Dad

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sooo intrested~ I'll have an app up later.

Looking forward to it.

I tweaked Odette with the suggested changes, i put a limit to the Seraph Lights and to the ribbons and i removed the charming ability

Thanks for that.  Will have an update everyone this afternoon.

...Huh?

Anyway, I wonder...how much knowledge will each participants have about each other? And how much knowledge'll they get about other matches?

Probably not much knowledge, both my characters have been secluded from the world for most their lives.  We'll all probably get the info about each other in our matches

...Huh?

Anyway, I wonder...how much knowledge will each participants have about each other? And how much knowledge'll they get about other matches?

Good point.  I'll take the time to address that now.  As of the start of the finals (which you twelve will participate in), no character has any prior knowledge of their opponent(s) until they fight.

It would have been cool to have some interaction, but whatever

Oh, don't get me wrong.  There will be plenty of interaction.  It won't be 24/7 brawls.  Fighters will get a chance to know each other intimately on the battlefield, and after a fight is over, there will be down time.  There's a lot for you to do, don't worry.

In approximately two hours, I'll being announcing our official roster.  Don't forget, if you haven't finished your application, you will have time even after the RP starts.  So don't fret!  If you have finished an app, and it is still marked as W.I.P., please indicate that it is finished by removing W.I.P.  See you all soon.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, it is my pleasure and privilege to announce our Secret Cup Roster of "finalists" for the "2088" year.

Disclaimer:  OP will be updated sometime tonight with accepted characters for further confirmation.

In order of received application to last received application, our current roster is as follows:

1. Kokoro Kuroyama - by UnendingEmpire
  2. Zyg 0001 - by Hydreigon
  3. Nori Amakusa - by Re-Class
  4. Fate Etheria - by Aikusu
  5. Morgan Reaperson - by Lord CowCow
  6. Basil Thorne - by Aikusu
  7. Robert Eschalotte - by Toyo
  8. Arisu Itakura - by Ninanai Nanashi
  9. Dirk Rider - by VCR CAT
  10. Odette Chrysalis - by Cosmo.
  11. Noya Jones - by UnendingEmpire
  12. Elspire Ferdinand - by Hydreigon

Some things to note about this roster:

• Roster is subject to change within the next few days at my discretion.  We will likely begin on the 18th or 19th depending on circumstance.
  • Those characters italicized above are still W.I.P. and have not been completed.  Still awaiting the completion of those applications.
  • Those of you hoping to make changes to your applications or submit an application after today still have the opportunity to do so.  If you're concerned about a deadline, don't be.  If need be, please send me a pm.

EDIT:  OP has been updating bar pending applications.

So since there are already 12 characters, that would mean the RP is full. Well that sucks.

Incorrect.  The roster is not final.  Submit your application anyway.  I will accept it as part of the rp, and if someone voids or is unable to finish a W.I.P. application, you can take their place.  I mentioned this above. 

Some things to note about this roster:

• Roster is subject to change within the next few days at my discretion.  We will likely begin on the 18th or 19th depending on circumstance.
  • Those characters italicized above are still W.I.P. and have not been completed.  Still awaiting the completion of those applications.
  • Those of you hoping to make changes to your applications or submit an application after today still have the opportunity to do so.  If you're concerned about a deadline, don't be.  If need be, please send me a pm.

[spoiler=Tyson Slayer ]

“All it takes it one wrong move. A single loss, and your soul returns to damnation… Are you prepared?”

“Yea, yea… I think I can handle few F**ed up teenagers, and a handful of a of meat heads.”

“So said the meat head…” 

Name: Tyson Slayer  A.k.a "The Ripper" 

Species: Human(?)

[spoiler=Appearance]

tumblr_nlnsdjlfOA1rz9pzoo6_1280.jpg

Standing at 6’1 and weighing 210 lbs, Tyson brandishes quite the athletic build. His attire usually consists of whatever dark and practical clothing he can muster at the time, with the only constant being a jet black trench coat to which he is known to be extremely fond of. Upon being resurrected, Tyson’s eyes glow a fiery orange that seems intensify as he invokes his abilities. Additionally, he now brandishes four scars on his forehead that seemed to be a product of whatever magic was used in his revival.    

[spoiler=Biography]

Friedrich Nietzsche once said “Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.” Though Tyson had tried his hardest to live by these words, It would seem that it was truly his destiny to join the ranks of the very monster’s that he had chosen to wage war against.

Born into a family of Hunters, he had been exposed to the supernatural world at the tender age of 16, and given the choice to either study in art of monster hunting, or continue living his life out in complete ignorance through the use of a memory erasing technique. To Tyson the choice was obvious; he would face the nightmarish creatures of the world head on. Not because he held some kind of vendetta, or tragic event had befallen his family, but simply because he was among the few who could. This lack of emotional baggage seemed to serve him well, allowing Tyson to quickly gain fame among the supernatural community under the tittle "The Ripper". Unfortunately though, the temptation to take on "side jobs" became to much for Tyson, and "The Ripper" became not only a renown monster hunter, but a feared bounty hunter as well. Be it human, vampire, werewolf, or demon; if you had a price on your head, you were fair game.

