[Finished]Zerpant's "I have to make THAT?!" Contest! [Done Judging! Scores are up, feel free to ask and dispute]

ÆƵ–

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright then, here we go.

[spoiler Twincaster Apprentice]Pij4OTR.jpg

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.

*When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Twincaster" card from your Deck to your hand.

[spoiler Twincaster Arcanist]G1IhH81.jpg

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.
*When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower WIND Spellcaster-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it.

[spoiler Twincaster Alchemist]oh5ZQPW.jpg

*When a "Twincaster" monster you control destroys a monster by battle or is destroyed by battle: You can draw 1 card.

[spoiler Twincaster Archmage]qoRQG5g.jpg

2 Spellcaster-Type Gemini Monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; Special Summon 1 Gemini Monster from your Deck. Gemini Monsters you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.

[spoiler Twincaster Circle]9IDZO8M.jpg

Once per turn, you can Normal Summon 1 Gemini Monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) You can only control 1 face-up "Twincaster Circle".

[spoiler Design Notes]I think I lucked out a little here. There are a few existing WIND Spellcasters that support Gemini Summons - albeit they're not linked by name, and are more standalone cards. Which means I don't have much material to grow off here.

The initial versions of the Gemini monsters had most of their effects as OPTs. The problem? Having Raptinus down means ridiculous amounts of value. What do? Make them have the never-before-seen on-Summon Gemini effects. Hence you can only get their sweet sweet value when you Gemini Summon them, or at least NS them from hand while controlling Raptinus. But not to worry, the archetype comes packed with its own tutorable version of Tensu, allowing you to get those extra Normal Summons that any Gemini-based Deck actually needs (barring Supervise).

Alchemist here doesn't look like a decent combo piece, but rather gives off strong amounts of value by offering hand advantage if things die in battle. Doesn't include himself, though, since in the Graveyard he loses his effect.

Archmage is not quite the boss monster, but rather another support hailing from yet another of the Extra Deck Summoning methods, which ultimately grants Gemini monsters their own tools of each non-Pendulum Summon type from the Extra Deck. It's designed to be another supporting pillar to Gemini monsters and not outright overshadow anything. Requiring Spellcaster-Type Gemini Monsters means that a Deck will need some of the base Twincasters to reliably get it out, rather than it being randomly splashable in any Gemini-centric Deck. But with the amount of value the Twincasters offer, why not?

It seems that all I'm doing lately are WIND Pendulums..., anyways, here's my stuff:

[spoiler=Icarus Servant, Sisam]6oYBUSB.png

[spoiler=Lore]Pendulum Effect: You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except Winged Beast-Type monsters. This effect cannot be negated. During the End Phase: You can draw a number of cards equal to the number of Winged Beast-Type monsters you Tributed this turn.

Monster Effect: When this card is Pendulum Summoned from your hand, or when this card in your Monster Zone is destroyed by battle: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Winged Beast-Type monster from your Deck in Defense Position, except "Icarus Servant, Sisam". You can only use this effect of "Icarus Servant, Sisam" once per turn.

[spoiler=Icarus Servant, Delos]5fEaGFM.png

[spoiler=Lore]Pendulum Effect: You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except Winged Beast-Type monsters. This effect cannot be negated. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 Winged Beast-Type monster and target 1 "Icarus" card in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand.

Monster Effect: When this card is Pendulum Summoned, or Special Summoned from the Deck: You can add 1 "Icarus" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Icarus Servant, Delos". You can only use this effect of "Icarus Servant, Delos" once per turn.

[spoiler=Icarus Servant, Calimna]UfnossS.png

[spoiler=Lore]Pendulum Effect: You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except Winged Beast-Type monsters. This effect cannot be negated. When you Pendulum Summon a monster(s): You can target 1 Winged Beast-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it in face-up Defense Position. Its effects are negated.

Monster Effect: When this card is Pendulum Summoned, or when this card is Tributed: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; return that target to the bottom of the Deck. You can only use this effect of "Icarus Servant, Calimna" once per turn.

[spoiler=Icarus Progenitor, Daedalus]2xNC4jC.png

[spoiler=Lore]Pendulum Effect: You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except Winged Beast-Type monsters. This effect cannot be negated. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to the Summon of an "Icarus" monster(s), or in response to the activation of their effects.

Monster Effect: When this card is Pendulum Summoned or Tribute Summoned: You can target 1 other "Icarus" card you control and 1  monster your opponent controls; return the first target to the hand, and if you do, return the second target to the bottom of the Deck. You can only use this effect of "Icarus Progenitor, Daedalus" once per turn.

