[Community Project] *Can* be used in a Duel

(GigaDrillBreaker)

So, as some of you may know, some YCS prize cards have the additional text of "This card cannot be used in a Duel."

Almost all of these a huge monster cards that require 3 tributes of their type to normal summon, and cannot be special summoned, with some additional Synchro Monsters, Xyz Monsters, and even 2 Pendulum Monsters.

The truly interesting thing they have in common (with the exception of Leonardo's Silver Skyship) is that if they attack directly and reduce the opponent's life points to 0 with that attack, the opponent loses the match.

Now, obviously this sort of effect is stupid and shouldn't be a thing.

The idea behind this community project is to errata these into usable cards for Duel Portal. Basically, rather than the match-winning effect, give them something else super epic that can basically be used to wreck sheet all over, but keep their summoning conditions difficult.

Think of these like Egyptian God cards, or at least what the Egyptian God cards should have been: incredibly powerful monsters that require a huge investment and dedication to properly summon. 

A link to all of the cards that are options is here, if you want to retrain a specific monster, make sure to claim it so that somebody else doesn't take it and we don't end up with duplicates.

[spoiler=Current Claims]

Giga: Chimaera, the Master of Beasts, and The Twin Kings, Founders of the Empire

GarlandChaos: Meteo, the Matchless and Lorelei, the Symphonic Arsenal

Neph: Legendary Dragon of White, Legendary Magician of Dark, and E☆HERO Pit Boss

Dan: Grandopolis, the Eternal Golden CityStardust Divinity, and Grizzly, the Red Star Beast

Mugen: Xexes, King of Destruction

Darkness: Aggiba, the Malevolent Sh'nn S'yo, Testament of the Arcane Lordsand Armament of the Lethal Lords

Armz: Ulevo

Toyo: Queen Nereia the Silvercrown

Batmed: Tyr, the Vanquishing Warlord

VCR CAT: Leonardo's Silver Skyship 

We will sort out the double claim on Eternia once Toyo responds on Skype.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

LIMIT 2 CLAIMS PER PERSON

I have Meteo done right now. I'll post Lorelei later.

...I think I may have made him a bit TOO strong, though.

eOVvzCt.jpg

Lore: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) during your Main Phase 2 by banishing 5 monsters whose original type is Beast-Warrior from both players' sides of the field. Cannot be destroyed by battle. This card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects. Once per duel, during your opponent's Battle Phase, you can banish all monsters from both players' decks and Graveyards: This card gains 500 ATK for each monster banished by this effect.

I have Meteo done right now. I'll post Lorelei later.

...I think I may have made him a bit TOO strong, though.

I think we have to keep the requirements tho. Also that is way too strong cause literally you cannot take it off the field. LITERALLY. The effect as well is costless Inferno Tempest that results in OTKs

I think we have to keep the requirements tho. Also that is way too strong cause literally you cannot take it off the field. LITERALLY. The effect as well is costless Inferno Tempest that results in OTKs

Yeah, thought so. I'll nerf the funk out of it.

To be honest, I really do like the summoning condition Garland did for Meteo. Changing summoning requirement is fine as long as it is still kinda ridiculous.

Tbh tho if you manage to pull it off either you full deserve the effect Garland gave or you didn't deserve the win cause you pulled it off against Eradicator's banishing 2 or 3 of their monsters or whatnot. Will take note on the req tho

Archived