Tyson enjoyed five glorious year of guns,woman, and sin only to meet his untimely demise at the hands of a foe that left him with no chance to retaliate, or even fight. Yes, The Ripper was not defeated in an epic confrontation against a witch or arch-demon. Instead, the renowned hunter's life was claimed by a lethal heart attack. Thrusted into the depth of hell, Tyson was subjected to unspeakable amounts of pain and agony at the hands of Mephisto, Lucifers second in command. Forced to endure death in nearly every form imaginable, Tyson's mind eventually shattered, leaving him a empty husk that would rot for all eternity. Or so he thought...

After hearing word of Secret Cup Tournament, Lucifer couldn't resist the urge to participate in the bountiful amalgamation of greed, lust, and carnage. Summoning forth the soul of the fabled "Ripper", he empowered Tyson by bonding him with his torturer, Mephisto before sending his champion back to the world of the living. The agreement was simple, Tyson was to win the tournament in the name of Lucifer, and if he were to succeed; he would be allowed to walk among the living once more, with the added benefit of keeping the prize money.

It didn't take long for word to spread of The Ripper's return, and within days Tyson was met with an invitation to the tournament. With his eyes on the prize, and a bag full of new tricks, there was no way he could lose. 

[spoiler=Personality]

Given his reputation, it should come to no surprise that Tyson is extremely confident in his own ability. Though at times he does an exude an air of ignorance, his hubris is well warranted; during his life he has proven time and time again to be exceedingly clever, and has managed to survive an uncountable number of encounters with a wide variety of supernatural foes. In short, those who underestimate his intelligence are bound to end up dead. Even with that being said, it should be noted that while Tyson is incredible knowledgeable when it comes to combat and the super natural; he has devoted his life to those particular fields, and consequently lacks a large degree of knowledge that those who have a formal education would have.    

After having his mind shattered then reformed during his time in hell, Tyson’s personality has remained surprisingly intact. Still brash and cocky, Tyson is always looking for a new way to test his own skills. This has caused him to develop a very obscure honor system that generally keeps him from attacking unsuspecting opponents, and using any other strategies that he considers underhanded or cowardly; although, that's as far as mercy goes for him. Between his years of being a hunter, and his short stay in hell; Tyson has seen the dark side of humanity, and has come to accept that things like mercy or regret will only get you killed.

While outside of combat, Tyson is known to frequent the bar and is usually quite sociable. His lack of a strong morality makes it easy for him to chat and even drink with potential opponents, and has allowed him to strike up quick friendships with fellow contestants, only to end up having to kill them in the later rounds. Oddly enough, after being resurrected Tyson has become painfully aware of the absurdity of the world he lives in, and constantly finds him self in awe of the fact that he never caught onto these cliches while alive. This may have something to do with him having his mind shattered.   

[spoiler=Weapon(s) of choice]

Desert Eagle: Tyson's pistol of choice, heavily customized to fire silver bullets. Although a gun may seem rather redundant given the fact that he can literally breath fire, you cant teach on old dog new tricks.

Mephisto's Chain: Forged in the fires hell, this chain is nearly indestructible by conventional means. As Mephisto's weapon choice, Tyson was at first reluctant to use this artifact in battle, but after learning of it's ability to extend itself a staggering 20 meters, he quickly changed his tune.

Hunter's Knife: A large silver combat knife. Nothing really special about it... has seen it's fair share of combat though.  

[spoiler=Power Array] 

Shepherd of Fire: Tyson has the ability to generate, control, and project the flames of Hell at will. Hellfire is a mystical flame that burns both the soul and physical body of it’s victims, making it effective against spirits, beings of energy, as well as entities that would usual be immune to fire. Though not impossible to extinguish by conventional mean this flames are far more intense then any earthly fire, and those who are consumed by them will be incinerated to the point of leaving no by product, soul or otherwise. He can utilize this fire in various ways, including expelling it from his eyes, hands, and mouth, or channeling it through his weapons to augment them. 

Mephisto: Knowing that his champion would need more than Hell fire to win this contest of earth’s mightiest combatants, in an act of twisted irony, Lucifer chose to bond him with Mephisto, the very demon that was responsible for Tyson’s torment. Sealing the arch-demon’s consciousness within the man’s psyche, he granted him the knowledge and insight he would need to give him an edge in combat. Mephisto able to see the world using senses that transcend Tyson’s own, and communicate with his vict- partner through their telepathic link; alerting him to dangers he would otherwise not register, and offering him combat strategies, and an effective counter to foes who use hypnotism and illusion. This bond also allows Mephisto to manipulate Tyson’s body as if it were his own, but he meets extreme residents every time he attempts to do so.