[spoiler=Fallen Herald, Icarus]z4fJEBd.png

[spoiler=Lore]Pendulum Effect: You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except Winged Beast-Type monsters. This effect cannot be negated. If you control a face-up "Icarus" monster: You can destroy this card; add 1 "Icarus" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Fallen Herald, Icarus".

Monster Effect: Once per turn, during either player's turn, when your opponent would Summon a monster(s): You can return 1 face-up "Icarus" monster from your Extra Deck to your hand; negate the Summon, and if you do, destroy that monster(s). After damage calculation, if this  card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Return that monster to the bottom of the Deck.

Went for something that was flavorful, but also with some synergy with existing cards. Think of these being played alongside cards like Kujakujaku, Mist Valley Falcon, Sacred Crane, Zephyros and Swallow's Nest. And Icarus Attack, of course.

This contest has piqued my interest. As a result, I would like to participate in this contest.

Im in :D, looks cool

Sounds fun. Can i have a go at this? :)

This is a sweet idea. Count me in!

Y'all are in! I'm on a spotty mobile connection so I'm afraid you'll have to wait for specifications and getting added to the OP, but I promise I will get them to you by the End of the day.

I got a "FIRE-attribute Fiend-type deck. Their deck focuses on Synchro Summoning." I'm not sure if I should join in...Yeah count me in. I'll try to get the cards in by tomorrow.

I appreciate your enthusiasm to start, and I understand if this seems a bit nitpicky, but I'd feel more comfortable if I gave you the specifications. Sorry to say, but I cannot accept your first entrys. You are, however, in! Still on the spotty mobile, so by the wend of the day, promise.

Specifications are in!

Yemachu uses a WATER-attribute Winged Beast-type deck. Their deck focuses on Tribute Summoning.

Philemon uses a DARK-attribute Thunder-type deck. Their deck focuses on Pendulum Summoning.

hectorbastida uses a WATER-attribute Insect-type deck. Their deck focuses on Normal Summoning.

Dramatic Crossroad uses a EARTH-attribute Aqua-type deck. Their deck focuses on Pendulum Summoning.

Neo New Faytality uses a EARTH-attribute Reptile-type deck. Their deck focuses on Fusion Summoning.

Good luck to you all, also updated OP with names and pot donations~

Specifications are in!

Yemachu uses a WATER-attribute Winged Beast-type deck. Their deck focuses on Tribute Summoning.

Philemon uses a DARK-attribute Thunder-type deck. Their deck focuses on Pendulum Summoning.

Good luck to you all, also updated OP with names and pot donations~

What the...

OK, on the OP and it lists me as DARK Thunder Pendulum Summoning, but I'm really a FIRE Fiend Synchro-Summoning deck. OK, I know I was supposed to let you roll my name, but I already did myself and made some cards. Do the ones I already made count or no?

What the...

OK, on the OP and it lists me as DARK Thunder Pendulum Summoning, but I'm really a FIRE Fiend Synchro-Summoning deck. OK, I know I was supposed to let you roll my name, but I already did myself and made some cards. Do the ones I already made count or no?

As stated in the post right above the one with the specifications, unfortunately no they do not count. I do enjoy the eagerness, though, so A for effort.

This seems interesting. I'll give it a whirl. Hopefully I will get some decent inspiration

(I know it doesn't actually matter, but please use "Progenitor" as my user as a formality :D)

Accepted! Specifications:

Progenitor uses a FIRE-attribute Aqua-type deck. Their deck focuses on Fusion Summoning.

As stated in the post right above the one with the specifications, unfortunately no they do not count. I do enjoy the eagerness, though, so A for effort.

Fiddlesticks...

Could I get my one re-roll then? I'll go delete my current cards in the meantime.

This could be kinda fun. I'll Join. I got FIRE-attribute Plant-type deck. Their deck focuses on Pendulum Summoning[., Nope

Accepted, but my specifications say

Nekroz Kaleidoscope uses a FIRE-attribute Rock-type deck. Their deck focuses on Flip Summoning.

I want in ;)

Accepted! Your specifications are

Anonymous uses a DARK-attribute Rock-type deck. Their deck focuses on Fusion Summoning.

Oops sorry I must've read the part were we had to use our names on here. Either is fine or i'll wait and reroll.

Would you like the reroll? Because if not you're making a FIRE Rock Flip Summoning archetype~

Archived