Resurrected Body:  Tyson wasn't simply brought back to life. He has reborn, stronger and faster then he's ever been before. This new body has been shown to able to lift a maximum of 1 ton, and accomplish feats of agility that far surpass that of a normal human (Running up walls, climbing buildings, etc). It has also been shown hold a low level healing factor; regenerating wounds at an accelerated rate, and having the the capability to reattach limps and even regrow them if given enough time. Though it should be noted that he still feels pain, and needs food and water to survive. 

Certified Slayer:  Though not a grandmaster by any definition of the word, Tyson definitely knows how to handle himself in a fight, and then some. Specializing in hunting and killing a variety of supernatural entities, even before he had been empowered; Tyson is both quick on his feet and extremely proficient at picking out his prays weakness and exploiting it. Though the addition of his new power's has changed his fighting style considerable, he still tends to fall back on his old tricks when the fight gets down and dirty.  

[spoiler=Tyson Slayer WIP]

“All it takes it one wrong move. A single loss, and your soul returns to damnation… Are you prepared?”

“Yea, yea… I think I can handle few F**ed up teenagers, and a handful of a of meat heads.”

“So said the meat head…” 

[spoiler=Appearance]

tumblr_n9v4rnOgvi1rz9pzoo1_500.jpg

Standing at 6’1 and weighing 210 lbs, Tyson brandishes quite the athletic build. His attire usually consists of whatever dark and practical clothing he can muster at the time, with the only constant being a jet black trench coat to which he is known to be extremely fond of. Upon being resurrected, Tyson’s eyes glow a fiery orange that seems intensify as he invokes his abilities. Additionally, he now brandishes four scars on his forehead that seemed to be a product of whatever magic was used in his revival.    

[spoiler=Biography]

Friedrich Nietzsche once said “Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.” Though Tyson had tried his hardest to live by these words, It would seem that it was truly his destiny to join the ranks of the very monster’s that he had chosen to wage war against.

Born into a family of Hunters, he had been exposed to the supernatural world at the tender age of 16, and given the choice to either study in art of monster hunting, or continue living his life out in complete ignorance through the use of a memory erasing technique. To Tyson the choice was obvious; he would face the nightmarish creatures of the world head on. Not because he held some kind of vendetta, or tragic event had befallen his family, but simply because he was among the few who could. This lack of emotional baggage seemed to serve him well, allowing Tyson to quickly gain fame among the supernatural community under the tittle "The Ripper". Unfortunately though, the temptation to take on "side jobs" became to much for Tyson, and "The Ripper" became not only a renown monster hunter, but a feared bounty hunter as well. Be it human, vampire, werewolf, or demon; if you had a price on your head, you were fair game.

Tyson enjoyed five glorious year of guns,woman, and sin only to meet his untimely demise at the hands of a foe that left him with no chance to retaliate, or even fight. Yes, The Ripper was not defeated in an epic confrontation against a witch or arch-demon. Instead, the renowned hunter's life was claimed by a lethal heart attack. Thrusted into the depth of hell, Tyson was subjected to unspeakable amounts of pain and agony at the hands of Mephisto, Lucifers second in command. Forced to endure death in nearly every form imaginable, Tyson's mind eventually shattered, leaving him a empty husk that would rot for all eternity. Or so he thought...

After hearing word of Secret Cup Tournament, Lucifer couldn't resist the urge to participate in the bountiful amalgamation of greed, lust, and carnage. Summoning forth the soul of the fabled "Ripper", he empowered Tyson by bonding him with his torturer, Mephisto before sending his champion back to the world of the living. The agreement was simple, Tyson was to win the tournament in the name of Lucifer, and if he were to succeed; he would be allowed to walk among the living once more, with the added benefit of keeping the prize money.

It didn't take long for word to spread of The Ripper's return, and within days Tyson was met with an invitation to the tournament. With his eyes on the prize, and a bag full of new tricks, there was no way he could lose. 

[spoiler=Personality]

[spoiler=Power Array] 

Ok, that backstory is extremely cool!

“So said the meat head…” 

[spoiler=Appearance]

[spoiler=Biography]

[spoiler=Personality]

[spoiler=Power Array] 

Interest piqued.  Looking forward to the completed product.

“So said the meat head…” 

[spoiler=Appearance]

[spoiler=Biography]

[spoiler=Personality]

[spoiler=Power Array] 

Pardon my language but...

HOLY funking sheet

I just had to say something XD That's crazy. And I thought Morgan's Lich father was adequately supernatural and evil XD

Excited to see what you do with this.

Gonna be hard to top raptor with lasers though.

Just wanted to remind you all that we have (as of 12:01 a.m. Central Time) 1 day remaining for applications.  Try to finish up whatever you were doing, as we'll be ready to begin soon.  Thanks for your patience.

Archived